Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Wheel Of Destiny ❯ To Find A Lost Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wheel Of Destiny
 
Disclaimer: Suzaku Seven and Seiryuu Seven are not mine. Though the new mikos are mine.
 
Summary of the previous stories: (You can read it in Momichi-chan Na No Da's sites.)
Instead Miaka and Yui, Kyouka and Misaki are the ones who got suck onto ShiJin TenChiSho. Just like the real story, Kyouka and Misaki are enemies. Kyouka is in love with Chichiri but Chichiri wasn't sure whether he loves Kyouka or not. Misaki is in love with Nakago and was hypnotized by him to hate her own best friend, Kyouka. The remaining of Suzaku Seven are Chichiri, Hotohori, Tasuki and Tamahome. The remaining of Seiryuu Seven are Nakago, Soi, Amiboshi, Suboshi and Tomo.
Misaki steal shinzaho from Kyouka and with it summon Seiryuu. Her first wishes were to seal Suzaku. Kyouka tried to convince her of Nakago's evil trick but Misaki doesn't believe her. By Nakago's request, her second wishes were to open the gate between worlds. Nakago was planning to take over the worlds.
Finally Misaki realized that Nakago was really evil and with her third wishes, she asked Seiryuu to unseal Suzaku and let Kyouka to summon him.
 
Let's began!
 
Prelude
 
Kyouka's body is surrounded by red light. She started to chant the spell to summon Suzaku. Her remaining warriors were standing before her in awe.
 
"The Four Directions of the Sky
By using the way, mind, and goodness,
Please tell the protector of the South, Suzaku.
From the Sky to the Earth, come to us physically
Through the Four Ultimate, please make extinct every kind of evil
By using your Godly powers, protect us
Only I wish, please listen
PLEASE COME FORTH FROM THE SKY!"
 
There was a large burst of red light. Everyone shielded their eyes as a large bird appeared above the Hall. The bird turned into red light, and Kyouka flashed out of sight.
&&&
 
In a strange realm of nothingness, Kyouka stood before Suzakuseikun, the human form of the Red Phoenix God, Suzaku. He spoke.
 
"I am the Suzakuseikun. Are you the Miko who called me?"
 
Kyouka nodded. "Yes."
 
"Now I will merge with you so that we are one.
After that, you may only use my supernatural powers three times.
When you are ready, use the word 'Kaijin.'
Do you understand?"
 
Kyouka nodded, and Suzaku went into her body. As Kyouka felt the enormous amount of energy from the God, she collapsed.
&&&
Kaijin!” Kyouka yelled. “Give me my best friend back to me! Give Misaki-chan back to me!”
 
From within Seiryuu's body, Misaki appeared. Tamahome quickly catch her before she fell.
 
Kyouka smiled in relief. “Misaki-chan…” Suddenly a sharp pain knocked her down.
 
“Are you alright, Kyouka-chan no da?” Chichiri asked in worry of his miko's well being.
 
Kyouka nodded weakly. “I must make my second wishes.” She said.
 
“You don't seem in good condition to do so.” Hotohori said. “You must not overdue yourself.”
 
Kyouka looked up to see Nakago, Soi, Suboshi and Tomo (Amiboshi was brainwashed just like the real story) were ready to attack them. Their eyes were full of menace. “But Seiryuu…”
 
Soi summon her lightning to attack Kyouka but Tasuki stand on the way and use his tesssen for the return attack.
 
“REKKA SHINEN!” Tasuki throw fire toward Soi. Soi managed to avoid it. “heh, not bad!” Tasuki grinned.
 
“You must rest, Kyouka. Let us take care of them!” Tamahome said. “Now that my power is back, I will kick some Seiryuu warriors' ass!! Chichiri and Hotohori-sama, let's attack altogether!”
 
Hotohori nodded. “Suboshi, I'm your opponent!”
 
Suboshi who hear that was furious. “Are you challenging me?”
 
“To protect my miko and the worlds, I shall destroy you!” Hotohori wield his holy sword. His symbol is glowing from behind his collar.
 
“Hem! Keep on dreaming!” Suboshi then launch an attack with his ryusuisei.
 
