Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Level 1, Match 08 ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 12

Level 1, Match 08

Written By
Mark Moore


The United States' match against Jordan is later today. Emma Sheen and Relena Peacecraft have just arrived in Jordan and been given a ride to the location of the match, a desert location that was 100 miles to the east of Amman.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 9:52 AM, Jordanian Daylight Time

Emma and Relena got out of the car and walked over to Murrue.

Emma saluted Murrue. "Sir."

"At ease."

Emma relaxed. "How's the Gundam coming along?"

"Good. All of the problems have been worked out. It's ready as it'll ever be. How about you?"

"I'm...nervous."

Lunamaria was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area. Standing at consoles on the ground were Nina and Lucette.

"It's time for you to try it out."

Emma was surprised. "Really?"

Murrue smiled. "Really. You should get a feel for the controls. There should be no difference between the real Gundam and the simulator, but I want you to be sure."

Emma smiled. "Thank you."

"Lunamaria, come down from there! Emma's taking over!"

Lunamaria unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the cockpit, immediately entering the elevator that had been set up in front of the Gundam.

Lunamaria rode down to the ground and walked out of the elevator.

"You ready?" Lunamaria asked Emma.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I suppose."

Emma walked into the elevator and rode up to the chest level.

Emma got into the cockpit and fastened her seatbelt.

"Ready!" Emma called.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Nina's request, Emma pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Nina smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Emma pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Nina nodded. "Good! How does it feel?"

"No different."

Murrue smiled. "Move the elevator. Let her walk around."

Some engineers used heavy machinery to pull the elevator and its shaft away from the Gundam.

"Go on, Emma!" Murrue yelled. "Take it for a walk!"

Emma opened the Gundam's hand and lowered its arm. She pressed another button to close the cockpit. Then she pressed the Forward button, and the Gundam started walking.

"May I activate the thrusters and fly her?" Emma asked.

Nina frowned. "No. Not until the match. Now bring it back. I need to do a final systems check."

"All right."

Emma brought the Gundam back to its original location.

"Power down, Emma."

At Nina's request, Emma shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Emma opened the cockpit and got out of it and into the elevator.

Emma rode the elevator down to the ground.

Emma walked out of the elevator.

Murrue smiled. "Not bad. We still have some time until the match. Relax."


Emma and Relena each got a can of regular cola out of a cooler and sat at a table that was set up a short distance from the designated match area. Relena sat to Emma's left.

Emma opened her can and took a swig of cola. "Why did I ever agree to fight this guy here?"

"He wouldn't budge. You had no choice but to agree."

"I ought to kick him a few extra times just for that - assuming I even land a hit."

"Oh, stop it. You'll beat him."

Emma noticed a car approaching from the distance.

After it stopped, the passenger side door opened, and a man with short, curly, black hair got out.

He closed the door and walked over to a console that was set up a short distance from the designated match area.

"That must be Bright Noa, the announcer."

Relena looked. "Really?"

Murrue walked over to them. "We just received word that the Jordanian team is on its way. Let's get you prepped."


Emma walked into the elevator and pressed a button.

She rode up to the chest level of the Gundam.

Emma got into the cockpit and fastened her seatbelt.

"Power on!" Nina called.

Emma pressed the Power button, turning the Gundam on. The Gundam's eyes glowed blue.

"Can you hear me?" Nina asked.

Emma now heard Nina's voice through the cockpit's speaker.

"Yes."

"Okay. Close the cockpit."

Emma pressed a button. The cockpit closed.

Emma looked at her screens. The cover was being removed, and she got her first look at Jordan's Gundam. It was sand-colored. There was a beam saber in its left hand.

The Jordanian Gundam's cockpit door opened. The Jordanian pilot got into the elevator, rode up to the chest level, and got into the cockpit. He then closed his cockpit.

A message appeared on one of Emma's screens: "JORDAN REQUESTING VISUAL".

"The Jordanian pilot is requesting visual contact."

