Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil With A Blue Dress On (Part Five of the Family Sagas) ❯ Part Eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them, except for the kids!

Devil With A Blue Dress On, Part 11

Miles flopped back on the dirty floor. "Finally! I'm all done the work in the shop!" A relieved smile crossed his face. He had never been so happy in his entire life. He glanced at his watch. It was ten of six. "Ten more minutes of this hell and then I can go home," he said gleefully.

Duo smirked at Miles, who hadn't noticed that he had come in. He would admit that he was impressed by the boy's determination. It showed that he had backbone. And when you were dealing with the devil like him, one had to have it. "So, are you ready to leave and complete the last task?" he asked, as he leaned against the doorframe.

Miles sat up and looked over his shoulder at Duo. He knew what the last part of the tasks was. He would have to take a written test as well. "Don't you want to inspect what I've done?" he asked as he stood up.

"Why not," Duo replied as he walked around the equipment that Miles had fixed. He nodded his head approvingly. "Not to bad for also being at my beck and call for the past four days."

Miles let out a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you think so," he said, watching Duo look over everything. He cracked his knuckles absently. "So what exactly is going to be on the second part of my testing?"

Duo looked up at him and shrugged. "Oh a number of things. Plenty of questions, but I won't tell you what's on it. Don't want to give it away," he said giving Miles a smile.

A slight chill went down Miles's spine when he saw that smile. "Are you finished so we can go?" he asked.

"Eager aren't you?" Duo asked, smirking a little. "Yeah, I'm ready to go," he said as he walked out of the shop towards the Suburban.

Miles locked the door behind him as he followed Duo out. He climbed into the SUV next to him, wondering what was in store for him when he arrived at the Maxwell residence. "It would be so like him to put some difficult questions on that test. The man is more then the devil incarnate, he actually is the devil."

Duo smiled to himself. He had stayed awake most of last night, thinking of questions to put on paper for Miles to answer. Hilde had rolled her eyes at him when she rolled over and looked at him last night. He had even asked her for input but she shook her head and told him that this was his idea; he would have to do it himself. He watched the scenery in front of him as he drove back to his home. He was hungry for one and he wanted to relax. Thinking of ways to make Miles absolutely miserable was tiring. "In a way I'm glad that Hilde didn't have a father around to do this to me or else I would have gotten nowhere with her. He probably wouldn't have let me near her within a ten mile radius." He had to chuckle at that. Not like it didn't take awhile for Hilde to completely trust him. And he understood why she had waited until his eighteenth birthday to gift him with her virginity, but up until that point she still slept in the same bed as him. It was almost a test within itself to see if he could sleep next to her without having his hands roaming. Which he passed with a great deal of effort and more cold showers then he had thought possible. And in a way he was glad that he had to work for it. Too many girls just fell into bed with him and he hadn't wanted the woman that he loved to fall into the same category. He stole a glance at Miles and smirked. "Miles has it easy as well. Too many girls are willing to fall into bed with him. I'm going to make sure that my daughter is not one of them. My sons have it easy too, but Chris and Victoria are crazy about each other even when they're trying to kill each other. Jonathon dates a different girl every week, even though he's infatuated with Leigh, and David is dating Kellie. Wonder how good old Zechs is reacting to that!"

Miles was the first to get out of the Suburban when it arrived at Duo's home. He followed the older man around the back of the garage where there was music blasting from the other garage. His eyes widened when he saw that Randy was washing her Jeep in a pair of very faded cutoffs and a bikini top. "Damn she looks good. Better not let Duo see that you're drooling or else it's your ass." He quickly looked over at Duo, who was eyeing him. He shrugged and walked quickly through the back gate to the kitchen door. "Hi, Randy," he called over his shoulder, not wanting to look at her again, afraid if he did, he would toss care to the wind and kiss her silly right in front of her father.

**************************************************************** **************

Randy watched Miles as he passed. She saw him keep his head down and his eyes averted. A slight smile touched her lips as she glanced back at her dad. "Hello, Miles," she called back, almost laughing when all he did was shake his head to show that he had heard her. The kitchen door closed with a soft slam. "You did this on purpose," she said accusingly, arching a brow at her dad.

"Who? Me?" Duo replied innocently, giving Randy an angelic smile that would usually work on Hilde as well.

"Don't pull that crap, dad, I know it was. You can't fool me anymore then you can fool mom," she snorted as she turned the hose off.

