Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil With A Blue Dress On (Part Five of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them!

Devil With A Blue Dress On

"Mom, why are you making me do this?" Randy whined as she stood on the stool in the middle of the kitchen.

Hilde looked up at her sixteen-year old daughter with pins in her mouth. She took them out. "Because you purposely shortened the skirt of your school uniform and made Headmistress Conner have an apoplexy," she said as she propped her hands on her hips. "Now stand still or else I might stick you with a pin in you know where!"

Randy crossed her arms belligerently across her chest. "But that skirt was ugly. The length was all wrong," she muttered as she tapped her bare foot on the stool. "So I made it two inches above my knees. The skirts the girls' field hockey team wears are just as short. So all I did was take the skirt up a few inches!"

The pins were slapped on the floor. "Miranda! You took the calf length skirt and made it half the length!" Hilde exclaimed exasperatedly. "God, what am I going to do with you? You disregard the rules like your father and your brothers!"

"Come on, Randy, its not like you have to spend your entire day wearing the skirt," Chris pointed out from the kitchen chair. Victoria was sitting on his lap. His left arm was in a sling, courtesy of Heero.

"And it makes you look more lady like, Randy," said Victoria as she leaned on Chris's right shoulder.

"Drop dead," Randy snapped as she pinned a glare at her brother and his girlfriend.

"Speaking of your father, where is he?" said Hilde as she sat back on her heels.

"Here," said Duo as he came into the kitchen. He bent down and pressed a sound kiss on Hilde's lips. He looked up at his daughter and pressed a kiss on her cheek. "Any reason for that indignant expression, sweetheart?" he asked as he leaned against the wall.

"Mom's making me get fitted for the skirt from hell that's what," Randy replied as she glared at her mother.

Duo chuckled.

"That's not funny, Duo," Hilde admonished as she started pinning the hem. She raised a brow at him. "We pay good money to send her to Saint Augustines. We paid money to send her brothers too," she said to him.

"Headmistress Conner just wants all the Maxwells out of school and out of her hair," Chris pointed out as he reached over for a potato chip.

"Because she's seen you, your brothers, and you young lady in her office," Hilde said as she looked up at her daughter.

Randy snorted. "I didn't do anything wrong! All I did was shorten the dog ugly skirt!" she protested.

"Well try not to get sent there this year ok," said Duo as he laughed again.

Just then Miles and Jonathon came into the kitchen. "Hey mom, I'm home," Jonathon called out as he snatched an apple from the basket on the center island. He looked over at his sister. "Did the kitchen get changed into a fitting room?"

"Go to hell," Randy snapped at her brother. She looked over at Miles. "I want a guys honest opinion. Do you like it like this?" she asked pointing to the calf length. "Or like this?" she asked as she tugged the skirt out of her mother's fingers and hiked it up about two inches above her knees.

Miles looked at her slender legs and then back up at her face. "Well if I said I liked it short, your father who is probably standing in this very room would kill me, and I like life. So, its better long," he said hastily as he looked over his shoulder at Duo.

"Good answer," Duo said warningly as he crossed his arms.

"Chicken," Randy muttered under her breath. "Are you almost finished mom?" she asked as she looked down.

"Yes, we're done. Just please don't shorten it again Randy," Hilde ordered.

"Yeah, yeah," Randy said as she unzipped the skirt in the back, letting it fall down around her ankles. She smoothed her hands over her faded cutoffs that she had been wearing under the skirt. "Where's Carin?" she asked Miles as she hopped off the stool.

"Dad grounded her for teaching Isabella how to drive," Miles replied as he leaned against the counter.

"She got grounded for that! Chris just got yelled at by mom and dad for teaching me at twelve," Randy said as she slipped trail runners on. "We were supposed to go to the beach today and just hang out."

"Miles can take you," Chris said slyly. "I'm sure that he wouldn't mind, would you, Miles?" he asked with a raised brow.

"I guess, I wouldn't mind," Miles said slowly as he glanced over at Duo. "If that's ok with you of course?" he asked Duo.

Duo looked at him for a moment, considering it. "Do I let my sixteen year old out with a nineteen year old? Do I trust him? No, not really." "That's fine. Have her home no later then ten," he said in a warning tone.

