Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Violets, Braids, and Space Pirates? (8 of ?)

Archived at fanfiction.net, mediaminer.org, and at Cali0cat's site, http://calic0cat.freeservers.com/ as Nightseer

Category: Romance, Fusion -Tenchi Universe

Pairings: Just friends for now, eventually 1x2x1, maybe 3+4

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: A few swear words, maybe a bit of sap and fluff here and there, my weird attempts at humor

Spoilers: For Gundam Wing, not a one. For Tenchi Universe, probably

Feedback: Suggestions, comments, ideas, and even grammar and spelling corrections are all welcome.

"speech"

`thought'

*** *** location change

Cabbit Communication:

/Ryo-Ohki to Duo/

(Duo to Ryo-Ohki)-rare but Duo will occasionally speak telepathically to her.

Chapter Eight: The Talk

***Galaxy Police Headquarters-Repair Shop***

Trowa was wiping his hands off as he looked over Yagami's new air filtering system. Finding everything in order, he jumped down and closed the panels. He went to the cockpit to enter the repairs into the computer and found Howard running one last system check. "Any other problems Howard?"

Howard snorted. "None that I can find. I still can't believe such a small leak was responsible for killing off all the plants in the hydroponics bay. You want me to call Iria for you while you tell Commander Kushrenada you're leaving?"

"Please. I need to leave as soon as possible."

"Alight then." Howard shut the computer down. "I'll have one of the crews put her in the take off bay. She should be there in thirty minutes."

"Thanks again Howard"

"No problem. Just make sure Winner comes home in one piece."

***Earth***

Duo was sketching the island in the lake when Quatre and Ryo-Ohki walked up. Closing his pad, he walked over to where the other two were waiting. "You ready to try transforming Ryo-Ohki?"

/Yes, but I why do I need to transform underwater?/

"You can't be seen clearly by satellite if you transform there. We don't want explain our selves to the military or whoever they send after aliens on this planet."

/That makes sense. Just don't forget to shield me until I transform./

"Don't worry, I won't. I don't want to give you another bath."

As Ryo-Ohki jumped into the lake, the two boys moved back a few feet. For a few seconds nothing happened. Then the water began to bubble and rise. The mound of water splashed down revealing four sharp spikes.

"Which way do you wanna go in, phasing or teleporting?"

"Teleporting if you don't mind. Walking through walls makes me sick." Quatre rubbed his stomach, face turning green at just the thought.

Duo grabbed Quatre's wrist and quickly teleported the two inside the ship. Once inside he pointed Quatre over to a crystal that had a small hole and was flashing blue. "You can use that to send you report in. Just slide your computer in and a shadow computer should appear."

As Quatre was typing in the encryption codes he called over his shoulder to Duo. "Can I call Iria on this thing?"

"Nope, Iria's too far out. The signal wouldn't be clear enough. You can email her though." Duo said from the chair in the center of the open command deck. While waiting on Quatre to finish he decided to have a *talk* with Ryo-Ohki. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

(Ryo-Ohki, I need you to listen to me for a minute, okay?)

/Sure. What's up?/

(I know you want me to hook up with someone and me and Quatre staying here is probably sending your match making thing into over drive, but please *don't*. I really, *really* don't want you to do *anything*.)

/But…/

(No buts. I'm serious about this. Heero's a nice guy and all, but I barely know him. So no more innuendos or questions about if I think he's hot or not. If I ever do decide to date someone it will be on *my* terms. Not because you decided they would be good for me.)

/ Fine, I promise I'll stop./ Ryo-Ohki was quiet for a moment. /But what do you think of him as a person? As a friend?/

Duo sighed. (Promise not to read anything into it.)

/I promise./

(He's nice. A little quiet and reserved but nice. I mean, he didn't freak too badly when he found me and Quatre and he handled flying better than Cat did the first time.) Duo chuckled softly at the memory. (Plus, he is interested in photography so maybe he would be interested in other forms of art. It might be nice to talk to him about it later.)

/So in other words, a possible friend./

(Yeah.) Duo sighed again. (Thanks Ryo-Ohki.)

Duo opened his eyes and stood up. Walking over to where Quatre was typing he read the e-mail to Iria. "Tell her I said hi."

"I will. I checked my e-mail while my report was going through. Apparently she asked Relena to look for me and Trowa left this morning in Yagami to come find me." Quatre shook his head. "The last thing we need is Relena popping up here. Trowa I can deal with but not Relena."

"I know that Ryo-Ohki and I can't stand Relena because of that time she thought Ryo-Ohki was a rat and tried to kill her but I've never gotten it why you two don't get along."

Quatre glanced at Duo briefly. "You know all those charity functions she throws?"

"Those gaudy, expensive parties, yeah, I know about them."

"Well a couple of years ago I helped organize one. After it was over I calculated the amount spent versus the amount raised. Turns out, she spent more money on the damn party than she managed to raise for the charity." Quatre sighed as he finished off his e-mail. "When I pointed out that she could help them out more by just giving them money and setting an example, she got pissed off and threw me out. We haven't really spoken since." Quatre snorted. "Then there's the fact that when we were little you and I always used to make her the brunt of our pranks."

"Man I wish I still had that picture of her with neon green hair." Duo smirked. "I never heard someone scream so loud in my life."

Quatre snickered softly. "I think I have the vid of it on my computer somewhere." He hit the button to pop out his computer. "Remind me to show it to you when we get back. Ready to go?"

"Yep let's get out of here." Duo grabbed his wrist and teleported out of the ship.

***Galaxy Police Headquarters***

Treize Kushrenada looked up from his computer when his secretary came running into his office. He raised an eyebrow at her disheveled appearance.

"Yes Mary?"

"Sir, do you know where Detective Trowa Barton is? I can't find him anywhere."

"I believe he left three hours ago to find Detective Winner. Why?"

"Detective Winner's report just came in. I wanted to give him the coordinates of the planet he's on."

"Well, send the coordinates to Yagami."

"Yes sir." She was turning to go when Treize spoke up.

"Mary, before you do that perhaps you could give me Detective Winner's report."

She blushed. "Right away, sir."

***Ryu-Oh***

Relena and Hilde were sitting down for tea when Kamidake came floating in. "Princess Relena, Princess Hilde, I hate to interrupt but we have just intercepted a message from Lord Quatre to Lady Iria."

"What does it say Kamidake?" Relena asked as she put down her cup.

"It says that he and Duo Maxwell have crashed on a planet about four hours from here. Should we proceed to the planet Princess? The message includes the coordinates of the planet."

"Yes Kamidake. Please change course immediately and forward the message to Lady Iria."

"Yes ma'am."

***Earth***

Duo and Quatre were viewing the vids from all the times they had pranked Relena when Heero got home from school. When he heard the laughter coming from the living room he went to go see what was going on. Duo was on the floor rolling around laughing and Quatre was collapsed on the couch laughing so hard that he was crying. He turned the computer screen around to find a video of a young girl about seven with neon green hair in spikes chasing what looked like younger versions Duo and Quatre around.

"Do I want to know?" he asked.

"That, Hee-chan, is Princess Relena." Duo said, trying not to snicker.

The video changed to a new scene with the same pair in a pink bedroom filling someone's pillows with whipped cream. Heero turned the computer back around and walked out of the room, shaking his head. `Thank God they didn't crash here as kids.'

Tbc…