Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Old Friends New Enemies ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Old Friends New Enemies

Chapter 6

"Relena!" a voice cried.

"Yes, mother?" Relena called back wondering what was wrong this time.

"How come you are late?" her mother, Tanya, demanded as she made her way into the foyer.

"My ride home was delayed." Relena answered the medium height blond woman who now stood before her.

"Some how I highly doubt that your brother would be late to do anything." Tanya scuffed. "And for you to imply that he would is most unbecoming."

"I would never imply such a thing. I know that my brother is one of the most punctual people." Relena began.

"Then why would you say suck a thing? Why would you lie about your brother that way?" Tanya demanded.

"I am not lying about him. You never let me finish what I was saying." Relena answered trying to hide her frustration from her mother. "Millardo had things to do this afternoon so he got a couple of his friends to pick me up."

"I highly doubt that Millie would ever befriend anyone who wasn't as punctual as he is." Tanya said skeptically. "By the way, why aren’t you not wearing your uniform?"

Relena looked down at her clothes. She had totally forgot that her mother didn't know that Millardo had pulled her out of Walters and put her in Wilson. Tanya hadn't been around that morning when she had left for school. Why hadn't she remembered her old uniform? How was she going to get herself out of this one? Millardo was going to kill her when he got home for sure now.

"We had a spirit day today and we were allowed to wear casual clothes if we had wanted to." Relena said easily. "I thought that it was for a good cause so I participated."

"That may be," Tanya said not really believing the tale, "however, from now on find other ways to participate. I spent good money on that uniform and I will not have it go to waste. No to mention the fact that, that outfit makes you look like you are from a lower class. It makes me look bad."

"I am sorry mother." Relena apologized with a slight bowing of her head. "I assure you that it will not happen again."

"It had better not. Be gone, I tire of your presence." Tanya dismissed Relena.

Relena didn't say anything, she wasn't expected to. She simply gathered up her things and made her way to her room. This whole scene wasn't anything new. Each and every day when Relena got home from school, Tanya would come and yell at her for one thing or another. The only time she really got out of it was when Millardo came into the house with her. Those were the times when Tanya would gush over Millardo. Hell Tanya had been trying to get with Millardo ever since he had reached the age of consent, totally disregarding the fact that in the eyes of the law she was their mother. Millardo was her best defense against Tanya. Tanya knew how much Millardo cared about Relena and was very jealous.

Relena shook her head, Tanya wasn't worth this much thought. Relena opened the door to her room. It was decorated in various shades of blue and a few shades of purple. Relena made her way over to her four poster bed and flopped down on it. Her life was far from perfect even though that was what most people thought. But she wouldn't let that get her down. A hard life as a child better prepared them for the hardships of adulthood.

Relena glanced over at her clock, which said 4:00. She had only been ten minutes late. She also had about six hours before she had to leave to go meet the others. Relena groaned as she sat up. Dinner was served promptly at 6:30 and lasted until 8:00 that would give her two hours to get ready. It would also give her two and a half hours to get her homework done. Not that she had two hours of homework that was due for the next day, but it would be a good idea to get her English assignment done.

Having decided that, Relena grabbed her back pack. Seeing how her English paper wasn't due till Wednesday, she would work on her math and social first. With a sigh, Relena grabbed her social text book and binder, might as well get the hard ones done first.


Finally done my math, Relena sighed as she sat up straight at her desk. She had only been able to work for twenty minutes while sitting on her bed before her back started to hurt. Relena glanced at the clock. It had only taken her an hour to get her math and social done. Well I'll work on my English for a while then I'll stop and do something else. Even I can't go for two hours doing nothing but school work.

Relena grabbed the last of her books out of her bag. Since it was her favorite subject Relena lost track of time, being totally absorbed in her work. That is until someone knocked on her bedroom door.

"Yes?" called Relena as she stretched out her neck muscles.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Miss Relena," began the servant at the door, "but you have a phone call."

Relena got to her feet and walked over to the servant saying, "Thank you," as she accepted the phone. The servant bowed slightly then closed the door.

"Hello?"

"Hey Relena. It's Hilde." Hilde said on the other end of the line.

"Hey, how'd you get my number?" asked a puzzled Relena.

"It's amazing how much you can get off the internet," commented Hilde. "I had Natasha look it up for me. I swear that chick is a computer wiz."

"Sounds like." Relena said glancing at the clock. It was 5:30 and she had been planning to stop working any way. "So what's up?"

"Oh nothing really. Just called to see what you were up to."

"Well I was working on my homework until you called. You have good timing cause I was just about to stop for the night." Relena told Hilde as she went over to lie down on her bed.

"What is it with you and homework? You are forever doing your school work. At the end of class, during your spares, you’re like a fucken school workaholic." Hilde said exasperatedly.

"No it's not that," Relena laughed. "I told you already, I like to use my time at home for things I want to do. That and my mother would notice something was up if I didn't."

"Oh right, I forgot," came a sarcastic reply, "you have to keep up your perfect student routine."

"Hey I'm not playing at this. While I was at all those private schools, no one believed that I should be there. Most parents shower their children with their wealth. My mother only ever did enough to make me passable but not really accepted. There if you have all the latest technology, the coolest ride, the hottest clothes, that's what makes you popular."