"Allowed."

At Murrue's permission, Emma pressed a button.

The Jordanian pilot's image appeared on one of Emma's screens. He was Arabic; appeared to be in his 20s; had short, black hair; and was clean-shaven.

The Jordanian pilot smiled. "Greetings. I am Marouf Badran."

Emma smiled. "I'm Emma Sheen. It's nice to finally meet you in person."

"Likewise."

"I'm curious. Why did you insist on fighting here?"

"It is my home. I receive my fighting spirit from the desert."

"Oh."

"Why do you ask?"

"It's just that I'm not used to this heat. I'm glad that my Gundam is air-conditioned."

"Mine is not."

"I figured. I can't wait to get back to Tampa and feel the breath of Autumn."

Marouf grinned. "Perhaps I can speed your return."

Emma grinned. "Bring it on."

"May we keep the audio channel between our cockpits open during the match?"

"Sure."

"Thank you. Good luck."

"Good luck to you, too."

Marouf's image disappeared from Emma's screen and was replaced by an exterior view.

"Emma, the introductions are about to be made. Receive the audio."

At Murrue's order, Emma pressed a button.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to Level 1, Match 08, of the First Gundam Tournament. We're here live in the desert in Jordan. Allow me to introduce myself to those of you watching at home. My name is Bright Noa. I am the commentator for this tournament. Today's match is Jordan versus the United States. The Jordanian pilot is Marouf Badran. The United States' pilot is Emma Sheen. Jordan's Gundam - the sandy one - is 17.5 meters tall, 1 meter of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam saber. The United States' Gundam - the white and dark blue one - is 19.6 meters tall, 1.1 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. The match is about to begin."

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Marouf moved his Gundam forward and punched Emma's Gundam with its right fist. Emma's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Emma made her Gundam jump into the air, then she fired at Marouf's Gundam with the beam rifle in its right hand. The shots hit Marouf's Gundam repeatedly.

Marouf swung at Emma's Gundam repeatedly with the beam saber in his Gundam's left hand. The saber hit Emma's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Emma's Gundam declared.

"Take that!" Marouf yelled.

"Take this!" Emma yelled.

Emma fired her Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly, hitting Marouf's Gundam over and over again.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Marouf's Gundam declared.

"You won't do that again!" Marouf exclaimed.

Marouf kicked Emma's Gundam ten times with his Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Emma's Gundam declared.

Emma kicked Marouf's Gundam repeatedly with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Marouf's Gundam declared.

Marouf swung his Gundam's beam saber. Emma activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew her Gundam into the sky, dodging the saber.

"Those beam sabers aren't very effective as long-range weapons!" Emma told Marouf.

"I don't need long-range weapons!" Marouf yelled.

"Not enough power!" the simulated male voice of Emma's Gundam declared.

Emma's Gundam landed back on the sand. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

Marouf made his Gundam run towards Emma's Gundam.

Emma fired her Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly at Marouf's Gundam, hitting it repeatedly.

"Checkmate!" the simulated male voice of Marouf's Gundam declared.

Marouf's Gundam fell backwards.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

"Damn it!" Marouf exclaimed. "How could this happen?!"

"And there you have it. The United States has beaten Jordan. It certainly was a close match, and the United States' win could be considered only luck. Jordan is out of the competition, but it is allowed to assist another nation of its choice. The United States moves on to Level 2. There will be more coverage on your evening news. Thank you for joining us."

Emma sat in her cockpit, stunned.

"Emma, you did it! You won!" Nina exclaimed.

Emma smiled weakly. "I don't believe it."

"Come on out!"

At Nina's request, Emma shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Emma opened the cockpit and got out of it and into the elevator.

Emma rode the elevator down to the ground.

Emma walked out of the elevator.

The cockpit of Marouf's Gundam opened. Marouf got out of his cockpit and into his elevator.

He rode his elevator down to the ground.

Marouf walked out of his elevator and over to Emma.

