Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Brother! ❯ Compromise ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Please do not sue. I have no money. I spent it fixing my computer so I could write this fic. I do not own any of the gundam pilots. Don't even bother trying to sue.

A/N: This is just the start of an idea that I had. Please read, ENJOY, review and tell me if I should continue it or not. Happy reading!

This fic is archived at

http://www.fanfiction.net

http://www.geocities.com/princesspriscillamaxwell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coming home was easier than going to school. It seemed that school used up a lot of energy that was bundled up somewhere inside my adopted brother. He instantly fell asleep in my lap as soon as we got on.

"Awww that has got to be the cutest thing." Giggled Hilde before taking a picture quickly. I glared at her.

I growled. "Hilde, give me that camera."

"Not in this lifetime! Besides, it's your first photo with your new sibling. Also I can't risk you destroying this camera. It has the photos that I'm going to use in my major project. Definitely no way that I am going to let you anywhere near it."

I heard Quatre snicker and the memory came back to me. We were on camp and Hilde had been taking photos everywhere and pissing the heck out of me. I finally snapped on the last day and broke her camera. Everyone blamed me for ruining their precious moments and some students even claimed that I needed anger management classes.

"Fine, keep the camera but I don't want you making copies of that photo and passing it around the school. Ok?"

"Affirmative." Replied Hilde happily.

The bus slowed down to a halt when it approached the Heero's bus stop.

"Duo we're here.." Said Heero shaking his younger brother lightly.

Duo continued to sleep.

"Hey this is no time for fun and games. Wake up." I poked Duo and when that didn't work he tickled him.there was no response. He ended up getting off the bus carry Duo and two school bags.

"Oh how cute! He's asleep. He must be really worn out from school." Mum said and continued to coo over her sleeping child who was not responding to any of her actions. After what seemed like forever she finally gave up and she told me to tuck him into bed. After I had done so I went to find mum and handed her a letter I had found tucked inside Duo's jacket.

"Duo's in the fourth grade?!" she cried in joyfully. "Father Maxwell never told me he was smart! Oh what's this? Hmm this is interesting, I never expected Duo to be interested in that. No wonder he's so tired."

"What mom?" I asked and followed her into the kitchen for my afternoon snack.

"Its about Duo's chosen subject. It seems that your brother has chosen to play the drums."

My hand stopped halfway in the cookie jar and his eyes widened. Duo.drums?! No no no no no. I had hoped that Duo would lose interest in the noisy instrument quickly or would choose something else to play when the time for him to choose his elective came. I hurriedly pulled my hand back out and was about to tell mum mother that piece of information when his dad walked into the house.

"Honey! Duo's in the fourth grade! And guess what? He's taken a liking to the drums. Finally there'll be someone to use Howard's old drum kit."

I watched, as Dad pulled out a drum kit, similar to the one that I play at school.

"Here you go son. It's all yours to crash bang and boom on. Just make sure you don't play too loudly or the neighbors might complain." He lifted me up onto the seat and handed me a pair of drumsticks. I smiled happily and hit the drums and cymbals with all my might.

"HEY COULD YOU KEEP IT DOWN? I'M TRYING MY HARDEST TO STUDY HERE?"

"Maybe you should play with the drum kit later son." Said my father with a smile. "Why don't you go watch some TV instead?"

"I don't want to. I want to have fun. I want to play on the drums.or even better.I wanna play with my Hee Chan."

My father crouched down and looked me straight in the eye. "Your brother has a test tomorrow and he needs some peace and quiet to study for it."

I eyed my father for a moment. "Fine, I'll leave him alone only if you'll play with me."

My father chuckled and ruffled my bangs. "No can do kiddo. Daddy's got work to do. Don't pester mom either. She's busy with the dishes. Why don't you go play by yourself?"

"There were heaps of kids to play with at the orphanage and no one was ever left out." I began, "Everyone is family and no family member is ever left out." I recited, "That's what Father Maxwell taught us."

I watched as dad thought long and hard about the situation. "Fine." He finally said. "I'll let you play on the drums. But softly, very very softly got it?"

I nodded and bashed away on the drums noisily and joyfully.