Hana Kimi Fan Fiction ❯ Oh, Screw It ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Title: Oh, Screw It

Fandom: Hana-Kimi

Rating: R for now, possibly can go up to NC-17 in the future

Summary: Mizuki and Sano explore their new relationship, while Nakatsu gets a bit jealous. Can they keep everything a secret, or will someone new find everything out? This is a sequel to the one shot "To Hell With It."

Disclaimer: Got ownership to Hana-Kimi? I don’t...



The next morning found Mizuki curled up against Sano's stomach, his arm holding her possessively as the two teenaged lovers slept through the alarm.


Finally, Mizuki's eyes cracked open, and she gave a gentle groan at the sunlight. "Sano..." her voice cracked, "Sano! It's time to get up."


She was awarded a moan for her efforts.


"Sano, we need to go down to breakfast."


The arm gripped her tighter and she giggled. "Breakfast is overrated."


Mizuki was about to give in and throw the alarm out the window when a knock interrupted any thoughts of sleeping in.


Mizuki quickly scrambled out of bed to answer the door. "Who is it?" she called as she threw on her vest and a robe, making sure her figure was well-hidden.


"It's Nakatsu.." came the hesitant reply.


A smile appeared on her face as she opened the door and quickly ushered her friend inside. "Hi! We were just getting up for breakfast."


"I just..." Nakatsu began, "I wanted to make sure you guys actually came this time."


Mizuki blushed. He was referring to the last time he had come in to wake them up for breakfast. The last time that they had decided to skip it in order to take part in something more... exciting.


"Yeah, we're really coming," Sano replied from the doorway to the bathroom. He closed the door behind him with a soft 'click.'


"He takes so long," Mizuki grumbled, then she laughed, "this really is like last time, isn't it?"


It was Nakatsu's turn to blush. Last time, he had been given a brief glimpse of Mizuki's chest.


Completely oblivious to her friend's ecchi thoughts, Mizuki doubled her smile. "I'm so happy, Nakatsu. Thank you for keeping my secret."


"I would never tell," Nakatsu said, surprised, "I would hate for you to have to leave."


"I don't want to leave, either," she responded.


They stood in a companionable silence for a few minutes until Sano reemerged from the bathroom. "All done," he said.


"If you two want to go on ahead, I don't mind," Mizuki said, heading toward the shower, "I might be a while. This is the first time that I don't really need to worry about someone walking in on me."


Sano shrugged, "I'll wait. You can go on ahead, though, Nakatsu."


The soccer star hesitated. He didn't especially want to leave the two of them alone together. He also didn't, however, want to watch the two of them be all "lovey-dovey" or anything. "I'll go on down and save you two a seat," he said, and 'accidentally' left the door open behind him.


Sano closed the door and swatted his hands at his girlfriend, "Well, hurry up!"


***<^^^>***


"You two have been late to breakfast a lot lately," Sekime commented before stuffing some food into his mouth.


Mizuki fought to hide her blush while Sano just cocked his head to the side, "We have? Didn't really notice..."


'I wish I could play it cool like him...' Mizuki thought, and grimaced.


"Everything alright, Ashiya?" Sano asked her, concerned.


"Oh, no!" Noe said, startling everyone at the table, "he's mothering him again!"


Mizuki laughed.


"Hey," the table looked up to see Nanba, a tray of food in his hands, "I just wanted to let you all know that there's a restriction on night activity right now, so you all have to be in your rooms by 9:00 from now on until further notice."


"What?" Nakatsu asked, outraged, "why?"


"Didn't you hear?" Nanba asked.


When the entire table shook their heads, Nanba smiled an evil smile and squished into a seat... effectively dropping Nakatsu on the floor.


"Hey!"


"There's a rapist loose in the city," Nanba said confidentially, his voice a soft whisper so everyone had to lean in to hear what he was saying.


Mizuki's heart raced, her thoughts immediately going to her summer at Io's restaurant.


