Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Level 1, Match 15 ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 20

Level 1, Match 15

Written By
Mark Moore


Zambia has defeated India and remains in the tournament. The Indian Gundam crew has met with the American Gundam crew. Now, attention shifts to the next match.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 4:52 PM, Eastern Standard Time

The United States military base where the Gundam was being tested was Aznable Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida. The Gundam was in a hangar.

Lunamaria Hawke, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Emma Sheen stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Lunamaria. Standing at consoles on the platform were Nina Purpleton and Lucette Audevie, the two engineers that had designed the Gundam for the United States Government. They worked for Anaheim Electronics and were currently under military command while on this project. The fourth person on the platform was Relena Peacecraft. She was interested in the proceedings but was primarily there to give moral support to Emma.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Nina's request, Lunamaria pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Nina smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Lunamaria pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Nina nodded. "Good!"

"I think she can take a break for a while. I'd like to clean up the code in the the Gundam's OS."

Nina nodded. "Agreed, Lucette. Power down, Lunamaria."

Lunamaria opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Lunamaria got out of the cockpit.

Nina looked at Emma. "The new algorithms from India's Gundam are interesting, but we'd kinda shoehorned them into the OS code for our Gundam."

"Will cleaning it up make the Gundam work better?" Emma asked her.

"Nah. It'll just make it more efficient and neat. Right now, it's a mess."

Murrue Ramius, Emma's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Emma and Lunamaria saluted her. "Captain!"

"At ease. How's the Gundam coming along, Nina?"

"Pretty well. Lucette and I are gonna clean up the code that we got from India's Gundam. It's a mess."

"I guess you were so caught up in your work that you forgot about the time. Match 15 is going to start soon. Let's go to my house to watch it. I'll cook dinner."


Emma, Relena, Nina, Lucette, and Lunamaria gathered in the living room in Murrue's house and took their seats.

Murrue, carrying a tray with six large glasses filled with cola, walked into the living room. The other five women each took a glass. Murrue set the tray on the table, took a glass, and sat down.

Murrue turned on the television.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to Level 1, Match 15, of the First Gundam Tournament. We're here live in streets of Copenhagen. Allow me to introduce myself to those of you watching at home. My name is Bright Noa. I am the commentator for this tournament. Today's match is Denmark versus Brazil. The Danish pilot is Anders Schlüter. The Brazilian pilot is Luiz Mantega. Denmark's Gundam - the white one - is 17 meters tall, 1 meter of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. Brazil's Gundam - the green one - is 22 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. The match is about to begin."

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Anders moved his Gundam forward and punched Brazil's Gundam with its right fist. Brazil's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Luiz made his Gundam jump into the air, then he fired at Denmark's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. The shots hit Denmark's Gundam repeatedly.

Anders fired at Brazil's Gundam repeatedly with the beam rifle in his Gundam's left hand. The shots hit Brazil's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Brazil's Gundam declared.

"Take that!" Anders yelled.

"Take this!" Luiz yelled.

Luiz fired his Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly, hitting Denmark's Gundam over and over again.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Denmark's Gundam declared.

"You won't do that again!" Anders exclaimed.

Anders kicked Brazil's Gundam ten times with his Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Brazil's Gundam declared.

Luiz kicked Denmark's Gundam repeatedly with his Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Denmark's Gundam declared.

Anders fired his Gundam's beam rifle. Luiz activated his Gundam's thrusters and flew his Gundam into the sky, dodging the blast.

Luiz fired his Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly at Denmark's Gundam, hitting it repeatedly.

"Checkmate!" the simulated male voice of Denmark's Gundam declared.

Anders' Gundam fell backwards.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

"Damn it!" Anders exclaimed. "How could this happen?!"

"And there you have it. Brazil has beaten Denmark. Denmark is out of the competition, but it is allowed to assist another nation of its choice. Brazil moves on to Level 2. There will be more coverage on your evening news. Thank you for joining us."

Murrue turned off the television.

"We've got some time before the evening news begins. I'll make dinner now." Murrue stood up.

Murrue collected the empty glasses, placed them on the tray, and carried them into the kitchen.


Murrue turned on her grill in her backyard, placed six steaks on it, and closed the grill.

Murrue walked back into the kitchen and then into the living room.

She took her seat.

The evening news came on.

Peter Jenkins, the lead anchor, was sitting at his desk in New York City.

"Good evening, everyone. The fifteenth match of the first level of the First Gundam Tournament was held in the streets of Copenhagen this afternoon. The participants were Denmark and Brazil. Brazil won. It will move on to Level 2. Denmark, meanwhile, having been eliminated from the tournament, has announced today that it will back the United Kingdom in the tournament. We turn to our White House correspondent, Donald Samuelson. Donald, how is the White House reacting to Brazil's victory and Denmark's defeat?"