Her remark made him laugh heartily. "Can't pull the wool over your eyes either. Damn that smile would usually work on your mother."

"That was before I knew what you were capable of when you gave me that smile," answered Hilde, leaning against the gatepost.

Duo took in the sight of his wife. She was wearing a sleeveless blue button down shirt with jeans and black slide sandals. Her hair was pulled up into a bun on the top of her head with strands of ebony touching her cheeks. She was a pretty package and she was all his. "But you love me anyway," he said, giving her a puppy dogface.

Hilde rolled her eyes. "Well come on hurry up. I made hamburgers for dinner," she said turning on her heel and going back into the kitchen.

Duo looked after her and then looked back at his daughter. "You'll be in soon?"

"Yes, I'll be in," Randy replied, stifling her laughter behind her hand at the exchange between her parents. She watched her dad left her alone in the driveway. She smiled wryly and smoothed her hands over her attire. She went over and picked up the shirt she had thrown over the fence post and pulled it on. She would let her Jeep dry in the setting sun. She walked in bare feet on the stone path that led to the kitchen door. Once inside she could smell the tantalizing aroma of well-grilled beef. She looked over at Miles, who was sitting in the chair, sipping out of his glass of water. "Dad must have worked him really hard again today. I'm so glad that this is finally over."

Miles heard Randy come in, but he didn't look up at her. He could see her bare feet as she walked across the linoleum flooring and went over to the pantry. He could see the deep red nail polish on her toes. "I wonder if her feet are ticklish?" He choked back his laughter from that thought.

Randy looked over her shoulder at Miles curiously. She saw that he was looking at the floor grinning to himself. "I wonder why he has that grin on his face for?"

************************************************************** ****************

Dinner was soon over. Too quickly for Miles, who was half dreading and half anticipating on what kinds of questions he had to answer.

"Are you ready to take your test, Miles?" Duo asked as he pushed his chair away from the table.

Miles swallowed. "Yes, I'm ready," he replied as he followed Duo out of the kitchen to the study. He glanced once over his shoulder at Randy and Hilde. Both women gave him a sympathetic smile. He swallowed again as he sat down on the couch.

Duo printed out the test from the computer, grinning as he handed it to Miles. "Take as long as you need to complete this," he replied as he also gave Miles a pencil. He started to leave the room. "Oh and good luck Miles," he said over his shoulder as he closed the door behind him. He leaned against the door and chuckled.

************************************************************** ****************

Miles looked down at the test in his hands. It consisted of twenty questions. He sighed as he carefully began to read them and fill them out.

FULL NAME: Miles Triton Barton AGE: 19 HEIGHT: 6'3" WEIGHT: 198lbs.

BLOOD TYPE: B+ DATE OF BIRTH: April 1, A.C 201When did you start dating? 15 How many girls have you dated? More then two dozen When did you lose your virginity? 17

He paused briefly at the next question. "The man doesn't beat around the bush does he?" he muttered under his breath as he tapped the eraser end on the paper. "How should I answer this one?"How many girls have you slept with? Between six and ten Were those girls' blonds, brunettes, red heads, etc? Most of them were brunettes. Were any of those girls virgins? No. Have any of those girls ever come back and claimed that you were the father of a child? No. What has been the longest time you've stayed with one girl? Six months. Did you cheat on her?

Rereading question nine made him cringe. He wasn't going to lie, but he really didn't want Duo to know that. "Unfortunately for you Miles, you don't have much of a choice," he said to himself as he put the pencil back to the paper.Did you cheat on her? Yes. I was drunk though. What is my daughter's full name? Miranda Elizabeth Maxwell. How old is she? 16, she's three years younger then me. When did you start noticing her? When I came home from college this summer. She looked prettier then I remembered. I couldn't believe how much she really changed since the last time I saw her. How many times have you kissed her? I didn't keep count.

Cringing again, he sighed, "I'm being truthful at least."Have you ever fantasized about her? Well, you won't kill me if I say yes, will you? Do you want to sleep with my daughter?

