Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Wheel of Life ❯ Little of the past...Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Wheel of Life
By: Haruka-chan

AN: Hello! Well all I can say is that this chapter is full of Flash Backs so prepare yourself. ^^ I can't believe that this fic is coming along so well. Anyways sorry about spelling and grammar ^^; they aren't one of my best things. Anyways I hope you guys are enjoying this fic, even if the reviews don't show that anyone is reading this, but I hope that that will change.

Little of the past...Chapter 3

Last Time...
********************************************************
"No not at all Lady Athena, actually I think your strong...stronger then anyone I know" said Nisha with a smile. Athena chuckled as she looked down at the passing ocean. "Those days are just ripples of memories now, they can never be again, they will remain with in me and fade with me" she said. "But Lady Athena should you not tell Samll Lady?" asked Nisha. Athena closed her eyes. "No...she doesn't need to know, they will be my last cilent for I will be giving up this job, and I will never seem them again" said Athena. Nisha looked at her Lady and then down at her hands, she had served this beautiful woman for so long now, and not once had she seen her smile completely...but maybe that could change. *Forgive me my lady you have done so much for us, it's time we do something for you* thought Nisha.
********************************************************

Noin sat in the garden of the new mansion where she, Miliardo, and Relena were staying. Noin smiled when she felt Miliardo place a kiss on her cheek and sit down next to her. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing I am worried about Miss Athena, she said she will be taking some time off, but the reconstruction will continue" said Noin. Miliardo looked away from her. "I see," he said. "Miliardo what is that you said to her?" asked Noin. "I asked her if she was in the kingdom before we went to visit" said Miliardo. Noin placed a hand on his cheek, and made him turned towards her. "Miliardo..." she said. "She reminded me of someone I knew when I was a boy," he said. "Was that someone a friend?" asked Noin. Miliardo chuckled "She was my best friend, we did everything together" said Miliardo. Noin found herself envy the girl that knew the young Miliardo. "What was she like?" asked Noin. "She was kind, she would always try and help any animal that got hurt, once there was a bird with a broken wing, she sat there the whole day taking care of it, when it was time for her to rest, she cried, I told her I would care for it while she was resting" said Miliardo with a soft smile. Noin saw the way his eyes had a look of pure bliss, something she hardly or never saw. "She use to be very good at sword duels, she woke at sunrise every morning just so she can practice" said Miliardo. "Sounds wonderful," said Noin. "It was rather funny, because Pagan use to end up with either a ripped shirt or lose some hair" said Miliardo. "Pagan taught her also?" asked Noin. Miliardo nodded. "Pagan took care of us, while his wife took care of Relena" he said.

Noin gave a small laugh. "Pagan was married?" she asked. "He was, and she was as kind as he, they were perfect" said Miliardo. "Just like you and your friend?" asked Noin. Miliardo looked at a smiling Noin. "I have always had a thing for protecting her, but it turned out to be the other way around," said Miliardo. "Other way round?" asked Noin. "She didn't need me and she was the one protecting me," said Miliardo. Noin smiled. "There was once a time when I was afraid of this guard and he knew it so he always tried to scare me, so one day she marched up to him with my hand in hers. She yelled at him and told him being a jerk wasn't going to get him a name in the imperial army. She was always so smart" he said. Miliardo. Noin laughed again even if she was hurting inside for what she didn't know, or maybe she did. She knew that Miliardo loved his girl dearly and the war ruined everything for him, he lost his family and his best friend. But she at one point couldn't help but feel that at she was happy the war happened, she met him and he gave her hope, she loved him, and the fact that she is second to him hurt her. He held those memories with in him, in hope of finding her one-day. "Miss. Noin, Miss. Athena has called," said Pagan. Noin nodded and stood up, followed by Miliardo. Noin walked towards the videophone and smiled. "Miss. Athena it's nice to hear from you" said Noin. Athena gave a small nodded. "Yes, it is nice to hear from you to Miss. Noin. I just called to inform you that the reconstructions should be done tonight, and we will start with the decorations tomorrow, and your invitation cards will start printing tomorrow night," said Athena. "That's wonderful Miss. Athena," said Noin. Athena smiled.

