Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Caged Doves ❯ Flown the Coop ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hiya! Here it is, Chapter 2 of Caged Doves. I hope you like it.
 
Standard Disclaimers Apply: I don't own GW or any of it's characters. I just abuse them a little and return them a little worse for wear. I DO however own the storyline herein and any original characters I may add in.(Like Loni...) And please don't sue me. All you'll get is the dirt and dustbunnies that live under my bed as they're about all I own.
_________________________________________________________________ ______
Chapter 2: Flown the Coop
_________________________________________________________________ ______
 
Lady Anne Une, former OZ commander and current Preventer's Leader, stepped out of the elevator and into the Control Room. It had several desks with computer monitors patched into the large wall screens mounted around the room. With all the equipment and personnel, the place felt very much like the covert operations control room that it was. She was accompanied by several of her best agents.
 
Lady Une walked up to the railing at the back of the room and said aloud, "Report."
 
Several stations started taking turns giving her the latest bits of info they had garnered.
Agent Peterson turned to look at her first. "We're almost done analyzing the disk that was delivered, ma'am."
 
She nodded.
 
Agent Yakiru took the next turn. "We finished analyzing the security cameras, ma'am. She was definately grabbed by two men with another driving the van. We didn't get any good film of the driver or the biggest looking of the abductors, but we got a fairly decent lok at the second abductor in the van. Unfortunately, when I ran his face through the database it didn't come up with any matches. We did get the license plate on the footage, though."
 
Agent Habiki turned to look at Lady Une, saying, "I'm not having any better luck with the license plate either, ma'am. It's registered to a Mrs. Collis in Sector 3. I've sent agents over there to check it out."
 
Just then Agent Takado shook his head annoyedly and entered the conversation with,"No go, ma'am. I just got word back from the team. Mrs. Collis is 85 year old widow, no kids, no other people living with her. The plate was stolen from her car this morning."
 
Lady Une arched one eyebrow. "She's just now noticing that it was stolen?"
 
"Evidently she's confined to a wheel-chair, ma'am. She doesn't get out much. She didn't even know it was missing until the team captain informed her of as much. She's agreed to cooperate in any investigation we choose to conduct."
 
Lady Une merely nodded and turned back to Agent Peterson. "Have you finished with the disk yet?"
 
He nodded. "Just finished, ma'am."
 
"Put it on the main screen, Peterson."
 
"Yes, ma'am."
 
The young agent turned back to his monitor and a moment later the view on the largest screen flickered to life. It showed the image of a somewhat attactive looking young man with short, dark-brown hair, wearing a mask. Someone behind Une choked a little at the image, presumably Milliardo, as the mask on the screen looked rather similar to the one he wore during the One Year War. The guy smiled brightly and waved at them saying,
 
"Greetings, Lady Une! I just wanted to let you know that Queen Relena is safe as I'm sure you're driving yourself insane since she was picked up by my driver. And don't worry. I don't have anything nefarious planned for Her Highness. She is simply my guest until such time as I can make proper arrangements."
 
He smiled a small smile like he knew something that the rest of them didn't.
 
"Now that pleasentries have been exchanged, I suppose I should get down to business. As I see it, I will soon be in charge of things in the political arena and there are a few things that I need to make sure are addressed."
 
He started ticking off points on his fingers.
 
"Number One, the current Prime Minister will prepare and submit for my approval, a statement to the public explaining his resignation and my subsequent coronation.
Number Two, the reign of the Canq Kingdom is going to be re-instated with the rightful heir on the throne.
Number Three, the organization known as the Preventers will disband immedeately. Your services will no longer be required. The new monarchy already has it's own protection and enforcement."
 
His next words were spoken slowly, as he removed his mask and faced the camera again, this time showing his true countenance.
 
"You see, I have a claim to the Throne, a valid one I might add, and I intend to take it..."
____________________________________
 
Outside the Preventer's building, a chocolate brown haired young man stood looking up at the window to Relena's office with steady prussian blue eyes.
 
'I'm back, finally. I wonder how everyone is? I wonder how she is?'
 
But no sooner had he walked through the front door, he heard his name.
 
"Yuy? Heero Yuy?"
 
Heero looked at the man standing at the front desk. He looked like a courier. The man behind the desk spoke up before Heero could say anything.
 