Emma smiled and offered her right hand to Marouf. "Good match."

Marouf shook her hand. "Thank you. I am humbled."

Emma turned and walked over to Murrue.

Murrue smiled. "You won. You gave us weeks of repair work, but you won."

Emma smiled. "I'm glad - that I won, I mean."

"You may return to Tampa. We'll handle the Gundam transport."

"Thank you, sir."

Emma and Relena walked over to the car that they had arrived in.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


"How bad is it?" Murrue asked.

Nina was looking over some preliminary statistics. "She really banged it up. We need to get it home soon, so I can start fixing it."

Murrue frowned. "Shit."

"Don't be so hard on her. I think she did all right."

Murrue looked at Lunamaria. "Yeah, she was okay."

"I think your expectations of her were a little too high for her first match."

Murrue looked at Lucette. "Maybe."


Emma and Relena were sitting in the airplane. Emma was sitting by the window.

They were currently flying back to the United States.

"Lieutenant Sheen, the American evening news will be on shortly. Channel 11."

"Thank you!" Emma called to the pilot.

Emma pressed a button and turned the television in front of them on. She typed 1 1 on the keypad.

The evening news came on.

Peter Jenkins, the lead anchor, was sitting at his desk in New York City.

"Good evening, everyone. The eighth match of the first level of the First Gundam Tournament was held in the desert in Jordan this afternoon. The participants were Jordan and the United States. The United States won. It will move on to Level 2. Jordan, meanwhile, having been eliminated from the tournament, has announced today that it will back the United States in the tournament. Turkey, which had been eliminated in match 03 and had been backing Jordan, will back the United States as well. Kuwait, which had been eliminated in match 02 and had been backing Turkey and later Jordan, will back the United States as well. We're now at the halfway point of Level 1. We turn to our White House correspondent, Donald Samuelson. Donald, this is a tremendous boost to the United States. How is the White House reacting to this?"

"Peter, the White House is ecstatic that, in the course of one match, the United States has gained 3 new supporters in this tournament."

"Donald, do the resources of the United States, Russia, Jordan, Turkey, and Kuwait match those of any other nation?"

"It's possible, Peter, but it's still difficult to say. We have to see a lot of other nations' Gundams first to say for certain."

"All right. Donald Samuelson, many thanks. Now for the day's other news."

Emma turned off the television.

Relena smiled. "I'm so proud of you."

Emma smiled. "Thanks, sweetie. I still can't believe it. How the fuck did I win?"

"Only you can answer that, sweetie, but don't worry about that for now. You made it. That's all that matters at the moment. Relax and enjoy your victory."

"You're right. I'm sorry for all of my depressing talk recently. I was nervous."

"No problem. Would you like some music?"

"Yes, please."

Relena pressed a button to turn on the stereo.

She selected a song and pressed Play.

"Just Communication" by Two-Mix started playing.

Emma closed her eyes and relaxed.


Emma and Relena entered the simulation room in the base.

Emma got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Relena made some selections on the computer console. "Using the battle data that was sent to us from today's match, I'm going to program the drone to be a combination of our, Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, Lebanon's, France's, Iraq's, and Jordan's Gundams. If you can beat this, it won't be a guarantee of victory in your next match, but it should boost your confidence. Okay, try this."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a city street at night. Skyscrapers appeared to Emma's left. The drone appeared in front of her.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Emma moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Emma jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Emma then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Emma knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Emma's Gundam landed back on the street. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The drone came at Emma and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Emma punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it six times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Emma knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's right leg.

The drone swung at Emma's Gundam with the beam saber in its right hand. Emma activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew her Gundam into the sky.

"Not enough power!"

Emma's Gundam landed back on the street.

The drone fired at Emma's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. Emma jumped and avoided the attack.

After Emma's Gundam landed back on the street, Emma fired at the drone repeatedly with her Gundam's rifle.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Emma got out of the simulator.

