Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, Screw It ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Title: Oh, Screw It
Fandom: Hana-Kimi
Rating: R for now, possibly can go up to NC-17 in the future
Summary: Mizuki and Sano explore their new relationship, while Nakatsu gets a bit jealous. Can they keep everything a secret, or will someone new find everything out? This is a sequel to the one shot "To Hell With It."
Disclaimer: I don't own Hana-Kimi. I kinda wanna change my name to Mitsuki, though...


***<^^^>***

Mizuki snuck another glance at the seat next to her.

Sano.

They were dating. They had confessed their feelings. The words, "I love you" had been exchanged. They had had sex.

A deep blush spread across her cheeks as she thought about the other night. She turned her head to face the front of the classroom. She couldn't think about that now!

Meanwhile, Sano had his own difficulty paying attention to the teacher's lecture. 'She keeps staring at me. I can feel her eyes on me... what if someone else notices? They'll think we're homos...'

"Sensei!" Sano raised his hand, panic fluttering in his chest, "may I be excused? I'm feeling faint."

The teacher looked worriedly at his student, "Of course. Would you like someone to accompany you?"

Sano nodded and glanced at Mizuki.

It took only a moment for Mizuki to take the hint. "Oh! I'll go with Sano, Sensei."

"Very well. Go on ahead, then."

The two students left the classroom hurriedly. As soon as they were out of sight and hearing range, Sano pressed Mizuki up against a wall.

"Sano!" Mizuki gasped, her heart beating in her ears, "what are you doing?"

Sano leaned in, as though to kiss her, but instead his lips landed next to her ear and he fiercely whispered, "What the hell do you think you're doing? Staring at me in class like that? We could be found out! People will think we're homos... or even worse, your gender will be found out and you'll be expelled!"

Mizuki stared for only a moment before she pushed at Sano's shoulders, an angry glare on her face, "I love you! It's a little hard sometimes for me to keep those emotions inside!" an angry tear slipped down her cheek, "and don't you think that maybe you pushing me up against a wall is a little more suspicious?"

For the first time, Sano noticed the position he had put them in. He was pressed up against Mizuki's body, her tiny hands pressing against his chest, his lips against her ear. To an onlooker, it would look as though they were making out.

Sano pushed himself off the wall and Mizuki's body. "I'm sorry, Ashiya.. I..."

Mizuki shook her head and wiped the tears out of her eyes. With a small smile she said, "Call me Mizuki... remember?"

Sano nodded. He surreptitiously took her hand and laid a soft kiss on her palm.

"We should go to Dr. Umeda. If Sensei find out that we never went, he'll be suspicious."

They entered the doctor's office still holding hands.

Dr. Umeda was at his desk, scribbling on a piece of paper. He looked up as he heard the door open and raised an eyebrow when he noticed the two teens. "Holding hands?"

Sano immediately snatched his hand back, but Mizuki only giggled.

"Dr. Umeda knows, Sano."

Sano's eyes were wide. "How'd that happen?"

"He has this eerie sixth sense... it's like he can tell if you have a penis or not..." Mizuki whispered.

Dr. Umeda gave Sano a critical stare, then casually turned away, "Don't worry, you pass."

"Glad I have your approval."

"You don't. In my opinion, the only thing that you have going for you is the fact that you do, indeed, have a penis," Dr. Umeda turned back to his paperwork.

Sano's smooth exterior cracked slightly as he scowled.

"What are you in here for, anyway?"

"Oh!" Mizuki put a hand to her mouth, surprised, "I forgot!"

The doctor gave her a patronizing stare, "You forgot why you came in here?"

Mizuki shook her head, "No, I just forgot to mention it..."

A long, heavy sigh escaped Umeda as he ran a hand through his hair. "You two just go back to your room. It'll give you a nice chance for some alone time."

Sano's eyes opened wide, surprised. "Um... thanks."

"No thanks necessary," an evil smirk emerged on his face, "you just me one big favor."

Before Sano could try and challenge him, Mizuki pulled on his arm, "Thanks, Dr. Umeda!" she yelled, "we'll make sure to pay you back for this!"

She dragged her boyfriend out of the room, "Sano! It's OK! I owe Dr. Umeda, already, for keeping my secret!"

"I suppose you're right," Sano sighed, then smiled, "let's go use this time to our full advantage."

Mizuki blushed.

***<^^^>***

He had been avoiding them.

He knew that he had been avoiding them.

He knew that they knew that he had been avoiding them.

He had damn good reason to be avoiding them.

So why the hell was he outside their door, worrying his ass off about how Sano was feeling?

'Because they're still my friends...' Nakatsu thought, finally deciding the give the door a soft knock.

A moment later, 'OK, no one's here. They're probably down at dinner already, I'll just go and look and...' his thoughts were cut off by a shuffling inside the room, followed by the click of the lock.

The door slowly opened to reveal a disheveled Sano, his hair mussed up and without a shirt. "Yeah?"

"Oh... Sano...I..." Nakatsu stuttered. Was Mizuki in there? Had they been... 'Stop that thought right there, Nakatsu!'

"Oh, Nakatsu," Sano looked at the ground, bashful, "is this about the other day?"

Nakatsu quickly shook his head. "We'll talk about that some other time, when you're not... well... I don't really want to know what's going on in there. I just stopped by to make sure you were OK. You left so suddenly in class, I was worried, and..."

Sano gave his friend one of his rare smiles, "Thanks, Nakatsu. I'm fine. I just needed the excuse to get Mizuki alone for a little bit."

The name change did not go unnoticed by the soccer star. "OK, then... I'll see you at dinner?"

"Yeah."

"See ya."

"Bye."

The door closed.

Nakatsu walked away, thoughtful.

It was obvious that his friends were a bit more than that now... but how serious were they? He felt a sudden pang of jealousy. Why did Sano deserve such an amazing person such as Mizuki? He loved her even when he believed she was a guy...

Did Sano just suddenly find out about her true sex, and then come onto her? Was he taking advantage of his sweet, beautiful Mizuki?

He'd have to pay extra attention to the way those two treated each other lately.

***<^^^>***

Author's Notes:

Well, for anyone who had been asking for a Hana-Kimi continuation, here it is!

I'm working on several one-shots and one other continuation at the moment, so please be patient with updates.

I also have work and school, so really, I have very little time to do any of this.

Thanks to any reviewers. It's always appreciated, and it makes my muse pop up and say, "Hey! Get your ass to the computer! We gotta make those guys happy!"- that's my muse talking... not me.

So... yeah. Review. It just makes my day when I see them.

P.S. I'm still looking for a beta. If anyone is interested, please e-mail me at Luna6517@aol.com