Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? (6 of ?)

Archived at fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org as Nightseer

Category: Romance, Fusion -Tenchi Universe

Pairings: Just friends for now, eventually 1x2x1, maybe 3+4

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: A few swear words, maybe a bit of sap and fluff here and there, my weird attempts at humor

Spoilers: For Gundam Wing, not a one. For Tenchi Universe, probably

Feedback: Suggestions, comments, ideas, and even grammar and spelling corrections are all welcome.

"speech"

`thought'

*** *** location change

Cabbit Communication:

/Ryo-Ohki to Duo/

(Duo to Ryo-Ohki)-rare but Duo will occasionally speak telepathically to her.

Chapter Six: Traditions

*** The Nicron System ***

A very unusal ship could be seen leaving the planet of Nicron VI. The outside of the ship was made of wood shaped like two hollow fish tails fussed together. In the center there was a blue oval dome resting on the flat surface where the fish tails met. Its unique design marked it as one of the most powerful ships in the Jurai fleet: Ryu-Oh.

The inside was also unusual. The entire ship was covered in many different types of plants and the walls were actually made of branches woven together. In the main room of the ship a young blonde woman in a beautiful pink and lavender kimono was watching Nicron VI slowly grow smaller and smaller on the main view screen. Behind her a large log was floating a few inches above the ground. It had a small lavender electronic eye and a red design painted on the front. The young woman sighed as she turned the view screen off.

"Is there something wrong Princess Relena?" The eye flashed as the log spoke.

"Not really Azaka. I'm just tired from the marriage negotiations. How long until we meet with Princess Hilde and Kamidake?"

"Two hours Princess. I have just received another message from Lady Iria."

"Let me guess. She and Detective Barton wish to know if we've seen or heard from my cousin." Annoyance was clearly heard in Relena's voice.

"Yes ma'am"

"Please inform Lady Iria that we have not seen Quatre nor heard from him and will continue to monitor all frequencies until we do."

"Yes ma'am"

***Earth***

As Heero came into the house he heard his grandfather's voice coming from the kitchen. Deciding to drop his bag off before checking it out, he headed upstairs to his bedroom. When he tossed his bag on to the bed something squeaked. He moved the heavy bag aside and found a very pissed off brown cabbit. The cabbit bit his hand and hightailed out the door and down the stairs.

"Shit." Heero looked at the bite mark on his hand, then after the cabbit in shock. `At least it didn't break the skin.' Wanting to find out what had just attacked him and why it had been in his room he quickly followed the cabbit to the kitchen.

Downstairs Duo and Quatre were helping Katsuhito put away the last of the groceries. As Duo was coming out of the pantry Ryo-Ohki jumped on to his shoulder and hid under his braid. Pulling Ryo-Ohki off his neck, Duo glared at the cabbit.

"What did you do?"

/I was sleeping and this guy tried to squish me so I bit him./

"Who did you bite?! Wait, where *were* you?"

"In my room"

Duo looked up to see Heero come into the kitchen, still in his school uniform. He didn't look too happy to see him or Ryo-Ohki.

"Ah Heero, you're home already. Here, put this in the fridge." Katsuhito handed him a bag and walked past Duo into the pantry.

The Japanese boy shot Duo and Ryo-Ohki a glare and moved to help put things away. "When this is done I want an explanation."

(Great, just great. That was Hee-chan, Ryo-Ohki.)

/Oops./

~*~*~*~*~*

After everything was put away, Katsuhito and Quatre started dinner. Snagging Ryo-Ohki from the kitchen, Heero and Duo went on a walk. To make sure they didn't run in to Odin on their way, Heero took the path to the opposite side of the lake Duo had crashed in.

"Explain."

"You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that buddy."

"What is that?" Heero gestured to the cabbit Duo was carrying.

/Hey! I am not a that./

(Don't start. You're still in trouble for biting him.)

"This is Ryo-Ohki. She hatched last night."

"I figured that out, baka. I meant, what is she?" Heero asked, climbing over a fallen tree.

"She's a cabbit. They're shape shifters. Here, hold her a second." Duo shoved Ryo-Ohki into Heero's hands and climbed over the tree.

Heero held the cabbit by the scruff of the neck while supporting her body on the other hand, trying to make sure she couldn't bit him again. Duo snickered as he hopped down.

"She won't bite you again. You're on the list." Duo took Ryo-Ohki back and massaged her where Heero had gripped her neck.

