Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Mobile Suit Gundam Fan Fiction / Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament ❯ Christina's Anticipation ( Chapter 33 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament

Episode 33

Christina's Anticipation

Written By
Mark Moore


Canada's second Gundam match is in two days, and Christina MacKenzie is concerned that her performance will not be good enough to ensure a victory.

Sunday, December 2, 2007, 4:43 PM, Eastern Standard Time

The place where the Canadian Gundam was being tested was École du Ciel in Montreal, Canada. The Gundam was in a hangar.

Asuna Elmarit, the Gundam's test pilot, was sitting in the cockpit, which was located in the Gundam's chest area.

Christina MacKenzie and Reccoa Londe stood on the platform adjacent to the cockpit, watching Asuna. Standing at consoles on the platform were Miriallia Haw, the Gundam's head engineer and communications officer, and Stella Loussier, the French Gundam engineer. Flay Allster and Catherine Bloom were also standing there, staring at the Gundam in fascination. They were interested in the proceedings but were primarily there to give moral support to Christina.

"Okay, raise the right arm."

At Miriallia's request, Asuna pulled the lever on her console that controlled the right arm. The arm slowly rose up until it was pointing straight up.

Miriallia smiled. "Good. Now, make a fist."

Asuna pressed the right fist button. The Gundam's right hand closed into a fist.

Miriallia nodded. "Good!"

"I think that's about all that we have enough time for."

Miriallia nodded. "Agreed, Stella. Power down, Asuna."

Asuna opened the Gundam's hand, lowered its arm, and shut off the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

Asuna got out of the cockpit.

Miriallia looked at Christina. "I think everything is ready as we can make it."

"Will I have any unexpected problems while operating it?" Christina asked her.

"You shouldn't."

Natarle Badgiruel, Christina's superior officer, and Une Antonn, Reccoa's superior officer, walked into the hangar.

Reccoa and Stella saluted Une. "Captain!"

"At ease."

Christina, Miriallia, and Asuna saluted Natarle. "Captain!"

"At ease. How's the Gundam coming along, Miriallia?"

"I think it's ready as we'll get it."

"Good. Our second match is in two days."

"Yes, sir. Um, may I do some tweaking of the OS code?"

"We're loading up the Gundam and shipping it to Brazil. You'll have to work on it in the air."

"Understood."

Natarle looked at Christina. "I'm personally overseeing the Gundam's transport. You will leave for Brazil tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle looked at Asuna. "Asuna, you're with me, Une, Miriallia, and Stella."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle looked at Catherine. "Catherine, you, too."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle looked at Flay. "Flay, you know how to operate the simulator. Correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. If Christina wants to get in some last-minute training, you're in charge."

"Yes, sir."

Une looked at Reccoa. "Help her, too, Reccoa."

"Yes, sir."

Natarle smiled. "Okay, come down from there. We have to move the platforms and elevator to get the Gundam out of there."

Christina, Flay, Reccoa, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine walked into the elevator and rode down to the floor. They walked out of the elevator.

Soon, a group of officers arrived. They operated heavy machinery to move the platforms and elevator out of the way. The women watched this.

Once all of that was out of the way, one of the officers held up a remote control and powered the Gundam up. The Gundam's eyes glowed blue.

The women watched as the officer made the Gundam walk out of the hangar. The women followed the Gundam.

A truck was parked outside the hangar. The officer made the Gundam lie down on the platform behind the truck. He then powered down the Gundam. The blue glow in the Gundam's eyes disappeared.

The truck driver pressed a button, and the platform moved into the truck, taking the Gundam inside with it.

The officer got onto the back of the truck and pulled the door closed.

Natarle looked at Christina. "Okay, we're off. We'll see you in Brazil."

Christina saluted Natarle. Natarle saluted Christina, then she got into the passenger seat of a car. Une, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine got into the back seat. The driver of the car followed the truck to the runway.

Christina, Reccoa, and Flay watched the truck and car go until they were out of sight.

Christina looked at Reccoa and Flay. "Let's go to the simulation room. I want to practice."

Flay looked at Christina. "You sure don't waste any time."

