Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Witch's Song ❯ Prologue: Round About the Cauldron Go ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Witch's Song
Prologue: Round About the Cauldron Go
By: Ceris Malfoy
 
Voldemort stared amusedly at the pile of rubble that used to be the Potter residence. He snorted. “Apparently the Old Fool beat me to the punch. Although, I do wonder just why he could want to destroy the Potters...”
 
A sudden, piercing wail rang through the nighttime stillness, startling the Dark Lord. Scowling, he entered the smoldering ruin. And stopped dead in his tracks.
 
Not far from what he assumed was the remains of Lily Potter nee Evans -now her death was a shame as she was one fine specimen of the female kind- was two babes, one girl and one boy. The boy was one, one-and-a-half at most, and most definitely one Harold James Potter.
 
And most assuredly dead.
 
But it was the girl that drew his attention. The child couldn't be more than six months old. She was screaming up a storm and raw magic swirled angrily about her tiny form. He gaped. Not only was she extremely powerful, but if he didn't know any better, he'd say that she was a Malfoy. He hair was a peculiar shade of silver-white-blonde that seemed to shimmer.
 
Voldemort stared at the babe and then sighed. Gently, he picked her up. Grinning sadistically, he mock saluted the Potter home and apparated to Runespoor Manor.