Heero raised an eyebrow at this new information. "She bites people often enough that you actually had to make up a list of people she can and cannot bite?"

"Yep. Though she usually only does it to protect me or to defend herself. But there are a few people she bites because they annoy her. I think she bit you because you tried to squash her."

"I wouldn't have if she hadn't been on my bed. Which brings me to my next question. Why was she sleeping in my room?"

"Good question." He raised Ryo-Ohki to eye level and starred into her gold eyes. "Why were you in his room? You could have crashed in our room or on the couch."

/You guys were running all over the house putting stuff up. His room was quiet./

"Quiet my ass. You wanted to snoop, didn't you?"

/Well…maybe a little./

"Sorry man. She was being nosey again." Duo gave Heero a contrite grin. "She's been looking out for me since I was little and it's caused her to be curious about everything."

"How did you understand her?" Heero was looking from Ryo-Ohki to Duo and back again.

Duo handed him Ryo-Ohki again. He took off his wrist braces and choker and put them in his pockets. "I forgot you weren't here this morning." He tapped the gem on his throat. "They're power gems. One of the things they do is let me talk to Ryo-Ohki." He took back the cabbit and continued walking. Realizing Heero wasn't moving he turned around. "Are we doing the `I can't deal so I'll stand around like an ass' thing from yesterday?"

Heero glared at the braided boy and started walking again. "I'm not being an ass." He was quiet for a moment. "What else can you do?"

"Well, I can fly, teleport, manipulate my chi, summon certain types of spirits, control fire, and manipulate shadows. Even though it doesn't sound like it, that last one can come in handy quite a bit."

Heero spent the next few minutes thinking about what Duo had said. Quatre's warning was starting to make a little more sense to him, but he still didn't quite believe it. "Show me." he said softly.

That stopped Duo. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

Heero stopped and faced him. "Show me."

"Like what?"

Heero shrugged, looking uncomfortable. "I don't know. Something simple."

"Something simple huh? Okay." He knelt down and put Ryo-Ohki on the path. "Go let Cat know we'll be late for dinner."

/How am I supposed to do that? I can't talk to him, ya know?/

"You're smart. You'll think of something."

/Fine. You owe me for this though./

(You bit Heero. He's on the list. I don't owe you squat.)

Ryo-Ohki flipped her tail up at him and ran off. Duo stood up and hugged Heero.

"What are you doing?"

"Just hug me back and don't let go. No matter what." Duo looked up at Heero and winked. "What? Don't ya trust me?"

Heero slowly wrapped his arms around Duo's waist. At first he didn't notice anything, but then he looked down. They were floating about a foot off the ground. "Shit!" he gasped, tightening his grip on Duo.

"So, anywhere in particular you wanna go?"

"The lake I guess. There's a small island with a tree in the center." Heero's voice was kind of wobbly.

Since this was Heero's first time flying with him, Duo took it slow. As he rose above the trees he slightly tilted little by little until they were parrell to the ground. Going at a snail's pace, Duo looked at Heero and started laughing

"You know, it's a lot better with your eyes open, Hee-chan."

Heero's eyes shot open at the nickname, glaring at Duo. "I thought I told you to not to call me that."

"It got you to open your eyes though. Don't worry, I won't drop you. Try looking down. It's a beautiful view."

When he finally got the courage turn his eyes to the ground Heero decided that Duo was right. It was beautiful. The hills always looked wonderful during the fall, but the view from the ground was nothing compared to this. From his new vantage point the changing colors on the trees looked like they were melting into each other, from fire-orange, to yellow, to green. He wanted his camera.

"Can you go faster?"

"Yep, how fast do you wanna go?"

"Surprise me."

Duo got a wicked grin on his face. "As the passenger wishes." The pace picked up until Duo's braid lay flat against his back from the force of the wind. The colors below became a fiery blur. Duo circled the island a few times to slow down. When they landed next to the tree, Heero's legs gave out and the two boys fell to the ground laughing. "I take it you liked that, huh?" Duo gasped out.

With his laughter finally under control, Heero turned to Duo with a small smile. "Do you think we could do it again? I would really like to get a picture of the hills from up there."

"What time do you leave for school tomorrow?"

"Around six thirty. Why?"

"I can give you a lift to school and you can take that picture. Sound good?"

"Yeah, it does."

Tbc…