Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mea Culpa ❯ Confession 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Mea Culpa

Confession Four

By Devon Masterson

 

AN: The language in this one gets a bit bold in this chapter 6.6;

Heero sat at his computer working while keeping a watchful eye on the toddler playing on the blanket with her favorite giraffe. A gentle breeze wafted in making it pleasantly cool. From time to time he would smile to himself as he watched her play contently on the floor. She was so beautiful and he would protect her and Victoria forever now that they had reconciled. Even if they had not gotten back together, he would found away whether he had to move wherever they went and stalk in the shadows or kidnap the two of them and keep them some place.

"Baby," she smiled as she hugged her giraffe.

"Giraffe," he corrected.

Andrea looked toward Heero and raised an eyebrow. "Baby," she said again then laid on her back waving the animal in the air.

Heero coughed to keep from laughing. She must have seen Victoria do that at some point. Andrea seemed to have a lot of Trowa and Victoria's traits in her behavior and he found it amusing. He loved the toddler and her interesting hang-ups. He cleared his throat again as he felt Roger moving from his usual resting spot atop of Heero's head. Little brown nose and eyes peered at him from upside down as if trying to figure out his amusement, then climbed onto the floor to see for itself.

Roger crawled over to Andrea curiously then jumped away as she sat up. She frowned as she looked from the ferret to the giraffe trying to establish a connection. She put the giraffe down and reached for ferret. "Baby."

Heero began to raise from his chair. He knew Roger was temperamental and he did not want to explain to Victoria if Andrea was scratched. His concern started to grow as Roger tried to pull from the young girl's embrace and hissed at her. Green eyes widened then narrowed at the animal as it raised its claws as if to strike. She hissed back at the animal and Roger stilled as if confused. "Hmm." Heero said taking Roger from her and placing him on his head then kneeling down. He sighed as he heard uncontrollable laughter from behind him. "Are you okay, A-chan?" he asked softly.

Andrea smiled. "Daddy." She stood and gave Heero a hug.

"Finally someone who can tame that thing," Duo replied still laughing. He walked over and placed a box on the floor. "Here you are baby girl, it's from Uncle Wufei," he said before sitting on the floor.

Andrea dropped her giraffe and toddled over to the pretty box then dragged it over to Duo. She got comfortable in his lap then started to tear off little pieces of the paper. "Andi, you're taking too long. How about I help you?" He tore a big piece of paper off the box and inside was a stuffed lion with a huge fury mane.

"Baby," she smiled and hugged it.

"How did you mission go?" Heero asked as he watched Andrea play in Duo's lap.

"It went pretty much like clockwork, except this guy pulled my braid and it really hurt," Duo answered. He was still miffed about the whole thing.

"Hmm."

"I knew you would say that," Duo replied then shook his head. He was glad to be hanging around again, this was the way it should be. "Any messages from my admirers?"

Heero smiled, he had been waiting for this. "Your mother called and wants you to call right away."

"Geez, don't get all happy about it," Duo commented. He didn't have anything against his mother, he had just been dreading talking to her since he found the truth. He did not want things to be different between them. He walked over to the vid phone not noticing that it blinking because of a call in cue.

"Victoria…" the Countess's sentence trailed at seeing her son's face. "Duo, when did you get back?"

"I just got in a little bit ago," he answered somewhat awkwardly. "I am still the same," he told himself. "So what have you been up to good lookin?'"

"You are so fresh darling," she commented smiling. She was glad that his humor was still in good supply, but she could tell that he was still adjusting to the knowledge. "Well I was calling to talk to Victoria and check up on my little granddaughter, but I did need to speak with you. I am glad you came back when you did, darling, what are you doing on the week of the twenty second of next month?"

Duo scratched his head for a moment trying to think. He was never one to really plan then he remembered the film festival was that week and he still had to get tickets. With everything going on, it slipped his mind. It was probably too late to get some if he went the legit route, he would figure something out. It was amazing how four months could just slip by. "I was thinking you and I would go to the Sundance Film Festival."

"Oh?" she asked curiously. "Do you have tickets yet?"

"No, but I am working on it," he answered.

"That means you are available to go to the festival with me for your birthday."

"My birthday?" he asked almost incredulously. "You're taking me to the film festival for my birthday? I love you, mom."

The Countess grinned. "I thought you would approve," she said then shifted the subject. "Sweetheart?"

Duo looked at her suspiciously. He knew something was about to be up judging from her face, he knew that look. It was his patented `I am about to be sneaky' look. "Yes?"

"I want to throw you a party. Just a small one. I've never spent a birthday with you before and the film festival takes place before your birthday. I thought it would be a good chance for you to meet some people and spend time with the family."

