Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Fan Fiction ❯ My Magical Gate Experience Was Ruined, As I Expected ❯ YGS: 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 8

December 2016

So good news. My service record and success with the Outbreak Company, and keeping it quiet afterwards, meant I qualify for Ranger school. In another life I’d done it before and it suited me to the ground. I was a good Ranger, and my body was as fit as it would ever be. The JSDF has a joint agreement with the USA allowing me and my fellow candidates to go there. I finally got my chance to meet that Itami guy that so irritated Hachiman, who was joining us as well. We arrived in Georgia and started our training, which was like AIT only tougher, and lots more drills and wilderness survival skills. Knowing what we know, and still can’t talk about, this had a lot more potential value than most realized. Itami was a reservist, and he’d been sent here as a punishment for being too lazy. He had a wife, we eventually learned, and he frequently obsessed over his otaku tendencies.

I heard later that the commander sent him to Green Beret school for being too lazy during Ranger School, despite passing anyway. He didn’t wash out. He said the extra pay would help his wife while she worked on her current manga.