"Peter, both Denmark and Brazil are considered friendly competitors, so the White House wasn't too interested in the outcome of this match. It is mildly disappointed that Denmark isn't supporting us. Overall, it's mostly a neutral reaction."

"Do the resources of both the United Kingdom and Denmark match those of the United States?"

"It's possible, Peter, but we really won't know until we see the resulting Gundam in action."

"All right. Donald Samuelson, many thanks. Now for the day's other news."

Murrue turned off the television.

"Dinner should be ready." Murrue stood up.

The rest of the women stood up as well.


Murrue opened the grill, turned it off, picked up the steaks, and placed them on a plate.

Murrue walked back into the kitchen and set the plate on the counter.

Each woman took a steak, placed it on her own plate, and poured barbecue sauce over it.

Murrue added mashed potatoes on each plate and then poured gravy on it.

The women took the plates to the table, sat down, and started eating.

"What do you think of the match?" Murrue asked.

Emma swallowed a piece of chicken. "Neither Gundam is particularly impressive."

Relena swallowed a piece of chicken. "Yeah, I didn't care for this match."

Lunamaria smiled. "When Level 2 starts, things will be more interesting, because the best competitors from Level 1 will be competing against each other."

Murrue smiled. "Yeah, that'll be fun to watch."

Nina looked at Lucette. "We've still got a while until our next Gundam match. We should use the time to run more simulations and upgrade our Gundam as much as possible."

Lucette considered that for a moment. "Yeah. The data that the Indians provided has been really helpful so far. We just have to integrate it better into the Gundam's OS."

Murrue frowned. "Once we finish dinner, let's go back to base and run some simulations."


The women entered the simulation room in the base.

Emma got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Murrue made some selections on the computer console. "Using the battle data that was sent to us from today's match, I'm going to program the drone to be a combination of our, Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, Lebanon's, France's, Iraq's, Jordan's, Egypt's, Spain's, Syria's, Italy's, Yemen's, Germany's, Saudi Arabia's, Japan's, China's, Ireland's, India's, Zambia's, Denmark's, and Brazil's Gundams. If you can beat this, it won't be a guarantee of victory in your next match, but it should boost your confidence. Okay, try this."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a city street at night. Skyscrapers appeared to Emma's left. A drone of Emma's Gundam appeared in front of her.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Emma moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Emma jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Emma then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Emma knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Emma's Gundam landed back on the street. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The drone came at Emma and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Emma punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it six times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Emma knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone ten times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Emma got out of the simulator.

Murrue smiled. "Pretty good, Emma."

Nina looked at the statistics on her screen. "Your reflexes are pretty good."

Lucette looked at the statistics as well. "So is your strategy."

Emma walked over to them and smiled. "Thanks."

"Would you like to try it again?" Nina asked.

"What's with this 'Would you like' crap?" Murrue asked. "I want Emma to keep practicing until her second match."

Emma smiled in amusement. "I get breaks every so often, I hope."

"Yeah, yeah. Now, get in there."

"Yes, sir."

Emma walked over to the simulator and got back into it.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


At Miyasato Air Self-Defense Force Base in Tokyo, Japan, work was proceeding on Japan's Gundam.

The Gundam was located in a hangar. An elevator was set up to take people up to various levels of the Gundam. There were also metal platforms set up for people to walk on.

Mirai Yashima, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Fa Yuiry stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Mirai. Standing at consoles on the platform was Rain Mikamura, the head engineer that had designed the Gundam for the Japanese Government.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Rain's request, Mirai pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Rain smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Mirai pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Rain nodded. "Good! I want to tweak some code in the Gundam's OS. Power down, Mirai."

Mirai opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Mirai got out of the cockpit.

Rain looked at Fa. "This'll take a while."

"Will it make a noticeable difference?" Fa asked her.

"Nah, I'm just making it a bit more efficient."

Lucrezia Noin, Fa's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Fa and Mirai saluted her. "Captain!"

"At ease. How's the Gundam coming along, Rain?"

"Pretty well. I want to tweak the code in the Gundam's OS."

"Get it done."

"Yes, sir."

Lucrezia looked at Fa. "I want you in the simulator, Lieutenant. There's nothing that you can do here at the moment."

"Yes, sir."

Lucrezia looked at Rain and Mirai. "Do what you have to do."

"Yes, sir."

Fa walked into the elevator and rode down to the floor. She walked out of the elevator.


Fa and Lucrezia entered the simulation room in another building on the base.