Randy smiled. "Good, let's go," she said as she grabbed onto his arm and pulled him out of the kitchen.

"Hold it," Duo said as he pulled Miles back into the kitchen. He looked Miles straight in the eye. "You do anything more then hold her hand or innocent touching, I will break your legs. I will make what Heero did to my son seem like nothing. Got that," he said in a low voice.

Miles nodded. "Got it," he replied as he swallowed nervously.

"Go on, she's probably waiting for you," Duo said as he let him go. He watched him leave the kitchen. He looked over his shoulder at the now silent kitchen. "What? Was that not harsh enough?"

"Duo, you threatened to break every bone in his body!" Hilde said as she got up off the kitchen floor. She went over and poked him in the chest.

"Yeah see what Heero did to me," Chris said as he nodded to his arm in the sling.

"My dad didn't break it. Be thankful he only dislocated it," Victoria said as she kissed his forehead.

"Yeah, he since he only caught me in bed with you," Chris said with a wry smile.

Duo looked down at his wife. "All I did was put the fear of Death into him."

"You're not supposed to be that harsh," Hilde said as she looked up at him.

"He's nineteen years old. I know what he's thinking. I was that age once," Duo explained.

"And what was that?" Hilde asked as she poked him in the chest again.

A slow smile crossed his face. "The same thing I'm doing now," he said as he threaded his fingers through her hair and planted a passionate kiss on her lips.

Jonathon, Chris, and Victoria rolled their eyes. "Get a room!" they yelled.

********************************************************* *********************

Miles ran his finger under the collar of his dark gold shirt as he walked out the front steps of the Maxwell's home. He looked at Randy leaning over, putting her bag in his convertible. "Does death have any meaning to you whatsoever? Then I would advise you to stop looking." His green eyes fell away from her slender thighs. He could see what the back of her white tee shirt said. It was the same one his sister had. It was the girls' soccer team's signature phrase, Just Suck It Up Baby! He chuckled at it.

Randy turned her head to look at Miles. "What?" she asked as she leaned against the car.

"Nothing. Just the saying on your shirt," he replied as he went over to her and opened the car door for her.

She slid in and looked up at him. "Oh the phrase, that was my idea. I had to promise Headmistress Conner not to strip off my shirt again and run around the field in a sports bra like when the team won the championships last year," she answered with a trademark Maxwell grin.

Miles climbed in next to her. He glanced over at her out of the corner of his eye. She had her head back on the seat with her eyes closed. "Why did I have to go for the girl that's the hardest to attain? She's sixteen. You're nineteen. Anything you would think of doing with her is considered illegal. And if her dad found out anything, he would kill you." He smiled at that thought as he drove down the curving driveway on their way to the beach.

Randy looked over at Miles. She smiled. She had seen his pale face when he came out of the house. "Leave it to dad to put the fear of Death in him. That's what he's supposed to do. He's a father and you're his only daughter and the baby. Yeah, and you also got your mother's looks. That would make him worry." She glanced over at Miles again. His russet hair blew in the wind and his sunglasses were perched on his nose. He was handsome, sexy, and smart. Exactly what she wanted. And what she wanted, she usually got too.

They finally arrived at the beach. He hopped out and ran to the other side to open the door for her. He grasped her hand in his and helped her out. He gave her a bow and a smile.

She laughed softly. "Thank you. Miles, you're quite the gentlemen," she said as she looked up at him. He was about the same height as her dad, but she wasn't short either. She stood at five foot eight and a half. Taller then her mother and all the other the other women she knew. She breathed in the sea air. "Nothing like the smell of the water to make you feel like running in and taking a swim," she said as she closed her eyes. She opened them again and looked up at Miles. "Don't you think so?"

Miles looked down into her cobalt eyes. He saw the flirtatiousness flicker in them. "Sure if the weather is hot enough," he replied softly as he raised her hand to his lips and kissed the back of it. He stared into her eyes as he did it.

Randy felt her skin tingle a little from the contact. She knew exactly what he meant by the comment. She had brothers. She grinned up at him. "I can see that you do," she said as she gave his hand a slight squeeze. She let go of his hand and leaned against the car. She pulled off her trail runners and dropped them inside the car. She walked out into the hot sand. "Well are you going to come or just stand there?" she asked as she looked over her shoulder at him.

