Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Visitor ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I don't own Gundam Wing. If I did I wouldn't need to write this!!

This is my first Gundam Wing fanfic, and I would really like to hear what you think.
Heero and Relena are my favourite couple and I just had to write this.

Midnight Visitor
Part One

By Midnight Lover


Relena looked to the calendar that hung behind her bathroom door, she uncapped the red marker she held in her hand and marked another 'x' on today's date, completing a full week of little 'x's. She sighed and placed the pen on the counter, before reaching back to undo her long blond hair from its confines. "Two years, five months and two weeks." She said, running the water for her bubble bath. She quickly shed her clothes, tied her long golden tresses in a bun on her head, and stepped into the water.
She closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the rim of the tub. The bubbles swirled around her knees and she closed her eyes, and pushed tried to shut out the voice in her mind that kept repeating, "He's been gone for two years, five months and two weeks." She thought back to before he left, the night Marimaia got shot, when he collapsed on her lap. "Heero." She murmured.
She'd gone with him to the hospital, stayed by his side until Lady Une, Sally and Wufei had to force her from his bedside. She'd gone to a conference the next day, the day that he broke out of the hospital and left. She hadn't seen him since, nor had anybody else.
Half an hour after settling into the bath, she stood up, the water dripping off her naked body she wrapped a white towel around her body and walked into her room. She sat to her vanity table and brushed out her hair, letting it fall down her back. She pulled on her blue silk nightgown over her head, grabbed the brown plush bear off the desk, and walked to her bed. She threw herself onto the covers; her arm slung over her eyes and fell asleep.
Her dream was different tonight, not like they had been, at least ever since she met him. Normally they'd take place on a dark night, stars shining brightly in the midnight sky, a full moon and a slight breeze. She'd be taking a walk in the garden, walking with her head upturned to the sky, as she stepped around the pond. Then there he'd be. Heero would come out from behind the trees, his brown hair the unruly like always, wildly tossed about, the tight jeans, and denim jacket, his green tank top, and hard blue eyes, exactly the same as when he left, completely unchanged. He'd take her in his arms; twirl her around a few times as they laughed together. Then just as she said she loved him, he'd stop. She'd find herself staring at his retrieving figure, calling him back, telling him not to leave, but it was too late, he was already gone. Then she'd cry. But not tonight, tonight her dream was different.
//She walked into her room, furious that her brother couldn't make it to the Sanc Kingdom for the weekend. She stripped off her clothes and went into the shower. The hot water felt good, she relaxed a little then she felt it.
It was like hands, wrapping themselves around her waist, lips kissing the slope of her neck. Her eyes closed and she leaned her head back on the unknown's shoulder. Their hands traveled up her body, following her waist, passed the swell of her breasts, and finally cupping her face. "Heero." She murmured, turning to him, and wrapping her arms around him. He kissed her lips, smoothing her wet hair with his hands.
"Relena," he said her name as if it was a prayer.
She crushed herself to him, feeling his toned bare chest against her and his arousal against her thigh. Gasping in surprise she ran her hands down his chest resting them on his pelvic bone. "Heero, make love to me." She said hotly into his ear, nipping at it with her teeth, rubbing her lower body against his causing him to moan.
His eyes opened and he looked down at her, "All right." He said, "but not here." He shut the water, and stepped out of the tub, carrying her to her bed in the next room where he lay her wet body down, kissing her passionately, touching her everywhere.
"Now Heero... I...I don't want to wait..." He kissed her one last time, his fingers seeking her entrance, probing into the cavity he found there, stretching her. Then suddenly he became unsure, and stopped "Please..." she begged.
He looked into her eyes finding the consent he needed and positioned himself at her entrance, ready to thrust into her, "Are you sure?" he asked again.
"Yes." He found his control was lost that that word and pushed himself into her wetness...//
"HEERO!" she cried breathlessly in her sleep, waking.
There was a loud clunk and she looked around her grabbing a pair of scissors from her nightstand, suddenly afraid she was being watched. On the floor near the window, she saw a vase, it was rocking gently, and a foot away from the table it was on.
