Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Level 2, Match 6 ( Chapter 31 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 31

Level 2, Match 6

Written By
Mark Moore


Japan's match against Germany is later today. Fa Yuiry and Mirai Yashima have just arrived in Germany and been given a ride to the location of the match, the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 9:52 AM, German Standard Time

Fa and Mirai got out of the car and walked over to Lucrezia.

Standing at consoles on the ground was Rain.

Fa saluted Lucrezia. "Sir."

"At ease."

Fa relaxed. "How's the Gundam coming along?"

"Good. It's ready as it'll ever be. How about you?"

"I'm...nervous."

"Wanna try it out before the match?" Lucrezia asked.

Fa smiled. "Yes. Thank you."

"You ready?" Rain asked Fa.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I suppose."

Fa walked into the elevator that had been set up in front of the Gundam and rode up to the chest level.

Fa got into the cockpit and fastened her seatbelt.

"Ready!" Fa called.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Rain's request, Fa pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Rain smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Fa pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Rain nodded. "Good! How does it feel?"

"Fine."

Lucrezia smiled. "Move the elevator. Let her walk around."

Some engineers used heavy machinery to pull the elevator and its shaft away from the Gundam.

"Go on, Fa!" Lucrezia yelled. "Take it for a walk!"

Fa opened the Gundam's hand and lowered its arm. She pressed another button to close the cockpit. Then she pressed the Forward button, and the Gundam started walking.

"May I activate the thrusters and fly her?" Fa asked.

Rain frowned. "No. Not until the match. Now bring it back. I need to do a final systems check."

"All right."

Fa brought the Gundam back to its original location.

"Power down, Fa."

At Rain's request, Fa shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Fa opened the cockpit and got out of it and into the elevator.

Fa rode the elevator down to the ground.

Fa walked out of the elevator.

Lucrezia smiled. "Not bad. We still have some time until the match. Relax."


Fa and Mirai each got a can of regular cola out of a cooler and sat at a table that was set up a short distance from the designated match area. Mirai sat to Fa's right.

Fa opened her can and took a swig of cola. "Why did I ever agree to fight this guy here?"

"He wouldn't budge. You had no choice but to agree."

"I ought to kick him a few extra times just for that - assuming I even land a hit."

"Oh, stop it. You'll beat him."

Fa noticed a car approaching from the distance.

After it stopped, the passenger side door opened, and a man with short, curly, black hair got out.

He closed the door and walked over to a console that was set up a short distance from the designated match area.

"There's Bright Noa, the announcer."

Mirai looked. "Cool. That must mean the match will start soon"

Lucrezia walked over to them. "We just received word that the German team is on its way. Let's get you prepped."


Fa walked into the elevator and pressed a button.

She rode up to the chest level of the Gundam.

Fa got into the cockpit and fastened her seatbelt.

"Power on!" Rain called.

Fa pressed the Power button, turning the Gundam on. The Gundam's eyes glowed blue.

"Can you hear me?" Rain asked.

Fa now heard Rain's voice through the cockpit's speaker.

"Yes."

"Okay. Close the cockpit."

Fa pressed a button. The cockpit closed.

Fa looked at her screens. The cover was being removed, and she got her first in-person look at Germany's Gundam. It was brown. There was a beam rifle in its left hand.

The German Gundam's cockpit door opened. The German pilot got into the elevator, rode up to the chest level, and got into the cockpit. He then closed his cockpit.

A message appeared on one of Fa's screens: "GERMANY REQUESTING VISUAL".

"The German pilot is requesting visual contact."

"Allowed."

At Lucrezia's permission, Fa pressed a button.

The German pilot's image appeared on one of Fa's screens. He was Caucasian; appeared to be in his 30s; had short, brown hair; and was clean-shaven except for a moustache.

The German pilot smiled. "Greetings. I am Horst Merkel."

Fa smiled. "I'm Fa Yuiry. It's nice to finally meet you in person."

"Likewise."

"I'm curious. Why did you insist on fighting here?"

"It is my home. I want to defeat you here. You could say that it is national pride."

"Oh."

"Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious."

Horst grinned. "Prepare to lose."

