Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a December ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

DISCLAIMER:

I don't own ANYTHING Gundam Wing oriented. It is all property of its copyright holders, sadly. I do however own Mikhaila Zakhovic, so please don't use her w/o asking. ^_^ Thanks! Enjoy! Don't worry… the yummy stuff is coming! ^_^

Chapter 1

"I will kill you." Heero Yuy declared ominously as he pointed the shiny, black gun at his braided comrade, Duo Maxwell. With a toss off his chestnut-colored head, the American gave a derisive laugh and resumed pointing his gun right back at the Japanese boy. "Not if I kill you first!" he smirked.

"Honestly, you two! The world itself is reaching a time of peace- can't you two work things out without violence?!" sighed a small blond teen from his perch on the windowsill. Quatre Winner shook his head and went back to gazing dreamily out the window at the falling December snow.

"Give it a rest, Winner. I doubt if those two are even capable of resolving conflict any other way…" said an incredulous Chinese teen as he entered the room, adjusting his beige Preventers uniform as he made his way over to the sofa. Chang Wufei sat himself down, folded his arms and watched as the two teens continued their confrontation.

"Aww FUCK!" Duo suddenly cursed loudly as he fiddled with his weapon. Likewise, Heero curiously eyed the barrel of his gun.

Without a word, Trowa Barton stood up from his place at the long boardroom style table and turned towards the doorway expectantly. Everyone turned to see what he was looking at. There stood a rather serious looking young girl, accompanied by Dr. J. She wasn't in a uniform, but rather wore a very unusual if not outright weird outfit. She sported a very short navy blue pleated skirt, with small, tight-fitting black shorts underneath. Attached to the shorts by black garter belts were what seemed to be leg warmers- but these leg warmers appeared anything but warm! They were made of a thin, stretchy material, tight along her shapely legs and flaring out at her ankles. Thick-heeled black boots peeked out from under these, and made her appear a few inches taller than her actual five-feet-one-inch height.

Her top mimicked the rest of her attire- it too was black, a mock turtleneck without sleeves, but instead, those funny stretchy leg warmer (arm warmer?) things, attached with garter belts. Her light brown hair was done up neatly in two buns on either side of her head, secured tightly in place with navy blue ribbons.

Despite her somewhat strange appearance, they were all immediately drawn to her. She was, mostly definitely, a beautiful girl. She had very delicate facial features- a small, cherubic nose situated just above her rosebud mouth. However, it was her eyes were that stood out the most. Emerald green sparkled with interest as all five former Gundam pilots stared.

"Excuse me, boys, but I have someone for you to meet," announced Dr. J, gripping an electric cord in his fist. Duo and Heero immediately removed their virtual reality headsets and set them on the coffee table.

"This is Mikhaila Zakharov, she is new to the Preventers and will be starting with your unit tomorrow," continued Dr. J as he set aside the cord.

The girl lowered her head respectfully. "Please, call me Misha," she said in a surprisingly friendly and mature-sounding voice.

"Nice to meet you Miss Misha!" smiled Quatre, ever the amiable one, as he walked up to her and shook her hand. "I'm Quatre Raberba Winner, but please call me Quatre!"

Misha raised her head and smiled. Quatre felt his heart flutter, just for a second, as he drank in her warm expression.

Wufei, from his seated position on the couch nodded, with a somewhat displeased look on his face. "Chang Wufei," he muttered, somewhat coldly.

Heero and Duo approached, and introduced themselves. "Welcome. I'm Heero Yuy," the Perfect Soldier nodded and shook Misha's hand.

"Hi! I'm Duo. I mean Duo Maxwell! Um, actually, call me just Duo! Ha ha ha…!" Duo felt like a complete idiot in front of this girl. Misha raised her eyebrows. Stupid, stupid, stupid!, Duo thought furiously at himself. However, relief flooded over him as she started to laugh and smiled back.

"Nice to meet you too, `Just Duo'," she grinned, taking his hand. Duo was melting from her touch, when Trowa appeared beside him. " Hi.." he said in a voice barely above a whisper.

Trowa had always been a quiet boy, but he had come very far since the five of them had been together in the months after Operation Meteor took place. For some reason, he seemed to have reverted back to his previous manner.

"Hi there… Trowa right?" Misha tilted her head amicably and took his hand, releasing Duo's. Trowa opened and closed his mouth hesitantly. "Yes. Welcome to our unit," he said, the tiniest hint of a smile dancing over his lips.

Dr. J cleared his throat. "Well, Mikhaila, I will expect you to come to my office for a briefing at sixteen-hundred-hours. Until then, I will leave you all to get better acquainted." Misha thanked the elderly scientist and he left the room.

*************************************************************** *********

PRONOUNCIATION and GLOSSARY

Mikhaila- pronounced "mee-ha-ee-la"

Misha- "mee-shah"