Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Masquerade ❯ Bright Idea's ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay, so I'm doing a pretty bad job updating all my fics, but that's only because I'm getting pretty busy with school starting soon. I have tennis every morning and I've got tournaments every other day. School is going to start on Monday =( so that means that I'll try to update every two days or so. So sorry. Here we go folks! & Thanks so much for the reviews! Oh, and let's pretend that Cedric is younger in this fic, because if he hadn't died, he would already be out of school. Hahaha. Oh yeah, and while reading this, try listening to “Fireflies” by Owl City. It's a really good song, but it doesn't really have anything to do with this chapter. Enjoy!
 
. . .
 
Slytherin Common Room
 
. . .
 
Draco, Pansy, Blaise and Millicent were sitting in the Slytherin common room, deciding on what kind of celebration they wanted to have.
 
“How about we have a dress-up party?” Pansy asked.
 
“How about not? Draco said, bored.
 
Pansy pouted.
 
“How about a duel? That way we won't get in trouble when someone gets hurt.” Blaise suggested.
 
“We just went through a war and you want to battle some more?” Millicent asked, astonished by Blaise's stupidity.
 
“Oh yeah.” Blaise said.
 
“How about something with lots of food?” Draco said.
 
“Like a feast? Don't we have those already?” Blaise asked.
 
“Well…not exactly a feast, but something with lots of food. I don't really care.” Draco said absentmindedly.
 
“I see.” Blaise said.
 
“Oh, I know!” Pansy said excitedly. “How about a dance?”
 
Millicent brightened.
 
“Great idea Pansy!” She said.
 
Pansy glowed.
 
“I know!” she said.
 
Draco and Blaise looked at each other.
 
Neither boy wanted to be with Pansy or Millicent, but someone…shall we say, with more beauty? And if they wanted to not be with Pansy or Millicent, they'd have to hide their faces from them.
 
“How about a masquerade?” Blaise suggested.
 
“That…sounds bloody brilliant!” Pansy smiled.
 
“Wonderful.” Millicent said.
 
“Will you go with me, Draco?” Pansy asked.
 
“I, uh, sure.” Draco replied.
 
“Then Blaise can go with me!” Millicent said happily.
 
“Ugh.” Blaise groaned.
 
“Now can we go to sleep?” Draco asked.
 
Pansy sighed.
 
“I suppose.”
 
. . .
 
The Library - The Meeting
 
. . .
 
All of the prefects from the houses that had come back to finish their seventh year were seated in the back of the library.
 
Hermione stood up.
 
“Okay, everybody. What are your idea's for the celebration?” Hermione asked.
 
“Well,” said Cedric Diggory, “the Hufflepuffs think that we should go to Hogsmede and have a party at Honeydukes.”
 
“We could do that anytime we go to Hogsmede.” Padma Patil of Ravenclaw said. “How about a dress up party?”
 
“What? Like a slumber party?” Pansy asked.
 
“Well, sort of.” Padma said.
 
“Um, we're guys!” Ron said.
 
Padma blushed.
 
“Well,” Hermione said, “how about a ball instead?”
 
“We were thinking along the same lines, but more of a masked ball.” Millicent said.
 
Hermione nodded.
 
“That sounds brilliant.” Hermione smiled.
 
“Yeah, coming from a Slytherin.” Ron muttered under his breath.
 
Hermione kicked him from under the table.
 
“Be nice.” She mumbled.
 
“Whatever.” He said.
 
“All right, so all for the masked ball?” Hermione asked.
 
Pretty much everyone who attended the meeting raised their hands in agreement to this proposition.
 
“Wonderful.” Hermione smiled.
 
A few moments later, Professor McGonagall waltzed into the library.
 
“Have you decided upon an idea?” McGonagall asked.
 
“Yes, we have.” Hermione replied.
 
“And?”
 
“We've decideded on a masked ball.” Hermione answered.
 
McGonagall nodded.
 
“The celebration will be held in two weeks time. I will split you into groups and you will contribute your part into making this celebration happen. I'll tell you your groups when I have you in Transfiguration next Monday.” McGonagall said.
 
“Yes, Professor McGonagall.” The students said as they watched her turn away from them and walk back.
 
“Wonder who she'll put me with.” Ron said worriedly.
 
“She'll put us together, as always.” Harry said without a worry.
 
Ron just nodded.
 
“Oh Drakey! I hope she puts me with you.” Pansy said.
 
“I hope not.” Draco whispered to Blaise.

Blaise chuckled.
 
“Have fun with her, mate.” Blaise whispered back.
 
“Who says I'll be with her?” Draco asked.
 
“Oh, I dunno. I've just got this feeling.” Blaise smirked.
 
“Great.” Malfoy groaned.
 
. . .
 
Double Transfiguration, Gryffindor & Slytherin
 
. . .
 
It was Monday morning and Draco Malfoy did not feel up to going to double Transfiguration with the Gryffindors, but today McGonagall was supposed to tell them who he was going to be grouped with for the stupid idea that his fellow students had.
 