Fear and wonder took over her and she lifted herself from the bed, scissors ready in hand. "Who's there?" she called. There was no answer. She felt a familiar presence in the room, and stepped cautiously towards the vase. Her clear blue eyes scanned her surroundings looking for someone, but whom? She looked in the mirror ahead of her, fearful that whomever it was, was behind her. No one.
The curtains near the balcony doors rustled, there he was. She lifted the scissors and silently stepped closer to the curtains. One hand outstretched, she pulled away the curtain, bringing down the scissors on whoever it was.
"Ah!" he cried, clutching his arm where she'd cut him. "Relena." He said.
Her mind spun. She knew that voice, had she just attacked someone? What did she do? That voice, who was it? The weapon fell to the floor, smeared with a little blood. Her eyes tried hard to focus on the person in the darkness of the room.
She felt strong calloused hands grip her shoulders and shove her back; she slipped and fell on her butt. Tears threatened to spill down her cheeks, she looked at the floor, watching as the attacker stepped forward. What she saw as he came closer, urged her gaze to continue upwards; yellow boots, light blue jeans, tight jeans. She began to feel more confident, there was something familiar about this person, she continued to look up. Denim jacket, her heart began to race, green shirt. "Heero?" she said to herself, unable to bring her eyes higher than the person's neck.
He stretched out his hand, ashamed that he pushed so hard. His arm still bled as he waited for the Peacecraft princess to get up. "Relena?" he said, staring down at her. Her head snapped up and her clear blue eyes looked into his, she burst out crying, but took his hand. He pulled her up, wrapping his strong arms around her. "It's ok. I'm sorry I scared you." He said, angry with himself for the current situation.
"Heero you're back." Relena whispered into his shirt. Suddenly the memory of her dream came back and she backed away, her face stained with embarrassment at what he might have seen. "How... How long have you been here?" she asked.
Heero shrugged his shoulders, "I heard you call my name if that's what you're asking." He said in a monotone.
Relena blushed even deeper and turned to her bed, away from him. "How long was that?" She paused, suddenly realizing that he was in her room, standing there and she'd not seen him for two and a half years. "What are you doing here?" She asked, not longer embarrassed but angry.
Heero remained unmoved by her anger, he shrugged his shoulders once more, and "I came to see you." He stated simply.
She silently fumed, hating his answer.
He didn't quite understand what he'd done her angry face, but kept his mouth shut. His Prussian blue eyes focused on her clear blue ones, he could see she was tired, probably hadn't slept well lately. "You need to sleep Relena." He said.
"Damn you!" She yelled. "What are you doing here?"
"I told you." He said.
"Any normal person would call, ask to come visit, but no, you can't be like everyone else, you sneak up on me, in the middle of the night, scare me half to death thinking it's some other damned person being paid to get rid of me!" She stopped, her eyes fell to the carpet at her feet and she saw the scissors, smeared with a little blood. "Oh God." She said silently, her eyes traveling up his body, in search for the cut she made.
Heero hid his left arm behind his back once he realized what she was doing. The cut wasn't bad, it was still bleeding, somewhat more than it should be by now, but it was fine. He deserved it, after all he did blow his cover when he heard her call his name and he dropped the vase.
"Show me." She pointed to his arm, typical of him to hide a wound from her. "And I don't care if it's not serious." She added when he opened his mouth to protest.
He didn't move kept his arm where it was, and shuddered a little when she reached out and touched him. So soft, so gentle was her touch. "Relena, it's all right." He protested.
"Heero, shut up." She said, looking up at him. "You grew." She stated, noticing how he was now almost half a foot taller than she.
"Hn."
She looked at the cut; it was small, not too deep, bleeding just a bit. "Come with me." She dragged him to the bathroom, entwining her fingers with his. She smiled; he was letting her hold his hand.
In silence she cleaned the cut, and bandaged it up. He never said a word and she was growing tired. She glanced around the bathroom, blushing slightly because of her dream. Stifling a yawn behind a delicate hand she closed blinked her eyes trying to take away the sleep.
