Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Raven ❯ Chapter 7

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Me no own. Thank you. Now, for more pretties.

~~Midnight Raven~~

Chapter 8

Duo wandered down the stairs to find Heero. He was still sitting in his armchair. "What are you grinning about, baka?"

"Somehow I don't think we'll have any more problems with those two," Duo smiled and plopped down on Heero's lap.

Heero "hn"ed.

"They're upstairs, `practicing'," Duo explained with a glint in his eye. "They make such a cute couple."

Heero poked him in the thigh and raised an eyebrow. `That's Heero-ese for "so why are you still in my lap?" So, what to tell him?' "Well, you know, they may be okay with practicing, but they'll still need some demonstrations, and it's been a while since I've gotten any practice. . . ." `Yeah, I don't believe me either.' "We should go work on those dance moves." `Way to change the subject, baka.'

Heero stood up, knocking Duo to the floor. "Den," he grunted and went to start the CD player.

Duo stared after him, grinning lecherously at shining spandex.

It seemed Heero had actual questions about dancing. They spent the afternoon and part of the evening going over the technical aspects of dance, much to Duo's disappointment. They stopped when they felt the AC kick on and smelled stir-fry cooking. `But I didn't even get to cop a feel!'

In the kitchen they found Wufei and Trowa sitting at the table while Quatre scurried around at the stove. "Man, Quat, that smells wonderful," Duo smiled. Quatre was practically glowing. "I take it that `practice' went well?" `The smile's all wrong, they didn't do it. They just made out. . .like that's a bad thing, baka. Quat is extremely new to this. First kiss and first fuck should NOT be on the same day.'

Trowa didn't seem to notice the question, so intense was his focus on the blonde. Quatre only acknowledged the query with a blush and a nod as he put the food on the table. The Arabian was about to sit down in the chair next to his new love when Trowa tugged him into his lap.

`Wow, who'da thought Tro to be the PDA type?' They sat like that through the meal, being cute, feeding each other, playing vegetables along each other's lips, and licking each other's fingers clean. Wufei had a nosebleed. Heero glared at them, not quite angrily, but something was upsetting him. Duo just sat there grinning. He was happy for them. `At least something good came out of this stupid war. Course, that in no way means I'm giving up on Spandex boy.'

"So," Duo said as they finished up and Heero cleared the table, "tonight I'm solo again, right?" Wufei nodded. "But tomorrow night, Heero meets up with me?" Another nod. "Hey, Heero, do you have any clubbing clothes?"

Illogical though it might have been, Heero looked down at his current attire. Then he shook his head.

"How `bout the rest of you guys?" More heads shook. "Well then, it looks like tomorrow we go shopping."

Duo showered and dressed in his tight teal tiger print pants (1) and a clingy black tee and added a dash of glitter to his hair.

The club was just like the last night. The guard schedule was the same. A few new faces, a few old, still none that struck his fancy. One guy got a little handsy, but Duo managed to resist the urge to break the redhead's pretty little nose. It distracted him for the rest of the night. `God, that guy gives me the creeps.'

Back at the safehouse Duo was tempted to take another shower to wash off the feel of the redhead's filthy hands. But knowing the horrors of sleeping on wet hair, he didn't. It seemed that everybody was asleep as he made his way through the unlit hallways. Trying to be quiet, he slipped into his and Heero's room and tried to change. Maybe it was the darkness or the hour or the tightness of the pants, or maybe it was that last shot of vodka, but he couldn't seem to detach himself from the clothes and fell down. `I really need to quit landing on my ass.'

"Baka," Heero grunted, flipping the light on. `When did he wake up?' Duo thought. Heero helped him up and, sensing his unsteadiness, helped him change.

Some distant coherent part of Duo's brain was taking note that Heero was stripping him. It was that shred of intelligent thought that `yippee'd his drunken inability to get it up.

Heero's hand traced lightly at his hip, a hand place to steady a wobbly drunk. Duo tensed. His skin tingled at the touch but his poor inebriated brain panicked at the images of the handsy redhead. He shuddered.

"What's wrong?"

`I will not cry. Soldiers don't cry. Not even when they're drunk. But Quat cried, maybe. . .yeah, right, prove all those uke stereotypes. But that guy was so creepy.' The last thought sent his skin crawling, and he rubbed ineffectually at it. He was shaking.

"Hey Heero," Duo asked in a small slurred voice, "can I sleep with you tonight?" Heero looked like he was going to say no, but when Duo's shaking got worse, he gave in.

Hi all, once again. That pretty little note up there marked (1)-ya'll probably want to know what that's for. Basically, I don't claim the pants. I stole them from Shuichi on the ending credits of Gravitation. **goes off on a little daydream and starts drooling** Oh, and before I forget I have to applaud Shinigami Angel for noticing a very subtle hint. I'm impressed. More subtle hints to come, so be on the lookout.