Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Wheel Of Destiny ❯ Be Careful Of What You Wish For ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Wheel Of Destiny
 
Disclaimer: Suzaku Seven and Seiryuu Seven are not mine. Though the new mikos are mine.
 
 
Chapter 02
 
“Ah, Kyouka-san, where've you been?” Houjun called out from inside his house as he saw her walking from the wood.
 
Kyouka fake a smile. “I took a moment to wash myself in the river.”
 
“Houjun, who is she?” asked Kouran.
 
“She is a friend of mine. She would stay with Kaa-san and I until she found her long-lost relatives.” Houjun explained.
 
“I see. My name is Kouran. Nice to meet you.” Kouran smile a friendly smile.
 
Kyouka smile. “My name is Kyouka.”
 
“Let's go inside.” Houjun said. “It seem today is going to be rainy.”
 
“Where is Hikou?” Kouran asked.
 
“Don't know probably somewhere to tend people's wound.” Houjun answered.
 
They practically ignored Kyouka for the last 30 minutes.
 
Kyouka stares at the duo, feeling really hurt. She felt like she is going insane soon.
 
 
 
Ocean apart day after day and I slowly go insane. I hear your voice on the line but it doesn't stop the pain. If I see you next to never how can we say forever.
 
Whenever you go... Whatever you do... I will be right here waiting for you.
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks... I will be right here waiting for you.
 
 
 
“Oh, yeah. Next week there would be a festival in the capital city.” Kouran suddenly exclaimed happily. “Shall we go there?”
 
“You mean, star festival? Sure! We can ask Hikou too. Kyouka-san, will you go with us?” Houjun asked.
 
Kyouka think for a moment then nodded.
 
“Perhaps you will met someone who know you there.” Lady Ri exclaimed from the kitchen.
 
“That's right!” Houjun agree with his mother.
 
Kyouka give them a fake happy smile. “Maybe.”
 
&&&
 
Lately Kyouka had always found herself constantly faking a smile. She wonder how was Chichiri's feeling as he wore a smiling mask during the time in the past.
 
(Does he always had to fake cheerfulness in front me and the other?)
 
Kouran had lent Kyouka some beautiful clothing. Kouran is really trying her best to befriend with the newcomer but somehow she found it a bit difficult. Sometime she caught Kyouka giving her a very strange and cold look as if Kyouka hates her. Kouran tries to talk about it to Houjun who only laughed and said it was just her feeling.
 
&&&
 
Today, Houjun ask Kouran, Kyouka and Hikou go for a little picnic on top of the hill where Kyouka was found.
 
“What a lovely day for a picnic.” Kouran said as she took a basket full of fruits.
 
“I agree with you.” Kyouka said.
 
“I'm hungry. Shall we eat?” Hikou asked.
 
“Ah! I make some food from my world, y'know!” Kyouka exclaimed happily.
 
The other three stare her with a blank look.
 
“What?”
 
“Did you just say `your world'?” Hikou asked.
 
“What? No! No! No! I said Wo…Worming!” Kyouka lied. “Worming is the village where I come from.”
 
“I see.” Kouran smile.
 
“I'm pretty sure that you're not saying that…” Hikou said.
 
“ANYWAY, why don't we eat?” Kyouka said.
 
Houjun stares at Kyouka with a thoughtful expression.
 
“Itadakimasu!” Houjun, Hikou and Kouran exclaimed together and start to eat the food Kyouka had made.
 
Silent.
 
(What the fuck is this?) Hikou thought as his face turn blue.
 
(Is this really human food?) Kouran thought with a funny expression.
 
(This is beyond human taste…) Houjun thought with a nasty face.
 
“What's wrong?” Kyouka said.
 
“Kyouka-san, did you taste the food yourself before?” Kouran asked.
 
“No.” Kyouka answered. “Is it tasty?”
 
Houjun, Kouran and Hikou exchange a blank looks.
 
&&&
 
Kyouka grew closer to Kouran ever since that. She knew now why Chichiri had fallen in love with her before. Kouran is really a good girl with pure heart. Kyouka envied her.
 
“Anoo, Kyouka-san?”
 
“What is it?”
 
“There is something that I need to discuss with you.”
 
“What would that be?”
 
“This is about Houjun and I.”
 
Kyouka froze.
 
 
I took for granted all the times. That I thought would last somehow.
I hear the laughter, I taste the tears. But I can't get near you now.
 
Oh can't you see it baby. You've got me goin'crazy.
 
Whenever you go... Whatever you do... I will be right here waiting for you.
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks... I will be right here waiting for you.
 
