Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Why Me? ❯ Meeting the Elves ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Why Me?
Chapter 2: Meeting the Elves
 
He peered into the water almost afraid of what he would see. He looked at the five-year-old child looking back at him. He still had his mother's bright emerald green eyes but other things had changed. His usually messy mop of black hair was to his shoulders and had become tame. His skin was a more pale color than it had previously been but not sickly so. His face seemed to look more aristocratic as he looked upon him self.
 
He still had the baby fat that most children his age had but perhaps the oddest changes were his eyes and ears. Though his eyes were the same startling color his mother bestowed upon him they seemed to be slatted like those of a cat and his ears were pointed instead of the usual rounded top.
 
He looked at his clothes and upon the left breast of the top he saw what seemed to be a rose and a lightning bolt crossed in front of an eye. He supposed that the eye was supposed to represent the fates and the lightning bolt and rose were his emblem. His top seemed to be a silvery color yet not at the same time. He could not figure out exactly what the material was made out of but it was comfortable and easy to breathe and move around in.
 
The trousers were made out of a similar material only of a darker shade of silver. The boots were of a similar design to the outfit and seemed to complete it. He noticed that there was a chain just barely visible around his neck.
 
He tugged it out of his shirt and looked at the thing hanging at the end. It was a pendent with the same emblem on his top. He flipped it over and saw the letters H.P. emblazoned on it in elegant script. He could feel the magic in it. He felt the spells on it; there was an anti-theft, self-cleaning, and protection to the wearer charm.
 
He looked at the things the fates had given him there was a sword that seemed to have been made for his short stature thought the metal it was made out of it was like none he had seen before with the word protector inscribed was on it. It had a rather large emerald on the hilt and he could feel his power being drawn into it. He could feel that it was enchanted and was happy to know he wasn't here unprotected even if he was well skilled at magic. With it there was a small dagger made of the same metal along with its wrist holder.
 
He had learned the arts of swordsmanship in the wizarding world if only to have another advantage over the dark lord. Next the sword, scabbard, and belt to put it on his waste he had a small backpack.
 
He opened it and peered inside it had a weightlessness charm on it and made to be bigger on the inside than it was on the outside. He sifted through clothes, food, and other things he would likely need. He wondered what kind of knowledge he now had.
 
He thought about it as he strapped on the belt and sword then made a practice draw to make sure he could handle it in this form. He could. He sheathed it then pulled on his backpack along with the dagger at his wrist carefully hidden by his sleeve. He looked around then stretched out his senses magical, physical, and mental.
 
He could feel the earth's pulse and was surprised at how healthy it was not like the one back home. He could sense the animals that were near by but not threateningly so. He was about to pull back in and start off at a random direction when he felt it. It felt like a being with vast magical power was coming in the direction he was in at a slow and careful pace.
 
Something inside him told him to stay put and wait for them to come to him. So he leaned against a convenient boulder nearby. He got that feeling again and it told him to sit down and look hurt, lost, and sad. He now knew it was the fates and they were guiding him into what he would need to do like they said they would so he did just that.
 
He sat down against the boulder and worked himself into tears as cuts, tares, and small bruises seemed to appear out of nowhere along with what looked like dirt on his knees and other places. He knew didn't make them but figured they would help. He got himself to start sobbing quite loudly when a story out of nowhere seemed to flow into his mind.
 
His parents and himself had lived a quiet, peaceful, secluded life and they had been traveling when suddenly they were attacked. His elfin father was well skilled in the arts of defense and fighting and so had his beautiful elfin only hers leaned more into magic. His parents had managed to defend him but these creatures seemed to have been too strong his father was killed first the before his mother died she had felled almost all the creatures except one.
 
He had felt the magic she had cast with her last breath and that had added to the defense spells and enchantments on him. So now when any with ill intention toward him come close they will start to feel extremely ill and back off quickly. Those who wanted to kill him whether it be magic, mental, or physical were either killed or put into the magical coma that only he could stop.
 
He was to tell them only what was necessary and no one in this realm was to know about his previous life. As the details and instructions were given to him he felt a huge rush of knowledge go to his head. He now knew enough to survive in this world.
 
He poured on the sobs and seemed to quiet quickly when he heard a twig snap. He figured they had seen him by now. So he stood up with the tears still blurring his eyes and unsheathed his sword and crouched into a ready position near the boulder which he now noticed looked like the earth under it was freshly dug and had two white roses which `they' told him he had transfigured.
 
He looked on around him but still sniffled but much more quietly now. He pointed to a bush that suddenly rustled and his eyes became too blurry to see as a figure stepped out toward him. He weakly attacked like he was told and yelled, “Y-you m-monsters stay away from my parents.” He managed to make a small cut before he was caught in a strong pair of arms and his sword was grabbed away.
 
