Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Only In My Heart ❯ Madness ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: No, don't ask, you already know the answer…
 
This chapter was written in July '05 for a fan… You know who you are, sorry its taken me so long to get it up… I have another more interesting chapter in the works but its been put on hold for the moment… I just got a new job & my friend just switched publishers, so I'm going to re-edit her first 2 books… soooo, once again my story takes the back burner but I promise to work on it as I can.
 
This probably sucks the way it is, I didn't edit it, I just threw it together while on vacation, sitting in the woods. I haven't even looked at it since I wrote it. A lot of family b/s went on in July including the sudden death of a kitten… I'm trying to recoup now but things just keep getting strange…
 
Be sure to check out amyfushigiyugi's fanfics! She's a published author now & her stories are great!!! You can also check out her website at www.animedefiance.com
LOL sorry for the cheap plug but I'm the editor…
 
If this chapter really sucks let me know… I might just throw up the original for shits & giggles & trash this one.
 
As always, this may contain lemon, I really don't remember but thought I should warn just incase…
 
Chapter 18 Madness…
 
Hotohori awoke to the sun shining in the bedroom window. With a groan he rolled over, coming face to face with Jenna. He smiled and brushed the back of his hand across her cheek. She twitched and rolled towards him, losing the sheet that had partially covered her naked body. Gods she was beautiful. His eyes slowly roamed over every curve, taking in every inch of beauty. He sighed as his eyes lingered, caressing her with them. He wanted to touch her and make love to her yet again but he also didn't want to disturb her slumber.
 
As his eyes roamed down her legs, his breath caught at the sight of her feet, they were so tantalizing. They were perfect, smooth and elegant. He lifted his leg to look at his foot. No, her feet were more perfect than his. He grinned as his eyes went back to her un-calloused feet. How could a waitress have un-calloused feet? He sighed again, wishing he could reach out and touch one.
 
Jenna yawned and stretched next to him then gave a startled gasp. Hotohori looked over at her and smiled. “Good morning, princess.” Jenna made a face at him then turned to look at the alarm clock. “How can anyone be so cheerful at 6 am?” She pulled the sheet over head and spoke in a muffled voice. “I'm going back to sleep, I don't have to be at work until nine.”
 
Hotohori grinned and pulled the sheet down off her head. “Hey!” Jenna pulled it back up. “I have to go home to change and be at the office by 7:30, can I at least give you a kiss before I leave?” Jenna giggled and pulled the sheet down. “Okay, if you insist.” Hotohori laughed, bowing his head down. “Oh, I insist.”
 
Leaning over, he laid claim to her lips as he felt her brush her foot against his leg. With a soft groan, he grabbed her leg and pulled her knee over his thigh and reached out to feel the arch of her foot. It was just as smooth as he expected. Running his fingers up to her toes, he gentle outlined each one as his tongue dove deep into her mouth.
 
Jenna's hands reach out for him, whatever he was doing to her foot was affecting her in ways she never knew a foot rub could. She was wide awake now and really enjoying the sensations he was giving her. Leaning her body closer to his, she felt his arousal brush her thigh causing even more sensations to pulse through her body. Breaking away from the kiss, she breathed heavily, gasping for some needed breathe.
 
Hotohori sighed, lying back on the bed with his eyes closed. Jenna stared at his face then let her eyes travel down his body. She paused as her eyes came upon his arousal. Hotohori began to sit up. “Okay, go back to sleep. If I do not leave now, I will be late for work.”
 
Jenna didn't hesitate, she wrapped one leg around his and leaned over to kiss him again. Hotohori's arms came up to encircle her as she scooted closer bringing her body flush against his. With a groan, Hotohori tried to push her away but instead gave in to her demands…
 
 
**********
 
Hotohori rushed off the elevator and almost collided with Tasuki. “Dude, it's not like you to be late. What's up?” Tasuki inquired of his friend and boss. Hotohori pushed a lock of hair off his face and glanced around the outer office, where secretaries and other employees were gathered. “What's going on, Tasuki? Why is everyone hovering about out here?” Tasuki patted Hotohori on the back. “Did you forget that Mr. Xiang was making his great appearance here today to inspect his assets?”
 
