Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled (For now...) ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Miri: Sorry, I was taking a break from my GW fics and doing my originals…THANK U ALL OF MY AWESOME BESTEST REVIEWERS!!!! *happy*

Tori: HI!!! ^^;;

A few minutes of waiting, motionless, told me that I hadn't tripped the alarm. I slammed my fist into the metal (weakly I might add) causing everything to shut down, including the lock on the door. I scrambled to my feet, knowing I only had a few seconds before the emergency power reserves were activated. I rammed into the door, making it fly open, and ran down the hall. I whooped gloriously as I got closer to the door, slowing down to enjoy the moment to its fullest. When I touched the door handle, I heard a gun click. I sucked in a deep breath through my teeth and my eyes widened, fear was taking over again. I stood there for what seemed like hours (it was just a few seconds really [shut up self!] ok), waiting for the pain to come. The lights flickered back on and still I stood. I didn't notice my arm starting to hurt or the tears in my eyes, I was focusing on the person behind me with the gun. He or she was waiting for me to make a move.

`I was close…so close!' I let my arm fall limply to my side and slowly made to turn around. It was a boy about my age with brown hair and emotionless blue eyes. He lowered his gun and seemed to be studying me.

"What's your name?" he asked quietly. At first, I couldn't answer, but when he raised his gun, my throat became unstuck.

"Tatsu." I answered. He put away his gun, but still glared without blinking. It was somewhat unnerving and I stiffened a little more.

"What's your name?" I asked, backing into the door. He didn't answer my question, but asked another.

"Why are you here?" he asked, looking away finally. I let out my breath trying not to make a sound.

"I have information." Was all I said. He frowned and stared at me again. I blinked.

"What kind of information?" his eyes narrowed. I pressed my back against the door.

"Uh...about the rebels…that's why they were keeping me here." He nodded as if he had found what he was looking for, then grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hall on my left side. I don't know how I managed to keep up, for I was still stiff from fear. He came to an abrupt stop at one intersection and closed his eyes like he was trying to remember something. I just stood there in confusion, waiting uncomfortably for him to do something (and noticing his hand still holding mine!!).

"This way." He muttered, pulling me into another hallway on our left. Soon after, we stopped again, but for a completely different reason. I could see the exit and the fighting going on outside, but between us and the door was most of the operatives in the base. I uttered a small, "Damn!" and unconsciously got closer to the brown haired boy.