He tugged off his boat shoes and dropped them inside his car as well. He followed her out onto the sand. He watched the enticing swing of her hips as she walked. "You're staring! Remember what Duo said. He would break your legs if you did anything more then holding her hand or innocent touching. Keep that in mind while you ogle her." He sighed and went over to the spot that she picked. It was up against the stone wall. She was already spreading a blanket down on the sand.

She looked over at him. She knew that he was staring at her. She brushed back a few strands of her midnight hair out of her face. And with every intent on driving him insane, she pulled her shirt over her head to reveal a black bikini. Her shorts followed to reveal the high cut bottoms that went with it. "I'll be down at the water," she said as she walked away, smiling broadly to herself at his open-mouthed expression.

Miles pushed his chin back up. His mouth was dry from seeing her strip down to practically nothing right in front of him. "Her dad would be justified in killing you right now." He had seen her in a bikini before, she wore them frequently, but this one was a lot skimpier then her other two she had. He ran his hand over her face. "Man, this is going to be a long day," he muttered as he sat down on the blanket. He leaned back against the stonewall and looked in the direction that she had gone in.

Randy walked out of the water. She was very aware of the looks that she received from the men, but she knew how to take care of an overzealous male. Her brothers and her father had made sure of that. She was good at hand to hand combat and under her father's guidance, she could almost shoot a gun as well him. She looked over at Miles. He appeared to be sleeping, but she couldn't really tell when those gorgeous green eyes of his were hiding behind his sunglasses. She walked up the sand, wringing her hair out the entire way back to the blanket. She picked up her towel and began to dry off. "Hey, are you asleep?" she asked as she nudged his foot with hers.

"No," he replied as he tipped his sunglasses down to look at her. He could see the water sliding down her neck, between her breasts, over her toned stomach. "Stop it, stop it, and stop it!"

She noted that he pushed the sunglasses back up his nose to hide his eyes again. She smiled and picked up her shirt pulling it on over her bikini. She sat down and leaned against the wall next to him. She reached in her bag and pulled out her sunglasses and a book. She leaned against his shoulder as she started reading.

Miles felt the pressure on his shoulder and he turned to look at her. He could no longer see her eyes and a book perched between her fingers. "What are you reading?" he asked.

Randy let her sunglasses slide down her nose so he could see her eyes. "War and Peace. It's a novel from the nineteenth century," she replied, showing him the cover.

His mouth dropped open. "You're reading a book like that!" he exclaimed. He was surprised that she would read something that old and that long.

"So, I need to keep my mind satisfied with something interesting. Those romance novels that your sister hordes are entertaining, but I need something a little more then that," she said as she pushed her sunglasses back up.

Miles blinked once. He knew that she was smart, very smart. If she could maneuver her way through a security system that Heero Yuy set up, she was damn near genius. He sighed and rolled his head against the stones.

Randy smiled to herself and went back to reading her book.

Hours seemed to have passed when Miles opened his eyes. The sun could barely be seen anymore on the horizon. The beach was deserted now, except for a few people walking along the waterline. He pushed up his glasses and glanced at Randy and only saw her legs. He looked up. She was sitting on the stonewall, with her sunglasses pushed up, looking out over the water. "Hey," he said as he tugged on her bare foot.

"Oh, you're awake," she said as she looked down at him. "You've been asleep for quite awhile," she said as she hopped down off the stonewall.

"Sorry," Miles replied as he looked over at her. He stretched his arms over his head. "So how far did you get in your book?" he asked as his hands dropped to his sides.

"Oh, about a quarter of the way. I read pretty fast," Randy, said matter of factly as she poked him in the ribs. "It's about six. Want to get something to eat?" she asked as she turned to look at him.

He could see the brilliance of her eyes, even in the semidarkness. "Yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind getting something," he said as he rubbed his stomach. I am a little hungry," he admitted.

"Then lets go," she said as she grasped his hand and tugged him upright. She put her book back in her bag. She slung it over her shoulder and stepped off the blanket, dusting off her shorts and her shirt. She propped her hand on her shapely hip. "Come on, Miles," she said as she wrinkled her nose at him.

