Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Morning Will Come ❯ Introduction ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Morning Will Come

Author: Emily, roguegirl@att.net

Warnings: yaoi, het, language, violence, possible OOC, EU?, un-betaed

Pairings: 1x2x1, 3x4, 5xM, 13x11

Archive: Want it? Take it. Just please give me credit.

Disclaimer: None of these characters and their personalities are mine, but the story's plot and concepts are mine, so please no stealing my creations. Unless you want to contribute accompanying art…then be my guest, but I want to see! Morning Will Come

Introduction

The story that continues as follows is as historically accurate as possible. I would like the story to be enjoyed to the full extent, but please, when reading, keep in mind that there was a lot of factual information going into this story to be forced in the reader's face.

First of all, the story is "EU?" because it takes place before AC 195. Usually EU is anything after the series, but since the story still takes place in the same world, just an earlier time, I wasn't exactly certain how to classify this.

Also keep in mind that the characters' reactions to certain situations will most likely be different. There's a reason for why I portrayed everyone the way I did.

Duo had a family in this story, and he grew up in a house, went to school, and lived with his parents and older brother. He probably is going to be more religious in this because that's how people were raised back then and he hadn't had any real reasons to doubt his religious teachings until his father died. In case anyone's wondering, Duo got his father's business because his brother was a college and, frankly, didn't want it.

Heero will be different because he hadn't been trained to be a soldier all his life. His emotions weren't forced away and he's more used to being around people and less mission oriented. It's obvious that he won't be the perfect soldier in this story, but he strives hard to be.

Um…Trowa might seem like a hard ass, but look at what he went through! He has an excuse to be a little bitter. And no one complain that I have Quatre working for Duo! Duo may be the big cheese, but Quatre's job in the business isn't only necessary, it's pretty damn important! And I couldn't think of any other way to fit him in… -_-;;

I'm thinking the title will be explained in an appendix or whatever that will be written after the story's conclusion. We all know I'll forget something here or have tons more to add at the end, so that's why it's going to be there.

I can't stress this story enough. The idea just came out of the blue and it's been pestering me ever since; my muses wouldn't rest until they saw this through. I tried very hard for this to be accurate, but feel free to correct me if you know more than I do. Don't take this story lightly! I happened. Not exactly in this way that will be told (that'd be weird if this was coincidentally based on truth, neh?), but it was common enough.

Plot Holes: How did Duo get into Japan if they've been at war for 10 years at that point in the story? Why wasn't Heero in the Japanese military? How was homosexuality viewed in the 1940s? Why didn't Duo get drafted or anything for the war? Why didn't Duo get arrested when it was clearly known that he was associated with someone who happened to be Japanese? There's probably more. Ignore these facts and you'll be fine.

For those of you who don't know, Friday, December 7, 2001 is the sixtieth anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor. That knowledge is the seed that turned up this story. Feel free to yell at me if I'm not keeping the parts coming out. Questions, concerns, comments, clarifications, et cetera can be emailed to me at the address above.

Thank you and enjoy.