Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Witch's Song ❯ Chapter 1: In the Poison’d Entrails Throw ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Witch's Song
Chapter 1: In the Poison'd Entrails Throw
By: Ceris Malfoy
 
“Lucius! Lucius!”
 
Lucius Malfoy was currently in front of the fire in his study, brooding over which house his son would be in. Oh, he knew that he still had nine-and-a-half years to go, but he still wondered. Would young Draco be in Slytherin, like himself? Or in Ravenclaw, like his mother?
 
So when Narcissa came in screaming his name in a half-hysterical, half-psychotic blur of unintelligible sentences, he was ...startled. “Narcissa! What is the meaning of--”
 
He never got the chance to finish as his wife practically shouted, “The Dark Lord! The Dark Lord is here and he's looking for you!!”
 
Lucius felt his blood drain.
 
Calmly, he stood up and walked out of his study, being sure to lock his wife in the room. Swiftly, he entered the receiving room, where the wards kept anyone -even the Dark Lord- who was not a Malfoy from entering further.
 
The Dark Lord was there, and the strange sight that Lucius encountered rooted him to the floor, eyes wide as saucers.
 
The Dark Lord was seated on a black leather couch, soothing a crying baby. The sight of the dreaded Lord Voldemort crooning a lullaby to a baby was weird enough, but the sight of a baby that bore all the signs of being a Malfoy heir was absolutely ...strange.
 
“My lord?” he asked hesitantly.
 
The Dark Lord glanced up, and Lucius shivered under those crimson-scarlet eyes. “Lucius. My most faithful servant. I found this interesting being in the ruins of the Potters' home. I was wondering just how a dead babe and boy not two-years-old can give birth to a child.”
 
Lucius was confused. “My Lord? I... I don't understand.”
 
The Dark lord smirked cruelly. “Sanguis Acclaro (1).”
 
An emerald green and silver-white aura surrounded the girl, immediately telling both Lucius and Lord Voldemort that the girl's parents had both been Slytherin to the core. (2) In blood-red elegant writing (meaning both the parents were dead) two names were revealed.
 
Two very impossible names.
 
Draconis Lucien Alexander Malfoy (3) -father.
 
Harold Jamison Potter-Malfoy -mother.
 
Lucius' eyes went wide. “How? It's....” And then a sudden understanding flashed through his eyes.
 
“What?” the Dark Lord snapped.
 
“It's a necessary precaution, my Lord. Since the beginning of our line the Malfoy's have placed a charm on their children. Should they be attacked and the parent bearing the Malfoy-blood die, or should that parent sense their imminent death, then the child will be sent back in time to a pre-determined location until they come of age. If worse comes to worse, and both parents are powerful enough, the child could even be sent to an alternate dimension.”
 
The Dark Lord nodded absently. “The since she's you're granddaughter, she's your responsibility.” He stood up quickly and deposited the fussing girl into Lucius' arms and left. The baby quieted instantly.
 
Lucius stared at the babe, and for the first time looked into the emerald-green eyes of his granddaughter. And looking into those stunning eyes he whispered her name -the name knew on some instinctual level was the one his son and that Potter-boy had given her.
 
“Sereth. Sereth Amanita Sesan Malfoy.” (4)
 
So? This one's a little bit longer for all of you who hate really short chapters. The thing is that this fic was supposed to be a song fic, but I was having trouble finding a song to go with it, so I made it a chapter story instead. Some chapters will be long (for me), and some will be short. Either way, it's all good.
 
I'm sorry that I don't write longer, more descriptive chapters. I'm stretching my limits as it is with this kind of stuff. I appreciate all the people who've read and reviewed and was absolutely delighted to learn that people actually like my works, short chapters and all.
 
I fully admit that I'm better at the one-shots than I am at the chapter stories, as the chapter stories tend to loose my interest entirely to quickly. (chuckles sheepishly) However, I'm trying really hard to keep updating.
 
Love all of you,
 
Ceris Malfoy
 
NOTES:
 
1. Sanguis = Latin. It means `blood-relationship, race, family, progeny'.
Acclaro = Latin. It means `to make clear , reveal'.
Sanguis Acclaro is a spell used to determine the parentage of a child of unknown origins, most commonly used for orphans found wandering the street. It can not be masked by Polyjuice or glamour's or anything else, as it actually reaches into the core and blood of the child.
 
2. Yeah, Harry was in Gryffindor. But I'm going for the whole `snake in the lion's den' sorta thing.
 
3. Just warning you all. I constantly change Draco's middle names. Anyone who's read Dearest Harry will recognize that.
 
4. Those of blood usually have names six miles long. It's tradition. I'm just continuing it.