Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Time and Time Again ❯ Train Ride and Feast ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time and Time Again
Chapter 4: Train Ride and Feast
 
The rest of the summer past by quickly and soon his Aunt and Uncle were driving Harry to King's Cross Station. Harry quietly bid his goodbyes before heading to the platform. He found an empty compartment toward the middle of the train, as it was still twenty minutes till the train was to leave many of the compartments were still free.
 
Not much later he saw more people cross through the barrier and enter the train. Harry watched mindlessly the people he once knew so happy and carefree talking and chatting with friends and family. His heart clenched slightly when he saw the Diggory's before he took a deep breath and sent the memory back to the pits of his mind. It had happened long ago for him but it sometimes got to him.
 
Harry leaned back into his seat and closed his eyes for a trance so he would not have to see or hear any more. He felt the people coming in but he did not bother to open his eyes because their magic was non-threatening so he stayed calm and started some mind exercises, his shields would need to be at their best to counteract the possible leglimens attacks on his mind.
 
As he came out of his trance he could feel four other people in the compartment with him so he stayed calm and did not move so he could listen a bit to see who it was. He heard the just over the whisper chatter and soon knew who it was.
 
Harry slowly sat up so no one noticed and `poof'ed a book into his hands. He sat there reading for a while before any of them noticed that he was awake. The girl was the first to notice that he was awake.
 
He closed his book when it became clear that they would not start up conversation again till he did something. “Hello.” He put on his most dreamy look as he scanned them. They were of no threat to be sure but it always paid to be watchful.
 
The girl spoke with a high nasal voice, “Hello, I'm Pansy Parkinson and…” She was cut off by Draco's glare before she continued.
 
“I'm Draco Malfoy and this is Crabbe and Goyle.” After gesturing to each he went back to whatever it was he was doing before. The others followed his lead. As he noticed the outside getting darker he heard the voice tell them that they would be arriving soon and to leave their stuff on the train.
 
They pulled out their robes and quickly dressed while Pansy went to the girl's bathroom to change. They marched off the train and Harry soon lost them in the crowd. The boat ride was calming and Harry briefly conversed with the squid despite the odd looks he was given. They soon arrived at their destination and walked into the waiting area he remembered so clearly in his mind.
 
He amusedly watched the ghosts scare some of the children before floating off at McGonagall's return, she gave the usual speech about the houses and the points system and what not. He walked in with a slightly crazy looking smile as he waited for the hat to finish singing.
 
“Abbot, Hannah.” As the slightly pink-faced blond girl nervously walked toward the hat Harry decided to make his day slightly more fun, using a really confused voice he started talking to everyone.
 
“What! Are you trying to start another feud you crazy woman?” By now everyone was staring at him like he was crazy, and Hannah blushed and looked oddly at him. “Don't you know that calling someone by their wrong title is what caused the great feud of 1885! For those who don't know at that time the Weasley and Malfoy Family's were to be united in holy matrimony before the Weasley heir Breton the second had the herald wrongly pronounce the lady Cecilia of Malfoy, second heir to the great Malfoy family, just to get out of the marriage contract thus ensuing the a great rift between the two families.” He took a breath and continued on happy with the surprised and horrified expressions.
 
“Now take a lesson from that tragic story and announce the names correctly like so.” He walked toward McGonagall and to the scroll, “Lady Hannah of Abbot, third successor to the Abbot line.” Harry nodded to himself in a sage-like manner before handing the scroll back to the in shock deputy headmistress. He walked back to his spot in line while the sorting continued this time with the proper titles. Dumbledore thought it a splendidly fun thing to do so waved his wand at the scroll to add the proper titles to each name.
 
Even the muggleborns got titled even if it was, something, something son/daughter of Blah and blah something. Any ways it went on like that till it got to his name. He knew it was his names for he had memorized the order of the list and plus he had many titles. “Just go ahead and give them the general gist I doubt you'll be able to pronounce most of them.” The Deputy Headmistress nodded.
 
“Lord Harold of the Ancient House of Potter.” Harry stepped up with his dreamy look in place and gave the woman a happy smile. Before the hat descended upon his head Harry told the woman that the all-knowing ones thanked her in the helping in his pursuit of not causing another feud. The hat dropped down on his head before she could say anything.
 
`Well, well, well Mister Potter you have caused quite a stir.'
 
`Well something needs to be done about the world soon to come and I aim to be the one to change it all plus add a laugh here and there in honor of those before me.' They spent the rest of Harry's Sorting talking to each other till someone politely cleared their throat to the rest of the school they saw the hat suddenly perk up and look around as if it had forgotten the rest of the school were there.
 
“Too Difficult ask me later.” The school went into an uproar but Harry just shrugged in a `what can you do manner?' before looking up to the table to find out where to sit. The headmaster shrugged with a twinkle in his eye and told him to sit anywhere.
 
He was surprised when Harry crawled under the head table and snapped a chair into place right next to the headmaster. He sat back with a sleepy look in his eyes to the incredulous and odd looks he had been receiving. Professor Sprout who was on his other side tried to explain that he was to sit with the other students. Harry retorted with that the Headmaster did say anywhere. After a few more odd statements from the abnormal youth she gave up. The rest of the sorting continued and soon they were all tucking in on the delicious feast.
 
He had a wondrous conversation with the Headmaster on socks when he suddenly out of the blue stood up and walked down the table toward the Professors' Snape and Quirrell. “It has been a long time.” Harry looked to Quirrell with an amused look.
 
“P-p-p-pot-tter wha-t-t a-are y-you t-t-talk-king ab-b-out?” The man backed away slightly from the eleven-year-old.
 
“The All-Knowing-Ones have said you have been a bad boy Tommy?” Harry gave a mock stern look to the now not trembling man. By now everyone was paying keen attention. Quirrell suddenly hoped out of his seat and started firing curses at the small dreamy-eyed boy. Harry easily dodged and moved in toward the man and lifting his hands up to the man. Just like his memories the man soon crumbled to dust and the misty ghost like spirit fled away with a bellow.
 
Harry moved back to his seat next to the Headmaster and started talking about socks as if nothing had just happened. The staff was in shock and the in-confusable Albus Dumbledore had a wide-eyed look about him.
 
End Chapter 4
 
Have fun I hope you enjoy the chapter.