"Miss. Athena is everything all right?" asked Miliardo. Athena smiled and nodded. "Everything is all right, I just wanted to take some time of" said Athena. Miliardo nodded. "Thank you for calling Miss. Athena" said Noin. "If you have any questions at all, feel free to call or come by" said Athena and clicked of. Noin smiled and looked at Miliardo. "Looks like the Cinq Kingdom's good as new" she said. Miliardo nodded. "Miss. Noin, Mr. Winner called earlier asking for you," said Pagan. Noin nodded and proceed to call Quatre. Miliardo took the chance to slip away. Noin watched as Pagan worked. "Pagan do you remember a girl that use to play with Miliardo?" asked Noin. "Oh you must mean Lady Athena," said Pagan. *Athena?* thought Noin. She nodded "I think that's her" said Noin. "Yes, she was Prince Miliardo's best friend, they were quite inseparable" said Pagan as he smiled. "What was she like?" asked Noin. "Very intelligent, she was something other then any child I have ever seen'' said Pagan. And once again Noin saw that bliss that was in Pagan's eyes. Noin wanted to know who was this magical girl that everyone couldn't forget. "Her father was a friend of the king, her family lived on the western side while Lord Miliardo lived in the north. She spent much of her time with him, at first it was as if they couldn't stand each other. When she first arrived in the Cinq kingdom she would lock herself in the library and just read, Prince Miliardo walked in one day spying on her was what he called it, She ignored him, but he just stood there and watched her read on" said Pagan with a smile. "Stubborn as always" said Noin. "I believe that Lady Athena had said the same thing, she had said that he was stupid to waste his day just watching her read, and then told him that she couldn't remember a word of what she read because he had distracted her" said Pagan.

*******************Flash Back******************************

"Why must you be so stubborn! I couldn't concentrate on a word because for you! I wanted to so badly slap you!" she yelled with her hair moving over eyes. He watched her with a curious smile before he reached over and tucked her hair behind her ear. She gasped and then looked at him. "You shouldn't shake your head so much" he stated. "Arggh! Your so insufferable!" she said. "And your so irritating what do you find so interesting in those books anyways?" asked Miliardo. "They are interesting unlike you, and they give you knowledge" said Athena. "I'm sure they do" said Miliardo. "Your so annoying don't you have anyone else to bug?" asked Athena. "Obviously bugging you always takes up so much of my time so I don't really need to bugs others" said Miliardo taking one of the books and looking through them. "You like swords?" asked Miliardo. "Yes! Do you have a problem with that?" asked Athena. "No actually I thought girls like you liked flowers and pretty sparkly things" said Miliardo. Athena had sweat drops coming down her head. "Well I don't, I like beautiful things but that doesn't mean I like stupid things like that. I find sword duels exciting" said Athena with a small smile. She looked towards Miliardo who seemed to be smiling at her. "What?" she asked. "This has to be the first time you smiled since you got here" said Miliardo. Athena turned away picking up the book starting towards the door, when Miliardo grabbed her wrist. "Why do you always turn away?" asked Miliardo. She gave him a glare. "I don't have to explain myself to you or anyone. I didn't ask to come here I was happy back at home" said Athena.

"Where you were alone!" yelled Miliardo and then looked down for he said too much. She looked down her grip around the book tightened. "Your right I was alone...and I hated it then but now I crave that same loneliness" she said. "I'm sorry..." he stated. "No you right...I guess I should just accept the fact that I need to be more open" she said with a smile. Miliardo smiled and extended a hand. "Let's be friends, and stop smiling like your going to cry, you should smile when your happy, don't force your smile. You look much prettier when you smile" said Miliardo. Athena blushed and took his hand. "Ok" she said. "Great then we could start practicing tomorrow" said Miliardo. "Huh?" asked Athena. "Sword dueling, Pagan wouldn't mind teaching you too" said Miliardo with a wink. She smiled and nodded. "Really would he?" she asked. "You know you just smiled...you look so cute, and yes he will" said Miliardo. "Hey calm down Romeo, my heart is hard to claim" said Athena. "Who said I wanted to be your Prince?" asked Miliardo. "Your right I don't need a prince I have plenty of those" said Athena. "Really who would want to be your prince? They must be really stupid then" said Miliardo. Athena giggled as she looked over shoulder towards him. "You would be surprised" she said winking and running out.