"Relena you're tired." He stated the obvious. "Let me take you to bed." With a swift motion he lifted her up, one arm under the crook of her knees and the other supporting her head. He sucked in a breath when she cuddled her head against his chest.
With one hand he managed to pull down the sheets, and deposit her between them. Her eyes were closed and he figured her to be asleep. Kissing her forehead softly, he started for the door.
"Heero, you're leaving again aren't you?" She said.
"Hn." He replied, frozen in step.
"Are you ever coming back?" She asked innocently, knowing the most probable answer.
"I don't know." He replied.
"Heero," She sat up, unknown to her, her nightgown moved, exposing the top of her breasts to him.
"Yeah," his eyes wandered to her chest, the to her face.
"Can you stay with me, at least until I'm asleep?" Her voice was soft, quiet. Her blue eyes were shining with tears in their depths.
Heero stood near the door, looking into her eyes, his mind commanding him to leave, but something else, more powerful demanding he stay. Even for a while, just to watch her sleep, like he had originally planned. With calculated steps he walked over to her bed, sitting on the edge. "Until you sleep." He said.
Relena smiled sadly, glad that he was staying, sad he would leave once again. She scooted over on the bed, patting the newly vacated spot, beckoning him to come lie by her side. "Thank you." She said tenderly, when he lay down at her side. She leaned closer to him, resting her head on his chest.
There were a few moments of silence, Relena was still awake, longing to ask him questions, to tell him how she felt, but couldn't find the words. Heero watched her, his dark eyes full of masked emotions that even he didn't comprehend. He had many questions he wanted to ask her, find out how she'd been, what she'd been doing, if she still cared. Did she?
His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of her melancholy voice. "Heero, why did you stay away so long?"
He could feel her eyes on him, burning him, but he couldn't meet her gaze. "Because I have to." He said.
"You're leaving again." She stated rather than asked.
"Hn."
"Why did you come here tonight?" Her voice was growing softer, she was falling asleep, and he knew it.
"I told you. I came to see you." Heero replied. He glanced over his shoulder at the clock on the bedside table, 12a.m. Her breath had grown shallow now and he knew she was at last asleep. Carefully he lifted her head from his chest and placed her back on the bed. He walked over to the vase he'd knocked over; picking it up he gazed at it, tightening his hand over it, nearly crushing it. "You got me found out." He muttered, before placing it back on the dresser.
He sat at the chair from her vanity table, watching the rise and fall of her chest. His mind raced, as did his heart. He wondered what it would feel like to kiss her, touch her. He wondered how soft she'd feel under him, her fingers on his skin.
A soft whimper escaped her red lips, bringing his dream world crashing down around him. Shaking his head, he rubbed his eyes, and got up to leave. "Goodbye Relena." He said, like he's said so many times before when he'd planned to self-detonate his Gundam. Placing a small box on the desk, he walked out of the room.
"I love you, Heero." She said in her sleep. "Thank you."
Heero was already out the balcony when she opened her eyes, but he heard her last words, and they sent chills down his spine, yet at the same time a warm feeling coursed through his body. He climbed down the trellis beneath the balcony and took off into the dark night.
~*~

Relena woke up the next morning with a smile on her face. She walked over to her vanity table and picked up her hairbrush, and began to brush out her long golden blond tresses. She was happy that she'd seen Heero; at least she knew he was still alive, right?
Today was going to be a good day, she told herself. She'd get to see Hilde and Duo, Trowa and Catherine, and Quatre. They were all coming down for a get together, like they had been doing for the passed two and a half year, every six months. This year was going to be a little earlier though because she was going to be a little busy for the next few weeks, peace conferences, treaties, and the monthly trips to each colony were taking place. But it was fine.
As she placed the brush back on the table, her hand brushed something she couldn't remember placing there. Looking down, her eyes watered instantly at what she saw. It was a single red rose, attached to a small shooting star necklace. "Heero." She said and placed it around her neck.