Fa grinned. "Bring it."

"May we keep the audio channel between our cockpits open during the match?"

"Sure."

"Thank you. Good luck."

"Good luck to you, too."

Horst's image disappeared from Fa's screen and was replaced by an exterior view.

"Fa, the introductions are about to be made. Receive the audio."

At Lucrezia's order, Fa pressed a button.

"Good afternoon, everyone. Welcome to Level 2, Match 6, of the First Gundam Tournament. We're here live in Berlin, Germany. Allow me to introduce myself to those of you watching at home. My name is Bright Noa. I am the commentator for this tournament. Today's match is Germany versus Japan. The German pilot is Horst Merkel. The Japanese pilot is Fa Yuiry. Germany's Gundam - the brown one - is 21 meters tall, 0.5 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. Japan's Gundam - the white and dark blue one - is 19.85 meters tall, 1.15 meters of which is taken up by the head. It is armed with a beam rifle. The match is about to begin."

"Fight!" a simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

Horst moved his Gundam forward and punched Fa's Gundam with its right fist. Fa's Gundam was knocked back a bit.

Fa made her Gundam jump into the air, then she fired at Horst's Gundam with the beam rifle in its right hand. The shots hit Horst's Gundam repeatedly.

Horst made his Gundam jump into the air, then he fired at Fa's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. The shots hit Fa's Gundam repeatedly.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Fa's Gundam declared.

Horst's Gundam landed back on the street.

"Take that!" Horst yelled.

"Take this!" Fa yelled.

Fa fired her Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly, hitting Horst's Gundam over and over again.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Horst's Gundam declared.

"You won't do that again!" Horst exclaimed.

Horst kicked Fa's Gundam ten times with his Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Fa's Gundam declared.

Fa kicked Horst's Gundam repeatedly with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!" the simulated male voice of Horst's Gundam declared.

Horst fired his Gundam's beam rifle. Fa activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew her Gundam into the sky, dodging the blast.

"Not enough power!" the simulated male voice of Fa's Gundam declared.

Fa's Gundam landed back on the street. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

Horst made his Gundam run towards Fa's Gundam.

Fa fired her Gundam's beam rifle repeatedly at Horst's Gundam, hitting it repeatedly.

"Checkmate!" the simulated male voice of Horst's Gundam declared.

Horst's Gundam fell backwards.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!" the simulated male voice declared over a speaker.

"Damn it!" Horst exclaimed. "How could this happen?!"

"And there you have it. Japan has beaten Germany. It certainly was a close match, and Japan's win could be considered only luck. Germany is out of the competition, but it is allowed to assist another nation of its choice. Japan moves on to Level 3. There will be more coverage on your evening news. Thank you for joining us."

Fa sat in her cockpit, stunned.

"Fa, you did it! You won!" Rain exclaimed.

Fa smiled weakly. "I don't believe it."

"Come on out!"

At Rain's request, Fa shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Fa opened the cockpit and got out of it and into the elevator.

Fa rode the elevator down to the ground.

Fa walked out of the elevator.

The cockpit of Horst's Gundam opened. Horst got out of his cockpit and into his elevator.

He rode his elevator down to the ground.

Horst walked out of his elevator and over to Fa.

Fa smiled and offered her right hand to Horst. "Good match."

Horst shook her hand. "Thank you. I am humbled."

Fa turned and walked over to Lucrezia.

Lucrezia smiled. "You won. You gave us weeks of repair work, but you won."

Fa smiled. "I'm glad - that I won, I mean."

"You may return to Tokyo. We'll handle the Gundam transport."

"Thank you, sir."

Fa and Mirai walked over to the car that they had arrived in.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


"How bad is it?" Lucrezia asked.

Rain was looking over some preliminary statistics. "She really banged it up. We need to get it home soon, so I can start fixing it."

Lucrezia frowned. "Shit."

"Don't be so hard on her. I think she did all right."

"Yeah, she was okay."

"I think your expectations of her were a little too high."

"It was her second match, though. She should have done better."

"Maybe."


Fa and Mirai were sitting in the airplane. Fa was sitting by the window.

They were currently flying back to Japan.