 
 
“I, we grew up together and I think that I'm in love with him. But Hikou seem to take a like on me as well.” Kouran said. “I love Houjun but I don't want to hurt Hikou's feeling. I'm afraid if I admit my true feeling it might break up our relationship. The three of us, Houjun, Hikou and I…”
 
Kyouka keep listening.
 
“I don't know what to do…”
 
“Did Chi…I mean Houjun propose you?” Kyouka asked.
 
“Not yet.”
 
Kyouka sighed in relief. She stares at Kouran. “I think you should gave Hikou a chance to be with you” is what Kyouka want to say instead she say, “You should follow what your heart say, y'know.”
 
Kouran thought for a moment. She stood up. “That's right! I'm going to tell Houjun of my true feeling! But I must wait for the right moment.”
 
Kyouka stares at Kouran, feeling of how stupid she was but she knew that she must not change the past too much.
 
&&&
 
The night has fallen. Sitting by an old willow tree, Kyouka stared out at the moon and star with a wistful expression on her face.

She heard a sudden rustling in the wet grass behind her and turned her head to see Houjun making his way to her. Giving her a wide grin, the boy plopped down beside her. “Mind if I join you?”
 
“I don't mind.” Kyouka softly said.

”It's beautiful, neh?” Houjun leaned back against the tree and gave a contented sigh. "I always come up here whenever I want to be alone. I would stay all night just to see the sunshine/sunset or simply gazing the moon and star like this. Somehow I feel content whenever I watch the sun or moon. It feels like it would take away all my problem.”

Kyouka gazed on Houjun's face. (This is the Chichiri that I recognize.)

"So...did you sleep well last night?" Houjun turned his gaze to her as he smile gently.

”Yes, I slept quite well.”

"That's good to hear.” He turned and stared Kyouka straight in the face. “Umm, I have something to ask you...”

(Here it comes.) Kyouka thought reluctantly.
 
 
 
I wonder how we can survive this romance.
But in the end if I'm with you I'll take the chance.
 
Oh can't you see it baby. You've got me goin'crazy.
 
Whenever you go… Whatever you do… I will be right here waiting for you.
Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks… I will be right here waiting for you.
 
Waiting for you.
 
 

”Well, it's like this...I want to ask Kouran if she'll marry me, and I'm not sure how she feels about me. I mean, she is my best friend, and we have been friends since we were little kids, and we are so close that we could never be separated. I've fallen in love with her, and I'd like to tell her that.”

Kyouka took a deep breath and said, “It seems like the best thing for you to do is to do what you feel is right.”

Houjun looked puzzled. “But, how am I supposed to ask her? I mean, I've never done this sort of thing before, fall in love that is.”

Kyouka smiled at him. “Do what you feel is right. Proposing to someone is usually a romantic affair, so propose to her in some sweet romantic manner.”

”So you think I should propose to her?”

”Hai, if that is what you want to do, then don't let anything stop you.”
 
“Kyouka-san, have you ever fall in love with someone?”
 
“I have…” Kyouka answered softly. Her face looks solemn.
 
“What happen to him, the guy you love, I mean, if you don't mind me asking?”
 
“He was gone somewhere…unreachable….”
 
“Oh… I'm sorry to hear that.”
 
“It's ok. Beside I had a mission to fulfill.”
 
“Mission?”
 
Kyouka stares at the sky, not wanting to talk anymore. Houjun get the message and stop asking. The duo is watching the star and moon together.
 
&&&
 
Kyouka jerked awake when she heard a screaming from outside. She quickly stood up and run outside to see what is happening. She saw a lot of men with obvious bad intention attacking the village early in the morning. The villagers are trying to fight back but to no avails.
 
Houjun appeared shortly after her. “Kyouka-san, you must hide! They're the Black Sheep Bandits!”
 
“Black Sheep Bandits? What are they doing here?”
 
“Just hide! If they found you, they might kidnap you! I will find Kouran!”
 
Kyouka saw the men took a lot of young girls by force and it angered her a great deal.
 
Without thinking, she ran toward the bandits as she yell, “Let them go!”
 
One of the bandits saw her and smirked. “It seem that I had found a cute babe…”
 
Kyouka rolled her eyes in disgust. She picks up a stone and throws it to him. It got him knock right on the head.
 
“You bitch!” The man was very angry. He drew his sword and trusts it toward her.
 
Around the time, Houjun appeared and seeing that he quickly run toward Kyouka and quickly shield her from the attack.
 
“Houjun!” Kouran and Hikou yelled.
 