She stripped herself of her nightgown, dressing in a tight pair of light blue three-quarter jeans and a pink high neck sleeveless shirt, letting the necklace dangle over the shirt. She reached over taking the vase that had fallen the night before and went to fill it with water from the bathroom sink for the rose.
The morning passed by quickly, she spent most of her time outside curled up on a lawn chair near the pool reading her book. Lately she'd been finding it hard to get even a minute to herself and was thankful for the time she had now to sit back, relax and enjoy a good romance novel.
"Miss Relena," Pagan said, walking over to her chair holding a tray with a portable phone on it.
"Yes Pagan," She replied, looking up from her book.
"It's a call for you. Mr. Quatre." The butler said, handing Relena the receiver.
Relena put down the book, "Thank you Pagan." She said picking the phone off the tray.
Pagan nodded and walked back into the house. "I'll be in the cleaning the study if you need me."
"Hello Quatre. " Relena greeted sounding very bubbly.
"Why hello Miss Relena."
"How are you?" She asked.
"I'm fine, yourself? He asked, surprised that she was so cheerful.
"I'm doing great. I can't wait for this afternoon, when will you be getting here?" There was a pause, causing Relena to fear the worst. "You are still coming aren't you?"
"Sorry Relena, we can't make it this afternoon." Quatre said sadly. He was supposed to be the one brining everyone along with him on his way to earth.
"What?" Relena's voice dropped, and tears welled up in her eyes. "But we planned this. You guys were supposed to be here this afternoon, we were going to have a party, Marimaia, and Lady Une were supposed to join us, Wu-fei and Sally too. You were supposed to stay for the week."
"Sorry Miss Relena, we won't be coming this afternoon, it's just impossible."
"Why?" She asked, thankful that this was not the vidphone she was speaking on. Before Quatre could reply, the doorbell rang. "Hang on a minute Quatre, please."
"Sure." The blond smiled wickedly on the other end of the phone.
Relena pressed the button placing the phone on hold and ran to answer the door, still holding the phone in her hand. Peaking out of the little spy hole, she saw nothing, so she turned away. The phone once again to her ear she got back online with Quatre. "Sorry about that."
"It's fine." He replied.
"So why can't you make it this afternoon?" She asked, saddened once again. The doorbell rang again, she sighed. "Hang on, it's the damn door again."
This time she didn't bother to check outside, and opened the door. What she saw brought tears to her eyes once more. "Quatre, Trowa, Duo, Hilde Catherine! All of you!" She cried, dropping the phone on a nearby table before stepping outside to hug her friends.
"Well to answer your question it'll be impossible to make it this afternoon because we're already here!" The blond said, hugging Relena fiercely. "You look great."
"You too Quatre." She replied, hugging him back and kissing his cheek.
"Hey! Hey!" Duo and Hilde said simultaneously, running to hug Relena.
"Hilde! You look great! Duo you too!" She cried, "Duo...I can't breathe." She choked, in his embrace.
"Oops." He said sheepishly, releasing her.
Hilde came up to Relena, for a hug and noticed the pendant dangling about her neck. "That's so pretty. Where'd you get it?" she asked.
Relena blushed, "A friend." She said slyly.
"Boyfriend?" Hilde asked, with Duo's face beaming over her shoulder.
Relena shook her head. "Nah. Just a visitor." She said hiding the smile in her eyes that would no doubt tell her friends who her visitor was.
Hilde smiled, knowing whom her friend was most likely to be talking about. "You go girl." She said, pulling Relena into a hug.
"Shh." Relena whispered, just in case.
Catherine and Trowa came next. She received a big hug from Cathy, but a simple handshake from her monotone partner. "Good to see you guys." She said finally.
"Likewise. Have you been on vacation? You look great." Cathy said.
Relena laughed, "No I've been too busy for that." She looked at Trowa who stood with his arms folded across his chest. "How's the circus life?" She asked.
Trowa shot her a lopsided smile, "It's good." He said flatly.
"Are you guys hungry?" She asked.
"Maybe a little." Quatre said.