"Man, this sucks! If I say yes, he'll kill me," he gritted out. He chewed on the end of the pencil. "But I'm not going to lie either."Do you want to sleep with my daughter? I would be lying if I said no. But she wears a chastity ring and I won't touch her. Would you fight for her, die for her, etc.? Yes. Do you love her? Yes, I love her. I would do anything for her. I don't know how it happened. I just fell like a rock for Randy. Do you know what would happen to you if you hurt her? Yes, you would probably have my head on a silver platter after you've broken every bone in my body. Your sons would probably help too. Do you have medical coverage, just in case of any event that you hurt her? Yes.

I, of sound mind and body, proclaim that every answer on this questionnaire is answered truthfully and to the best of my ability. Any untruthful answer will be dealt with accordingly. And until these replies are reviewed, I will not have any contact with Miranda Elizabeth until further notice. And if that rule is not complied with, the giver of the test has the right to revoke any contact with her and to make good on his promise to break every bone in the applicant's body.

SIGNATURE: Miles Triton Barton DATE: Aug. 17, A.C 220

Miles sighed and put down the test. "Man, I hope I never have to go through that again. I swear the man is more sadistic then I give him credit for." He went over to the door and opened it. He walked out with the test in hand. He poked his head into the kitchen, where he heard voices. He saw Duo sitting on the chair with Hilde on his lap, talking quietly. He cleared his throat. "I'm finished," he announced.

Duo looked over at him. "Oh so you are," he said with a smirk. "Bring it over here, I don't want to make Hilde move."

Hilde rolled her eyes at Duo as Miles came over and handed the test to her. She hadn't seen the questions that Duo had put on it. She read some of them and gave him an incredulous look. "Duo these are…"

Duo gave Hilde a smile. "I know, very personal. They had to be."

Miles gritted his teeth a little. "Is there anything else I need to do before I go home?" he asked, trying his best not to glare at him.

Duo's smirk returned at the effort the young Barton was making not to choke him. "No that's all," he replied as he gave the test a quick scan. He looked back up at Miles. "This is fine. I'll look over it once you're gone. And I'll give you my answer as soon as possible."

He nodded. "All right then. I'll be waiting for your reply," he said as he picked up his keys from the counter. "Night, Hilde," he said, giving her a nod, "Duo," he said as he walked out the door.

****************************************************************** ************

Hilde turned and looked at Duo. "Duo, those questions were very personal. I don't know why you even had to ask some of them," she said in exasperation.

"They're for me to make a decision on whether or not I should let our underage daughter go out with a nineteen year old male," he stated as he began reading the test with his arms still wrapped around her.

"But Duo didn't Miles going to work with you prove anything?" she asked putting her hand over the test.

"It did and it didn't. That was to see how much of crap he would take from me. He had to take it all. He knew what would happen if he didn't. The test was for more personal things, I want to know exactly what he's done in the past and how he'll treat Randy if I let him date her," Duo said as he removed Hilde's hand from the paper. He continued to look at the answers. "My, my he really was a Romeo wasn't he," he chuckled softly. "Sounds a lot like me."

Hilde looked down and read some of the answers as well. "Yup they sound like you all right," she said wryly.

"Hey!" he protested when he heard the wry tone in her voice. "Remember once I got you I never even looked at another woman again," he said as he nuzzled her neck. "You're the one I chose above them all. I married you and I love you more then ever."

She sighed as she felt his words against her neck. "I love you too," she replied as she pressed a kiss on the top of his head. "And yes, you married me, but not before you chased everything in sight."

"Babe, I was a horny teenager and I did chase a lot of girls. But none of them ever meant more then you. Remember, I always came home to you every night. And you're the only woman I've told I loved her," Duo said solemnly as he rubbed his one finger over her wedding band. "Why are you getting all depressed on me all of a sudden?" he asked turning his attention away from the test and looking up into her flawless face. There were some lines here and there, but they were hardly discernable to him.

"I don't know. I'm just…" Hilde started to say, but she looked away from the intensity of his cobalt eyes. "It just brings back some unpleasant memories that's all."

"Of the other girls," he said, laying the test on the table. He reached up and grasped her chin gently between his fingers, so she would look at him. "Baby, I know I probably broke your heart so many times then. And I am sorry for every time that I did. I will always be sorry for that. But you're the one that I love. You've been the woman who's owned my heart and soul since I met you even if it did take me two years to admit it to myself and to you," he said as he smoothed his thumb over her lips. "Believe me I would walk to hell and back for you. I would do anything for you. That's why I'm doing this to Miles. I don't want Randy's heart to get broken the way I broke yours so many times. I want to make sure that Miles loves her as much as he says he does. I want him to treat her better then I had treated you," he said leaning up a little and placing a light kiss on her lips.

