Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Waves of Influence ❯ Unspoken Rifts ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaima!!! I do not own GW!!! Though I really wish I did!!!
 
 
Chapter 3
Unspoken Rifts
 
November 8th, AC 203
Wufei returned the glare Heero was giving him. The two Asians were silent, but the tension was thick. Trowa forced himself not to shudder in the suddenly colder air. He stepped forward, wanting to break the silence. “Where's Duo, Wufei?” he asked. The Chinese man glanced at him.
“I don't know. Haven't seen him in a while. Being on different colonies and all.” He closed his eyes.
Something in Heero must have snapped because the Japanese pilot launched himself across the table. Wufei, moving impossibly fast, caught Heero's fist. He pushed the chocolate-haired man down on the table. “I may be a prisoner here, but I'm still a goddamn Gundam pilot, Yuy!” the Chinese man snapped. “I could kill you if I wanted, but then he'd be angry at me…”
Wufei's cellphone rang. The L5 leader got off of Heero and answered it. “Wufei,” he said curtly. He turned his back to the Preventors. “How are you feeling? Better?... That's good. Remember to keep taking your medicine… No, it wasn't the L3 Underworld. The Preventors caught me by surprise. One L2 member and three L5 members died in the raid… No, I haven't told them anything… Well, go to bed. I want you to rest… You want me home tonight? Very well. I'll be there in a few hours. Good night.” He hung up. “He shouldn't push himself like this,” Wufei muttered as he sat down.
“What is Duo planning?” Trowa asked.
“That is completely confidential.”
“What do you mean confidential?!” Heero yelled angrily.
Wufei glared at him. “I swore never to interfere with Duo's plans. This time will be no different.”
“You can tell us. Then you wouldn't be interfering,” Trowa said calmly.
Wufei sat back in his chair. “It doesn't matter to me. I won't tell you anything.”
“Will this be like the last time, Wufei? How long will you two disappear for?”
“No. It won't. We don't plan to vanish.”
Heero glared at the Chinese leader. “How can we trust you?”
“You can't.”
 
----------
 
Wufei pulled his coat off and placed it on the bed. He was used to harsh conditions, having participated in the war. The nanomachines in his body immediately picked up on the sudden change in temperature, and he shivered. He disconnected the Jump Drive from the shoulder holster. He'd allowed the Preventors to take his gun, but he refused to relinquish the small machine. Heero had given the Chinese man a glare like no other.
Wufei felt himself laugh when he thought about the look. Five years ago, no, not even one year ago, Wufei would have never laughed like that. Duo's influence had changed him; Duo had changed a lot of people.
The Chinese leader reached back and grabbed his shirt. He pulled it up. His skin bristled in the colder air. The nanomachines warmed up in response. Despite the changes the machines had brought him, Wufei still considered himself human while enjoying the benefits of the nanomachines. Wufei slid out of his pants and stood there nearly naked. He was by no means ashamed of his body, but it seemed that he was regressing in age to his late teens. Duo had told him that nanomachines established the prime of the host. Duo had stopped aging at about 20. The former captain had mocked Wufei mercilessly for a few weeks as his body changed. Wufei had returned the insults with ones of his own and managed to make Duo blush deep crimson, speechless.
The leader pulled on the sleepwear the Preventors had lent him. It was slightly uncomfortable, but he didn't mind it. He walked over to the bed and sat down. He made himself comfortable before he laid down and fell asleep.
 
----------
 
Wufei sat at the table, waiting for Heero and Trowa to get back from lunch. He had his own food to eat, but he was more worried about the person back on L5. The other leader had gotten sick after they'd found an illegal laboratory run by the Pure Humans Group and backed by the government. Over the past few days, he'd gotten worse, but now it seemed he was getting better.
The Chinese leader reached into his pocket and pulled out a small ring. Duo had made them while they were still on Sanctuary. According to the former captain, the colonists on Sanctuary with nanotechnology had had chips inserted into their spine to relieve the physical stress caused by the machines. However, since Wufei had gotten his nanomachines through a blood transfer, he had no such precautions. Duo had gone deep into the colony's interior, cut out his own chip, and copied every little inch of it into the ring. Wufei had found him on the floor behind a secondary Angel tank covered in blood. The chip was placed back into the cut, and Duo recovered.
At first, Wufei was hesitant to wear the pure black and red ring, but after a while, his body began to ache. Duo practically tied him to the bed and forced it onto Wufei's right ring finger. “Just wear it for a few hours every day, and you'll be fine!” the brunette yelled at him angrily. “Otherwise, I'll superglue it to your finger, and everyone will say that you're too young looking to get married!” Wufei had glared up at the braided leader from the bed. “And I'll be the one with the matching ring!” Duo jumped back in time to avoid Wufei's retaliation. The L2 colonist ran out the door, laughing hysterically.
Wufei smiled at the memory. It had been only two weeks after the attack on Relena. The two pilots were hiding at an old safehouse from the wars, avoiding any physical contact with the outside world. It was simply too dangerous for them. The Chinese man slid the ring onto his finger the same way he'd been doing for the past year. He took a few deep breaths.
The door opened, and two men walked in.
 
----------
 
Trowa opened the door to the interrogation room. The conversation he was having with Heero came to an abrupt halt when both pilots saw the blood-stained room. “Get a medic!” Trowa heard Heero yell, though they both knew that there was no way anyone could have survived an attack this brutal.
“Wufei, are you in here?” Trowa asked. He avoided the blood as he walked into the room. The Chinese leader didn't answer him. Trowa examined the room for any sign of Wufei, but it was as though he'd disappeared. “Dammit all! How did he escape?!”
Trowa noticed a small necklace lying on the table. It had miraculously escaped the bloodbath unharmed. Trowa walked over to the table and picked it up. He recognized the locket and ring on the gold and silver chain.
Trowa's grip weakened from shock, and the necklace fell to the table.