Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Looking Back ❯ the truth comes out... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
'Oww... My back…' Hakkai wakes up, well he thinks he is...
"Aaahh!!!"
'Kai!' He was out of the cell, he saw all his comrades and his lover…
"Help me!" Hakkai became alert, and ran towards the voice…
"Kai! I'm here! Don't worry!"
"Don't kill me... please!" Kai was on her knees crying hard…
"Who are you!?" Hakkai went in between the other figure and Kai… arms out determined to protect the young woman…
"Uncle! Don't hurt me anymore!" Suddenly, the figure came closer…
"Who are you!?" Hakkai said once more, ready for an attack… until he noticed the person and gasped, "No…" It was him… covered in blood… but not his blood… the blood had an aura of Goku, Sanzo, and Gojyo… his friends… his comrades… he had such a serious face, eyes full of anger and determination of death… as if his past self has returned… wanting to kill… "No, it can't be…"
"Uncle please stop! Don't hurt me!" Kai was begging on the foot of the dreamed figure of Hakkai… then, suddenly the dreamed Hakkai began to do an attack…
"No…" Hakkai wanted to stop, but then suddenly he noticed that he was the one doing the attack, literally… as if the dreamed Hakkai and him switched places… he tried to stop the attack, but his body wouldn't let him… he can see Kai with tears in her eyes and scared deeply… his attack was beginning to be complete… and aimed right at Kai… "Stop this at once!!!"


ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo

< br> "Aaahh!!!"
"Kai!" Hakkai got up, sweating and panting hard… he looked around, he noticed he was right next to the cell he was looking for… and he found five bodies in it… just like his dream… Goku in chains, Sanzo tied up on a table, Gojyo chained up with his own weapon, and… 'Kanan? How can that be?'… "Guys wake up! Please!" he noticed that the cell was open, so he quickly got up and went in… he noticed that everybody was alive since they were still breathing… (not really sure about Kanan though)… he did his best to set everybody free… he got Gojyo untangled from Gojyo's weapon, untied Sanzo… and used Sanzo's gun to unchain Goku… they were all bleeding excessively… and their clothes torn… As he was helping them, he didn't notice their blood was being soaked onto his clothes…
"Hakkai…" Gojyo managed to talk…
"Shh… you all have to rest…" Hakkai saw 'Kanan's' body… he went towards it… he was confused, but when he turned over the body… he was shocked, "Kai?"… suddenly his surroundings began to change… and Kai wasn't in his arms anymore… he looked around… the site gave him goose bumps… it was so dark and gloomy… he can feel an evil presence… "Who are you!? Show your self! Why are you doing this to me!?" he felt as if he was going to cry…
"Hehe… aww… uncle…" Hakkai turned as the evil laugh continues… He noticed the voice and… presence…
"Kai?"
"Why are you soaked in your friends' blood? What did you do?"
"What? I didn't…"
"Didn't what? Oh, how rude I am…Welcome Uncle… to our new home…" Kai looks up to Hakkai…there was evil in her eyes…
"Our new home?"
"What? Don't you like it?" a wide smile began to form on her face… She comes towards the frightened youkai, she gently caresses Hakkai's face… Hakkai was scared, and he backed away, "Aww… Uncle… what's wrong?"
"Why are you doing this?" Hakkai begins to tremble with fright…
"Doing what?" still having an evil smile on her face…
"I thought you said I can trust you?" Backing away even further…
"Yes, you can… trust in me to always tell you the truth…" as Hakkai backs up, she walks towards him…
"See, you're lying to me right now!"
"No… did I say anything that was a lie? No, I just forgot to mention a few things…" she shrugs as if it was a joke… but Hakkai wasn't amused…
"Why are you doing this!? Why make me suffer!? Tell me Kai… Why!?" At first was shocked, but then she smiled…
"Wow… calm down…"
"How can I calm down!?"
"Gosh, uncle… I never knew you can be so slow…" she shakes her head with disappointment…
"What do you mean?" Hakkai was really confused…
"Remember what I said before… what my goal was?" Kai smiled a little… Hakkai began to recall his thoughts…

…………
".....They were killed... before I was even born..."
"Oh my.... I'm so sorry..."
"It's ok..."
"I have a question though, how did you manage to survive without your mother giving birth?"