“I will take care of Tomo then!” Tamahome grinned.
 
“Daa! That leave me with Nakago na no da!” Chichiri said.
 
“Of course! You're the most powerful of all us!” Tamahome said. “Considering that you have our miko's love…”
 
“Tamahome-kun no da…”
 
“Ryusuisei!!” Suboshi quickly attack Hotohori.
 
Hotohori jumped to avoid the blast and drew his sword.
 
Tomo attack Tamahome with his feather thing.
 
Tamahome dodged the attack and grinned. “If you really have a death wish then I shall grant it to you!” With that both of them got another fight.
 
Chichiri and Nakago stare at each other.
 
“Nakago! This is gonna be your end!” Chichiri yelled.
 
“Hmm! Don't get to happy just because you already summon Suzaku.” The symbol on his forehead glowed. “I will show you why Seiryuu is called the God of War!”
 
“Chichiri!” Kyouka yelled. “Please be careful!”
 
Chichiri ignored her and concentrated on his chi. Red aura filled his body. “Bring it on no da!”
 
Nakago smirked and raised his hand as a powerful ball formed on his hand. “As you wish.”
 
Kyouka watched in worry as she tries to fight the pain. “Oh, Suzaku, please make the pain stop!” She watched helplessly as her warrior fighting for her.
 
Misaki awaken at the moment. “Uh, Kyouka-chan?”
 
“Misaki-chan!” Kyouka smiled happily. She hugged her. “I'm glad you're ok.”
 
“Aah.” Misaki can't help but smile. “Kyouka-chan, gomen ne! I put you a lot of trouble due to my own foolishness.”
 
“Don't worry about that.” Kyouka said near in tears.
 
Misaki stares at Nakago who is fighting Chichiri. “Nakago…” She suddenly stood and run a few step. “Nakago! Please stop all of this!”
 
“Misaki-chan!” Kyouka tries to run to her friend but the unbearable pain prevents her for to do so.
 
Meanwhile…
 
“Where are you going, bitch? Trying to run away?” Tasuki asked as Soi keep dodging his attack.
 
Soi looks annoyed at Tasuki's harsh words. (They have became more powerful than before. How come?) Then she noticed Kyouka and Misaki. (I see.)
 
“What's wrong, bitch?” You're afraid of me?”
 
(Tomo!) Soi talked to Tomo through telepathy. (Attack Seiryuu No Miko! I will distract both Tamahome and Tasuki!)
 
(What? You asked me to attack Misaki-sama?) Tomo replied as he tries as his best to dodge Tamahome.
 
(Just do it! I don't ask you to attack her for real. It just for distraction.)
 
(What are you planning to do, Soi?)
 
(Trust me! They would not let anything happen to her.)
 
(All right.)
 
Soi purposely attack Tamahome with her power. Tamahome quickly dodged it.
 
“What are you doing, bitch? I'm your opponent!” Tasuki yelled angrily.
 
“Tamahome! Are you alright?” Hotohori was distracted from his fight with Suboshi.
 
Suboshi use the opportunity to hurt him pretty badly.
 
“Watch out, Hotohori-sama!” Tamahome try to warn him.
 
Meanwhile in the same time, Tomo attack Misaki.
 
Misaki screamed in horror.
 
Tasuki quickly come to her aids, which cause him a serious wound on his back as he shields Misaki from Tomo's attack.
 
“Tasuki!” Misaki yelled.
 
“I'm fine.” Tasuki said as he coughed blood. He glares at Tomo. “You even attack your own miko?”
 
Tomo smiled which irritated Tasuki and then Tasuki realized that Soi has disappeared…
 
“Tomo!” Suboshi is distracted with the events took place before him. He can't believe that tomo attack his beloved miko! He looks angry. “Why did you attack Misaki-sama?!”
 
Tomo only smiled. “Zip it.” He doesn't have the mood to explain his action to his younger fellow.
 
Suboshi is angry; he wanted to wipe his smile off so he attacks him. Tamahome joins in the fight toward Tomo.
 
Soi has reappeared a few steps away from in front of Kyouka.
 
“Suzaku No Miko!” Soi called out.
 
Kyouka looked up.
 