"I'm sorry. He's not here today. But I can take whatever it is and hold it for him."
 
The courier shook his head.
 
"Sorry. But the instructions are that I have to make sure that Mr. Yuy receives this personally."
 
"Then I guess this is your lucky day. I'm Yuy."
 
The courier spun to look at him, putting a hand up to his chest.
 
"Man! Don't do that to me! You're Yuy, huh? May I see your I.D.? Just for verification, of course."
 
"Hn," Heero grunted in annoyance as he pulled out his Preventer's badge and I.D., showing them to the courier, who nodded and handed Heero a clipboard to sign. After he handed it back the courier handed Heero a letter and left.
 
Before Heero could open the letter a familiar voice spoke up from behind him.
 
"Oh, my, god! Heero, is that you? I almost didn't recognize you!"
 
Heero turned just in time to get hugged by a rather exuberant Sally Po.
 
"Thank goodness you're back! You're late, though. Une's already started the briefing!"
 
Heero protested a little as Sally started to drag him down the hallway.
 
"Sally! Stop! What's going on?"
 
Sally stopped and turned to look at him.
 
"You don't know yet, do you?"
 
"Know what, Sally? I just got back from my assignment. I haven't even seen Une yet."
 
"I'm sorry, Heero. Une said she talked to you this morning, so I thought you knew."
 
"Know what, Sally?"
 
Sally looked at her feet a moment and then looked back up at him.
 
"Promise me you won't kill anyone, Heero."
 
Heero arched one eyebrow. 'I'm not going to like this,' he thought, but remained silent, waiting on Sally. Eventually she just sighed.
 
"Fine. But you better not hurt Duo."
 
"Duo? What's he g......Relena! What's wrong with Relena?!"
 
Sally winced at the tone in Heero's voice.
 
"She was kidnapped this morning."
 
"From home? Is Ms. Monanoke alright? Do we have any leads?"
 
"She's fine, Heero. It happened here. And yes, we already have a 'gloat note' from her kidnappers."
 
"Here! Has security gone to hell since I've been gone?! Nevermind. I don't care about that right now. You said Une's already holding a briefing on the matter?"
 
Sally nodded.
 
"Yeah. In the Command Center."
 
Heero nodded and took off for the elevator.
 
When the doors opened to the Command Center, the first thing Heero noticed was all the other Pilots seemed to be present. The second was a man on the main view screen, that he vaguely recognized, talking to them.
 
"And Mr. Yuy, I have a special proposition for you. I know how good you are at protecting her, so I want to extend this opportunity to you to do so again. I don't know what she did to make you request a change of assignment, but I'm confident I can make it worth your while to take up the job again. After all, if you had still been protecting her instead of that bafoon Maxwell, I would never have gotten close enough to her to requisition her presence in the first place."
 
He laughed in amusement before continueing.
 
"I suppose I should show you I mean what I've said in that I haven't harmed her."
 
The view panned left to show Relena, appearantly passed out, laying on a bed. What shocked most of them was that she was wearing what looked like a wedding dress. The very image seemed to wind Heero because suddenly he felt like he couldn't get a good breath into his lungs.
 
"I know what you're thinking. And you're right, she is beautiful. Since most of you won't be present for the wedding, I figured I'd be nice and least show you what she will look like."
 
The man, whom Heero finally recalled being an 'Earl Charles Carrington', came into view again, leaning over Relena and kissing her lips. Heero could feel the cold rage building in him as his fists clenched at his side. Earl Carrington turned to look at the camera again.
 
"With such a beautiful lady, you can surely see why I need you here, Mr. Yuy. If you haven't already received my invitation you will soon. If you want the job, follow the instructions therein. If you don't, well, at least be decent enough to not insult my intelligence by turning it over to Lady Une. Just throw it away, because I won't let anyone else from the Preventer's near her. Though, I'm fairly certain you'll accept. Don't let me down, Mr. Yuy. No, correction, don't let her down. Again."
 
The camera looked directly at Relena, panning in for a close up of her sleeping face, and froze there. Heero's teeth nashed as he struggled for a calm he didn't feel just then.
_________________________________________________________________ ______
 
Alrighty then!
 
Did ya' like it?
 
I hope so.
 
Chapter 3 to come, soon!
 
And PLEASE REVIEW! Remember, authors LOVE reviews!