Hotohori's eyes widened, he did forget and he was also late. This wasn't going to look good. He glanced at his watch and tried to think of a good excuse as to why he was an hour and a half late. Tasuki brought him out of his thoughts by taking his briefcase from his hands. “Look bro, I don't know why you're late but you look like you slept in these clothes. Will ya at least tuck your shirt in all the way.”
 
Tasuki elbowed him and tilted his head towards an office door. Mr. Xiang came out with a following of other men all talking at once to him. Xiang made eye contact immediately with Hotohori, dismissed the other men and waved Hotohori over.
 
“Sai, how are you?” He shook Hotohori's hand. “Jackie said you couldn't make dinner last night because you weren't feeling well. You do look a little out of weather. Are you sure you should be here today? I really didn't expect you to show up if your sick. Sometimes when I come to the states I get sick too, I think it's the food.” He winked and began to laugh, Hotohori laughed with him.
 
“I am fine, sir. And yes, I was ill from something that I ate but I feel better today.” Hotohori couldn't pass up a good excuse since he couldn't think of one himself. “Am I late for your inspection?”
 
“No, no, don't worry about it. Everything is just fine. The offices here look nice, everything is clean & tidy. How do you like your office? Is that assistant you asked for working out?” Xiang started walking down the hall towards Hotohori's office. Hotohori prayed that his assistant remembered to clean up the mess he had made the day before. He envisioned his office the way he left it the previous afternoon. Balled paper that missed the garbage can everywhere and Mc D's wrappers laying all over his desk.
 
“The office is fine and my assistant,” he glanced around looking for Tasuki, “is working out fine.” Tasuki appeared at his side. “Mr. Xiang you remember, Ku Shun'u? You hired him at the China office but he transferred here about a month ago.”
 
Xiang put his hand out and shook Tasuki's hand. “Tasuki my boy, how are you?” He nudged him with his elbow. “You must get Sai to stop being so formal. How's that new project of yours coming along.”
 
“Just fine, sir, just fine. We're almost finished with it, we just need to work out a few bugs.” Tasuki looked at Hotohori who was visibly sweating. Hotohori shrugged his shoulders.
 
“Well that's just wonderful. I hope to see a report on my desk, in say… two weeks?” Xiang stopped in front of Hotohori's office and moved aside to let him open it.
 
Tasuki nodded his head. “Yes, sir. The report will be ready. Well I have to get back to business, it was nice seeing you Mr. Xiang.” He held out his hand and shook Xiang's hand again before departing. Xiang laughed. “Hey, one more thing Tasuki.” Tasuki stopped. “Yes, what can I do for you?” Xiang continued to laugh. “Get your boss here to stop being so uptight.” He turned patting Hotohori on the back as they entered his clean office…
 
***************
 
…Jenna stood at the sink running cold water over the burn she just got removing the spring rolls from the fryer. “Damn it.” Aunt Betty just glared at her. “I said I was sorry a million times. Sometimes my alarm just doesn't go off. I'm going to go buy another one this afternoon, okay?” Betty just kept staring at her without a word. “Really, I don't know why you don't believe me.”
 
Betty turned to leave the kitchen but had to have the last word. “I don't believe you because you had a half naked man in your apartment yesterday…”
 
Jenna stared at the swinging door as her aunt left. “Damn it, she's never going to let me live that down.” Korin began to laugh. “No, I don't think she is.” Korin finished putting together the lunch platter that Jenna was working on. “Look, why don't you take a break and I'll cover for you.” She waved her hand when Jenna began to protest. “Go, get a cold drink and hold the bottle on your hand.” She didn't give Jenna time to respond as she left the kitchen with the food.
 
Jenna sighed. Since she met Hotohori she's been either late or called in sick the past week. And on top of that, now she's lying to people too. She hung her head in shame, she's always been an honest person and never lied unless absolutely necessary. This was necessary but she felt so bad lying to those she loved.
 
“Hey Jen, ya got a visitor!” Korin yelled in the door then went right back out. Jenna looked up into the mirror above the sink to make sure her hair was alright. `Why did Hotohori come at this time of day?' She thought about it for about two second then grinning from ear to ear, bounded out the door to greet him…
 
Jenna walked into the full restaurant looking for Hotohori only to be greeted by her brother Jackie. “Hey little sis.” He put his arm around her shoulders giving her a kiss on the forehead. Jenna pulled away, looking around the restaurant still expecting to see Hotohori.
 
