Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Witch's Song ❯ Chapter 2: Toad, That Under Cold Stone ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Witch's Song
Chapter 2: Toad, That Under Cold Stone
By: Ceris Malfoy
 
“Draco! Activate the charm!”
 
Draco whirled around to face his lover of 10 years, husband of two with an incredulous expression on his face. “But--”
 
Harry Potter-Malfoy was scary when it came to the subject of his daughter's safety. `But nothing! With both Voldemort and Dumbledore on our trails we. Wont. Survive. I want her to grow up happy, Dray. Send her to your father.” Seeing Draco's furious look, he quickly adjusted his suggestion. “Or my mother. Either way, activate the charm--”
 
A large creaking noise interrupted him and they both looked up in alarm as the ceiling threatened to fall down on them. And from the looks of it, the Avada Kedavra was welcoming them should the ceiling not finish the job.
 
“NOW!!” roared Harry.
 
Draco nodded. “Ablego Sospito(1),” he whispered, tears falling down his cheeks. “We love you, Sereth.” Barely had the child disappeared from his arms when the ceiling fell.
 
Everything went black.
 
Yeah, this is just a short one to help explain the situation in which a parent would send their child away to be raised by others. And I also wanted to reveal that Harry and Draco had loved their daughter.
 
NOTES:
 
1. Ablego = Latin. It means `to send away, remove to a distance'.
Sospito = Latin. It means `to keep safe , preserve'.
Ablego Sospito is the charm that Lucius spoke of in the last chapter. It sends the child away to a place pre-determined by the parent. The spell was developed by the Malfoy's and is known only to them and their spouses.