Hilde placed her arms around his neck and hugged him close. She knew he meant what he said. It wasn't often that he would express what he was really feeling with words. And when he did, it made her love him all the more. "I understand, Duo," she said as she felt his hands rub up and down her back. "Just don't be so hard on him for his answers. He answered truthfully like you wanted him too."

"I won't. I'll be as fair as I can be," Duo replied against her neck. He pressed another kiss on her smooth skin before leaning away. He looked up into her thickly fringed cornflower eyes. "Why don't you get me some dessert while I look this over, okay babe?"

She sighed and kissed his forehead. "Always thinking about food," she said as she got up off his lap. She felt a firm smack on her rear end. She turned and tried to give him a glare, but it turned into an adoring look when he smiled back unrepentantly.

Duo looked back down at the test. He arched a brow when he looked at the reply for question number nine. And he couldn't help but scowl a little when he read the replies for questions fifteen and sixteen. "At least he's honest," he muttered under his breath.

Hilde went back over to him and set the bowl of French vanilla ice cream in front of him. She noted his scowl and looked at the questions he was reading. She looked at him. "Well you did ask," she pointed out as she sat back down on his lap again.

"Doesn't mean I have to like it," he replied tightly.

"Duo, stop complaining and eat," she sighed as she stuck a spoonful of ice cream in his open mouth.

***************************************************************** *************

Randy sat in front of her computer, typing in a program that she knew would improve security for the Yuy household since she seemed to crack it every time. The glow of the screen reflected off of her glasses. For years she hadn't needed them, but in the past two, she finally had to get them. She spent a great deal of time in front of a computer and the eyestrain had finally caught up to her. She sighed as she scratched her nose with her nails. She heard Miles leave. She looked out the window as he climbed into his convertible. He seemed to pause for a moment and rest his head on the steering wheel. She smiled a little. "I love you, Miles."

Miles felt someone's eyes on him when he sat in his car. He looked up and saw her looking at him from her window. He tilted his head towards her to show that he had noticed. He looked around him quickly and got out of the car once again. He walked over to a tree that was outside her one window. The only thing was, the tree could be seen from the kitchen windows. He peered in and saw Duo and Hilde deep in conversation and with speed; he climbed up the tree and walked effortlessly on a branch towards her window. She had pushed it up and she was leaning out. "Hey," he said, resting his arms on the sill.

"Hey yourself," she replied. "I'm glad that you won't have to do anymore testing."

"So am I," he said, tugging on a lock of her hair that escaped her ponytail.

"Well just pray that my dad says yes after all of this," Randy said, pushing her glasses back up on her nose.

Miles tilted his head a little and looked at her. "You know this is the first time I've seen you wear glasses."

"Yeah, I had to get them because of the time I spend looking at a computer monitor. That's why my mom had to start wearing them too," she said as she finally took them off and let them dangle from her fingers.

"You look cute with them," he said, giving her a grin. He looked back down at the light flooding the grass from the kitchen. "Look I probably have to go now. I liked being able to talk to you without feeling like your dad will kill me for doing so," he said rubbing her cheek with the back of his hand. "Well I hope to see you tomorrow night at the Festival."

"You're not jealous that your brother asked me to go with him, are you?" Randy asked as she looked into his green eyes.

"Naw, that's all right. I am a little jealous that he's always seemed to have such easy access to you when I have to work so hard to do so. But I want you to have fun tomorrow night and not worry about me. Who knows, your dad might hand me an answer then," he sighed. "But I have to go now." He leaned away from the sill and stood up straight.

"Miles, wait," she called softly.

Miles turned around and looked at her. The moon made her light skin glow and her eyes sparkle. "Yes?"

"Good night," Randy said as she leaned out of her window a little and kissed him.

It was a long sweet kiss. He lifted his mouth away from hers. He smiled. "I love you, Randy," he whispered.

"Love you too," she said as she watched him walk along the branch and slide down the trunk. She continued to watch as he climbed back into his car and speed away. She sighed and closed her window. "Please say yes, dad," she said to herself before she sat back down in front of her computer.

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long for me to get this out. I've been real busy with work and all. So I hope you guys like this installment and stay tuned for the night of the Festival coming up next! XOXOX!