“Die!” Soi wield her sword and trust it toward her.
 
“Kyouka!!” Chichiri could only look in horror. He can't teleport to her. The timing isn't enough.
 
Tasuki tried to move to help out Kyouka but found himself unable to do so. Misaki's eyes widened in horror as she saw Soi trust her sword toward Kyouka.
 
Tamahome turns to look what is going in which give Tomo advantage to attack him with his magic.
 
“You were distracted.” Tomo said. “Now you die!”
 
Suddenly Tamahome's forehead glowed. “I won't let you do as your wish!” He releases himself from Tomo's magic. Tamahome gathered his power to attack Tomo. Tomo was thrown away and fainted.
 
The warrior of Suzaku realized that Tomo had them tricked by attacking Misaki. It was just a cover to distract them and waiting the right moment to kill Kyouka.
 
Meanwhile Hotohori had run toward Soi and Kyouka. Praying that he could save Kyouka in time. He wield his sword, ignoring the wound on his body, gathered his power and throw the sword toward Soi.
 
Nakago see the movement and he quickly gathered his power to stop Hotohori but Chichiri step on his way.
 
“You die, Nakago!” Chichiri then chant a spell and attack Nakago. “KAI-HA!”
 
Nakago was hurt a bit. “KISAMA!” He fell one knee on the floor.
 
Chichiri ignored him and run toward Kyouka.
 
Kyouka closed her eyes waiting for death. But to her surprise, nothing is happen. She opens her eyes only to found Soi with a sword on her back. Hotohori's sword.
 
Soi fell on her knees. “Nakago…” With her last power, she shimmered herself near Nakago, the man she has love. She reappeared in front of Nakago. She reaches a hand on him but then fell on the floor, lifeless.
 
Nakago look shock. “Soi…”
 
Misaki, Tasuki and Tamahome sighed in relief after seeing that Kyouka had escape death.
 
Chichiri ran toward Kyouka. “Kyouka-chan no da! Daijobu na no da?”
 
Kyouka stood up and run to him. “Chichiri!”
 
Chichiri hug her. “Thanks Suzaku no da! I thought I would lost you there na no da.”
 
“KISAMA!!” Nakago yelled angrily. He gathered an energy ball, big ones, and throws it toward Kyouka and Chichiri.
 
Chichiri quickly push Kyouka out of the way.
 
“Chichiriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!” Kyouka let out a painful scream as she saw her beloved ones fell in slow motion before her. Blood are all over him. “NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!!” She stood up and run toward him trying to catch his body.
 
Tamahome also run toward Chichiri with the same intention as Kyouka.
 
Misaki, Tasuki and Hotohori could only stare helplessly.
 
Tamahome caught Chichiri before he fell to the ground.
 
“Chichiri!” Tamahome whisper. Tears threaten to fell on his eyes.
 
Chichiri coughed up blood. “Kyouka…”
 
“Chichiri… Why? Why did you do that?” Kyouka said as tears streaming down her cheeks. “You're too reckless!”
 
Chichiri coughed up another blood. “This is…for…the…best...”
 
Tamahome stood up and face Nakago. “Nakago! You will pay for this!”
 
Nakago glares at him. “That's my line!”
 
“Chichiri…” Kyouka clutched him as tight as possible for fear he would slip away from her. “Please don't die!”
 
Chichiri forced a smile. He raised a hand and caresses her cheek. “Kyou…ka… I'm…really…stupid…I…knew…now…”
 
“Chichiri, please stop talking, I will…will find a way to help you out.” Kyouka said. “I will make my second wishes. I will ask Suzaku to heal you.”
 
“No.” Chichiri shook his head firmly. “It's…too..late…I…could…feel…it.”
 
“No! No, It isn't!” Kyouka said.
 
Chichiri look at Tamahome who were fighting Nakago. It seem that Tamahome is no match to Nakago. “You…could…do…better…”
 
Kyouka knew what Chichiri means. She looked up to Seiryuu and make up her mind. “Kaijin!” A red light surrounded her body once again. “Suzaku, with your power, please seal Seiryuu away!”
 
Nakago feel his power disappeared and in the same time, Tamahome plunged his fist toward his heart.
 