He walked into the common room to find Blaise sitting there.
 
“What are you doing here? Why aren't you asleep?” Malfoy asked, thinking that he had woken up early.
 
“Class starts in five minutes.” Blaise Said.
 
“What?” Malfoy whipped around and looked at a large clock on the far wall. “Oh shit.”
 
He hurried to get his robes on and grabbed his bag as he and Blaise rushed down to Transfiguration. They both knew that McGonagall was not a forgiving teacher.
 
After Malfoy and Blaise wandered, late, into the classroom and took their seats, they noticed that Professor McGonagall was glaring at them.
 
“Why were you two late?” she asked them.
 
“We, uh, had a little run in with Peeves.” Malfoy lied.
 
To be honest, he just didn't feel like getting up and walking to class this morning.
 
“Twenty points from Slytherin.” McGonagall said before she turned around and returned to the lecture she was giving the class.
 
Ron and Harry sniggered at them, but Blaise and Draco just ignored them and opened their books.
 
After an hour and a half of class, the bell finally rang and everyone rose to their feet, ready to leave.
 
“Just a moment.” McGonagall said.
 
Everyone groaned and sat back down.
 
“Next week Friday, we will be having a masked ball. The first Hogsmede trip will take place this Saturday, because I know that some of you will be rushing to get nice clothing for this event.” McGonagall said.
 
The class cheered, they couldn't wait for the dance. The boys groaned at the thought of dressing up and the girls are start chatting excitedly about the boys they wanted to go with and what types of dresses they wanted to wear.
 
“Quiet.” McGonagall said.
 
Everyone shut their mouths, knowing better than to be told twice.
 
“Those that attended the meeting last week, stay behind for your groups. Everyone else, you are dismissed.” McGonagall said.
 
Everyone around Ron, Harry, Hermione, Blaise, Draco and Pansy got up and walked out of the classroom. They sat there, staring at Professor McGonagall.
 
“Come to my desk.” She said.
 
They complied and walked over to her desk.
 
“You are going to be split into teams of three. The Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs will pick their partners in the next hour. I decided against picking groups, because that would be unfair of me.” McGonagall said. “So I have decided that you will pick names out of this hat.”
 
Hermione as well as everyone else was thrown aback.
 
“What?” Hermione asked in confusion.
 
Professor McGonagall looked at her.
 
“Here.” She said, giving her the hat. “Don't peak and pick a name.”
 
“Alright.” She said, putting her hand in the hat and taking out a small piece of parchment with a name scribbled on it.
 
Pansy Parkinson
 
Hermione groaned.
 
“Well?” Harry asked.
 
“Pansy Parkinson.” Hermione said.
 
“You're kidding!” Pansy said, horror struck.
 
“But…but she's a mudblood!” Pansy cried.
 
“Twenty points from Slytherin for name calling.” McGonagall said.
 
Pansy banged her head against the wall.
 
“Potter.” McGonagall said.
 
“Yes?” Harry asked.
 
“Your turn.” McGonagall replied.
 
Harry stepped forward and stuck his hand in there. When his hand reached parchment, he grabbed it.
 
“What does it say?” Hermione asked.
 
“Ronald Weasley.” Harry answered, satisfied.
 
“Sorry `Mione.” Ron said, obviously relieved.
 
“Pansy, pick the final member of your group.” McGonagall said.
 
She nodded and picked out her parchment.
 
Draco Malfoy
 
“Yes!” She cried.
 
“What?” Blaise asked.
 
“I got Drakey-poo!” Pansy replied happily.
 
Hermione, Ron and Harry sniggered at Malfoy's nickname while he flushed a brilliant shade of pink.
 
But Ron and Harry stopped at once as they realized that they were stuck with Zabini.
 
“Merlin, kill me.” Blaise muttered.
 
“No, if he kills anyone it should be me. I'm stuck with a mudblood and a crazy and obsessive girl.” Malfoy said quietly.
 
Blaise laughed at his friend's predicament.
 
“Right then, Pansy, Hermione and Draco and Harry, Ron and Blaise.” McGonagall said, writing it down. “Pansy, Hermione and Draco will be in charge of setting up the place, which means decorations and food. And Blaise, Ron and Harry will be in charge of letting everyone know along with cleaning up, keeping Peeves out, making sure that everyone under their fourth year is kept out. The Ravenclaw and Hufflepuffs with join you in these duties once they have selected their groups. You are dismissed.”
 
“But what about passes to our next class?” Pansy asked.
 
“You all have a free period.” McGonagall said.
 
“Oh yeah.” Pansy blushed.
 
Everyone in the room seemed to roll their eyes at her stupidity.
 
On their way out, Draco couldn't help but complain.
 
“I can't believe that I'm stuck with a mudblood and-”
 
“Ooh! But you've got me, Drakey-poo!” Pansy said.
 
Draco sighed.
 
“Sadly, I do.”
. . .
 
I promise more Dramione action in the next chapter, this was just a filler.
 
Ciao.
 
One of the Fallen