Reccoa looked at Christina. "Let's see what you've got."


Christina, Reccoa, and Flay entered the simulation room in another building on the campus.

Christina got into the first simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Flay made some selections on the computer console. "Let's try a computer opponent first. The drone will be a combination of everyone's Gundams as usual."

The screens inside the simulator turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Christina's left. The drone appeared in front of her. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Christina heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Christina moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at the drone. The drone jumped and avoided the attack. Christina jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit the drone repeatedly. Christina then kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Christina knew that she had caused damage to the drone. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at the drone with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

The drone came at Christina and kicked her Gundam five times with its left leg. Christina punched the drone three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

Christina activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She quickly flew over the drone and behind it.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock.

Christina kicked the drone three times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Christina knew that she was close to victory. She kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

The drone punched Christina's Gundam fives times with its right arm. It then fired at Christina's Gundam with its beam rifle repeatedly.

"Overheating!"

Christina grew frustrated. She backed her Gundam up.

The drone fired at Christina with its beam rifle repeatedly. The blasts hit her Gundam.

"Overheating!"

The drone fired at Christina with its beam rifle. Christina activated her Gundam's thrusters and started to fly into the air. The blasts hit her Gundam anyway, and it fell back onto the dock.

Christina kicked the drone five times with her Gundam's left leg.

"Checkmate!"

The drone fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Christina got out of the simulator.

Flay smiled. "Pretty good, Christina. Your reflexes are pretty good."

Reccoa smiled. "So is your strategy."

Christina walked over to them. "Really?"

Flay gave Christina a cheerful smile. "Really. Don't worry, Christina."

Christina smiled at her. "Thanks."

"Do you want to try fighting a human opponent?" Flay asked.

"Sure."

"Okay, get in."

Christina got into the first simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

Flay made some selections on the computer console. "I switched the program to 2-player mode. Do I have a volunteer?"

Reccoa didn't say anything.

Flay walked over to the second simulator. "Fine. I'll try it. Watch the console, Reccoa."

Reccoa went and stood behind the computer console.

Flay got into the second simulator. "Okay, I'm ready."

The screens inside the simulators turned on. They displayed a dock. The ocean appeared to Christina's left and Flay's right. A thunderstorm was approaching. There were dark clouds in the sky. Lightning flashed. Christina and Flay heard thunder. There was a light chop to the water.

"Fight!" the simulator's male voice declared.

Christina moved her Gundam forward. She swung the left arm at Flay's Gundam. Flay jumped and avoided the attack. Christina jumped and fired her beam rifle. The blasts hit Flay's Gundam repeatedly. Christina then kicked Flay's Gundam three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

Christina knew that she had caused damage to Flay's Gundam. She activated her Gundam's thrusters and flew the Gundam into the sky. She fired at Flay's Gundam with her beam rifle.

"Not enough power!"

Christina's Gundam landed back on the dock. The Gundam didn't have enough power for long flights and had to recharge.

The chop in the water was now medium.

Flay came at Christina and kicked her Gundam five times with her Gundam's left leg. Christina punched Flay's Gundam three times with her Gundam's right fist. Then she kicked it three times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Overheating!"

The chop in the water was now heavy. Water was splashing onto the dock.

Christina knew that she was close to victory. She kicked Flay's Gundam five times with her Gundam's right leg.

"Checkmate!"

Flay's Gundam fell down.

"Well done! Glory to the winner!"

The simulation ended. The screens went black.

Christina got out of her simulator.

Flay got out of her simulator.

Flay smiled. "Pretty good, Christina."

Christina smiled. "Thank you, Flay. It was fun."

"Why don't we go out for a nice, romantic dinner?" Reccoa suggested.

"Sure!" Christina and Flay agreed.


Natarle, Une, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine were standing in the special, massive airplane that was transporting them and the Gundam. They were currently en route to Brazil.

Miriallia and Stella were standing at a console, testing the Gundam. Natarle was on a cell phone.

"Yes, Mr. Prime Minister." Natarle turned off her phone and put it in a pocket. "Everyone, listen up."