*******************End of Flash Back******************************

Pagan laughed softly. "She was always a handful for him, but I think he liked it" said Pagan. Noin smiled. "So what happened?" asked Noin. "What else Miss. Noin she fell between the war that took place, the time of the war was exactly in between the time she was staying with us. Lord Miliardo was crushed when he couldn't find her anywhere in the palace at the time of the attack. I was protecting Miss. Relena, and that's when the Darling's adopted her, and made her as their own. Lady Athena disappeared, along with her kingdom" said Pagan. "Kingdom?" asked Noin. "Yes Lady Athena was a the princess of Austria" said Pagan. Noin nodded. "That's when Miliardo went to join the Military at Lake Victoria" said Noin. "I believe so" said Pagan. "And till this day he's looking for her?" asked Noin. "Lord Miliardo refuses to believe that someone as strong as her would just give up, he believes she is still alive, and that she wouldn't leave him without saying good-bye at least" said Pagan. "Such tragedies....what do you believe Pagan?" asked Noin. Pagan chuckled. "I will have to say that love is something doesn't die easily...and I have to agree with Lord Miliardo. Lady Athena was to strong to just give up, she's around some where" said Pagan.

*******************Flash Back******************************

*How could I ever tell him my secret? How...will he believe me?* she thought as she stood by the window and watched the sunset. She felt someone embrace her. "Athena what are you doing?" he asked. She turned and smiled at him. "Nothing...I feel tired" she whispered as she hugged him. "Tired? I think something is bothering is more like it" he said. She looked up at him and smiled. "Miliardo you are going to be my friend even if I was...different right?" asked Athena. "Yeah no matter what...but why are you asking me that?" he asked. "Hmm no reason...just wanted to know" she said smiling. She looked beautiful under the setting sun's rays, her blue eyes glowing in a strange way. He leaned in slowly before his lips where on hers in a small kiss. He pulled away with a blush on his cheek. "I...I want to only be your Prince. I want to protect you and want you to be by my side forever" said Miliardo. "Oh Miliardo...you were my Prince from the beginning" she whispered. "Good because someone taking you away from me is just not something I can handle" said Miliardo before his lips met hers again in a honest innocent kiss. *He was my first kiss, he was my first everything* thought Athena...

*******************End of Flash Back******************************

She looked from the window towards the young girl in bed holding a white rabbit at her side. She walked over to the end on the bed and took a seat and stared at her. "You will be my prince now my love...or is it princess?" she asked with a small smile as the tears started to run. She was strong or what people told her...but how stupid was what they forgot. Her eyes looked down at the girl in the bed. "Oh forgive me for not being the one you want me to be...I'm so sorry" she whispered as she got up and walked out of the room. *I shall live with the curse forever* she thought. "Lady Athena?" asked a young girl of 19 with shoulder length black hair combed to the side of her neck, her light brown eyes worried for her mistress. "Yes Natsumi" said Athena looking at the girl. "Lady the suite was found and brought back to head quarters" said Natsumi. Athena sighed and nodded. "Very well, see to all the repair" said Athena. "yes Lady Athena" she said to turn to leave when she turned. "I'm fine Natsumi, tell the others not to worry...oh and Natsumi thank you" said Athena with a smile. ~*stop smiling like your going to cry, you should smile when your happy, don't force your smile. You look much prettier when you smile*~ His words floated into her head. *Stop it!* she thought as the crystal vase cracked and bursted. "Lady Athena!" yelled Natsumi. "Oh Natsumi" she said throwing her arms round the young girl. "Lady Athena...it will be ok" she said running her hand through her mistress's hair. *I hope* she thought.

