Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Why? ❯ Why? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
There she was again, sleeping as she always did. Her hair fell over her face in a riot of curls, obscuring everything from vision except for her closed eyes and part of her pink mouth. Others would have said it was bushy, including herself but he never saw it as such. Her hair was curled, and he would leave it at that.

Slowly he walked over to her and kneeled, carefully taking the book that lay under her hand and placing a marker in it so that she would not lose her page. She always studied so hard.

His hand came up and he brushed her brown hair back, noting how the moonlight made it gleam black in places and nearly white in others. Her face came into view. Ever so gently he rubbed his thumb over her bottom lip, as if savoring the soft texture.

It was moments like this that he lived for. Moments where he could relax a little and let down his guard, showing his true self to the quiet room and dark shadows that lay in it. Here he could cease being what he had always been labeled as since his birthm and become the person he always felt like. He was no longer Malfoy, or sir, or even Draco Malfoy. His last name had nothing to do with who he really was. Right now, he was Draco. Merely Draco.

His hand moved to cup her cheek.

And she was no longer Mudblood or Granger. She was Hermione.

It was one of those guilty pleasure's he loved so much. If anyone ever found out about his obsession with her he would become the laughing stock of the school. His father might disown him for having such feelings about the "inferiors" of their kind, and he would be abandoned by the friends he had known his entire life.

It was why he never wrote of it, spoke of it, or even allowed it to slip. If he did, these moments would be lost to him. He wasn't a fool. If anyone ever knew, he would be ruined. If she ever found out, he would be spurned.

Oh, how he hated the facade he always had. How he hated to look her in the eye and insult her for her lineage. To watch those crystalline tears flow down her pale and slightly freckled face from her black-lashed hazel eyes. But he had too, appearances were what his world was made of. Emotions, true emotions, were not allowed.

She shifted and he moved back, allowing her to stretch out on her back on the sofa in their shared common room. Her arms went above her head, her back arched and came off the cushions all together. Before he could stop himself he was sitting next to her, his left arm resting on her other side, his right arm stroking her waist so softly that it seemed she was not really there at all. She was jus a beautiful figment of his imagination, built on broken dreams and disillusionment. She was the darkest secret he had ever known in his entire life and she didn't even know it herself.

Her body moved back down, a small contented smile curving her lips as she feel back into the throes of sleep, allowing her dreams to wash over her. He watched it all, pale face practically glowing in the moonlight, his eyes turning an eerie and entrancing blue-ish silver.

Gods, but she was beautiful.

He moved forward until his face hovered above hers, lips skimming her parted ones. There he stopped, not sure of whether or not he could allow himself to kiss her. He wanted to more than anything he had wanted in his life. But he still hesitated.

Slowly, he made up his mind as her breaths mingled with his.

His mouth pressed fully against hers, a smile curving his normally frowning lips. He moved his lips over hers in a pantomime of what he truly desired, allowing his tongue to trace the countours of her mouth. Finally her mouth opened, unconsciously accepting him and he rejoiced in it, kissing her deeply even as she slept.

It was the most rightfully wrong moment of his life.

And then there were small hands pressing at his shoulders, her torso arching up to escape him. He backed away quickly as his eyes met hers with guilt. She was shocked, he knew she was. He was too. He had never expected to be caught.

"Malfoy..." There it was. His surname, his horrid surname that was more of a label than anything else, shouting out a number of discriminations he would never escape. His surname was escaping her lips even as her cheeks flushed pink from embarrassment and her eyes filled with confusion. "Mal..."

"Hermi...Granger..." He said, quickly saying her surname so that her true name wouldn't escape him and make the situation worse than it was. He stood, staring down at her. She kept her eyes locked on his the entire time. Without another word he left the room, his school robes flying out past him in accordance with his brisk pace. She watched him go, wondering at what had just happened.

Then her eyes fell on her Transfiguration book and the still unfinished essay lying beside it. She gave a little squeek of alarm before falling off the sofa and onto the floor next to her homework.

Before she began working again though, she glanced at the door that her worst enemy had just walked through.

Her hand went up to her lips.

Why?

oooooooooo

Yeah...random and probably not well-liked seeing as it is an unusual couple. Anyways, please read and review!

Oh, their both in seventh year and are the headboy and girl, hence the same common room. I know that the probability of that happening is very low due to the events in the last Harry Potter book, but meh, I had to write it. I'm not sure whether or not to continue with it though...