"No parties," Duo replied emphatically. He had an idea what it would be like…some sort of political function except he would be the center of everything. Being scrutinized by a bunch of snobs was not his idea of celebrating his birthday, now that he knew when it was.

The Countess raised an eyebrow. "Son," she said almost lowly. Duo could feel his resolve shrinking as she stared him with intense eyes. Now, he knew what Victoria would get nervous about. He could not let it get to him. He was going to stand his ground.

"Mom," he replied.

Her countenance softened seeing that entire desired effect was not accomplished. She would attack him another way. She was determined to unify her family and force him and them to adapt to the situation. Another method would simply have to be employed. Her eyes grew big as tears seemingly threatened. "I only wanted you to spend time with the family, but I understand if you still need time. It has only been four months and you are the only one hurting from everything that went on. Take all the time you need." She sniffled.

"Geez, I can't believe she's doing this to me." Duo could feel his heart and resolve softening. It was only a party and he would to face the rest of the tribe that was his family eventually, might as well face the firing squad early and head on. "What day is my birthday party?" he sighed.

The Countess smiled in victory. "On your birthday, twenty-fifth."

"Cool," he said half-heartedly. He had been bamboozled and he knew it.

mcmc

"She's evil, Quatre!" Duo exclaimed as he jumped on the couch.

The blond Arabian said nothing, but sipped his tea to keep from laughing. "I'm sure it won't be that bad."

"She deliberately pushed my buttons. She tried to intimidate me and it almost work then gave me the look."

"What look?" Quatre asked curiously.

"You know, my `sleep with me I'm a virgin this time' looks except said this one said `please, Duo do it or I'll cry.'" Quatre could not hold it any longer. He put his tea down and doubled over in laughter. "Oh sure laugh, Quatre. It's a powerful look. Do you know how often I have gotten laid with that look? It changes lives."

"I'm sorry, Duo," Quatre said in between laughs then placed his hand on his chin as if trying to be thoughtful.

Duo saw through his attempt and threw a pillow at him. He was disgusted when Quatre caught it and covered his face with it as more laughter escaped him. "You're just as bad as Heero you know that. He laughed and said I was amusing. Fine friends you two turned about to me. Laugh at a man when he's down."

"You know we will be there by your side," Quatre comforted as he sat up. He was much better this time.

"Well at least I won't be suffering alone," Duo replied glaring at the Quatre then stood. "I'm going out. I'd ask you to hang about, but I don't know if you'll break out into fits of laughter. You might hurt yourself."

"Are you going to use the look and change someone's life?" he asked before covering his face with the pillow again.

Violet eyes narrowed into slits. "You're twisted." He left the room. He didn't see what was so damn funny. It seemed like his life was a big joke lately and Quatre and Heero were yuking it up. It wasn't fair. "Man, it's supposed to be the other way around."

"This sucks," he said out loud as he hopped on his bike. He put his helmet over his head then sped off. What he needed was a stiff drink and some female company. "It is a Saturday night. The best women are always at the Abyss," he thought as the world whizzed by him in a blur. The Abyss was the perfect place for him to get lost in. There he would find what he needed.

"What's up man?" he asked sometime later as he cut to the front of the line.

"Duo," the bouncer greeted, "Where have you been? Some girls been asking about you." He winked.

"I've been around," Duo answered. He could imagine there were a couple of ladies wondering when he was going to get up with them again. He went on a third date with a couple of them just before the Countess got sick and his life got turned around.

"Shacked up with some chick?" the bouncer asked curiously as he elbowed Duo as if he wanted details.

Duo smirked. "You know the rule, Hiei, three dates, three screws, no exceptions. It's a very old method perfected over the years."

"Then you must be on the prowl for fresh meat," he laughed as he opened the door for the braided man, "happy hunting."

"You know it," he replied as he walked inside. A few heads turned and a couple of feminine greetings flew towards him over the music, but they were only met with a smile. Been there, done that, excellent quality. There were so many ladies that got boring after a few dates and they were the hardest to get rid of. He always knew after an hour, but he gave them the benefit of the doubt. Ami seemed to be the exception. He was probably too hasty in his judgement, but she would be his experiment.

"I think I found my toy for the evening," a blond yelled to her friend as she leaned closer to her and pointed. "Or at least my midnight snack."

"You are so crude, Mimi," Ami scolded not even looking in the direction that her friend pointed in. She had too much on her mind right now. She was worried about Duo, a lot had been dumped on his plate when she met him. She knew it was stupid to worry about someone that seemed to be so full of himself and that she hardly knew, but she was. He was important to Evelyn and she saw a glimpse of a serious side of him that most people probably did not get to see. Then there were his eyes. The were the most fantastic shade of violet she had ever seen. She felt like they could peer into her soul. Of course, it did not help that she strongly attracted to him. He was not the kind of guy she would normally go for, but there was something about him besides his good looks.