Miliardo stood in the garden once more. "Damn you Athena you knew! I always thought those stupid questions didn't make sense until that day..." said Miliardo. ~*If...if anything happens Miliardo take her highness and Relena to the lower grounds, they are the safest place to be just in case the- if anything ever happens. The weaponry room should be the safest...Miliardo I love you, and remember that I will never leave without saying good-bye*~ Her words had never left his head. He always thought why she had told him something like that. "She knew...I'm not ready to say good-bye Athena, not yet" he said. Noin stood not far away listening to him. "I'll find you...I have only you to find and everything I ever set out to do will be accomplished...how could you tell me not to look for you?" he asked the sky as if they were going to give him an answer. "We were the young Darcy and Elizabeth" he said turning to face Noin. "Huh?" she asked. "She would always say something to hurt my pride, and I knew that the fact that she feared to have a friend was what made her so distant, she would lock herself in the library or in her room, she was always reading. She had once said that her books were her friend." said Miliardo. "You loved her didn't you?" asked Noin. Miliardo chuckled. "She was three years younger, but better in everything, she had read all of Shakespeare books in the Palace library when she was 7" said Miliardo. Noin gasped and then smiled. "But maybe something should be put to the past" she said looking at him. Miliardo looked away and just sighed. *Who could forget someone so important?* he thought.

"Hey Heero look at this, that Gundam attacked again yesterday at bayside England, just about 100 km from the Cinq kingdom" said Trowa. "This is not good" said Wufei. "We'll have to watch where it hit's next and then trace a connection to it" said Heero. Wufei and Trowa nodded as they looked out the large glass windows towards the sunset. "Things are so strange...so unexplainable" said Trowa. "You don't think this is the work of a Noir?" asked Wufei. "That would make sense if that legend was true, but considering that one has killed a serious of people to gain knowledge just proves that it isn't" said Heero. "I guess we better keep a close eye on Relena" said Trowa. "No not Relena, Zechs" said Heero. "Huh?" asked Trowa and Wufei turning towards Heero who was typing furiously. "This was discovered just before Zechs proposed and now there are attacks, even if it's one it's a little of a coincidence" said Heero. Trowa and Wufei nodded before they were working too.

*******************Flash Back******************************
She was on her knees near her window with her eyes closed. He watched her from the bed where he was seated, her mouth opened and she started to say a set of words, they were poetic yet harsh for a prayer. He didn't understand. First she told him to take his family to the weaponry then for the first time she has been here she prays. Something was bothering her, he knew it.

Dominus Deus
exaudi nos et misrere
exaudi, Dominus

Lord God
Hear us, the wretched
Hear us, Lord

Dona nobis pacem
et salva nos a hostibus
Salva nos, Deus

Grant us peace
And save us from the enemy
Save us, God

Dominus exaudi nos
Dominus misrere
Dona nobis pacem
Sanctus, Gloria

Lord hear us
Lord have mercy
Grant us peace
Holy, Glory

dona nobis pacem
e dona eis requiem
inter ovas locum
voca me cum benedictis
p jesu domine, dona eis requiem
dominus deus, Sanctus, Gloria

Grant us peace
And give them rest
Amongst this rejoiced place
Call me with the blessed
Merciful Jesus, give them rest
Lord God, Holy, Glory

"Why are you praying?" asked Miliardo. "For the safety of the people" said Athena. "Huh?" asked Miliardo confused. She looked at him and smiled. "For the people who deserve to live in peace" said Athena. "Have you wondered what it would be like in the future?" asked Miliardo with a smile. She looked down and then at him. "Very different from now." said Athena. "I think in the future I will be the King of this kingdom and you will be the queen" he said looking at her. She smiled. "Let us hope that's how it turns out to be, for hope is the last thing to leave Pandora's box" she said before claimbing next to him.

*******************End Of Flash Back******************************

"Hope was the last thing to leave her box, what hope is there for me?" she asked looking at the picture of a young girl and a young boy. "My most precious possession" she whispered as she held it to her chest. He pulled out the picture of them together. "Hope is the last thing to leave the box..." he said as he held the picture. "My only solid memory" he said.

TBC
**********************************************
AN: Chapter 3 is done! I have to start working on chapter 5 now I have to say that there isn't much more chapters left of this story.