Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends New Enemies ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Old Friends New Enemies
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of these characters. I am just using them to extend my artistic abilities through writing. So please don’t sue me. I have nothing to give you but my two bad cats and I’m sure you don’t want them.

Chapter 5

The rest of the day just seemed to fly by as Relena soon found herself walking out the front door. She looked around wondering where Noin and Anne were. It wasn't like them to be late. She groaned when she saw Thomas McLean, her ex-boyfriend, walking towards her.

"Relena!" Thomas called out trapping her where she was.

"Hello Thomas." Relena said in a sweet voice as he reached her side.

"How come you weren't at school today?" Thomas asked her.

"I wasn't there today because I don't go there anymore." Relena told him, still trying to find her ride.

"Why on earth would you want to go to another school?" Thomas asked in disbelief. "Are you telling me that you go here!?"

Thomas had raised his voice as he gestured to their surroundings which caused many people to look at them. Thomas got many glares because of his uniform. Many students gave Relena a look that asked what she was doing with a private school guy. Relena wondered if this was going to destroy what little rep she had. She also wondered what this was going to do to the gangs' rep. Relena mentally shook her head. Why should she be concerned with the Angel's rep? She wasn't even and Angel.

"So what if I'm going here?" Relena demanded as she rounded on him. "What's wrong with that?"

"You left a high class private school to go to some second rate public school?" Thomas asked aghast.

"So what if I did?" Relena challenged as a dove's coo rang out. "What's it to you?"

"I don't want it getting around that my girl is attending a public school!" Thomas shouted, totally losing it. "I have my own reputation to think about."

"First of all, I'm not your girl. I haven't been for a long time, so just leave me alone. Second of all I don't care about your rep. If you're so worried about your rep then why in the hell are you here." Relena told him.

"I came here to take you back where you belong, with our own kind. So let's go, I'm tired of being around these underlings." Thomas said grabbing Relena's arm.

"Who the hell are you to say where the hell I go?" Relena shouted, yanking her arm out of his hold. "You aren't my brother or my father."

"Look at you, you've only been here one day and they've already infected you," he huffed. "Swearing and fighting like a little street rat."

"This is me arguing," Relena stated, not noticing all of the Angel's in the crowd or Noin and Anne. "But if you really want to see me fight, then keep pushing. I'm about two seconds from beating the crap out of you."

"I don't think you will," scuffed Thomas. "You haven't been here long enough to pick up that barbaric trait."

"Oh really?"

Relena saw the crowd getting tired of being called down and frankly so was she. The next time he tried to get her she dodged in towards him and elbowed him in the face and then quickly gave him a shot to the kidneys. Thomas doubled over before slowly sinking to his knees. Relena took a couple steps backwards, still standing over him.

"You didn't think that I would? Well think again, buddy." Relena said. "And I learned to fight at Walter's so don't get on my case about this place being 'barbaric'."

Before he or anyone could respond an Angel let out a warning call. Everyone scattered not wanting to get caught there. Relena gave Thomas one last look before she too walked away.

Once Relena was a ways away, she glanced back to see Thomas being helped up off the ground by some teachers. Giggling Relena turned her attention back to where she was walking. After a few more feet, Relena stopped to once again to search for her ride.

"For a girl who came from a private school, you sure are full of surprises," a voice, that had become very familiar, said from behind her.

Relena turned around to see Dorothy, Cathy, Hilde, Sally, and a few other girls standing there. Relena had a feeling that most if not all those girls were Angels.

"What of it?" Relena asked shrugging.

"Easy there," Hilde said stepping forward. "She's just playing around. Believe me, you're surprises are not unwelcome."

"Especially, if there are more which involved fighting skills." Sally told Relena.

"I really didn't want to get a rep for being a scrapper especially on my first day here." Relena admitted looking down.

"You know that rep may not be so bad now," Hilde commented. "It's out now that you went to a private school. You won't get bothered too bad it people have to fear the consequences."

"Yeah, I guess." Relena said causally.

"Relena!"

Relena looked around and saw her brother coming through the crowd, followed by Treize, Anne, and Noin. She groaned. This was not going to end well.

"Look I'll see you guys later when you pick me up." Relena told them hurriedly. "Just don't say anything about it right now though. I gotta go."

Relena turned away from them as they said good bye. Millardo was just about over to where she was standing. Relena hoped that he wasn't able to tell by the girl's tattoos that they were in a gang. Relena could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't happy about being there. She wasn't even sure why he was there.

"Millardo, what are you going here?" Relena asked as he and the others reached her.

"The girls called saying that you were having some trouble with some guy from you old school." Millardo said looking around. "So where is this punk?"

"Don't worry about him, he's been taken care of." Relena said going to walk by him. "Let's get outta here."