Miriallia and Stella stopped their work. They, Une, Asuna, and Catherine looked at Natarle.

"I just got off of the phone with the Prime Minister. I pretty much guaranteed him a victory on Tuesday. Is everything ready?"

Miriallia smiled. "The Gundam is in better shape than it was before our first match."

"And our pilot?" Lucrezia asked.

Asuna smiled. "I think she's a bit nervous, but I think she'll be okay."


Christina, Flay, and Reccoa walked into a restaurant.

The man behind the counter smiled. "Welcome. How many in your party?"

Christina held up her left hand and raised her index, middle, and ring fingers.

The man picked up three menus. "Right this way, please."

Christina, Flay, and Reccoa followed him over to a table.

The man placed the menus on the table. "Please look over our menus. I will return shortly to take your order."

The man walked away.

Christina, Flay, and Reccoa picked up the menus and read them.

"I think I'll have the steak, a side of onion rings, and a regular cola." Christina set her menu on the table.

"That sounds good. I'll have the same." Flay set her menu on the table.

"Me, too." Reccoa set her menu on the table.

"I'm worried, girls. What if I don't do well on Tuesday?"

Flay looked at Christina. "If that happens, then Canada will ally itself with one of the other nations. You know that."

"I don't want to let anyone on our team down."

"Don't worry about it. Let's just relax and enjoy our dinner."

"I can't relax."

Reccoa smiled. "When we get home, we'll exhaust you so much that you'll have to relax."

Christina smiled. "Maybe this should have been a girls' night in."


Christina, Reccoa, and Flay walked into the living room of Christina and Flay's house.

The telephone rang.

Christina walked over and picked up the handset. "Hello?"

"Christina, it's your mother."

"And your father."

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad."

"Good luck in your match on Tuesday."

"Thanks, dad."

"I'm sure that you'll win on Tuesday and make us and all of Canada proud."

"I'm not so sure, mom, but thanks for having confidence in me."

"Bye, Christina."

"Bye, dad."

"Bye, Christina."

"Bye, ma."

Christina turned off the handset and set it down to charge.

"Come on. You have to exhaust me, so I can get a good night's sleep."

Flay and Reccoa happily followed Christina upstairs.


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament


Christina pressed Flay against a wall in their bedroom and held her arms against the wall.

Christina kissed Flay passionately on the lips.

Flay opened her mouth. Christina used the opportunity to slip her tongue into Flay's mouth. Christina and Flay french-kissed.

After a moment of this, Christina released Flay's arms and placed her hands on the wall. Flay moved her arms around Christina and placed her hands on Christina's ass.

Christina finished the kiss. "I want you."

"I want you, too."

"Then let's not waste any seconds."

Christina and Flay took off their clothes and let them fall to the floor.

Flay hugged Christina and kissed her passionately on the lips.

Christina broke the kiss. "Not yet. Let me get the bed sheets pulled off first.

Flay released Christina. "Hurry."

Christina turned, grabbed the bed sheets and cover, pulled them off of the bed, and let them fall to the floor.

"Okay."

Flay tackled Christina and pushed her onto the bed. She shoved her tongue into Christina's mouth.

Reccoa got onto the bed. "Could you use another tongue, Chris?"

Flay got partially off of Christina, moving to Christina's right. Reccoa got onto Christina's left.

Flay and Reccoa started licking Christina's face.


Christina lied down in bed, smiling. "That was fun."

Flay lied down to Christina's right and smiled. "I knew you'd like it."

Reccoa lied down to Christina's left and smiled. "Now, get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow."

Christina kissed Flay on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night, sweetie."

Christina kissed Reccoa on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night, sweetie."

Flay moved over Christina and kissed Reccoa on the lips briefly. "I love you. Good night."

"I love you, too. Good night, sweetie."

Christina soon fell asleep.


Natarle, Une, Miriallia, Stella, Asuna, and Catherine entered their hotel room.

Catherine closed the door behind her and locked it.

Natarle turned on the lights.

Miriallia yawned. "We seriously need to get some rest."