"Are you in there?" Mimi asked waving her hand in front of Ami's face.

"I'm sorry," she replied coming out of her reverie.

"I bet you were think about Dion again," Mimi accused. "You have to get over it. Before him you used to be fun to hang out with and dare I say a closet wild woman. You probably don't even remember what a dick looks like."

Ami flushed slightly. "I remember what it looks like." She was starting to become annoyed with the content of the conversation. Dion was the furthest thing from her mind, but she was not about to tell her about Duo and let her start harping on that.

"I'm talking about one attached to man that's still alive," she replied. "You haven't had sex since you and Dion broke up. And that was over a year ago! I don't how you can stand it. You're practically a vir…a vir…"

Ami rolled her eyes. "A Virgin?" she supplied. Mimi was so over dramatic.

Mimi nodded. "You're my best friend and I'm going to help you," she replied grabbing Ami's wrist and pulling her away from the table.

"Mimi?"

"The cutie that just came in is exactly what the doctor ordered or at least you should have," she commented.

"Mimi!" Ami exclaimed as she struggled within her grasp. This was so embarrassing.

"You'll thank me for this later," she smiled, "besides I'm sacrificing for you."

Ami said nothing as they approached the dance floor. This club would be yet another place she would be avoiding for the next couple of months. Her eyes widened as she saw a gorgeous guy dressed in black. She pulled her wrist from Mimi. "I talk to him alone."

Mimi's blue eyes widened as she smiled. "That's the Ami-chan I remember. Good luck and I'll be close by." A guy tapped her on the shoulder and she waved as she was led away.

"I need a drink," Ami thought. She looked to her left and saw a guy making his way to the dance floor after coming from the bar. She walked over to him. "Here," she replied handing him five hundred yen and taking his drink. She downed the drink quickly then wrinkled her nose. "That was strong."

"I had the bartender make my special mix," he answered looking her over. "Wanna dance?"

"Maybe later," she smiled feeling warm. That had been her fourth drink of her night and she was starting to feel the effects. She turned towards the dance floor as a good song started to play. Her body started to gyrate to the rhythm of "Deeper and Deeper" by Madonna. It was one of her favorite classic songs.

 

I can't help falling in love

I fall deeper and deeper the further I go

Kisses sent from heaven above

They get sweeter and sweeter the more that I know

 

Duo flashed a smile at the girl that started to dance up on him, but he was unimpressed. He was still had not found his date for the evening. As flash of blue caught his eye and he turn his head. He saw a small crowd of people standing around woman clad in a short, blue skirt and tight white tank top with some writing across the chest. A closer look was needed. He walked away from his dance partner and joined crowd. His grin got even bigger as he realized it was Ami, an opportunity to be seized.

 

Deeper and deeper and deeper and deeper

Never gonna hide it again

Sweeter and sweeter and sweeter and sweeter

Never gonna have to pretend

 

He stepped into the crowd and started to dance behind her. Ami turned around in surprise, but did not miss a beat as they moved together. The crowd got even bigger while they danced. To the outside, they looked as if they planned the whole thing like some regulars do.

 

You got to just let your body move to the music

You got to just let your body go with the flow

Falling in love, falling in love, falling in love

I can't keep from falling in love with you

You know there's nothing better that I'd like to do

 

Ami wrapped her arms around him as the song ended. "Will you take me home? I had too much to drink."

"Sure," he answered touching her face. "Did you come alone."

She shook her head. "Mimi came with me, but I don't see her."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

Ami nodded. "She probably found her midnight snack." She yawned.

"I better get you home," he commented as he took her by the hand. He was disappointed, things had been looking up. "Do you have purse or something?"

"Everything is in the vault," she replied starting to pull items from her cleavage.

Duo placed his hands over hers to stop her. "Ami you're hot and I'm horny as hell. Don't tempt me," he replied sounding more annoyed than he intended.

"I will be good, Duo," she smiled.

He sighed this was going to be difficult. Judgement said call a cab for her, because if she touched even the slightest bit seductively he would rip her clothes off. But he did not feel right not seeing her home, there was just something wrong about it. "Hell this. I'll make sure she gets home, if something happens I deal with it later shit."

 

 

 

© 2002 Devon Masterson.

Yeah, I know I am twisted, but I still don't own the Gundam and SM characters. I just own the entire Wagner family, associates, all gundam children, and the plot. No money is made by me so don't sue me.