Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Why Me? ❯ On the Road ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: On the Road
 
They started moving in the direction they had previously been going. The ride was pretty much boring and the fates said to act like an elf my age albeit a pretty advanced one so he decided to practice his allusions since he hadn't practiced done that in years and figured he might look like a beginner again because it had been so long.
 
He slowly but carefully created the emblem that he bore and made the allusion float in front of him. As he concentrated he didn't notice the looks he was getting. After he had banished that allusion he shifted slightly till he was able to turn the upper par of his body toward Airalya.
 
He looked at her and took in her lightly tanned unblemished skin and sun golden hair. She bore a thin gold circlet on her brow. Though she was wearing traveling clothes he could tell she would look just as pretty if not more so in an elaborate gown.
 
He took all this in quickly then made a decision; he was going to trust her for now. He staring weaving a much larger allusion around the whole horse riders and all.
 
He cleared his head and pictured what he wanted then willed it to happen. He pictured her in an elegant light blue outfit with mother of pearl laced on the net that contained her hair then put some rings on her fingers. He looked at one of the guard's shields and then put the royal emblem as the design of one of said rings.
 
He put a slightly darker blue cloak a round her shoulders with a pretty butterfly brooch. He moved onto the horse. It was already totally white and he could tell it was well cared for so he made it to where the traveling bags couldn't be seen then made the saddle white and inlaid with mother of pearls. Under the saddle he put a blue jacket onto the horse with the royal emblem on the sides.
 
He made the bit look like silver and made the reins look the same white as the saddle once the horse was done he set about changing himself. He dressed in an outfit that would compliment the Princess's then made a cloak with an emerald and white gold clasp. He then made his emblem appear on the back of the cloak as he added rings like Airalya's.
 
He smiled as he looked at his creation. Yep it was like riding a bike one never forgets. He mentally pulled away from the allusion and made it stay and fed a slight amount of power into it. Now that he was paying attention he saw that all were looking at him. He gave a sheepish smile.
 
The fates said that he had done well and told him to tell them exactly what they said. “I'm sorry,” He said in a quiet voice. “I have this kind of thing in my blood that has been passed down for generations. I naturally was born with an over abundant amount of energy and raw power and if I don't feed it into a magical crystal or my pendent it will start to overwhelm me unless I constantly do something to get rid of it like run, exercise, or do magic. I don't have to worry about it when I'm sleeping though because somehow I subconsciously feed it to my surroundings.” He paused for a second to wet his lips the continued.
 
“I still haven't learned how to do that on my own when I'm awake yet. Though it really comes in handy sometimes that's why I can do a lot of the things I do. Usually when I am doing something that doesn't require a lot of like riding a horse I try to do a really hard allusion or something like that to make sure I don't over load. I've found out I can hold these for hours at a time and the more complex it is the more power it takes so I can sit still for log periods of time without hurting myself.” He flashed a brilliant smile then settled back in his comfy position then slowly slowed his breathing till it appeared he was sleeping to prove what he had said he let out infrequent but steady tendrils of healing and soothing energy.
 
The guards and Princess stayed quiet for a bit before they started talking in low whispers.
 
“He really is one amazing child I think Mother will really like him. Hmm. Can you feel this power? Look at what it does to the ground we pass.” The guards looked behind and were surprised to see that the surrounding area looked even bushy than before and the ground where Harry was above bloomed flowers of all sort. They all agreed that the kid was amazing.
 
As they talked Harry gave a mental smirk. Though turned into a frown when the Fates told him that he had told the truth about the energy. Though he could already put it out in his sleep but much slower and less noticeable while awake. Though they said he should do small allusions and magic frequently but to say the incantations under his breath.
 
He grinned mentally this should be one really interesting world. He relaxed a little more and allowed himself to be carried off to the dream realm. He didn't have any nightmares for which he was grateful but he seemed to have ended up in a huge library filled with books galore.
 
He walked up to one of the bookshelves nearest him and pulled one free. It looked to be a bit older then those that surrounded it. He carefully opened it to see the title of it for the faded cover was no help what so ever.
 
It was a fairy tale book, one that had been read many a time. He smiled at the book and carefully closed and put it back. He walked for a while till the room seemed to go all fuzzy then faded. He figured he was waking.
 
He noticed two things when he opened his eyes one his allusion was still running and two the trees were starting to thin out. He stopped putting out the power tendrils. He looked around from his perch; he could just see the edge of the forest he was in. There was a small village a bit away from it.
 