Natarle stretched. "Christina, Reccoa, and Flay will leave for here tomorrow. Let's hope that Christina has trained enough."

Asuna smiled. "Knowing her, I'm sure that she did."

Natarle smiled. "Anyway, good night, girls."


Monday, December 3, 2007, 7:00 AM, Eastern Standard Time

Christina woke up.

She looked to her right. Flay was sleeping next to her. She looked to her left. Reccoa was sleeping next to her.

Christina turned and positioned herself over Flay. She took a moment to admire Flay's beauty.

Christina kissed Flay on the lips.

Flay woke up.

Christina finished the kiss, pulled back, and smiled. "Good morning."

Flay smiled. "Good morning."

"Let's eat a quick breakfast, then we can pack."

"Okay."

Christina positioned herself over Reccoa. She took a moment to admire Reccoa's beauty.

Christina kissed Reccoa on the lips.

Reccoa woke up.

Christina finished the kiss, pulled back, and smiled. "Good morning."

Reccoa smiled. "Good morning."

"Let's eat a quick breakfast, then we can pack."

"Okay."


Christina put a duffel bag on the bed and opened it.

Then she got a clean uniform and put it into the bag.

She also got a toothbrush, a tube of toothpaste, a box of dental floss, a small bottle of mouthwash, a small can of deodorant spray, a small bar of soap, and a small bottle of shampoo from the bathroom and put them into the bag.

Christina zipped the bag closed.

"Is that all that you're taking?" Flay asked.

"We're going there just for the match. We'll be back home by tomorrow evening. Pack just one pair of clothes. It'll be enough."

"Okay."

Flay got a duffel bag, put it on the bed, and opened it.

Reccoa got a duffel bag, put it on the bed, and opened it.

Christina looked at them. "Don't worry about the hygiene stuff. I already packed it."

Flay and Reccoa looked at her. "Okay."

Flay got a fresh set of clothes and put it into her bag.

She zipped the bag closed.

Reccoa got a fresh set of clothes and put it into her bag.

She zipped the bag closed.

Christina checked her watch. "We should get to Merquise Air Force Base and board the airplane."


Christina, Reccoa, and Flay sped down a highway in Christina's yellow convertible. They were listening to "Edge of a Broken Heart" by Vixen on the radio.

They soon arrived at Merquise Air Force Base.

Christina brought her car to a stop by the gate. She handed her badge to the security guard, and Flay and Reccoa did likewise with their visitor's passes. The guard scanned them and handed them back. Christina, Reccoa, and Flay handed their duffel bags to the security guard. The guard opened them, inspected them, closed them, and handed them back. Then Christina, Reccoa, and Flay had to go through thumbprint and retinal scans. Finally, the security guard opened the gate, and Christina drove onto the base.

Christina drove to a runway and parked in the lot near it.

Christina, Reccoa, and Flay got out of the car and walked over to an airplane. It was a cool Autumn morning. A gentle breeze was blowing.

Christina inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love Autumn so much."

Flay inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

Reccoa inhaled the fresh air and exhaled. "I love it, too."

The pilot saluted Christina. Christina saluted him.

The four of them boarded the airplane.

"Do you want the window, Reccoa?" Christina asked.

"No. Thank you."

Christina sat by the window, Flay sat to her right, and Reccoa sat to her right. They each buckled their seatbelts.

Soon, the airplane's engines started. The airplane sped down the runway and flew into the sky.

Christina stared out the window, nervous.

"Nervous?" Flay asked.

Christina looked at her. "Yeah."

Flay sighed. "Not this again."

"I can't help it. I'm worried."

"You have nothing to worry about. You've prepared as much as you could. You've spent countless hours in the simulator. You've read up on every aspect of the Gundam. You've questioned Miriallia about the Gundam's performance."

"That's true."


Canada's second Gundam match is here. Christina MacKenzie is unsure of the outcome. Will she be able to defeat the Brazillian pilot and keep Canada in the tournament? The end of Level 2 is near, and soon the world will know the Level 3 match-ups.

Next on "Mobile Suit Gundam Tournament":

"Level 2, Match 8"

You will race with the tide.