Duo's stomach growled loudly, causing everyone to laugh, "Yep, I'm hungry." Duo said, stating the obvious.
"You're always hungry." Hilde said, smacking him lightly on the arm when he stuck his tongue out at her.
Relena giggled. "Some things never change."
Hilde, Catherine and Quatre laughed, and Trowa smiled. "Never change." Hilde said.
"Come on, let's get your bags inside and get you guys settled in so we can have lunch." Said Relena, picking up a bag, slinging it over her shoulder and leading the way into the mansion.
Everyone followed her to the west wing of the house, in the hallways opposite her own rooms. They unloaded their baggage, readying themselves for a week's stay at the immense Peacecraft mansion before coming downstairs for lunch.
~*~

"Well, Cathy I wish you luck with that tightrope walker." Relena said, as the group enjoyed a few pizzas by the pool.
"Yeah." Cathy replied.
Duo stuffed his face with the last slice of all-dressed pizza, "Tho" She said, his mouth full of food. "Wha wit da neklathe?" he asked.
Hilde pulled his braid, and he yelped. "Chew first, talk later."
"Yeah, where did you get it?" Quatre asked after his giggle fit passed.
Relena blushed, "Umm... a friend."
Trowa raised his visible eyebrow, "Friend?"
Cathy exchanged glances with Hilde and they both looked at Relena, seeing her unwillingness to explain who it was from they changed the subject, to a more, enjoyable topic, well at least for the three women. "So, when are you guys taking us shopping?" Cathy asked.
"Not if we can help it, it won't be anytime soon." Duo stated after swallowing the remaining soda he had left in his glass.
"How about tomorrow?" Hilde suggested, fingering the tip of Duo's braid daring him to protest.
"That sounds good to me." Relena and Cathy agreed.
"Do we have to tag along?" Quatre asked dodging Catherine and Hilde's hands.
"You have 29 sisters, shouldn't be something you've never done before." Trowa stated.
"Thanks," Quatre replied dejectedly.
Relena sighed to herself, thanking her lucky stars that Catherine and Hilde prevented her explaining the necklace situation when she herself didn't know how to explain it. "So I guess we're going tomorrow." She said, "Oh and don't worry, we'll do whatever you guys want to do, as long as you don't give us a hard time with bags." Relena laughed.
Duo's face dropped and her glanced over at the pool. Suddenly he felt very hot, and the clear blue tinted water seemed tremendously appealing to him. "It's not nearly this hot at home." He whined. "Relena can I go swimming?"
"Duo." Hilde ground out through her teeth, "That's rude."
Duo shrugged his shoulders, pulling at the buttons of his shirt, in a desperate move to open them. "Please?"
"Of course it's hot Duo, it's early June. And look at your clothes!" Quatre said pointing out that Duo was the only one wearing a long-sleeved shirt and jeans out of the entire group.
"I told you not to wear that, baka." Hilde said, "I told you it was warm here on earth. But do you listen to me?"
"Actually if you guys don't have a problem with it the pool is fine with me." She said, "It is kind of hot out here."
"Hn." Trowa said.
"I'm fine with it!" Duo shot out of his seat and took off for his room, "Need m' trunks." He called over his shoulder.
"I swear, he never learns." Hilde complained.
"Yeah but I'll be you like it." Catherine said, nudging Hilde with her elbow.
The blue-black haired girl blushed, "Maybe." Quatre, Catherine and Relena stared at her knowing that she had spoken a half-truth only, daring her to tell them the full truth while Trowa raised an eyebrow at her understatement.
"Geronimo!" Duo's voice came from the poolside followed by a splash. "Hey babe, look at me!" He called.
Hilde turned around smiling and waving at Duo, "Yeah, I love it!"
"Come on, let's go get our suits on, we'll join him." Relena suggested.
"Yeah." Everyone got up and went to their rooms to change into their swimsuits, coming out a few minutes later to join the braided former gundam pilot in the water.