Fa got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Lucrezia made some selections on the computer console. "Using the battle data that was sent to us from today's match, I'm going to program the drone to be a combination of our, Australia's, Niger's, Kuwait's, the United Kingdom's, Turkey's, Poland's, Russia's, Iran's, Austria's, Israel's, Venezuela's, Lebanon's, France's, Iraq's, Jordan's, the United States', Egypt's, Spain's, Syria's, Italy's, Yemen's, Germany's, Saudi Arabia's, China's, Ireland's, India's, Zambia's, Denmark's, and Brazil's Gundams. If you can beat this, it won't be a guarantee of victory in your next match, but it should boost your confidence. Okay, try this."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Fa's left. The drone appeared in front of her. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Fa heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Fa moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Fa jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Fa then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Fa knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Fa's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

The drone came at Fa and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Fa punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

Fa activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She quickly flew over the drone and behind it.

"Not enough power!"

Fa's Gundam landed back on the dock.

Fa kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Fa knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

The drone punched Fa's Gundam fives times with its right arm. It then fired at Fa's Gundam with its beam rifle repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

Fa grew frustrated. She backed her Gundam up.

The drone fired at Fa with its beam rifle. Fa activated her Gundam's thrusters and started to fly into the air. The blasts hit her Gundam anyway, and it fell back onto the dock.

Fa kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Fa got out of the simulator.

Lucrezia smiled. "Pretty good, Fa. Your reflexes are pretty good. So is your strategy."

Fa walked over to her. "Thanks, but we shouldn't get overconfident."

Lucrezia frowned. "You're right. Who knows what the other nations have?"

Fa smiled. "Let's not worry about that. We just have to practice as much as we can."

"That's true. Do you want to try it again?"

"Sure. Practice makes perfect...or at least adequate."

Lucrezia laughed. "You silly."

"Sir, do you think that I'll be able to win a second match?"

"Of course."

"How can you be so sure that I'm not just a one-hit wonder?"

"Because you're a fucking good pilot."

"Is that all?"

"And Japan has the most impressive technology that I've ever seen."

Fa smiled. "We do kick ass that way."

"Come on. Try it again. I'm sure that you can improve your checkmate time."

"Yes, sir."

Fa walked over to the simulator and got back into it.

"Are you ready?" Lucrezia asked.

"Yeah. Let's do it."


Fa and Mirai walked into the living room of their house.

Mirai closed the front door behind her and locked it.

Fa groaned. "I'm so tired."

Mirai smiled. "It sounds like you need a nice, long, warm shower."

"Mmm, that sounds nice."

"And I'll be happy to join you."

"That sounds even nicer."

"I'll tell you what. Let's take off our clothes, have a soda, and take a shower for an hour or two."

Fa and Mirai took off their clothes and dropped them on the floor.

They walked into the kitchen.

Fa opened the refrigerator and took out two cans of regular cola. She offered one can to Mirai, who took it. Fa closed the refrigerator.

Fa and Mirai opened their cans and started drinking their cola.

"I heard you did good in the sim today."

"I guess. I hope it'll be enough, though."

"Well, all that you have to do is keep practicing. You've already won one match. You can easily win four more."

"Thanks, sweetie. Would you help me practice tomorrow?"

"Yeah, when Rain doesn't need me in the Gundam. Together, we can get you ready to win this tournament."

"Let's concentrate on winning my second match first."

"We've got enough time between now and then. We can get in a lot of training sessions - just not today. I'm glad to be home."

"Me, too. I don't want to think about work for the rest of the day."

"Me neither. I just want to shower and fuck you in every way possible."

"Will we have enough time for that? We gotta be at the base tomorrow morning."

"I thought you didn't want to think about work for the rest of the day."

"That's right. Sorry."

When Fa and Mirai finished their colas, they dropped the cans in the recycling bin.

Mirai smiled. "Let's go upstairs."

Fa smiled. "Right behind you."

Mirai grinned. "You will be soon - and in front of me, too."


Fa and Mirai stepped into their bathtub.

Mirai pulled the curtain closed.

"Do you want any music?" Mirai asked.

"Yes."

Mirai turned on the portable radio. "My Time To Be a Star" by Reba West started playing.

Fa waited in anticipation.

Mirai turned on the water. She felt it with her left hand to determine the temperature. When it was warm, she turned on the shower.

Water splashed on both women, getting them wet.

Mirai hugged Fa.

Fa stared back at Mirai.

Mirai kissed Fa on the lips.

Fa hugged Mirai.

Mirai pressed her tongue against Fa's lips.

Fa parted her lips and allowed Mirai's tongue into her mouth.

The two women french-kissed.

Fa felt warm - both because of the water and because of Mirai's kiss.


With Canada's first Gundam match fast approaching, Christina MacKenzie is worried of her performance. Will she be ready in time?

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Christina's Doubts"

You will race with the tide.