Kyouka stares in shock. One of Houjun's arms got bleeding pretty badly.
 
“Houjun! What are you doing? Are you nut? Shielding me like that?” Kyouka yelled as tears streaming down her cheek. (All over again…)
 
“Che! I miss!” The bandit who attacks Kyouka said.
 
Kyouka glares at him. She was very angry. “Unforgivable!” She stood up. A red light started to surround her and it becomes a force that attack and push the bandits away.
 
All the people look at her in disbelief and horror.
 
“Get away you evil scum!” Kyouka yelled in angry. “If you ever lay a step upon this land, I swear, by the name of Suzaku, I will destroy you guys!”
 
Sure enough that send the bandits scare to death. They practically scattered around like a stray cat.
 
Houjun stares at Kyouka in disbelief. Sure thing that Kyouka is a strange girl but he never realizes that she has a supernatural power.
 
“You must be sent by Suzaku to help us!” One of the elders in village walked toward Kyouka.
 
Kyouka stares at them and closed her eyes. The red light fades away.
 
“Who are you really?” People start asking question.
 
Kyouka didn't answer.
 
“She might be a demon!” One of the women said.
 
“She is not!” Houjun yelled angrily. (What's up with them? Kyouka-san help us to get the bandits out of here and here she think of her as evil?)
 
“Masaka! Are you Suzaku No Miko?”
 
Houjun jerk his head. (Of course! Why didn't I think of it before? If she is the miko of course she knew of my symbol.)
 
Kyouka sighed and nodded.
 
The villagers even Houjun himself bow before her.
 
“Welcome, Suzaku No Miko!”
 
“We're sorry for our rudeness.”
 
“Suzaku really bless us!”
 
Kyouka sighed and wave her hand. “No need to be formal.”
 
Everyone stood up.
 
Kouran run toward Houjun and asked if he is all right. Houjun assured her that he is all right.
 
“I'm in the middle of mission so I want you guys to keep out the secret of me being here, understood?” Kyouka asked. The last thing she wants is to meet the emperor, the young Hotohori.
 
“Hai.”
 
A man dresses in black retreat quietly to the woods. (I must report this to the general of Kutou.)
 
 
Chapter 03
 
A few days later, Kyouka, Houjun, Kouran and hikou went to the capital of Konan to participate with the Star Festival.
 
“Wah~~~~!!!” Kyouka exclaimed happily as she jump up and down in excited. “It's beautiful!”
 
Houjun smiled influenced by her cheerfulness. Ever since her secret as Suzaku No Miko were revealed, she hardly smiles. He felt relief now.
 
“Is she really the Suzaku No Miko?” Hikou asked Houjun.
 
Houjun grinned. “Sure she is.”
 
Kyouka had run toward from one stan to another. Observing each games and things. She suddenly felt a pain on her chest as she remembers the Star festival in which she and Suzaku Seven gone to. She is fighting back her tears. (I must keep smiling for the sake of everyone.)
 
Houjun walk toward Kyouka and pat her shoulder. “Want to tries the games?”
 
“Sure!” Kyouka grinned.
 
Kouran and Hikou smile seeing how excited the duo is.
 
“Don't you feel jealous toward Kyouka-san?” Hikou tease her.
 
“I've faith on Houjun. He would not betray me.” Kouran said.
 
Hikou stare at her in awe.
 
“Shall we join them, Hikou?” Kouran asked.
 
Hikou nodded and follow Kouran behind.
 
The four had fun together. They were playing games, shopping, eating, watching drama, etc.
 
Houjun is kneeled beside Kouran as she settles to look on a collection of hairpin and bros on the carpet before them.
 
“This one is very pretty.” Kouran said. “What do you think, Houjun?”
 
“It's pretty. Do you want it?” Houjun asked.
 
Hikou look at the duo and felt hurt inside. Kyouka stare at them too then diverted her attention to the boy before her.
 
“You love Kouran.”
 
“What?” Hikou is surprise to found out someone had notices his secret feeling toward Kouran. “How did you know?”
 
“I…just knew.” Kyouka hesitantly answered.
 
Hikou stares at her for a moment. “You're strange, y'know?”
 
Kyouka let out a sad smile. “A lot of people told me so…”
 
“I don't mean to insult you…” Hikou quickly explain when he saw her sad expression.
 
“I'm fine really…” Kyouka said.
 
Kyouka look around. “I want to take a look around for a while.”
 
“I will go with you, I need to find something for my sister and mother.”
 
“How generous of you.” Kyouka tease him.
 
“URUSEI!” Hikou flushed.
 