After hours of splashing, Marco Polo, and diving challenges, which Trowa mostly won, much to Duo's dismay, the small gang was exhausted and stepped out of the pool. The sun had set and they were ready to eat, socialize and reminisce. They showered and readied themselves for the rest of the gang to arrive. While they waited patiently in the sitting room of the Peacecraft mansion, Pagan entered.
"Miss Relena, Lady Une, and Miss Marimaia have arrived." He said, letting the head of the Preventers office and her adoptive daughter into the room.
"Thank you Pagan. Please notify me when Wu-fei and Sally get here."
"As you wish, Miss Relena." The trustworthy butler said before departing from the room.
"Hello Relena." Lady Une said, bringing the Princess into a hug. "It's good to see you again."
"You too, Lady Une." Replied Relena. "Hello there Marimaia."
The cinnamon haired 11 yr-old girl smiled and waved at Relena before hugging her shyly. Despite the two and a half years that had passed, Marimaia still felt a little ashamed of her actions during the Eve's war, especially towards Relena. "How are you Relena?" She asked quietly.
"I'm fine, how about you?" She smiled down at the child who had once kidnapped her.
"I'm ok." Replied the little girl, "Hi Quatre, Trowa, Duo. Hey Hilde, Catherine."
"Oi." Duo waved, along with Hilde from the sofa.
"Hey there." Quatre and Catherine said Trowa simply shot the girl a lopsided one-second smile that vanished as soon as it came.
"How've you been Marimaia?" Quatre asked.
The little girl shrugged her slender shoulders, "I've been ok."
Lady Une greeted the other members of the room warmly, and poured herself and Marimaia a coke from the big bottle on the far table. Just as she handed the drink to the little girl, another of Sally and Wu-fei's never ending arguments brought the living room door opened and the conversations being spoken to a stop.
"I told you to take a left, if you'd have listened to me we'd have been here by now," Sally stated.
"Onna, if I'd listened to you we'd be lost." Wu-fei countered, trying his best to hold up his end of the argument.
"Men, can't tell right from left, and you in particular" she pointed an accusing finger at the Chinese man at her side, "can't see past the tip of your nose."
"Oh really?" He raised his eyebrows at her, "You think so?"
"No I don't think so, I know so." Said Sally.
Duo watched in amusement at the ongoing scene, he used to be Wu-fei's quarrelling partner, but now it seemed he'd found someone else.
"Who walked into the Stop sigh on our way to the car?" the former Altron pilot asked.
Sally blushed. Quickly she glanced around at her surroundings and smiled, "You were talking to me."
"Yeah, I was telling you to watch out." He said triumphantly.
Sally stuck her tongue out at him, and turned to greet her friends before Wu-fei had a chance to say anything. "Hey Relena, how've you been?" Her voice was loud, so as to block out any remarks her partner might have, especially the all-famous, 'weakling' he enjoyed calling her.
After a good hour of reminiscing, they sat down for big supper. After having eaten their full, they sat around the table in the living room, playing a mixture of monopoly and charades, while talking of the future and what they wished to accomplish. Marimaia had fallen asleep around 11:30 and Lady Une decided it was time to take go home. Having work in the morning, Sally and Wu-fei left an hour later. Duo and Hilde announced that they were considering getting married within the next two years.
It was late when they decided to retire for the night. Relena stayed up a little longer, after everyone retired to his or her rooms. The phone rang and she picked up expecting a call from her brother.
"Hey Relena," Milliardo said.
"Hello brother."
"Um… Relena I can't talk long, but Noin and I can't make it for the next week or so, we're really busy."
"Oh," She felt disappointed, but could see that there was no use changing their minds, "All right, bye then." She hung up and ran to her room crying. When she reached her room she felt as though she was experiencing a déjà vu, but couldn't explain why.
Relena looked around the room, sensing as if there were something extra added to it, but what it was she couldn't tell, it was dark because the lights were of and only the moon shone in the room, slowly she stripped down to her underwear and walked into the bathroom for a much needed shower.
The shadow in the corner of the room moved, silently it waited for the water to start before following her into the bathroom.


To be continued…