“Well that's a nice greeting.” Jackie looked her and pretended to pout. Jenna grabbed his arm and leaning up, kissed him on the cheek. “I'm sorry. I was expecting someone else.” Jackie started laughing. “Anyone I know?...”
 
Jenna took Jackie by the arm and led him out of the restaurant. They walked in silence for a couple blocks to her apartment building. Jenna turned, her internal turmoil getting ready to burst. “Jackie, you must promise me you won't tell Hotohori I'm your sister. Please, you must promise.” She gripped his forearm, tears forming in her eyes as she pleaded with him.
 
Jackie smiled understandingly. “Hey, sis, you got my word. Let's go inside and talk, okay?” Jenna hesitated but then led him up the steps…
 
 
 
************************
 
As Jenna was walking Jackie to the door, confident that he understood the situation and wasn't going to blow her cover as Jenna, there was a knock on the door. Since Jackie was reaching for the doorknob, he opened it to a delivery man, holding a huge vase of flowers. Laughing, he reached for his wallet to tip the man.
 
That is not necessary, sir.” The man waved his hand in Jackie's direction. “I have already been generously tipped. Thank you.” He handed the vase to Jackie and turned, leaving them.
 
Jackie, grinning from ear to ear, turned with the flowers in hand. “Looks like ya got some flowers, sis.” Jenna reached for the vase, slightly perturbed at his continued use of the word `sis'. “You have to stop calling me that, Jackie. If we all go out to dinner tonight and you call me sis in front of Hotohori, well you'll just be causing me to think up another lie. And you know I hate lying to people.”
 
Jackie patted Jenna on the shoulder. “Hey, I'm sorry. I'll be on my best behavior, Jenna.” He leaned down giving her a kiss on the forehead. “See ya tonight.” Closing the door behind him, he paused looking back at the door, grinning. `Now I have to pay Hotohori a visit.' With a laugh in his heart, he sprinted down the stairs and down the street to Xiang-Sai headquarters.
 
 
***********************
 
Hotohori sat at his desk working on a report that was once again late. As he finished up and hit the print button, his phone buzzed, startling him. He hit the intercom button and listened to his assistant tell him Jackie Xiang wanted to see him. `Great, now what.'
 
Pulling the printout from the machine, he scanned it making sure everything was correct and left his office to go to Jackie's temporary office.
 
Hello.” He said as he walked into Jackie's office. “What's up?” Jackie stood smiling and offered Hotohori a chair. “Here, sit down. We have a lot to discuss.” Hotohori felt his stomach turn, thinking it was business related.
 
Jackie began laughing at the uneasiness that showed on Hotohori's face. “It's worse than you think. I want to know of your intentions for my friend, Jenna.” Remembering the story Jenna insisted he stick to, he continued. “You know Jenna and I have been friends since childhood, just like you and I.”
 
Hotohori was floored by the question Jackie asked. He leaned forward in his seat, brows furrowed. “Well, this is a surprise.” He was really taken aback and had no idea how to respond to the question. He shook his head and sarcastically responded. “How would you like me to answer? I am, after all betrothed to your sister.” He shook his head again, waiting for Jackie to say something instead of just grinning at him.
 
 
Jackie stood, walking around the side of the desk and sitting on the edge. “Hotohori, we have been friends for how many years? At least fifteen, correct? I know how you feel about the betrothal. If you could get out of it, you would. How you could get out of it, I have no idea. So now you have a girlfriend that I just happen to be friends with too, and I am curious. I look upon her as a sister and I do not want to see her hurt. So, I there is multiple meaning in my question.” He rose, going to look out the window, trying not to show the grin that threatened to cross his face again. “Do you love her? Do you intend to tell her about this betrothal? Or will you hurt her when you have to end it?”
 
Jackie listened as he heard the scrape of the chair as Hotohori stood. He turned around to face him. “You understand my interest in this, don't you?”
 
Hotohori headed towards the door but hesitated and turned around to face Jackie. “I can not answer all of your questions. But yes, I do love her. Unfortunately, I have more important things to think about at this time.” With that he left the office, quietly shutting the door behind him as a wave of emotions passed through his heart, with one question burning deep within. `Am I going to have to hurt Jenna?' He vowed to himself. `I will tell her the truth and if she wishes to break it off, then so be it.'
 
************************
 
Ok, so that's the boring chapter. However, I am leading up to something… *runs