"They were involved in a huge crime somehow... so scientists came to investigate after the crime took place... They found my mother and noticed she was pregnant with a young fetus about half dead... so they cut her open... taken me out... and used me as an experiment…"
…………
"...I hope you'll be ok... Where are you heading? What are you going to do?"
"Revenge on the murderer who killed my whole family and even more..."
"...You know who?"
"Well, I was very sneaky and really curious about my family, they told me I was abandoned... but it didn't sound right... so I sneaked into the profile room and tried to find my record..... when I did, I found out a lot... and that my family was killed by one of my family members.... I couldn't believe it was one of us..." Starts to cry...
"Kai-chan… please... don't cry..." pats her back.
"... It was… my uncle..." Starts to stare at Hakkai's eyes... as if she knew him... deeply...
…………

"So, my dear uncle… do remember now?" She noticed that Hakkai was beginning to tremble…
"But…"
"My uncle… Cho Gonou… he was the one responsible for my family's death…"
"No…"
"You killed my family… you killed my father… you killed my mother…" When she said 'mother' it hurt Hakkai deep within…
"No…"
"You killed my mother! Kanan! Your own sister!"
"No!!!" tears begin to form…
"You are the one responsible… for my family's death… you almost killed me… you ruined my life!"
"Stop it!" Hakkai covers his ears… he was on his knees crying… Kai lifted his face up…
"But now, I'm going to have my revenge… by making you suffer…" She snapped her fingers… Hakkai saw Gojyo, Goku, and Sanzo… they were tied up on crosses… covered in blood and vines…
"Kai! No!… Why can't you just make me suffer and let them go!?"
"Hehe… yea… I guess you're right… but it's so much fun as this… hehe…" She began to move her hands and say some spells… Goku was brought down from the cross with a loud drop onto the floor right after. Then, Kai began to move her finger back and forth, and Goku started to be flying all over the room following the movements of Kai's finger… He screamed in pain every time he hit the walls…
"Please stop!" Kai smiled evilly, and gave Goku a last 'Pow' onto the floor…
"Well, fine… I'll stop torturing the monkey for now…" Started to giggle like a little girl having fun, as Hakkai came running towards Goku, and started to heal some of Goku's wounds… "But… I didn't say anything about torturing you…"
"Huh? Whoa!" Hakkai was startled when Goku abruptly got up and hit Hakkai on his arm hard… All Hakkai can do was block all the attacks that Goku put on him… "Goku! Snap out of it!"
"Aww… Uncle… you are so boring… Why don't you start attacking the little monkey before you get killed?"
"Never!" yelled out Hakkai as he is still trying to defend himself…
"Hmph… Fine, I'll just have to make everything a little more interesting…" She snapped her fingers once again and the band on Goku's head suddenly disappeared… and Goku started his formation… "Now… you won't be able to do anything, but to fight…" Goku's true formation was complete… first thing he saw he attacked and it was Hakkai…
"Argh!" He tries his best to avoid the young man's nails…
"Hahaha!!!" Kai couldn't stop laughing, Goku heard her… he turned and attack the girl… Kai noticed this… she didn't have time to get away… so all she did was froze… as Goku got close… "Aaahh!" she waited for the attack, but nothing happened… She looked up and Hakkai was the one who took the pain that she was suppose to receive… but Goku was too strong that he made Hakkai fly to the other end… but he was still determined to finish off Hakkai… "Uncle…" her eyes began to be soft 'but he's the one who killed your family… don't stop and let him go for what he has done' she shakes her head "Don't think I'm going to stop any of this my dear Uncle… because you're still not forgiven…"
"Huh?" Kai disappeared after a snap of her fingers… Hakkai still could feel her presence, but he was still occupied with Goku…
"Hehe… having fun Uncle?" Kai's voice can still be heard, but not seen… Goku stopped… he ran… towards the voice and smell… "What the? Aaahh!!!" Kai screamed as Goku used his nails to scratch something out of thin air… it looked like nothing… but then suddenly Kai's body began to form… with blood all over her… and scratch marks at her stomach… "Damn it!" Before Goku could make another attack, she said another spell and the band appeared on Goku's forehead once more… Goku fainted… "Hehe… Uncle… I underestimate you and your friend… I didn't know he can do that…"
"Please Kai… stop this…"
"Aww… come on Uncle… what? Are you tired? But you had so much strength and energy to kill a whole clan of youkais… Are you telling me you are already tired by just one battle with a boy?" This hurt Hakkai… he can't take it… "Well, now for runner up number two!" a snap of her finger Sanzo was brought down… like Goku, hard onto the floor…it seemed that the priest became conscious again for he tried his best to get up, but was so weak he collapsed… and coughed out blood… Hakkai went to Sanzo and helped him up… but with out noticing anything, a gunshot could be heard… "Hey! What are you trying to do you freak!?" Kai nearly got shot…
"Trying to kill *cough* you… you little brat… What else *cough* does it look like!?" Hakkai was surprised…
"Here let me he…" As Hakkai lend his hand, it was slapped away by Sanzo's fan… then out of no where a punch has followed… "Sanzo?"
