GetBackers Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ I want... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey there again…
I have two comments... Yey!!! Not bad for a first timer huh?
It has been a long time since I wrote sorry for that we had our exams. It was brain dissolving and what better way to build my brain by making this fic… o on with the story…
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Natsumi sat in the back her head bowed and her eyes focused on the ground. She was determined to be strong. Her hand slowly balled into fists that creased her skirt.
Natsumi-chan, are you all right?” Ginji asked from the front passenger seat. Natsumi looked up her lips were curled and she nodded. The small car stopped just when Ginji was going to say something.
Come on.” Ban said stepping out of the car. Natsumi quickly rubbed her slightly swollen eyes. She opened the car door and faced her friends.
Arigato!” She bent down low to show her respect and deepest gratitude. Ban held her head. Natsumi stood up straight and it was still there. It wasn't hard for this young man to rest his hand on her head. He was towering over her.
Don't worry about it.” He said with a smile.
Hai! Natsumi-chan you are our friend.” Ginji continued and he waved goodbye.
See you tomorrow.” Ban added and he to got back in the car and they drove away.
Friends… Natsumi wondered were they ever going to be back to normal.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
In the car the two were silent for quite some time. The lights reflected on their faces. It was clear to see that both of them were in deep thought. Ban was the first one to break the silence. He looked at Ginji.
You know, Ginji, I could use-
No!” Ginji interrupted him. Just a while ago he was staring out the window of the car in complete stillness. And now as Ban was about to suggest something that could help Natsumi's condition he erupts.
I'm sorry Ban. I know what you are going to say. And well I don't think she would want that.” Ginji had some nervousness in his voice “I mean us tampering with her memory and all. It isn't right.”
That's a nice thing to say Ginji.” Ban smirked at the idea brewing in his head. “But I don't think that's what you really want.
What?” Ginji shocked at Ban's words. He could say nothing more but gape
I think you have different feelings for Natsumi.
Ban… What has gotten into you? You don't usually talk about feeeeeelings.” Ginji ws desperately finding a way out of the conversation but he knew it was hopeless.
Tell me Ginji. What do you think of Natsumi?” Ban's smile was reaching his ears his eyes had this evil glow. “Do you LOOVEEE her?
I… uhh…” He couldn't find an answer. He didn't want to tell Ban what he thought about Natsumi. What he dreamed and wished for. He opened the car door.
At this point Ban let go of the steering wheel and grabbed Ginji by the neck.
What the hell are you doing?” He said furiously shaking Ginji in an attempt to bring him back to his sense. And it worked. Ginji looked at the driver's seat.
Uh? Ban who's driving the car?” Ginji asked pointing at the empty seat.
The car swerved. A nearby tree scratched it. The sound was awful. It was out of control until Ban grabbed the steering wheel again. He drove the car to an empty lot and got out to see the damage.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! A scratch on my car!” He said over and over again rubbing the part where there was no more paint but a long and ugly mark of tragedy.
I'm sorry Ban” Ginji said “I always cause problems for the people around me ever since I was a child.” Ginji started walking away from the wreck “I'll go away now. I'm sorry… for everything.
Baka! This is just a car and you should know I can always fix it.” Ban said through gritted teeth. This was partly his fault. “No matter how much trouble you cause those who will be with you are true friends. You should never walk away from your problems! Don't let anyone down most especially those you care about. A promise is a promise Ginji!!!” He had said a lot of things and was almost out of breath.
Thanks Ban. You are always there for me.” Ban rested his weight on the car. He tok out a cigarette and lighted it.
So tell me. Why don't you want me to use the evil eye on Natsumi?”
I don't want Natsumi to remember because we forced her too.” Ginji continued in his normal tone “I want her to remember because she wants to.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------