"Lieutenant Yuiry, the American evening news will be on shortly. Channel 11."

"Thank you!" Fa called to the pilot.

Fa pressed a button and turned the television in front of them on. She typed 1 1 on the keypad.

The evening news came on.

Peter Jenkins, the lead anchor, was sitting at his desk in New York City.

"Good evening, everyone. The sixth match of the second level of the First Gundam Tournament was held at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany, this afternoon. The participants were Germany and Japan. Japan won. It will move on to Level 3. Germany, meanwhile, having been eliminated from the tournament, has announced today that it will back Canada in the tournament. We turn to our White House correspondent, Donald Samuelson. Donald, how is the White House reacting to Japan's victory and Germany's defeat?"

"Peter, it's a mostly neutral reaction from the White House with a hint of disappointment in Germany's decision."

"Do the resources of Canada and Germany match those of the United States?"

"It's quite possible, Peter. They could prove to be a formidable team."

"All right. Donald Samuelson, many thanks. Now for the day's other news."

Fa turned off the television.

Mirai smiled. "I'm so proud of you."

Fa smiled. "Thanks, sweetie. I still can't believe it. How the fuck did I win?"

"Only you can answer that, sweetie, but don't worry about that for now. You made it. That's all that matters at the moment. Relax and enjoy your victory."

"You're right. I'm sorry for all of my depressing talk recently. I was nervous."

"No problem. Would you like some music?"

"Yes, please."

Mirai pressed a button to turn on the stereo.

She selected a song and pressed Play.

"Mad Machine" by Kinuko Oomori started playing.

Fa closed her eyes and relaxed.


Fa and Mirai entered the simulation room in the base.

Fa got into the simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Mirai made some selections on the computer console. "The drone will be a combination of everyone's Gundams as usual."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a city street at night. Skyscrapers appeared to Fa's left. The drone appeared in front of her.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Fa moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Fa jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Fa then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Fa knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Fa's Gundam landed back on the street. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The drone came at Fa and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Fa punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it six times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Fa knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's right leg.

The drone swung at Fa's Gundam with the beam saber in its right hand. Fa activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew her Gundam into the sky.

"Not enough power!"

Fa's Gundam landed back on the street.

The drone fired at Fa's Gundam with the beam rifle in its left hand. Fa jumped and avoided the attack.

After Fa's Gundam landed back on the street, Fa fired at the drone repeatedly with her Gundam's rifle.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Fa got out of the simulator.

Mirai smiled. "Pretty good, Fa. Your reflexes are pretty good. So is your strategy."

Fa walked over to her. "Thanks."

Mirai frowned. "I wonder what will happen, if you're paired with Iran."

Fa smiled. "Let's not worry about that. We just have to practice as much as we can."

"That's true. Do you want to try it again?"

"Sure. Practice makes perfect...or at least adequate."

Mirai laughed. "You silly."


Thursday, November 29, 2007, 9:25 AM, Japanese Time

Fa knocked on Lucrezia's office door.

"Come in."

Fa opened the door and walked into the office. Mirai followed and closed the door behind her.

Lucrezia was sitting behind her desk. Rain was sitting in a chair.

Fa saluted Lucrezia. "Lieutenant Fa Yuiry reporting as ordered, sir."

"At ease, Lieutenant."

Fa relaxed.

Lucrezia smiled. "We recently got back. I thought it would be nice to have a little celebration."

Fa smiled. "Cool."

Lucrezia stood up. Rain stood up as well.

Lucrezia opened her small refrigerator and passed out three cans of regular cola. She also took a can for herself.

The women opened their respective cans.

Lucrezia raised her can. The other three women raised their own cans.

Lucrezia smiled. "I propose a toast - to Fa Yuiry, a fucking good pilot!"

"To Fa Yuiry!" Rain and Mirai exclaimed.

Fa smiled. "Thanks, everyone."

All four women took a moment to sip their colas.

Lucrezia frowned. "Now that we've won our second match, we're in the final 8. We have to work even harder now, because the competition is at a whole new level. Our competitors, whoever they will be, will be the best quarter of the starting group. Also, there's a 1-in-7 chance that we're gonna fight Iran."