Sano glanced worriedly at his girlfriend, his thoughts taking the same direction. "You OK?" he whispered.


Mizuki nodded slowly, straining to hear what else Nanba was saying.


"He's been running around the city for weeks now, and the police have let out a warning for everyone
under the age of twenty-two," the RA was saying.


"But we're guys!" Sekime said, confident.


Nanba shook his head, "It doesn't matter. This guy likes both girls and boys."


A few boys had a look of disgust on their faces, "That's so gross!"


Nanba shrugged, "It isn't his preferences in gender that make this guy sick," he said, his tone suddenly serious, "it's the fact that he forces unwilling participants into an act of sexual nature," he looked at each individual student, each boy that was in his care, "I'm serious about this, guys. I don't want any of you out after 9:00 until this pervert is caught."


"Wow," Nakatsu commented from his spot on the ground, his voice thick with sarcasm, "didn't know you cared."


The mood broken, Nanba smiled wide and shed the responsible attitude, "You wouldn't." With that cryptic response, he took his tray up and left, winking at the younger students.


Nakao, in his seat next to Mizuki, looked distressed, "What will we do, Mizuki?"


"What do you mean?" she responded. Her heart was still fluttering nervously in her chest, but she smiled.


"We're the cute ones!" Nakao exclaimed, "we'd be the first ones he'd come after!"


Mizuki scratched the back of her head, a nervous smile on her lips, "I don't think we have anything to worry about," she said, "we'll just make sure to stick with the new curfew."


"But, Mizuki," Nakao whined, eyes tearful, "what if he gets into the school? This is the perfect place for fresh meat!"


"Then I'll protect you," Sano was looking straight at Mizuki, and her heart fluttered for a different reason entirely.


The table looked at the two students with confused expressions.


A rare blush crept onto Sano's features and he quickly added, "I'll protect all of you."


"Me, too!" Nakatsu volunteered, jumping up from the floor.


"Oh, great," Nakao sighed, getting up from the table.


"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Nakatsu shouted, angry.


Mizuki laughed as she watched the two of them argue. She'd be fine with friends like hers watching over her. She knew it.


***<^^^>***


"Are you scared?" Sano asked as the two headed toward their dorm room.


Mizuki shook her head, "As long as you're with me, I'll be OK. Besides, I joined the karate club, remember? I'm learning a lot."


Sano laughed.


"What's so funny?" Mizuki asked, smiling.


"Nothing," her boyfriend said, "I just can't imagine you beating up some pervert."


Mizuki's smile faltered, "You don't think I can take care of myself?"


"I didn't say that."


"But..." she looked at Sano with confusion. 'Could he possibly not trust me to take care of myself? I know that he's had to save me a lot of times, but there were also a lot of times before I even met him.'


Sano shrugged, "But, I would just feel better if I were around to make sure that nothing happened to you."


"I don't need you to constantly protect me," Mizuki stated, her voice calm.


"I don't think that you do," came the reply, "but there have been an awful lot of times that I've needed to step in and save the day."


"So now you're my super hero? Sano... I know how to take care of myself."


"Like you did with Makita?"


Mizuki stopped walking, her eyes wide and tearful even as she clenched her fists angrily at her side. "Don't bring him up."


"Why not?" Sano asked, now angry himself, "I had to save you from him just like I've had to save you
countless other times."


"Well," Mizuki was crying now, tears streaming down her face, "I guess if I've been that much of a burden to you all this time, maybe I should spend a little less time with you..." and she ran away as fast as her legs could carry her.


"Ashiya!" Sano called, knowing that he could never catch up with the track star. He shook his head angrily,
"I'm finally opening up to her, and she takes it the wrong way. Damn it." He stuffed his hands in his pockets and headed back toward his room. When he arrived there, however, he found Nakatsu's roommate sitting on Mizuki's bed, reading a book.


"What are you doing here?" he asked sullenly.


"Mizuki requested that we switch rooms for the time-being," the boy shrugged, "and he seemed upset, so I complied."