“This…is…impossible…I'm…dead..in. .the..hand..of…useless…brats…” Nakago whisper and disappeared.
 
Suboshi feel weakened. “What the hell…?”
 
Tasuki use his tessen and smack him hard on his head. “Seiryuu already had been sealed away by Kyouka. You're now dead, kid!” And he coughed up again.
 
“Tasuki! No! Let him go!” Misaki said. “You should go back to Amiboshi.” She ordered.
 
Tasuki was about to protest but Misaki's glare stopped him from to do so.
 
Meanwhile back to Chichiri and Kyouka…
 
Kyouka winced again as she fighting the next torture from Suzaku. She shook her head, concentrated on Chichiri.
 
“You…did…well…” Chichiri smiled. He raised a hand, which is grab by Kyouka.
 
“Chichiri.” Kyouka cut his speech. “What should I do now?” Her finger trembles as she touches his face. Tears streaming down her cheeks again. “Please don't leave me. I…love you.”
 
Closing his eyes for the last time, Chichiri drew shuddering, rasping breath, his hands going suddenly limp. "I know...I wonder why..."
 
And then, he was gone. Kyouka felt him go.
 
“No… No! Chichiri! Noooooooooooo!!” Kyouka cried out.
 
Kyouka noticed Chichiri's body started to fade away. She cried out as she desperately trying to grab his body, which slowly fades away into nothingness.
 
Misaki look away, unable to seeing the painful scene.
 
Tamahome, Hotohori and Tasuki stare at their miko, not knowing what to do.
 
Finally Kyouka let out a painful scream.
 
Chapter 01
 
It has been a week after the final battle. Tasuki, Tamahome and Hotohori already went back to the world of book.
 
Kyouka remain in her world. She hasn't spoken since the day of Chichiri died. Misaki tried as hard as possible to cheer her up.
 
Meanwhile the pain on Kyouka's body got worse each day. Suzaku had continued to devour her. Kyouka made up her mind. She has to be strong to do what she wants to do.
 
She went back to Konan to discuss her plan with her remaining warrior.
 
&&&
 
“I absolutely against that!” Hotohori stated.
 
“I must agree with Hotohori-sama with this.” Tamahome said.
 
“I don't know…” Tasuki look confuse.
 
“Why?!” Kyouka asked with hurt in her heart. “I thought you would agree with me!”
 
“I say your plan is too impossible to be carry on. It might endanger your life.” Hotohori said.
 
“Dangerous? I don't care how dangerous it is! I'm going anyway. I don't care whether you approve of it or not!” Kyouka yelled. With that, she ran toward the Suzaku shrine.
 
“Shimatta!” Hotohori realized what she is going to do. “Tamahome! Tasuki! Stop her!”
 
The three warriors run after their miko.
 
Kyouka arrived in front of Suzaku's statue.
 
“Kaijin!”
 
Hotohori and the other arrived in time to see Kyouka's body surrounded by red light.
 
“Kyouka! Stop it!” Hotohori yelled.
 
“What the fuck are you doing?!” Tasuki yelled.
 
“Kyouka!” Tamahome yelled.
 
The light blinded the three warriors.
 
Give me the power to travel back to the past and give me all the power I need to defend myself without the warriors!” Kyouka yelled.
 
The red light fades away and then reappeared again as Suzaku appeared before them and become a red light that goes toward the sky.
 
Hotohori, Tamahome and Tasuki stare at Kyouka in disbelief.
 
Kyouka smiled to herself. (And now it's up to me…)
 
Kyouka closed her eyes. A red light surrounded her body once again. “Bring me to Chichiri!”
 
“Kyoukaaaaaaaaaaaa!!”
 
Kyouka's body slowly disappears in the red light.
 
Before the red light fades away, a figure jumps onto the red light and grab Kyouka as tight as possible.
 
When the light fades away, there are only 2 people in the shrine.
 
&&&
 
Back to the real world…
 
“Kyouka-chan, Misaki is here for you!” Kyouka's mother yelled. “Just go upstairs, Misaki-chan.”
 