"And you! You were so stupid in letting her in!" Sanzo had anger in his eyes…
"But Sanzo…"
"You should of let me killed her when I had the chance! It's all your fault that all this happened!"
"Sanzo…" Hakkai was scared… Kai was silent…
"Why do you have to be Mr. Goody-goody? If only the gods hadn't wanted you to be alive, you'd be dead by now! I'd have killed you long ago!"
"Stop this…" Hakkai complained but he only whispered it that he can be the only one to hear…
"You know… I've been wanting to say something to you for a long time… You're useless! Pathetic! You're weak! You can't even save your own sister!"
"Please…" Hakkai begins to cry silently…
"Everything is your fault! Including Kanan's death!"
"Stop it!!!!!" Hakkai didn't notice, but he had punched Sanzo to the other side of the room… "*gasp* What… have I done?"
"Yea… now it's getting more interesting… do it again uncle!"
"Hak… kai?" Sanzo gets up while rubbing his face…
"No… I'm sorry!"
"Sorry? For what?" Sanzo was confused was as he begins to become fully conscious…
"Shut up you stupid priest…" Kai snaps her fingers… and Sanzo collapsed and became unconscious once more… "You know… he was the hardest of the three… he knew I was up to no good… oh well…"
"So you are the one who made him say all those things!" Pointing straight at Kai…
"So… what if I did?" she said with a disgusted face…
"Kai… please… I want you to stop this…"
"Why!? You are the cause of my poor life! I hate you!" As she screams tears start to fall from her eyes…
"But Kai-chan… I'm not whom I used to be… I changed…"
"I don't care! That doesn't make up for what you did!"
"I know what I did was wrong… Remember what I said about revenge? Take it from me… revenge isn't worth anything… You know what I got… nothing… I just got bad memories… they hurt me when I think about them… I suffer more than what you think…" cries even more…

"Uncle…" Kai's eyes begins to soften… then, suddenly electricity came about her…"Aaahh!"
"Kai?" 'How can it be Kai… if she too is being tortured?' "Who are you!?"
"Help me! AH!"
"Stop this!" Hakkai went towards Kai, but there was some sort of shield…
"Don't kill me please!"
"No… everything is just like my dream…"
"Uncle! Don't hurt me anymore!"
"Uncle? No… but I'm here…"
"Ha… ha… ha…" Kai's torture was over, she was panting really hard on the floor… as she got up… and looked at Hakkai… there was emptiness in her eyes… then she looked down "Hehe…" an evil laugh occurred from her… she looked up again… the once emptiness was filled with sudden evil and the surrounded her was evil aura… "Uncle… I not finish with you… I still have two more prizes for you…" She looked at the cross that was left over… Gojyo fell hard…
"Kai?" he felt a familiar presence around her…
"O.K… what shall we do with this one? Uncle… any suggestions???"
"Don't do this…" Hakkai begged with pleading eyes…
"Hmph… you're no fun… O.K. let me see… oh… I got the perfect idea…" snap of her fingers… Gojyo collapsed and started to yell in pain… suddenly a picture appeared over Gojyo's aching body… of his heart… in vines… Kai smiled… "Remember this?"
"Can't be…"
"Why not? Chin-I-Sow was also my uncle… why can't I? Well, this time you don't have your friends to help… that stupid priest of yours won't be able to shoot the damn kappa… hehe… and the stupid monkey won't be in the way… Ah!" Without Kai noticing… Gojyo's weapon came flying towards her…
"No one but us can call him 'stupid monkey' … and… no one… but… them can call me 'kappa'…" Gojyo tried to keep the pain within, but it soon had taken over…
"Gojyo!"