"Wait a minute," Millardo told her as he grabbed her arm. "What do you mean that he's been taken care of?"

"I mean that, he was a problem and I dealt with him," Relena said dismissively as she tried to get out of his hold. "It's no big deal."

"So basically," Millardo began stopping her from leaving once again, "you're telling me that you got into a fight. On your first day of school no less."

"I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was a fight." Relena hesitantly told him.

"She's right you know." Noin spoke up. "He tried to grab her, she dodged and hit him in the face then the gut."

"Which brought him to his knees. Right after that we all heard a loon causing all the kids to scatter. Good thing too, because a whole bunch of teachers were coming." Anne finished the summary.

"So it wasn't a fight since he didn't get a chance to swing at me." Relena told him.

"It was close enough that the girls called me." Millardo told her.

"Look can we talk about this later? Or else I'm really gonna get a rep for being a fighter." Relena said drawing his attention to the crowd gathering once again.

"I guess," was Millardo's response as he glared at the crowd. "The girls will take you home, I'll talk to you about all this when I get home."

He didn't even wait for her to answer him before he walked off. Relena shook her head. Who needed a father when you had an over protective brother like hers? Then the thought occurred to her that maybe he was this bad because they didn't have a father. To know for sure she would have to ask him and she wasn't looking forward to that.

"I guess that we should get going," Noin said turning around, only to come face to face with three girls. "Can we help you?"

"You've had a very busy first day, haven't you Relena?" one of the girls almost snarled.

"What do you want?" Relena asked tiredly.

"Why ever do you think that we would want anything?" another said way too sweetly.

"Cause you're just like the girls at my old school, Paulette." Relena said as she rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter that they were private school chicks and you're public school chicks."

"You are so not comparing me to a private school bitch!" the first one said appauled.

"Yes I am, didn't you just hear me or do you need your hearing checked?" Relena taunted. "But right now I really don't have the time to stand here and debate this. So if you'll excuse us...."

Relena let the sentence trail off. Not the girls in front of her get another word in, she spun around and walked away flipping her hair over her shoulder.

Relena hadn't gotten too far before the voice of the third girl rang out. "You know, you aren't really that tough without the rest of the Angels around."

"You know something, Sandra?" Relena asked as she slowly turned around. "I'm not an Angel, nor do I need them to be tough. It just comes naturally. But you wouldn't really know anything about that would you?"

After waiting for a couple minutes for Sandra to reply Relena said, "I didn't think so. Can we get out of here now?"

"Sure thing." Noin said a little shocked at how her boyfriends little sister was behaving. She had known Relena and Zechs for at least two years now and she had never seen Relena act like this.

The three girls turned and walked over to Noin's silver Thunder Bird. Once Noin got the doors unlocked they all piled in and Noin drove off.

"So do you want to go anywhere before I drop you off at home?" Noin asked as she glanced at Relena in the rear-view mirror.

"No," Relena told her as she looked out the window. "I have a feeling that Millardo will be home soon and if I'm not there then shit will be hitting the fan."

"She has a point there, Lu," Anne agreed from the front seat. "Millardo is very over protective of her. I don't want to get her into any trouble."

"I guess." was all Noin said before everyone fell into a comfortable silence.

It only took about ten minutes before they pulled up to the front door of Relena's house. Anne climbed out of the passenger side so that Relena could get out. As soon as Relena got out of the car, Anne got back in.

"I'm sorry that I'm not much company today." Relena apologized as she crouched down by Anne's window. "I just have a lot of stuff on my mind."

"Don't worry about it, Relena." Anne told her.

"Yeah," Noin agreed. "We're supposed to be picking you up from school for a while so, we'll see you tomorrow after school."

"Sure, see you guys tomorrow." Relena said with a small wave as she stood up and watched them drive away.

Relena stood there for a couple minutes just thinking about all that happened that day. Getting into a few scraps, being befriended by the local gang, her brother showing up, and ignoring her friends who brought her home. Well they were more her brother's friends than hers. If this was any indication of how her time at this school was going to be, it was going to be a lot of fun.

With that thought, Relena turned and made her way into the house.

Elsewhere

"What do you think of Relena?" Noin asked Anne as she drove through traffic to the gang’s house.

"What do you mean?" Anne asked a little puzzled by the question. "Do you think that she would be an asset to the gang?"

"Whoa, you’re treading on dangerous ground and you know it, Lu." Anne told her. "Zechs would never let Relena join a gang."

"Don't you think that it would be better if she was though? That way he would be able to look out for her better."

"True enough, but he wouldn't let her and you know that as well as I do."

"You never know." Noin said simply as she pulled up to the gate of the gang’s house.

"Well, girl, if you're going to try then I wish you the best of luck cause you're going to need it." Anne told her as the pair climbed out of the car and walked into the house.

To Be Continued . . . . . . . .