"Man, she's cute when she does that." He got off the blanket and picked it up, shaking it free of any sand particles. He felt her hand slip into his again and pull him along to his car.

She dropped her stuff in the backseat and hopped over the door. She smiled up at him. "I may be a girl, but I like to be spontaneous," she said as she rested her chin on top of her hands as she looked up at him.

Miles grinned back at her and walked over to the other side. "Where do you want to get food?" he asked as he started up the car.

"Someplace good," Randy replied as she tugged on her shoes. "And don't worry about paying for me, I got my own money."

"Nope. I'll pay. I've always paid the way, even if the woman insisted. I treat all my dates to that courtesy," he said as he drove down the narrow streets.

"Oh this is a date, is it?" she asked, arching her brows up at him. "Did my dad lay down the rules for that or did he just threaten you by saying he would break your legs?" she asked impishly.

"Well…I mean…this is sort of a date. And your dad threatened to break my legs," Miles replied as he pulled in front of a small take out diner. He jumped out and ran over to the other side to help her.

Randy smiled as he grasped her hand and pulled her out. She held his hand as they went inside. She looked back out at the deep blue evening sky. "Miles, why don't we get takeout and go back to the beach," she said impulsively.

He gazed at her and shrugged. "Sure, if you want," he replied as he picked up the menu and flipped through it.

Once their order was ready, they went back to the beach and ate it on the stonewall. She hopped down, still sipping her large vanilla milkshake. She walked down to the water's edge, feeling the cold-water lap at her toes. She turned her head and looked at Miles. "Want to walk a little?" she called back to him.

Miles threw the trash in the receptacle. He had already finished his cream soda. He walked down to the water where she was. She was the prettiest thing he'd ever seen. "Two words for you. Jailbait!"He pushed that thought aside. "I wouldn't mind I guess," he said as he began to walk beside her. It was silent between them at first. The only sound was the water splashing about their ankles. He watched her out of the corner of his eye. "Can I ask you something?"

"What?" Randy replied as she glanced over at him.

"Why does your dad in particular, get all bent out of shape when you go out with a guy?" he asked as he looked up at the full moon that was gracing the sky.

She took a deep breath. "That's a long story, but it's easy to tell I suppose. Up front, I'm his only daughter and the baby. That would make him a little crazy. Another thing is, I look a lot like my mom. She's still a beautiful woman. And he can't help but look at me and see my mother, except for the eyes of course. He also knows what guys are thinking when they look at me. I mean, Chris was born when my mother was only twenty. That's young. And I know he was with women before my mother when he was fifteen and sixteen. That's the other thing," she said as she stopped and curled her toes in the sand.

"That seems reasonable," Miles, answered as he stopped to look at her. "But it seems weird that my dad doesn't get all uptight when Carin dates," he mused.

"Look at the guys she dates. She attracts a whole different set of guys then I do. I get all the hell raisers, while she gets the ones with the angels wings," Randy laughed. "I think its also because of that nickname Dominic crowned me with a few years ago too."

"And what's that?" he asked as he traced his foot in the sand.

"He called me Death's Handmaiden, although I couldn't really tell you why he gave me that. But it seems to attract all the bad boys in school to me when they hear it. Its probably a guy thing," she said as she started walking again. "And if you think about it, my mom said that my dad was more or less a bad boy. I must be attracting only those kinds."

Miles laughed as he walked beside her. "I could see how true that is! But it's funny that your dad would become the complete opposite when you got to the age when you could date."

"Did you ever hear about my first date?" she asked as she sipped her milkshake.

"No, what happened?" he asked curiously.

"Well it was to one of those formal dances that the school gives and I was asked to go by a guy named Bobby Arquette. His father is one of the representatives for the ESUN. That night I wore a dress that had belonged to my mother. I had always loved that dress. It was a magenta slip dress with black satin piping. There's a picture of her wearing it on her vanity. My dad's kissing her silly in too," she laughed again. "Well anyway this dress had a diagonal hemline. One side was mid calf length while the other side went as high as my mid thigh. The back went just below the middle of my back and the neckline came to the middle of my breastbone. When I came down the steps wearing it, my dad's mouth fell open in shock. Bobby was already there with a bouquet of white roses. His eyes nearly bugged out of his head."

