Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ The Next Act in a Mysterious Play ❯ Apearances and Dissapearances ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hi everyone. Well, the only review that I've gotten was a complete slam. But, it did bring up a few things I think I need to explain. Yes, this has yet another girl going back into the book. But, that was the point. If you're anything like me, when you're all -time favorite anime ends, it sucks and you want it to continue. That is what I'm trying to do. Though I in no way claim to be comparable to the great Yu Watase, I am trying to go for her style. This would include a girl going into a book and becoming a priestess. So I'm not trying to be repetitive for the fun of it. That said, I think I'll get on with writing the next chapter. And I promise it will get more interesting as the story progresses. Just bare with me and PLEASE review (no flames) so that I know how I'm doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

"Oh Suzaku, how my butt hurts!" Katsura grumbled.

They had been riding for five hours now and both girls were getting tired.

"I hurt too," Mahome whined from between Kat's arms. She looked over a Hotohori with puppy eyes, "Can we stop to rest, papa?"

Katsura couldn't help but giggle at the blush that came over Hotohori's face at being called 'papa.' It was rather weird that they all were pretending to be a family, especially since they had not known each other for more than 48 hours.

"It is about lunch time anyway, Hotohori," Kat smiled.

"I guess you're right," Hotohori smiled back happily and pointed forward. "Let's just get to that forest up ahead and then we'll stop."

"Yea!"

When they made it to just inside the forest, Hotohori helped the two girls dismount.

"Thanks, papa," Mahome chirped as he lifted her off.

"You probably don't need to call me that here, just when we passed through the towns," Hotohori blushed again.

"I know, but it's fun. Don't you enjoy having Kat as your wife?"

Katsura froze at the question. She really did want to know how he felt about that.

"I am doing my duty by my brother the emperor, nothing more," Hotohori said with almost stern sincerity, to Katsura's unhappiness.

Not wanting anyone to see her hurt feelings, she excused herself to use the restroom.

"Ok, but don't go too far," Hotohori spoke as a protector.

"I won't, I promise," Kat gave a half smile before walking off.

'What is wrong with me?!' Kat thought to herself as she sat next to a large tree. 'Of course he's only doing his job. What was I expecting, to fall in love with the first warrior of Suzaku I meet and have a grand relationship that can cross dimensions?'

"I am not Miaka," she muttered aloud as a tear stained her cheek.

"No, you are not," a voice agreed from above.

Looking up in alarm, Kat saw a black mist with two glowing gold eyes.

"Wh…who are you?"

"You don't belong here. Leave!"

Suddenly Katsura was engulfed in the same light that had brought her into the book.

'Oh no! I'm going back. I can't go yet.'

Trying to think of anything to stop what was happening, she held tight to the tree behind her and screamed.

"Hotohori!"

Both Suzaku warriors looked up in panic and immediately started running in the direction the scream came from. Too late, they just saw their priestess disappear, along with something else.

A few moments later, Katsura stopped screaming and realized that she still had hold of the tree.

"Oh good, I'm still here," she relaxed before she opened her eyes.

When she did open them though, she was struck speechless. Kat was still in fact holding the huge tree, but she was not in the forest any longer. Looking around and up she found that she had come back to the restricted room in the library with the tree, which was now protruding through the roof to make a skylight.

"Oh no I did not."

Before she knew it, Kat heard bangs and shouting coming from the other side of the door.

"Hey, what's going on in there! Is everyone all right? Someone get the key to this door."

"You have GOT to be kidding me!" Kat moaned in frustration.

Knowing that there were only two exits available to here from the room, and one of them leading to both her arrest and an inquisition of how she got a live tree in the room and through the roof, she quickly grabbed the book on the floor, put it in the sash she was wearing, and started to climb the tree. She onto the roof just before the door busted open. Since sticking around was not a wise option, she looked for a means of escape. Luckily, there was a tree not to far from the back of the roof that was able to jump to and climb down. When she finally stopped running, she sat on a bench in the park she had come to.

"Well this day just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" she panted to herself between breaths.

'So now where do I go,' Kat thought. 'I can't exactly walk around Tokyo in ancient Chinese traveling clothes. Wait! Uncle Keisuke's place is right next to this park.'

Finally having a plan she got off the bench and started sprinting to her uncle's apartment.

'Boy is he going to kill me when he finds out what I've done!'

Trying not to draw attention to herself, Katsura opted to take the stairs to the fifteenth floor where Keisuke's apartment resided. Somehow (she certainly didn't know how) she made it to the apartment without passing out. Using the key she had, she let herself in to find no one home.

'I guess he's over with Grandpa Tetsuya. Oh well. That saves me a long lecture that will only waste more time.'

Katsura had to get back to Hotohori and Mahome. They were probably worried sick about her. An hour had already been spent back in her world, and she knew time went much faster in the book.

'Grandma never had it this bad. I'm sure of it,' she thought to herself as she wrote Keisuke a quick note and munched on a leftover sandwich from the fridge.

After placing the note on the kitchen counter next to ‘The Universe of the Four Gods,’ Katsura took a quick look around and an even quicker breath. Next, she reopened the book and was sucked back in.




Converting /tmp/phpAEInQx to /dev/stdout