He looked up and seemed to see that it wasn't a monster before he broke into a fresh bout of tears. “I-I'm so s-sor-sorry!” he said between sobs and hiccups. His back was rubbed and he was quietly shushed. Once the fate had told him it was now time to calm down he slowly did then looked up at the people surrounding him with concerned and worried faces.
 
He rubbed his eyes and managed to slow down his tears. He saw a small band of people. One was a very pretty woman and she radiated an aura of calm and friendliness. Around her stood five people not including the one that held him.
 
The men seemed to be guards for this woman. He wiggled to be let down then looked up at the circle of elves with worried eyes.
 
“Dear child what has gotten you into such a fright? The pretty lady asked in a worried voice. He made his eyes water slightly more as he told them what happened in the least words possible. He knew that they wouldn't hurt him for they were elves ands was he and it was not often that elves gave birth since they lived so long.
 
He saw the sympathetic look in her and her guard's eyes as he told his story. When that was done he looked down. Finally she spoke, “You must be a very brave child to be here and try to protect your parents grave.” That put a small smile on his face as the last of the tears stopped flowing.
 
He walked slowly over to the stream and washed his face and hands knowing they were watching him and probably discussing what to do with him. He watched as the woman nodded her head her head with a resolute look in her eyes as she continued to watch him. He trotted over to his `parent's' grave and moved his wrist in a certain way and the dagger came out of its holder into his hand.
 
He closed his eyes and said a protection charm and this worlds usual solute to the dead but before carving his parents names into the stone like he was supposed to he quickly cut his index finger without wincing and let a few drops drip onto the boulder while saying a few words under his breath. He quickly whipped the dagger on the grass and returned it to its hold then using his magic to inscribe the names the names on the boulder with magic.
 
The fates told him to act extremely tired do he did. He fell back on his bum and panted hard as if the magic had been a bit draining. The elves drew near him with worried expressions.
 
“That was some impressive feats of magic. Where ever in the world did you learn?” One of the guards asked with a curious and impressed voice.
 
“My Mother.” He answered in a quiet voice. He stood up shakily and walked toward the one still holding his sword and held out his hand looking pointedly at it. The guards seemed amused by this and looked to the woman.
 
She stepped forward then kneeled down to his height and turned him around to face her. “Little one I am Princess Airalya of the elves. Would you like to tell me your name?” She asked this in a soothing voice.
 
The fates told him to tell her and to go with her when she asked. “My name is Harry James Potter son of lily and James potter of the Elves of the Hidden (1).” He didn't know where the last part came from but it seemed to fit. She seemed startled to here the words `Elves of the Hidden' but seemed to quell the immediate question that he could see in her eyes.
 
Though one of the guards had no such qualms. “Are you really one of the Hidden?” It seemed like a stupid question to Harry as he had just said he was. Instead of rolling his eyes like he wanted to he gave a small nod. He looked back at the Princess and tilted his head as if to say `why is that odd.'
 
“Do have anybody to care for you now?” She asked. He shook his head sadly. “Well how would you like to travel with us to the elfin citadel?” he looked thoughtful then looked up to her.
 
“Would you really take me with you?” She nodded with a small smile. “Thank you, thank you, thank you I promise to try not to cause any trouble at all and if you need help I know how to fight and lots of protection and offense magic.” He smiled a bright smile up at Airalya, which she returned just as bright.
 
“You don't have to fight but it was nice of you to ask. By the way how old are you?” she asked in a polite way while she stood up and picked him up. He wrapped his arms around her neck as she straightened.
 
“I'm ten-years-old.” He told her in a proud voice. (Elves age way more slowly than humans.) She smiled at him then nodded in that kind way of hers then walked towards her horse, which he hadn't noticed was there. He looked at it and noticed that it was larger than the horses he had seen before and there was an intelligent gleam in his eyes.
 
He was shifted in her arms as she climbed up. He watched as his bag was retrieved by one the guards it was strapped to the side on the Airalya's horse. He had been watching the one with his sword since he had gotten settled on the horse and looked on, as he seemed to examine it.
 
He traced his fingers upon the letters and look over the workmanship and detail; obviously this one knew his swords. He was tired and just a little cranky so he carefully accio'ed his sword to his hand then sheathed it in one quick motion before the guard even knew what was happening.
 
He watched amused as the guard twirled on the spot then spotted him. Harry looked up at Airalya and saw the amused gleam in her eye. Harry leaned back into her and waited for the others to mount as well.
 
End Chapter 2
(1) Elves are usually very affectionate beings and love to have companionship and such. But the Elves of the Hidden are a sort of different branch of elves and are usually loners except for their family and they gathering that is held every fifty years for marriages and other such things. They think its odd because they could not imagine living in solitude with only their family any only seeing others every fifty years except for occasional visits.
 
 
I hope you like the new chapter. Please review and give suggestions where you want.