“Hai.” She went to upstairs and get on Kyouka's bedroom only to see the ShiJinTenChiSho on the floor. A radiated red light surrounds it.
 
“Oh, shit! She went back to the world of the book!”
 
&&&
 
The evening was suddenly broken by an explosion of red light that flooded the surrounding someplace behind a hill.
 
A young boy stared up startled as he gazed at the light, wondering in fear what it was. As the light fades away, he shakily stood up from where he had been sitting beneath the willow tree outside his home and he decided to take a look.

"Houjun...what was that?"

"I don't know, Okaa-san but I'm going to check it out!"

"All right, but be careful!"

"Hai!" He dashed off, wondering if it would be dangerous or not.

Houjun climbed the hill and surprised to see what is there.
 
Lying on the road was a figure, bathed in a red light, something like lightning flickering around her.

"What the..."

He noticed that it is a girl with strange clothing. Somehow he felt a pull toward her. It's like he has known her before he was even born.
 
Houjun carried the girl and went back to his house. “Okaa-san, I found this lady was out of it on the back of the hill.”
 
“Oh, my! Poor girl!” Houjun's mother said. `Come! Take her to the spare room.”
 
Houjun laid the girl onto the bed as gentle as possible.
 
“I wonder who she is?” Houjun's mother wondered aloud.
 
“I don't know, Kaa-san. We might as well ask her after she is waking up.”
 
&&&
 
Kyouka awaken with a jolt when the nightmare she had claimed her roughly. She blinked then. “Where am I?”
 
“I see that you had awaken.” A woman come in and smiles. “Here are your clothes. It got dirty yesterday afternoon when we found you.”
 
“Hmm, who are you?” Kyouka asked. “Where am I?”
 
The woman stares at her strangely. “I'm the owner of this house. You're in one of the Konan Village.”
 
Kyouka gasped. “It's work!” She stares at the woman. “Gomenasai, I'm so rude. My name is Kyouka.”
 
Kyouka had somehow managed to convince Lady Ri with her stories. She said that she was a traveler from a land faraway. She also said that in the middle of her journey, some bandits attacked her. She managed to escape but get lost in Konan.
 
Lady Ri seem to believe her and gladly to welcome her to stay for as long as she want.
 
“Did you know of Chichiri?”
 
“You mean one of the constellation of Suzaku?”
 
“I mean the warrior of Suzaku. A monk with a mask?”
 
“I'm sorry. I don't know of it.”
 
“That's ok.” Kyouka smiled. (So the Suzaku Seven haven't gather in Konan. But then where is Chichiri?)
 
“Perhaps you should take a walk outside. You look pale. Maybe you need a fresh air.”
 
“Hai. You're maybe right.” Kyouka walked out of the house only to bump onto a young boy.
 
The boy caught her before she fell. “Are you ok?”
 
“I'm fine.”
 
“Who are you? I never had seen you before.”
 
“I'm just a traveler.”
 
“By yourself?”
 
“I think we're separated.”
 
“I see. Uhm, Is Houjun available?”
 
“Houjun?” Kyouka asked back. (I swear that the name is familiar.)
 
“You know, Ri Houjun? The owner of this house?”
 
“Hikou! What are you doing?” Another boy appeared from behind the earlier boy.
 
Kyouka froze.
 
“Ah, I see, that you've wake up.” Houjun grinned. “BTW, my name is Ri Houjun. And this is my friend, Hikou.” Houjun noticed that the girl's face look very white as if she is seeing a ghost. “Anoo, are you all right?”
 
“I…I…” Kyouka put a hand around her mouth. Tears started to fell onto her cheek. “Gomenasai!” She yelled and run pass the 2 boys.
 
“Weird girl.” Hikou muttered.
 
Houjun look shock. He feels something snap inside of him. Without thinking, he turns around and run after the girl.
 
Houjun follow Kyouka who was running into the woods. She ran and tripped onto something and fell on the ground with aloud thud. Alarmed, Houjun ran toward her and helping her into kneeling position.
 
“Are you all right?” Houjun asked again.
 
Kyouka looked up to him. Tears soaked her face. Her hairs are messy. Then she does the unthinkable, she laughed. (Oh, Suzaku…What should I do now? Are you purposely trying to mess with my mind?)
 
