Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? (2 of ?)

Archived at fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org as Nightseer

Category: Romance, AU-Tenchi Universe

Pairings: Just friends for now, eventually 1x2x1, maybe 3+4

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: Trowa might be a little OOC

Spoilers: For Gundam Wing, not a one. For Tenchi Universe, oh yeah

Feedback: This is my first story and I am without a beta. So feedback is most defiantly wanted. Suggestions, comments, ideas, and even grammar and spelling corrections are all very, very welcome.

"speech"

`thought'

Chapter Two: Partners and Computers

***Galaxy Police Headquarters***

Detective First Class Trowa Barton was pissed. As he stalked down the station corridors to his office he glared and growled at anyone who dared to speak to him. He even managed to make one new recruit wet himself. `Three days. He's been gone three damn days. No report, no check-in. Hell, he hasn't even e-mailed Iria. All because of some stupid rumors that Maxwell was seen near the Sol system.' His mental tirade was cut off as his glare immune assistant handed him his messages. Looking through the pile he clenched his teeth.

"Still nothing from Detective Winner?"

"No sir, nothing yet."

"Thank you Sam. If anyone else calls just take a message and tell them I'll get back to them tomorrow."

"Yes sir.

Trowa walked into his office and threw himself into his chair. Glaring over at his partner's deserted cabbit print covered desk he thought `The worst thing about this is he took my ship.' [1]

***Earth***

Once lunch was finished and after threatening to superglue Heero's laptop shut if he didn't spend at least some time with their guests, Katsuhito left to tend to the shrine. Heero, who interpreted this as just being in the same room, decided to bring his laptop downstairs. When he was leaving his room he remembered Duo had still been holding that egg all through lunch. Figuring the baka might want to put it down at some point he went to dig up his old wicker Easter basket out of the bathroom linen closet. Grabbing it and an old towel to line the bottom he headed back downstairs.

Down in the living room while Duo was laying down for a nap Quatre was leaning against the entrance way wondering how he was going to tell his fanatical partner he had crashed his ship. He had a feeling the second his report reached Headquarters quite a few newbies were going to be in need of some serious therapy. Shuddering, he remembered the last time Trowa had lost it. `Now that I think about it, it was one of Duo and Ryo-Ohki's pranks that set him off. [1] I can only hope and pray he's not the one to come rescue me.' Looking at his sleeping friend who was curled around Ryo-Ohki's egg he could imagine the ass-whipping Trowa would get if he managed to actually piss the braided maniac off. Snorting, he thought `Then again that might not be a bad thing. It might take him down a peg or two if Duo kicked his ass.' Silencing a laugh at the idea of Duo's chi sword cutting through Trowa's gun he pulled his computer out of his pocket and moved to sit on the couch.

Right as he was about to hit the button to turn it on he recalled his promise to let Heero look it over. As he was standing up to go find the other boy Heero walked into the room carrying a dark brown basket and thick piece of black plastic. Holding a finger to his lips he pointed to the sleeping boy and motioned Heero towards the kitchen. "I'm going to take a wild guess that the black thing is your laptop but what's the basket for?" he whispered.

"It's for the egg."

"You're really going to tick Duo off if you keep referring to Ryo-Ohki as an inanimate object. He's really protective of her."

Rolling his eyes as he removed the phone from the wall in the kitchen and connected the phone line to his computer Heero scoffed at Quatre. "What's he going to do, beat me up?"

"Duo might not look it but he's extremely powerful. Like I said before, he doesn't like to show off. Don't take him for the fool he acts like." he warned as he sat down.

Giving the blonde a look of total disbelief as he sat down next to him Heero turned on his computer. "You're making him sound like the killer rabbit from that old Monty Python movie."

"What?"

"Cute and innocent one minute, ass kicker the next. Remind me sometime. I'll find it for you. My point is no one who acts like him could kick my ass."

"Don't say I didn't warn you. It's your passing."

"Funeral."

"Huh?"

"Here the phrase is `It's your funeral.'"

"I'll remember that. Now, do you still want to look at my computer?"

"If you don't mind showing me I'd love to."

"Okay, watch this." Quatre placed the silver stick length wise on the table and pushed a button on one end. Suddenly the stick rose about an inch off the table and split into three pieces. One piece rose twelve inches into the air while another extended ten inches across the table's surface. The piece in the middle didn't move. Once the pieces stopped moving a see through black surface could be seen on the lower half while the top half appeared to be a monitor. When Heero looked closely he could see letters and other various symbols on the black surface.

"How does it work?"

"Well, the whole thing is touch sensitive. If you touch the icons on the screen you can bring up programs or you can use this circle here on the key pad to move the curser around and click on them. Also, the computer is DNA sensitive. That means only I can turn it on and access certain programs and files. If you tried to use it you could only open up a blank document or the games, which suck by the way. Plus since this computer was made specifically for a Galaxy Police officer it also checks to make sure the registered user is alive while using it. That way anytime an officer is killed the killer cannot gain access to sealed files. Anything else you want to know about it?"

As Heero eyed the computer a little voice in the back of his head was jumping up and down going `Ooo new toy! I want, I want!' "Yeah, who invented this and where can I get one?"

"Don't even think about it. I really don't need to get my superiors any more pissed off then they're going to be once they see my report. But as to who invented it I believe the original idea for a shadow computer came from this crazy, katana wielding scientist a couple hundred years ago. I don't remember his name but he was supposedly this super genius that came up with tons of weird ideas. Only a few of his ideas were practical enough for every day use though. Anything else?"

"No I think that's everything."

"Well I'm going to start my report. Don't hesitate to ask me if you think up any more questions."

Tbc…

[1] If you're wondering Duo and Ryo-Ohki snuck into G.P. Headquarters and repainted Quatre and Trowa's office. Duo did the walls and desks a bright pumpkin orange while Ryo-Ohki put little green cabbit paw and ear prints all over the floors, desk, and anywhere else she could reach. She also did a few full body prints on the windows and the door.