Relena smiled. "Pretty good, Emma. Your reflexes are pretty good. So is your strategy."

Emma walked over to her. "Thanks, but we shouldn't get overconfident."

Relena frowned. "You're right. Who knows what the other nations have?"

Emma smiled. "Let's not worry about that. We just have to practice as much as we can."

"That's true. Do you want to try it again?"

"Sure. Practice makes perfect...or at least adequate."

Relena laughed. "You silly."


Thursday, October 18, 2007, 9:25 AM, Eastern Daylight Time

Emma knocked on Murrue's office door.

"Come in."

Emma opened the door and walked into the office. Relena followed and closed the door behind her.

Murrue was sitting behind her desk. Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria were sitting in chairs.

Emma saluted Murrue. "Lieutenant Emma Sheen reporting as ordered, sir."

"At ease, Lieutenant."

Emma relaxed.

Murrue smiled. "We recently got back. I thought it would be nice to have a little celebration."

Emma smiled. "Really?"

Murrue stood up. Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria stood up as well.

Murrue opened her small refrigerator and passed out five cans of regular cola. She also took a can for herself.

The women opened their respective cans.

Murrue raised her can. The other five women raised their own cans.

Murrue smiled. "I propose a toast - to Emma Sheen, a fucking good pilot!"

"To Emma Sheen!" Nina, Lucette, Lunamaria, and Relena exclaimed.

Emma smiled. "Thanks, everyone."

All six women took a moment to sip their colas.

Murrue frowned. "Now that we've won our first match, this is for real. We're in the final 16. We have to work even harder now, because the competition is at a whole new level. Our competitors, whoever they will be, will be the best half of the starting group."

Each woman silently thought about that for a moment.

"Emma, I want you in the simulator as much as possible. Get in all of the training that you can between now and our next match."

"Yes, sir."

"Nina and Lucette, get the Gundam repaired. Keep everyone that you need as long as you need them."

"Yes, sir."

"Lunamaria, until the major repairs are done, assist Emma in her sim training."

"Yes, sir."

"Relena, keep cheering Emma on. She needs your support."

"Yes, sir."

The women finished their colas in silence.

They dropped theirs cans in the trash basket.

"Dismissed. Get to work, everyone."

Emma opened the door and walked out of the office. Relena, Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria followed her. Lunamaria closed the door behind her.

Lunamaria smiled at Emma. "Come on, champ. Let's hit the simulator."

Emma smiled wickedly. "I'd love to hit the simulator."

Lunamaria and Emma laughed.


Nina turned off the computer in her console.

"Okay, everyone, that's all for tonight! Thank you! Now, go home and get some rest!"

Nina waited impatiently for all of the other engineers to put away their tools and leave the hangar. She was exhausted. More than that, she was horny, and she couldn't ignore the feeling between her legs any longer.

Lucette smiled. "Let's go home."

"I can't wait until we get home, sweetie. I'm horny, and I need you now."

"Now? Where are we going to find the privacy?"

"What about in the cockpit?"

"The cockpit? Are you insane?"

"Come on. It'll be fun."

"What if we get caught?"

"We won't. Trust me."

"Oh, very well."

Nina and Lucette walked over to the chest area.

Nina opened the cockpit.

Lucette climbed into the cockpit.

Nina climbed into the cockpit and lied on top of Lucette, facing her.

Nina closed the cockpit.

When their privacy was assured, Nina kissed Lucette on the lips.

Nina parted her own lips and shoved her tongue into Lucette's mouth.

After a while, Nina finished the kiss.

"I've been wanting to do that all day."

Nina licked Lucette's face repeatedly.

"Mmm, that feels good, sweetie."

Nina smiled. "I'm glad that you like it. Would you like me to lick lower?"

"Ooh, yes. Please."

"Then you'll have to take off your clothes."

Lucette took off her clothes.

Nina likewise took off her own clothes.


The next match is Egypt versus Spain. Who will win?

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Level 1, Match 09"

You will race with the tide.