He looked up and saw the Princess looking at him. He gave a small smile. “Did you know there was a village up ahead?” His childlike voice was soft and sleep heavy. She just smiled and nodded.
 
“The village up ahead is one of the human villages we will not be going there but to a village just beyond that in the forest glade.” Her voice was calm as she told him this. He nodded his head and looked around to the guards.
 
There were two guards up front leading then four around us then two behind. The formation was moderately safe when protecting one person but the path a little thin if there was an attack they wouldn't have much room to maneuver.
 
He looked toward the one the one that looked like the leader and told him just what he thought. He seemed to look at the form and realize Harry was right. The others guars sniggered at his blunder. He fixed the formation and got the others in a more maneuverable position.
 
Harry was bored and when he was bored wasn't really a good thing at the moment since he was supposed to be acting like a child. He let go of the allusion he held then instead decided to do magic. He thought carefully then decided to do make them all in invisible. It was complicated and he tinkered with it to where only they could see each other. The only people who should be able to see or hear them now are friends of the elves.
 
The elves could feel the magic that Harry had performed and they could feel the complexity of it but they couldn't tell what it was. The guard nearest Harry asked him what it was. When Harry finished the explanation the guards were looking at him weirdly again.
 
“What?” He asked in annoyed voice. They looked away and continued what they were doing. “Are we there yet?” he asked in a bored tone.
 
“No not yet we'll be there in about three hours.” One of the guards up front answered. Harry stood up carefully despite the protests of the princess and moved to his bag. He opened it up and looked through it. He now noticed that the charm used wasn't size specified it would just hold any thing put inside with enough room to spare. He pushed some stuff aside them crawled in. the bag immediately expanded on the inside to accommodate his size and the out side was still normal sized and it was still weightless.
 
He went about putting magic shielding charms on it and made it so no one would be able to get into it or steal anything unless he allowed it. He organized the bag so it would be comfy then laid back and started reading one of the books in there after setting an alarm to tell him when two and a half hours were up.
 
The book he chose was on some of the different magic of this world and the different incantations it was okay to say aloud. Harry practiced as much of them as he could carefully. Before he knew it the alarm went off.
 
He put away his book away and stuck his head out of the top of the backpack. He looked and saw a small bustling village up ahead filled with many elves and different muggle repellant charms. He looked up to the Princess before he climbed out with a book. He sat in his previous perch and pulled off his invisibility charm.
 
They arrived not long afterwards and they walked up to the biggest house in the village. They stopped and they all got down. Harry was really grateful and started walking out the annoyed muscles from sitting for too long.
 
The people looked on at him with smiles. It had been a long time since there had been a child in this village. The elder of the house they had stopped at showed them their rooms and took their horses to a large paddock near the back.
 
Harry needed to do something that would stretch his muscle. That or he wanted to fly high above the clouds. There was a broom in his pack that he could make bigger but he decided to not show that yet.
 
Instead he walked up to the guards and looked at each one carefully. They were each pretty strong and looked to be able to hold his own in battle. He chose the one that had first held him and walked to him.
 
“I'm bored will you please spar with me?” He added the lip and puppy dog eyes. The guard looked about to protest then gave up nobody could hold out for long with that face directed to him. Harry squealed then stepped back and drew his sword.
 
The guard stepped up and did the same much to the amusement of the others around. “You will not beat me like last time my mind was jumbled and I had tears in my eyes.” Harry told him.
 
The guard smiled then Harry lunged at him. He did a complex set of slash, kick, and punch pattern. The guard was pushed back but was able to block the attacks. “Tell me you name and the names of the other guards you never did tell me.” He said while he fought.
 
“My name is Eleaf. Gentleman! Line up.” He told them. They all lined up with smiles on their faces. “Starting with the man on the right Jer, Lif, Ryes, Ai, Bo, and Mosca.” He grunted when Harry was able to find a whole in his defense.
 
“Pull your left arm a bit more.” Decided to start giving advise to the guard just to annoy him. He was able to dodge a blow to the head but he was able to nock Eleaf down to the ground with his feet. He quickly put the blade to his neck. “Do you yield?” Harry asked the guard nodded. Harry removed the blade and sheathed it.
 
“I told you, you wouldn't beat me again.” he said in a cheeky voice. The other guards looked impressed. Harry decided to pour on the child act just a little bit more. He started running around to the paddocks.
 
End Chapter 3
 
I hope you like the chapter. Please Review.