Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Time and Time Again ❯ The Letter and the Alley ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time and Time Again
Chapter 3 The Letter and the Alley
 
~ It's been a few years now and Harry will soon be eleven. ~
 
The sun dawned on Harry's home as he awoke with his usual sad smile. He reflected on his memories of his previous life. Then shook his head to clear the sad thoughts and got ready for school. He called out a light trill and soon his companion Lyra burst into his room with her usual greeting.
 
A few years ago she had finally hatched from her egg along with the other one and boy had he been surprised with what it was. He looked down lovingly to what was in the other egg. It had been a baby basilisk; at first he been afraid that it would kill him but his memories from Fawkes had assured him that all was well.
 
He had named her Son-yin and they had been friends since their hatching. Harry walked over to his to his desk and sat down. There was still some work he needed to work on before he left this morning.
 
He signed some papers before sending off some of the letters by owl to be held in a secured vault at Gringotts. He got up and fished for something to where. He settled on tan colored dress pants and a dark blue shirt. He picked up Son-yin and wrapped her around his arm out of sight.
 
Last week had been Dudley's birthday. One of the things that had changed since he had come back was that Dudley wasn't the fat, spoiled, selfish brat from before and for that he was grateful.
 
He walked downstairs to greet his Tante after grabbing the mail. He smiled, it was his letter, and it was finally here now he could really fix what had been and not just the small happenings.
 
“Tante the letter has finally arrived.” Harry smiled to her as he walked into the dining room. She smiled the indulgent smile that he had only ever seen her give to Dudley the first time around. Harry sat down at the table with the rest of his family after handing the rest of the mail to Vernon.
 
He broke the seal and pulled out the cream colored parchment, it was just as he remembered. He looked over to the supplies list before putting the papers into the pocket of his trousers.
 
“We'll be needing to go to Diagon alley soon. I have most of these things but I still need to go shopping anyway.” His Aunt nodded but his Uncle continued eating on oblivious for Harry had spoken in French so his uncle would not know. They decided together that it would be best to keep Vernon ignorant of their visits to the wizarding world.
 
Harry's relationship with his uncle was better than the first time around but it certainly wasn't perfect. Harry just couldn't seem to get close to his uncle like he did with his aunt. They finished breakfast in peace with light conversation till Vernon stepped out the door to get to work.
 
The days before the time of the trip to Diagon Alley were quiet and peaceful. It was about 10 o'clock when they arrived in the alley. It was just as busy and bustling as the last time they had visited but this time there were many children and teenager about flitting with their families from store to store getting their supplies for the upcoming year.
 
Harry pulled his Aunt to Madam Malkin's to get the clothing he needed for he had not felt the need to have wizarding clothes till now so he also bought several other things to go with his purchases.
 
He watched his Aunt admire a nice light purple colored dress robe. It looked muggle enough to be a nice party dress for her so he told her to grab it and have it sized for her. His Aunt's sparkled like a young girl's when she heard this. They went around grabbing things that Harry did not already have and would need for the school year. He also stocked up on some of the rare potion ingredients he would need for his personal studies.
 
He placed a notice-me-not charm on them after they each pulled on dark, deep-hooded cloaks. They wandered down Knock-turn Alley and Harry bought several of the more less than legal potion ingredients he wanted along with several other things before journeying out into the daylight of the main alley.
 
Harry had discussed with his Aunt long ago about his needs to go into the Alley and that not all was as it seemed before she would allow him to go but she gave in eventually as long as she went with him. Harry had shown her several shops with in that owned respectable businesses she had even grown to love a small tea and coffee shop near the back of the alley.
 
After getting a few more things and stopping for ice-cream they finally ventured toward Ollivander's he didn't need to get a wand but he would need to speak with the old man for a bit and get something he had been missing. He opened the door and motioned for his aunt to sit in the chair to rest while he walked further into the shop.
 
He could feel the old man watching him with those well-aged eyes. Before he got to far into the shop the old man stepped out of his hiding place. Harry smiled dreamily up to him. The man studied him for a minute before nodding to himself. It was as if the old man knew what he wanted with out a word for he beckoned Harry to a door that was hidden by one of the large shelves.
 
Harry walked into the room waited for the man to grab a box from an aging bureau. Harry opened the box when it was handed to him. Inside were a regular looking pair of spectacles but all was not as it seemed. The glasses held the ability to see the ambient magic surrounding all things but that was not why he needed them, no it was for their shielding qualities.
 
As he had gotten older and looked through his phoenix powers he had discovered the ability that lie in the very glasses but once it had been awakened he could not turn it off so he had taken to putting extra shields up around his mind that would keep the powers at bay till he got home, but it was very draining afterwards.
 
He had only remembered the some of the qualities of the glasses till a few days ago and thankfully the glasses that Ollivander wore helped to tell him what was needed. Harry picked the glasses and let his magic mingle with it own magic. A small flash of light was seen before the glasses sized its self to his face and adjusted to his prescription before he put them on. Harry sighed lightly in relief as he put down the exhausting shields.
 
He thanked the elder and had a short conversation with him as he walked out to the front of the store. He placed his old glasses in one of his pockets as he paused in front of one of the shelves. He pulled out one of the boxes and smiled at his holly wand. He knew it was not a match for him any more but he needed for it to be safe from the likes of Voldemort.
 
He handed the box to the gentleman then had a short conversation and asked that the old man put it in hiding somewhere safe from the likes of Voldemort till some other eleven-year-old kid came to find his match. The old man was happy to oblige. Harry paid for the glasses before walking out of the shop and traveling home.
 
End Chapter 3
 
 
Enjoy the chapter