GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Confused??? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I walked up to the door. The air was cold as it gently brushed against my face. I paused for a minute and looked around. It was almost dark and the sun was setting beautifully over the city buildings. The soft red glow that engulfed the structures was magnificent. I smiled slightly and turned my attention back to my objective. My hands were shaking, I moved it closer to the doorbell but when I was about to touch it, the door opened. He held the door open for me as I gave him a very confused look. I didn't know him I didn't know anyone here. “Why?” I asked myself as I entered the door still holding a steady look on him. On instinct I removed my coat. I was surprised that everyone in the room smiled and talked to me. As if they knew me before. As if we were all close friends. “Why am I here?” The question kept running through my mind. We talked or should I say they talked. Everything they said, every word, every syllable, seemed t trigger something inside of me. Tears started to flow down my cheeks. Slowly blurring my vision. I got to my feet. And gathering the remaining amount of energy I had I ran for the door. Tears still flowing ignoring the cries of the people in the room I ran. I ran as fast and as far as I could. I came to an old playground. I felt calm for the first time. As I sat on the swing I became aware of the person standing behind me. Slightly panting he sat down next to me. Silence. I looked up at the sky, the clear night sky. There were n stars out yet at that time. My mind began to wander. My situation was unique. No one else has encountered this problem in his or her lives and hopefully no one will ever go through what I have gone through.