Miles laughed as he imagined her father's expression. He also felt a twinge of jealousy for the guy that took her.

"My dad looked like he wanted to kill Bobby for even looking at me. My mom luckily calmed him down enough for us to go. He drove a vintage corvette with the top down. The dance was nice, but the real kicker was just about to come. When he drove me home, it was about eleven thirty. The house was all dark when we pulled up. He had his arm resting behind me. I thanked him for a wonderful evening and he asked for a kiss. I wasn't shocked. He was a nice guy, but I didn't like him that much to kiss him. I told him to kiss my cheek and just about he was to do so, I heard a very loud, very audible click and my dad's voice."

"What did he say?" Miles asked, only imaging what he would say.

"Dad said this, "Kiss her and regret it." I swear Bobby's face went white. My dad came out of the shadows of the porch with his shotgun. I couldn't help but start laughing at the entire thing. It was so funny watching Bobby's face get whiter by the second as my dad stepped off the porch. He let me out of the car. I said goodnight to Bobby outside of the car with my dad pointing a shot gun at him," she broke into laughter again. "And since then, I haven't really dated all that much because Bobby told all the guys at school what happened."

He laughed out loud at the story. "Man, your father sounds more dangerous then Heero when it come to daughters."

"Well you saw what Heero did to Chris. He dislocated his shoulder. He was very, very lucky," Randy said as she looked out at the water. "My dad is just being overprotective."

"And downright maniacal," Miles said as he pushed up a pile of sand with his foot.

"That's probably very true too. I guess he wasn't called the God of Death for nothing," she replied as she walked a little ways into the water and let it lap around her ankles.

He looked at her with the moon shining down on them. She looked like an angel, but she was really an imp. The light reflected in her hair, making it gleam softy and gave her pale skin an ethereal glow. "Damn! I know she's jailbait, but I would like so much to kiss those pretty lips of hers."

They walked back from the water and sat on the beach in silence. Randy observed him out of the corner of her eye. His facial features clearly belonged to his father, except his smile. His smile was his mother's. She loved his eyes. They were mysterious and so easy to get lost in. And he had a body that she wouldn't mind putting her hands on. "You've been hanging around your brothers too much. Those salacious little thoughts that run through your head when you look at Miles are a product of being surrounded by girl crazy brothers."

Miles watched her too. He knew that she liked him. And she knew that he liked her. Her father was a problem. Duo. Big problem. He sighed and stretched out his legs in front of him. He glanced at his watch. "Holy shit! It's eleven, your dad told me ten!" he almost shouted. "Come on, I have to get you home," he said as he grasped her wrist and pulled her up. He started running but he didn't let go of her hand. "I'm dead. I know it," he said under his breath as they approached his car.

********************************************************* *********************

Duo paced back and forth, staring at the clock on the bedside table in the master bedroom.

"Duo, please stop, you're going to wear the carpet down in that spot if you keep that up," Hilde said exasperatedly as she turned off the bathroom light and came into the room.

He stopped momentarily. "It's eleven. I told Miles ten," he snapped as he started pacing again.

"Stop it!" she exclaimed as she got in his path, making him come to a halt. "You're being irrational. Randy probably forgot the time. Her and Miles always talk a lot. They probably lost track of time."

"Lost track of time my ass," Duo growled as he tried to walk around her, but she kept on stepping in his way. "You know what I was doing at his age at this time of night," he said as he looked at Hilde.

"I know Duo. I was there remember," Hilde replied with more exasperation. "But she's sixteen. He wouldn't do anything."

"Right and I mastered Wing Zero," he snorted sarcastically.

She shoved her hair up in frustration. "Good Lord, Duo, calm down!"

Duo narrowed his eyes on his wife's face, but said nothing.

Hilde pursed her lips and propped her hands on her hips. A thought came into her head. She smiled up at him. "Come on, baby, look at me," she said as she trailed her hand up his arm. If she couldn't talk him out of this mood, she would seduce him out of it. She trailed her nails along his the back of his neck. "Please, Duo," she said as she stood on tiptoe and kissed his chin.