Suddenly Kyouka noticed someone and her face turn pale. “I…I had to go!” Without waiting for an answer from Hikou, she took a run. Hikou look puzzled.
 
&&&
 
“Stay away from me!!”
 
“Kyouka! Listen! You had to get back to the present time.”
 
“No!”
 
“Geez, why you have to be so damn stubborn!”
 
“I don't care of what you think! I want to, no, I have to save Chichiri!”
 
“By what? Trying to break his bound with his fiancée?”
 
“Shut up!”
 
“Kyouka, Chichiri won't be happy if he knew this.”
 
“How did you know about it? You don't know anything so don't even try to act like ones.”
 
Seeing the hurt look on his face, Kyouka feel guilty. “Gomenasai, Tamahome.”
 
“It's all right. I know that you don't mean that.”
 
“BTW, how did you get here?”
 
“When you were in the shrine, I tried to grab you as hard as possible and then when I realize I was already on the capital. I've been searching for you for all weeks, y'know? You got me worried sick!”
 
“Gomenasai.”
 
“So the boy over there is Chichiri?”
 
“His name is Ri Houjun now.”
 
“Don't you see there is no point of staying here? He doesn't even recognize you!”
 
“Tamahome, I knew that! But still as long as I can get near him, I…”
 
“Hotohori-sama and Tasuki are worried, y'know?” Tamahome said. “What you did might affected history. It might affect the realm we live in.”
 
“That's my plan.” Kyouka said with determine look. “I'm going to back in time to save Chichiri and not only him, Nuriko, Chiriko and Mitsukake…”
 
“You're crazy! It might get you killed in the process!”
 
“I now had the power to defend myself.” Kyouka said. “You should return to the others, tell them not to worry.”
 
“Like hell I would! I'm not going back without you!”
 
“Then you can stay but don't try to mess with my plan!”
 
&&&
 
Misaki was at her own house now and is still reading the ShiJinTenChiSho.
 
“Stubborn girl!” Misaki yelled angrily. She was stunned when disturbing sentences appeared before her on the book.
 
“Unknown the Suzaku No Miko and the remaining of Suzaku Seven, a new evil is rising and threaten to overwhelm the whole world. The darkest of hour shall come to pass…”
 
&&&
 
“Kyouka-san, where've you been?” Houjun asked in worry then he noticed a man with her. “Who is he?”
 
“Meet my long-lost companion…” Kyouka said as Tamahome rolled his eyes.
 
“Oh. Nice to met you. I'm Houjun. This one is Kouran and Hikou.” Houjun said politely.
 
“I'm Tamahome.” Tamahome said.
 
Kouran gasped. “One of the Suzaku Seven?”
 
“Hai.” Tamahome said.
 
For a few minutes, everyone `wow-wow' Tamahome as if he is a famous actor.
 
“Now shall we head back?” Hikou asked. “It's getting late.”
 
“Are you coming with us, Kyouka-san?” Houjun asked almost afraid that she's going to refuse.
 
“If you don't mind I'm staying with you.” Kyouka answered.
 
“Of course I am not! It's an honor to be with you guys!” Houjun exclaimed happily.
 
&&&
 
That night, Kyouka had a nightmare of Chichiri. He is dying before her repeatedly. She desperately tries to help Chichiri but always a bit too late…
 
 
DREAM
 
Kyouka watched as she saw herself and Chichiri.
 
“Kyouka-san, watch out!” Chichiri push her out of the way.
 
Blood. A lot of blood. Blood are everywhere.
 
“Nooooo!!” Kyouka tries to reach for him. “Chichiri-san! Don't leave me!”
 
And everything dissolves into nothingness. Then she would see Chichiri and herself sat on the reef near the pond of the palace. They are watching the sunset together but suddenly the sky's color turn very red like blood.
 
The scene would change once again. This time Kyouka saw Chichiri and herself stood face to face with each other. Kyouka saw herself when she was about to admit her feeling to Chichiri who get really silent after that before took his mask off and said that he can't return her feeling right now.
 
Then she saw Nakago but he is quite young than she could remember. The young Nakago smirked at her. “Suzaku No Miko, you're going to be mine…”
 
Then she saw before her, the scattered body of all Suzaku Seven. Kyouka screamed in horror. Laughter follows her scream.
 
END DREAM
 
 
Kyouka jerked awake. (It just a nightmare, after all.)
 
Kyouka heard voices from outside the house. She went to see it. She saw Tamahome teach a group of kids some martial arts. Kyouka smile. It appeared that Tamahome was very good with kids.
 
