Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets of the Library ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey there readers!! Nightshadow here. I wrote this cause some odd stuff happened at the library I work at during the summer. Shelves in my section kept being moved after closing!!! And cause I wanted to write one and this was a great subject! This is my first fic ever!!! Well read and enjoy. Criticism and comments welcome. Oh, umm, I almost forgot. Any poetry or short story excerpts are mine unless stated otherwise. Shalon, Shay, Larak, Tanner, and Cara are mine as well. So's the story idea. Have fun!! ^_^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own, nor claim to own the Gundamn Wing Characters. This story is only for fun, not profit. So please don't sue, cause if you do I'll you'll get is a chatty dog, ornery goat and a flock of annoying chickens, which all my money goes to, to feed. Enjoy!

Email: nightingale_t2@yahoo.com

Archive: Ask first please.

Warnings: Sap, Annoying parents, Shonen Ai/Yaoi

Pairings: 3x4 so far. Will be 1+2/1x2

**: Backflashes


The Vampire in the Library
By: Nightshadow

Prologue

"Hey Heero!" Quatre called as he, Trowa and Wufei ran to catch up with their longtime friend.
Stopping Heero waited for them to catch up before continuing his walk home.
"We were thinking of going camping for a few weeks now that schools out and wanted to know if you'd come."
"Can't."
"Oh," His bright smile dimmed slightly in disappointment.
Interest peaked since Heero had never before refused to go camping with them, Wufei asked. "Why not?"
"Bill got me a job at the Old Library" he answered in his usual monotone.
"That's great!" Said Quatre only to find himself the recipient of Heero's Death-Glare. "Gomen Heero," he apologized.
The glare lessened slightly but did not waver from its intended victim.
"When do you start?" asked Trowa, hoping to divert Heero's attention from his love.
Heero glanced at Trowa then returned to gazing straight ahead. "Tomorrow."
Trowa maneuvered himself between Heero and Quatre hoping to prevent the blond from becoming the recipient of another glare, should he make a comment that displeased Heero.
Quatre having common sense refrained from commenting enthusiastically and instead exclaimed. "You mean you don't get even one day off before you start!"
"Hn. It won't be that hard."
"What are your hours?" Asked Wufei.
"Monday thru Saturday opening to closing."
"And the times would be" he prompted.
"9-8 Monday and Thursday, 9-5Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday and 9-12 Saturday."
"Oh," said Quatre. Then smiled as a thought came to him. "We can visit you at work all the time since it's a public library and help out too while we keep you company! And after you're done we can go do what we normally do."
Looking to the two other boys who nodded agreement, Heero gave a slight smile. "Thanks."
"None needed, Heero," said Wufei. "We're your friends. Besides anything else would be unjust."
A slightly larger smile from Heero and chuckles from Quatre and Trowa greeted his final statement, bringing to light an amused scowl from Wufei.
"Where and when" asked Heero as the chuckles died down and they continued on their way.
"The first waterfall on Crystal Peak Mountain on Saturday," answered Trowa.
"We will probably leave later that night so that we may arrive at the beginning of the trail in the morning," continued Wufei.
"I'm hoping we can rent some horses for the trip."
"You have to know how to ride first little one."
"I haven't fallen off in weeks and besides if we do that you will be able to continue my lessons," he said smiling pleadingly. "Uh, do you know how to ride Wufei?"
"Yes, I do."
"Great! See it'll work."
"Alright, Quatre we'll rent your horses."
"Thank you!" Smiling happily he gave Trowa a quick hug.
"Your welcome, love." He said returning the hug.
"Lovebirds." Muttered Wufei causing Quatre to blush and Trowa to wrap an arm around his lover's waist.
Smiling up at Trowa, he leaned against him as the group settled in a companionable silence that lasted the rest of the way to Heero's house.
"Bye" called Quatre. "We'll come by and see you tomorrow." He continued as he and Trowa turned toward home.
"See you tomorrow, Heero." Called Wufei as he too turned to go to his home.
Waving to all three, Heero turned and entered the house he shared with his foster parents.
"How was your day?" Asked Abby as he walked part the kitchen.
"Fine."
"Okay. Dinner will be ready in an hour."
"I'm not hungry."
"Please Heero. I know you're mad about what Bill said last night, but its only because he cares," she said pleadingly.
"Hn," he answered as her words brought the scene from yesterday to the fore of his mind.
**Dinner had passed as it normally did with Abby and Bill talking, while he ignored them until...
"Heero" called Bill.
Looking up he silently waited.
"I believe its time for you to take some responsibility in life and stop playing around so much. You spend all your time with those friends of yours and that computer."
'Hn. I'm a straight A student with a black belt in both Karate and Tae Kwon Do. I do every chore assigned me. And he considers me irresponsible? Idiot.'**

While Heero had been thinking Bill had continued his lecture, oblivious to the fact his charge could have cared less and wanted him to get to the point already.
"...And I believe its time you learned the true meaning of hard work..."
'I learned that long before I met you'
"...Therefore I got you a job at the Old Library. You start the day after school is out tomorrow." Smiling in satisfaction he sat back to await his charges answer.
"Hn. Fine." Getting up he took his dirty dishes to the sink and washed them then left for his room. 'At least it's a job that won't interfere with my writing.'
**
"I'm not mad."
"Alright. Then we'll see you at dinner? She asked.
"Fine. I'll come down," he said as he left for his room.
Dinner passed in the usual manner, this time though there was no interruption as there had been the night before. As soon as the dishes were done Heero retired to his room and his writing.