Each woman silently thought about that for a moment.

"Fa, I want you in the simulator as much as possible. Get in all of the training that you can between now and our next match."

"Yes, sir."

"Rain, get the Gundam repaired. Keep everyone that you need as long as you need them."

"Yes, sir."

"Mirai, until the major repairs are done, assist Fa in her sim training."

"Yes, sir."

"And keep cheering Fa on. She needs your support."

"Yes, sir."

The women finished their colas in silence.

They dropped their cans in the trash basket.

"Dismissed. Get to work, everyone."

Fa opened the door and walked out of the office. Rain and Mirai followed her. Mirai closed the door behind her.

Mirai smiled at Fa. "Come on, champ. Let's hit the simulator."

Fa smiled wickedly. "I'd love to hit the simulator."

Mirai and Fa laughed.


Rain turned off the computer in her console.

"Okay, everyone, that's all for tonight! Thank you! Now, go home and get some rest!"

Rain waited impatiently for all of the other engineers to put away their tools and leave the hangar. She was exhausted. More than that, she was horny, and she couldn't ignore the feeling between her legs any longer.

Rain picked up the telephone receiver and typed in the number for the simulation room.

"Simulation room. Lieutenant Mirai Yashima speaking."

"Mirai, it's me. I need you in the hangar."

"Is this about what I think it's about?"

"Yeah."

"Sorry, but Fa and I were about to go home."

"Okay."

Rain put the receiver down.

Lucrezia walked into the hangar.

"Rain, are you ready to go home?" Lucrezia called.

"Actually, Lucrezia, I'm, uh,...yeah."

Lucrezia walked into the elevator and rode up to the chest level. She walked out of the elevator.

"Are you all right?" Lucrezia asked.

"I'm done for the day."

"Great. So...?"

"I'm horny."

"Ah! Well, let's get in the cockpit and take care of that."

"The cockpit? Don't be silly. That's unprofessional."

"Skip it, Rain. I've seen you and Mirai go in there."

Rain laughed nervously. "You got me. Okay, let's do it. Thank you."

Lucrezia smiled. "My pleasure."

Rain and Lucrezia walked over to the chest area.

Rain opened the cockpit.

Lucrezia climbed into the cockpit.

Rain climbed into the cockpit and lied on top of Lucrezia, facing her.

Rain closed the cockpit.

When their privacy was assured, Rain kissed Lucrezia on the lips.

Rain parted her own lips and shoved her tongue into Lucrezia's mouth.

After a while, Rain finished the kiss.

"I've been wanting to do that all day."

Rain licked Lucrezia's face repeatedly.

"Mmm, that feels good, sweetie."

Rain smiled. "I'm glad that you like it. Would you like me to lick lower?"

"Ooh, yes. Please."

"Then you'll have to take off your clothes."

Lucrezia took off her clothes.

Rain likewise took off her own clothes.


Fa and Mirai sat at the picnic table in their backyard.

They were currently eating a warm dinner of oven-baked chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, boiled vegetables, and green tea.

The wind was blowing, giving them a slight chill. The chimes on the back porch chimed.

Fa watched the tree branches swaying in the wind. "December's almost here."

Mirai took a bite of her chicken. "It certainly feels like it. Less than a month to go. Think you'll make it?"

Fa sipped her tea. "3 more matches. Anything can happen."

Mirai sipped her tea. "Your parents will be proud of you."

"I'm not doing this for my parents - or at least not for my mom. She treated me like her dog, not her daughter. I can to come to her when called. I had to bring her stuff. I had to give her things to eat and drink. It's not that she couldn't do these things on her own. It's that she was lazy. I couldn't wait to move out of that house."

"So you're doing this for yourself?" Mirai asked.

"Yeah. I wouldn't like another nation ruling over us - particularly not Iran but not the United States either."

"Why not?"

"I don't know. They seem a bit arrogant."

"Oh. Well, I have faith in you, Fa Yuiry."

Fa smiled. "Thank you, Mirai Yashima."


The next match is Ireland versus Zambia. Who will win?

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Level 2, Match 7"

You will race with the tide.