Sano fell onto his bed, too upset to argue. "Whatever."


***<^^^>***


"What exactly happened, Mizuki?" Nakatsu asked.


The two friends were lounging on the floor, a bottle of sake between them.


"He just doesn't trust me," Mizuki answered before pouring herself another small glass. "Thanks for letting me stay here."


"Nah," Nakatsu shook his head, "no thanks necessary." 'Having Mizuki sleep in the same room as me is thanks enough!'


Mizuki nodded and sipped at her cup. Nakatsu was amazed that she was still sober. He was getting tipsy himself, and yet his friend sat there, seemingly unfazed by the alcohol.


He frowned. He couldn't help but feel guilty about the whole situation. Sure, he hadn't exactly caused any of the tension between the two, but he had been in their room when Mizuki had returned, crying, begging him for a solution. Once he heard gist of the story, Nakatsu was outraged. He suggested that Mizuki stay with him for a while, thinking that perhaps the two of them just needed some time away from each other.


She had hesitated. She didn't like being angry at Sano, and wanted to work it out immediately. He had simply said that nothing good could come out of them talking while they were both still angry... they needed some time to calm down. She had agreed with that.


He shouldn't feel guilty about the situation at all... yet, inside he was rejoicing that the love of his life was sitting in his room, planning on sleeping in the bed above him, taking comfort in his presence. And while he was enjoying Mizuki's company, Sano was sitting with his crazy roommate, probably sulking.


'I am not breaking them up,' Nakatsu thought, 'I'm just comforting Mizuki, helping her out.' He let his guilt flow from his mind as he remembered his earlier doubts, 'Besides... I don't even know if they're really in love. I've still got to find out if Sano's intentions are noble!'


"Well, thank you anyway," Mizuki said, breaking Nakatsu's inner-monologue.


"Do you want anything else?" Nakatsu asked.


"No," she answered, "I'm just going to get some sleep. Would you wake me up before breakfast, please? I forgot my alarm clock..."


"Sure," he replied as he watched her climb onto the bed.


Nakatsu began to clean up the bottle and the glasses, letting out a heavy sigh as he tried unsuccessfully to ignore the sounds of sobbing coming from the top bunk.



***<^^^>***


Reviewers:


Fanfiction.net-
Peace7- Interesting story. Where is your other fanfic, To Hell with it? I went to your profile and it wasn't there?
Sorry, I should have mentioned something. ‘To Hell With It’ is rated NC-17, and is in fact my first lemon. I decided not to post it on ff.net because I’ve heard stories about lemons being removed from the site, and accounts being deleted. You can find it on mediaminer.org under LunarAlchemist or adultfanfiction.net under Shooby. Thanks for reading!


Satan Hat- Everyones so damn OOC! Its annoying!
Well, you should be proud! You are officially my first flame! You know, if you could write this as constructive criticism, it would be much more beneficial. If you read my other fic, ‘To Hell With It’ you may see why they act this way. Would you act the same towards someone after you had sex with them? I could only make my best guess as to how these characters would act after that situation, and this is what I think would happen. Thank you for reading, anyway. If you have any constructive criticism, I’d love to hear it!


tsumesgirl05- this looks like it is going to a good story to read
Thank you!


Mediaminer.org-
relenabarton- I really liked this, but Sano and Mizuki are a tinny bit OCC. Anyway this was very interesting so please keep writing.
Thank you for the constructive criticism. Like I said above, this is how I think the characters would act after they finally got together. If you have any ideas as how to make them act more themselves, I’d love to hear it. Thank you so much for reading.


Adultfanfiction.net-
thechickenlittle- so cool to see more fo your writing!!!
Thank you! Reviews like yours really make my day!


Anon- Please continue with this one
I plan on it. Thanks so much for reading.


Author’s Notes:


All of your reviews really made me happy, so one more huge ‘thank you’ to all of you. I hope none of you mind angst too much... I love fluff, but I thought an actual plot might be a nice change for me. *goofy smile*