“Yo, Kyouka!” Tamahome greeted her with a smile.
 
“Did you ask for money from the poor kids in exchange for their training?” Kyouka tease him.
 
Tamahome give her an odd look. “DO YOU THINK I'M THAT EVIL?!”
 
Kyouka laughed.
 
Houjun who just return from the wood saw how Kyouka laughed freely. She never does that before. Somehow he felt a pang of a pain again.
 
&&&
 
One day, Houjun burst in to his house. A small grin plastered his handsome face.
 
"I did it!" His cheeks were bright red and he was gasping for breath.

"Did what?" Tamahome asked in confuse.

"Asked Kouran to marry me!" Houjun said happily.

There was a silence then congratulations came rapidly pouring out from Tamahome and Lady Ri.
 
Kyouka froze in shock.
 
 
 
If I could put you, on top of a cake I would ice you ...
and keep you, wrapped up in a box to be near you ...
if I could ... I would ...

If I could touch you, again with my fingers so gently ...
if I could feel you, breathing in time next to me ...

but the silence surrounds me, flashing memories of you,
riding with the moon that night.

I never had the chance to say goodbye ... goodbye ...
Lost, forever, lost to another world ...

Gone, forever, but remembered in our thoughts ...
You are ...

If I could open, the heavens above I'd be with you ...
if I could hold you, again in my arms I would tell you ...
that ... I love you ...
 
 
 
 
After getting greeting from everyone, Houjun turn to Kyouka. “Aren't you happy for me, Kyouka-san? I did just what you told me to do.”
 
At this remark, Tamahome's eyes got bulged. He can't believe that Kyouka actually support Houjun and Kouran. He suddenly realize of how hurt it would be for Kyouka now.
 
Kyouka force a smile. Her lips tremble. Tears threaten to fell from her eyes. (Damn it! Stupid tears! Don't come out now!) “Hai. I'm happy for you, Houjun…” She stood and hugs him.
 
Houjun return the hug cheerfully. “You will be here for our wedding day, will you not?”
 
This is too much for Kyouka. “We will see about that. Oops, I just remember that I have to go somewhere.” She ran out of the house. Alarmed, Tamahome went after his miko.
 
Kyouka ran toward the forest. She is really upset. She run and run but triple over something and fell with aloud thud.
 
Tamahome quickly help her. Kyouka look at him for a moment and buried her face onto his chest.
 
“I'm so stupid of coming here. He would never love me. No one would love me.” Kyouka said throughout her tears.
 
“That's not true. I care about you, so does Hotohori-sama, Tasuki-kun, even Misaki-san.” Tamahome said. “And Chichiri also loves you…”
 
“No. No, he isn't. If he is, why did he died and left me behind?” Kyouka yells. “Oh, Suzaku, please help me! Just take my life away! I don't want it anymore!”
 
Tamahome hug her tight. “Don't say that! Don't you ever dare to say that! I'm not going to allow you to welcome death!”
 
Kyouka was taken a back by his sudden outburst.
 
“Damn it, Kyouka-san! Can't you see that I'm in love with you?”
 
Kyouka froze. `W…What?”
 
“There I say it.” Tamahome let her go. “I know that you don't feel the same. I know that the only man you love is Chichiri. But now he isn't here for you. Please let me protect you and love you to fill the emptiness inside of your heart.”
 
“Tamahome, I…”
 
Without thinking, Tamahome kisses his miko passionately.
 
Kyouka pushed him away. “YAMETE! Gomen ne, Tamahome! I put you a lot in misery. But I can't return your feeling! Gomenasai!” Then she stood up and continues running. Lately that is what she do, running.
 
Suddenly lighting strikes Kyouka in full speed. Kyouka screams in pain. Tamahome hear this and quickly run toward the source.
 
“Soi!” Kyouka yelled in surprise as she saw the younger version of Soi.
 
“Die, Suzaku No Miko!” Soi yelled.
 
Tamahome's forehead started to glow. He let out a red energy ball and throws it to Soi in full speed. Soi were thrown back. She quickly shimmered away right when she had the chance.
 
Kyouka and Tamahome exchanged a look.
 
“Is that…Seiryuu Seven?” Kyouka asked stupidly.
 
“I think they somehow found out that you're Suzaku No Miko.”
 
“Tamahome…does that mean Seiryuu is not in seal?”
 
“It seems so. We were in the past after all.”
 
“Tamahome…”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Bring me out of this village. Now! We can't stay in this place any longer! I don't want to endanger everyone, especially Houjun…”
 
“I understand.” Tamahome said. “I would gather the things we need.”