Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Raven ❯ Chapter 6

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hiya! Guess what! My plot actually moved forward! Yay! So let's see. . . I don't own these boys. If I did, I wouldn't share. So it's a good thing I don't. If you haven't figured out by chapter 7 that this is shounen-ai (especially considering the warning in the summary) then you are either missing a lot of the story, or you are very, very sleepy.

~Midnight Raven~

Chapter 7

Quatre looked mortified. Avoiding everybody's eyes, he tried to stand up.

"Oh, no you don't." Surprisingly, it wasn't Duo speaking. The stoic green-eyed pilot had wrapped his arms around Quatre's waist and held him securely in his lap.

"Let me go."

"First tell me why you're upset."

`Wow, calm, rational. I'm impressed, Tro.'

"Because I. . . you. . . it's just that. . . ."

Trowa pulled him tighter against his chest. "Are you embarrassed, Angel?" he asked, already knowing the answer. Quatre blushed at the new nickname. "Quatre, my angel, you don't need to be embarrassed around me. Ever."

Duo bit back the "kawaii!" that threatened to blurt itself out. `I don't think I've ever heard anything so sweet.'

Quatre smiled and snuggled ever-so-slightly into Trowa's chest. Duo thought the problem was over.

"Now can we work on the mission?" Heero asked. Quatre looked at his leader, then abruptly sat up straight and looked at Trowa accusingly. He squirmed to get free of Trowa's arms.

"What's wrong now?" Duo nearly yelled.

"Let me go, Trowa!" the blonde shrieked.

Looking worried, he did so. The Arabian jumped up and ran from the room, an exasperated Duo on his tail.

Quatre ran into his room and tried to slam the door. . . which hit Duo in the face. `Owie!' The upset pilot didn't notice. He paced and seethed, occasionally stopping and muttering incoherently about Allah playing a trick on him.

Duo knew better than to try to stop the tirade. When he saw the blonde's frustration building to the point of no return, he stood in the way of the pacing. `Here come the waterworks,' and they did. Quatre cried on Duo's bare shoulder.

When the sobs quieted, Duo sat him down on the bed and asked, "Now, feel better?" Like any teenaged boy who had just cried in public, Quatre tried to pull himself together and look macho. When he nodded that, yes, he was feeling better, Duo smirked, "Good enough that you can sleep in your own bed tonight?"

Quatre visible cowered.

"You wanna tell me what all that was about?"

"The mission. This stupid, stupid mission!" He took a few calming breaths against the new wave of tears that threatened him. "Trowa was being so. . . but it was just because of the mission."

`But Trowa meant it! I could see that, why can't you?' "You don't know that. Maybe he does mean it." Quatre rolled his eyes. "Okay, believe what you want," Duo said, standing to make his theatrical exit. "But answer me this: in all that practicing, did he ever call you by your cover name? He said `Quatre, my angel.'"

Proud of himself for being dramatic, he swung open the door and promptly bounced off of the eavesdropping Trowa and fell on his cute little tush. `Owie! So much for my exit.'

"Trowa! How much of that did you hear?" Quatre sounded genuinely afraid. `The guy can face dozens of Ozzies, but he's afraid of a clown. Sheesh.'

"Quatre, I-" `Yep, that confirms it. He heard it all.' Apparently Quatre heard the same thing. He tried to rush out the door, but Trowa blocked him. "Mission or not, Quatre, you don't have to be embarrassed with me. I mean it." Trowa's woeful green eyes shone. "Quatre, my angel,-" the normally silent boy faltered with words. So he took action.

He cupped the Arabian's cheeks with his hands, tracing the paths of his tears with his thumbs. Closing his eyes, he leaned down. Their lips brushed chastely against each other. Trowa started to lean away, but Quatre wouldn't allow it. He wrapped his arms behind the tall pilot's head and pushed him hard against his lips.

Trowa was startled, his eyes flying open. After a moment, the pieces seemed to fall in place for the green-eyed boy, and he took over the kiss. It became soft, gentle, almost pleading.

Duo sat on the ground where he had fallen and grinned. `Operation Trowa and Quatre: accomplished. Now to work on Heero and me.' He stood up, and left, closing the door behind him. Trowa and Quatre didn't notice.

See, they're finally getting somewhere. I hope this loads right, `cause yesterday it said my user name didn't exist. So I wrote an email saying "Yes, I do" and hopefully it's working now. **crosses fingers**