"It's like that here too, only rides and technology don't really affect your status as much." Hilde commented. "You attitude does. If you don't have an attitude to suit us you don't get far."

"Yeah, being a leader of the Angels means that you pretty much set the status quo in school." Relena commented dryly.

"Only so much," Hilde countered. "The preps and jocks all have their own status quos but if you want anything higher, then you enter my territory."

"And sometimes you feel that people should be up there and you give them a hand." Relena laughed. Before Hilde could reply, Relena heard someone pick up another phone. "Hello?"

"Relena?" came Tanya's voice over the phone. "What are you doing on the phone?"

"I'm sorry, mother, but I got a phone call," Relena told her sweetly hoping Hilde wouldn't say anything.

"Well I need to make an urgent phone call so I would like you to get off the line." Tanya demanded.

"Yes mother," Relena answered trying to keep her voice even. "Could you just give me a couple minutes to say good bye to my friend?"

"You have two minutes." Tanya said as she hung up the phone.

"Man what a bitch." Hilde commented once Tanya hung up.

"You don't have to tell me that." Relena rolled her eyes.

"I need to make an urgent phone call'." Hilde mocked Tanya. "I'm sure it's important."

"The urgency of the call went up as soon as she found out that I was on the phone." Relena said as she glanced at the clock. "But the shit will really hit the fan if I'm still on when she picks the phone up again. So I'll let you go and I'll see you later on tonight."

"Yeah later." Hilde said and then hung up.

With a sigh, Relena hung up the phone as well. Why was it that Tanya hated her so much? It seems more than just because Millardo loves me. Hell I'm his baby sister. But then again when has anyone really needed a reason to hate, loath, and despise another person? I'll just end up with a migraine trying to figure it out.

Sighing again Relena looked at the clock which said 5:45. She had only been talking to Hilde for fifteen minutes. Well it leaves me time to shower before I have to get ready for supper. Then perhaps after supper I'll be able to do some reading or maybe finish my English paper, Relena thought. Though I'm sure Hilde would kill herself laughing if she knew that she was thinking about that. But enough about that, I have to get ready for dinner. With that, Relena headed to her bathroom to shower.


Forty-five minutes later saw Relena sitting at the dinning room table freshly showered and changed. She sat there in silence with her brother. Millardo had to be thinking about his friends’ cause that was the only time that he wore that particular expression. The two siblings were waiting on their mother, who always demanded punctuality from them but was rarely punctual herself.

Relena was just about to break the silence that was hanging in the air when Tanya breezed in. As soon as she stepped into the room, the servants began to lay out the first course. Tanya had ordered it to be this so that it would seem as though she was just on time.

"Good evening Millie, Relena," Tanya greeted them. "It seems that I'm just in time for dinner."

"Good evening Mother," the siblings chorused together. It was the same routine that they went through every night. Relena had to try not to burst out laughing every night to. Millardo cringed each time Tanya called him 'Millie' and Tanya cringed each time he called her 'Mother'.

As always, the first two courses of the meal were silent, it was Relena's favorite part of the meal. Well no desert was because that meant that she could escape soon. Tonight however the silence lasted right up until desert was served. This made Relena edgy. What was Tanya up to? She always talked to Millardo, why hasn't she said a word to him yet?

"Do you want to hear a funny story, Millie dear?" Tanya asked finally breaking the silence.

"What's it about, Mother?" Millardo asked totally uninterested.

"It's about a girl who was late getting home from school and had the nerve to blame her brother's friends. On top of that she had gone to school looking like on the common gutter rats that inhabit this city. Can you believe the nerve of that girl? Just think of the shame she has brought to her family." Tanya told him with a shocked expression like she wasn't talking about Relena.

"Mother," Millardo began with an exasperated sigh, "why is it you always seem to be on Relena's case? The two girls that I had asked to pick Relena up were running a little behind. So it wasn't her fault that she was late and they take full responsibility."

"That doesn't explain nor justify the fact that she went to school looking like a trollop." Tanya sneered at the fact Millardo was once again picking up for Relena.

"Mother, I already explained that I wore those clothes because it was a spirit day. And what I chose was very conservative to what a lot of young women my age wear." Relena defended herself, knowing that if Millardo answered Tanya would get two different stories.

"I saw what she was wearing when I dropped her off this morning and she's right it was very conservative." Millardo backed her up.

"Be that as it may, I will not have you parading around your school without your uniform." Tanya stated. "How do you think that makes me look? People will start saying that I'm to poor to afford the uniform."

"But it was. ..." Relena began but was sharply cut off.

"But nothing, Relena." Tanya said shortly. "I will not take any sass from you, go to your room and stay there for the rest of the evening."

Relena's jaw dropped, she was being sent to her room like a two-year-old. Relena closed her mouth and, glancing at her brother, rose to make her way up stairs.

"You know that once she is nineteen we're outta here, right?" Millardo said using some slang to irritate Tanya.

"She'll be here until I say she can leave, and the more you protect her, the longer it will be," Tanya replied.

"I don't think so, Mother," Millardo smirked. "You see I went and talked to Father's lawyer today and he said that Father only gave you control over our inheritance until Relena turned nineteen. On that day you lose all guardianship rights and we'll be able to leave, with all the money and properties."

Tanya's face went white as Millardo smirked. After a minute, Millardo rose and went to find his sister.

To Be Continued. . . . .