His eyes went back to her, taking in the satin nightshirt, the color of old pearls. He felt the tingles running down his spine as her nails raked over his skin. He closed his eyes as she kissed his chin. He could feel her warm little body pressing against his. His arms slipped around her waist automatically. "Babe," he said.

"Hmm," she replied impishly as she looked up at him. She could see the flicker of desire in his eyes.

Duo leaned down and pressed his mouth against hers. He could never resist her.

Hilde smiled, glad that her ploy had worked. She wrapped her arms about his neck as he carried her over to the bed. He leaned over her as they continued their heated kiss.

********************************************************* *********************

Miles drove up the driveway, his heart pounding with some fear. He knew what Duo could do to him. He gulped and looked over at Randy. She was smiling softly as the wind blew threw her hair. "Your home," he said quietly as his eyes scanned the porch. His eyes fell on light from the upstairs window. But he couldn't see anyone. He let out a small sigh of relief. "I had a nice time, Randy," he said as he turned and looked at her.

"I had a nice day too," Randy said as she returned his smile. "But you know what would make it better?" she asked as she looked into his eyes.

"What?" he asked as he blinked to keep himself from getting lost in her eyes.

"If you kissed me," she announced boldly.

"If I what! Your father would kill me!" Miles exclaimed as he moved away from her.

"Well what he doesn't know won't hurt him," Randy pointed out.

He shook his head. "That may be true, but…"

"Miles, shut up!" she said as she leaned forwards and pressed her lips against his. She moved her lips softly against his before pulling away. "Good night Miles," she said as she got out of the car and walked up the steps of the porch and slowly and quietly slipped inside.

Miles stared after her. His lips were tingling from the contact with hers. She had kissed him. He ran his tongue over his lips, tasting the hint of vanilla from her milkshake on them. "Or maybe that's just her. Sweet and innocent." He shook his head and a wide grin crossed his lips. "Hope that's not the last time," he said as he turned around and sped down the driveway.

********************************************************* *********************

Duo's head popped up when he heard a car door slam. "She's home," he said as he got off the bed and went to look out the window. He could see the taillights of Miles' convertible going down the driveway.

Hilde sighed and raised herself off of her elbows. Her nightshirt was half unbuttoned. "Dammit," she muttered under her breath. "Come away from the window," she said as she rolled to her stomach, looking at her husband.

He heard the front door open and close. And the soft sounds of footsteps coming up the stairs. He glanced at his wife and then back at the closed bedroom door. He went for the door. He opened it to see Randy sneaking down the hall. "Hold it right there young lady," she said as he walked out in to the hall.

"Shit!" "Hi, dad, sorry I'm late. Good night now," she said as she tried to walk off, only to be brought up short by his hand grasping her wrist.

"Where were you?" Duo asked as he looked at his daughter. "You know what time it is?"

"Yeah, I know. It's after eleven. We were still on the beach, talking. We lost track of time, honest," she said as she gave him a sweet smile and crossed her fingers behind her back. She took in her father's dress. His shirt was unbuttoned and his hair was mused. She raised a brow. "And what were you doing dad?"

"None of your business. Don't try to change the subject, Randy," Duo said sternly. "You talked for all this time?"

"Well sort of. We sat on the beach. I went swimming, while he sat on the towel. I read and he slept. Then he took me out to dinner and we ate it on the beach and took a walk. All innocent," she said as she pressed a kiss on his cheek. "Now go back to bed, dad, I'm sure mom wants you back there," she said knowingly as she gave him a brief hug and went down the hall to her room.

Duo stood there. "Dammit! She got out of telling me what I wanted to know! What is it with the women in this house, always getting their way!" he muttered as he watched her door close. He looked over his shoulder at his room. Hilde was probably annoyed now that he left her. He chuckled. "Well let's just see if I can change that," he said as he sauntered back to his room and to soothe the feathers of his ruffled wife.

********************************************************* *********************

Randy plopped down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling. She smiled broadly. "Thank you Miles for that wonderful kiss," she whispered. "And I hope I get the opportunity to kiss you again too," she said as she laughed to herself and started getting ready for bed.

There will be more to come soon, so stay tuned for more upset Duo, devilish Randy, and a not so innocent Miles!