Houjun was puzzled. (Is this girl crazy?)
 
“Gomenasai. I'm quite all right now.” Kyouka said with a tremble voices. She forces a smile. “You…are Ri Houjun, right?”
 
Houjun nodded.
 
“One of the Suzaku Seven?”
 
“How did you know? None of my family knew of it. Not even my mother.”
 
“So you're really one of the Suzaku Seven?”
 
“Sttt!” Houjun whisper. “Not too loud please.”
 
“Why are we whispering?”
 
“I don't want anyone to know of it.”
 
“Why?”
 
Houjun look down shyly. “I don't believe that I'm one of the Suzaku Seven because I don't have power at all.”
 
“I see.”
 
“You're not going to tell everyone?”
 
“Is there any other reason? I thought you must fulfilled your duty as Suzaku warriors and protect Suzaku No Miko?”
 
“I…I had my own plan for my future. And it's not including become a warrior. I just want to marry the woman I love and be happy forever.”
 
Kyouka was surprised at the hurt that rose from within her heart. (He choice marriage than me?) “I understand.”
 
“It's getting late. Shall we head back?” Houjun asked. “BTW, what is your name?”
 
Kyouka look at him for a moment. Her eyes speak volumes. “Kyouka.”
 
For some unknown reason, Houjun felt a pang of pain inside of his heart. (What the hell is wrong with me?)
 
&&&
 
Somehow Houjun grow closer to Kyouka each day after day. They become a friend. Houjun can talk all he want about the world he live in, his love for Kouran, his fear of the Suzaku prophecy, etc.
 
Kyouka would only smile sweetly even though inside she was breaking. She tried to hold the urge to scratch Kouran's face. Luckily, Kouran was out to the town with her family to visit someone.
 
Houjun only think of Kyouka as a sister but Kyouka had develop new feeling of love for him. Hikou is suspicious at the arrival of the new girl but didn't say a thing.
 
(I'm getting to know Houjun, not only Chichiri.) Kyouka thought to herself. Little did, she knew that this happiness would not last longer. She would need more and more of his love. She could only survive with his love. Her love for Chichiri had helped her not to get devoured by Suzaku.
 
&&&
 
“Who are you actually?” Houjun asked as they sat on the river inside the woods.
 
“I'm Kyouka.” Kyouka would answer with a smile. (I swear that I need Chichiri's mask at the moment before I turn berserk on him.)
 
Houjun rolled his eyes. “Seriously!”
 
Kyouka giggled and splash water toward him.
 
“Hei!”
 
Kyouka quickly stood up and run. “Catch me if you can!”
 
Houjun grinned. “Of course I can.”
 
Houjun chase the girl throughout the wood. They're laughing happily.
 
“I got you!” Houjun grab Kyouka's arm. He triple over something and end up getting both of them fell to the dirty mud.
 
Houjun's face is very near with Kyouka's. Kyouka hold her breath as she staring at the eyes of the man she loves so much.
 
Houjun doesn't know what to do. He blushed and quickly moves from on top of Kyouka. “Gomenasai.”
 
“Houjun!”
 
Houjun quickly pick up himself. “It's Kouran!” Then he runs toward the source of the sweet singsong-like voices. He stops for a moment and turn to Kyouka. “Aren't you coming?”
 
Kyouka feel like there's a hole in her chest contain the darkness of her heart. She shook her head. Houjun stare at her for a moment, thinking. “Alright! Later I will introduce you to her. Wait here!” After saying that, he went away.
 
Kyouka pick up herself and follow Houjun not long after he's gone. She watches as she saw Houjun hug Kouran and then kiss her. Kyouka gasped; she turns around and run back as fast as possible. After a while, Kyouka sat down by leaning against a tree. Tears started to flow onto her pale cheek.
 
“…Here it is, a rain soaked weekend afternoon...
I'm walking the streets alone, even though I want to be with you...
It's so painful...
I thought I understood before, how falling in love would hurt so much...
I understand but it still hurts...
Even now, when we're apart...all I can think of is you....”
 
She almost choke on her tears, finally she release a soft cries.