"Remember… he doesn't have a lot of time…" Kai didn't notice that Hakkai ran up to her… and punched her… She began to rub her face…
"Get out of Kai's mind and body! You know what I'm talking about Chin-I-Sow!" Hakkai noticed that Kai collapsed…
"Uncle?" Kai began to regain consciousness again…
"Kai…" Hakkai was about to go to Kai and hug her… but something else grabbed a hold of him and started to lick his neck… he began to feel sick…
"Miss me?" It was indeed Chin-I-Sow… Hakkai gave him a punch… so he backed away… "Aww… why not?"
"Stop what you're doing to Kai and Gojyo!"
"Kai… hehe… she's the one who brought me back… she was the one who agreed of revenge when I told her about you…"
"Kai?"
"He tricked me!"
"No… I didn't… I told you we'd make him suffer…"
"Kai… it's O.K… Well stop what you're doing to Gojyo!"
"Ha! Why should I? You know I love watching you suffer…" Then he noticed some crackling sounds… it was Kai… doing some magic… on Gojyo… the picture above Gojyo showed that the vines around Gojyo's heart were burning away… "Why you fool! How dare you!" Chin-I-Sow made some magic form around Kai and made her fly into a wall…
"Kai!" Hakkai went towards Kai…
"I'm sorry Uncle…"
"Shh… Kai… don't waste your strength…"
"Damn, some niece she is…Why can't she be more like her father or anybody in my family? She is so fucking soft-hearted… reminds you of her mother, huh Hakkai?" Tension started to overcome Hakkai… he got up…
"Kai…"
"Uncle?" She saw Hakkai's fist getting tighter… and tears are falling on the floor…
"How… do we stop him? How do we get rid of this curse?"
"Uh…" Kai began to tremble…
"Ha! Glad you asked that question!"
"What do you mean?" Hakkai turned to Chin-I-Sow with anger in his eyes… but tears can still be seen…
"Well… the only way I go away… is if the one who brought me back kills herself…" Gives a little wink at Kai…
"No… there must be another way… Kai? Is there?" He saw Kai trembling…
"Like mother like daughter am I right! Hahaha!!! Oh yea… that reminds me… my last present to you so you can cherish for the rest of your life…" A snap of his fingers… Hakkai's surroundings changed… back to the cell of where Kanan use to be… He saw her stab herself over and over again… as if it was like a movie scene being replayed over and over again…
"Stop it!" Indeed Hakkai couldn't take it, but it wasn't him who had to burst out…
"Kai?" Both of her uncles were confused and shocked…
"That's my mother… I can't take it…" She did some magic… they were back to the previous place… then she formed a ball of magic… which transformed into a dagger… She held it pointing towards her…
"Kai no!!!" Both Hakkai and Chin-I-Sow yelled out… but both had different reasons to… Chin-I-Sow not wanting to lose his life once more… and Hakkai not wanting to lose another loved one… but they were too late… Kai stabbed herself… it gave Hakkai another flashback… but he snapped out of it… Ran to Kai to help her… Chin-I-Sow yelled in pain as he vanished… Hakkai held Kai close to him… she was coughing out blood… her stab went through her body all the way… there was no stopping her time of death to come… "Kai… why?" Hakkai couldn't help but cry and hug her close…
"I'm sorry uncle… for making you suffer so much… but I wanted it to end… my sufferings too…" She tried her best to hold the pain…
"But Kai…"
"Shh… Dear uncle… Being with you was the best I had in my life… due to that I didn't have very much of a life… but you showed me the right way… don't cry uncle… I don't want to see you suffer any more… because it makes me suffer to see you like this…"
"Kai…"
"Dear uncle… Hey, look at this way… I'll be going somewhere… to a better place… and I'll be able to meet mother…" Kai smiled… Hakkai did too…
"Kai… Chin-I-Sow was right… you are so much like Kanan…"
"Really? I'm glad… now I know that my mother really loved you… she probably still does just watching over you…"

"Kai… yes… I loved your mother very much… as I do you…"
"Thank you uncle… for putting up with all the trouble I've caused…" Before she can say anything more… she… died…
"Kai? Kai!!!"