Horror Fan Fiction ❯ Choices of Nature ❯ Attacked by rogues ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Saved
 
 
I settled down to wait. After a few hours, I dozed. A sound, like footsteps and whispering. My skin prickled.
 
What's the matter Little Bianca?
 
But it wasn't Lestat. Not his voice, strangers. I sensed their evil, their intention to hurt. I picked up the names, Violet and Grish. The pupils glowed unnaturally and they laughed. Now Violet was wearing a punk t shirt and his companion wore leather. Both had longish hair, tattoos, pierced lips and tongues. Their fangs revealed the danger. No negotiations. Shit! I changed quickly.
 
I dove for Lestat's house windows, aiming for the one lighted.
 
Help Help! Someone! Your kind------after me! A few of the humans were packing up and merely gasped in shock as I swooped over them. My instincts went on overdrive, detecting Violet's energy not far behind. It was only that I couldn't see them, for their actions were too swift. May be starving but their actions are much too fast to catch.
 
I bumped into one of them and screamed, slashing with my talons. Aim for the eyes. He yowled, but still held onto my body. I twisted free, felt my feathers break loose. Pain surged but no time. I had to get away now! Grish was on the opposite side of the long floor. He held out his hands.
 
“Come here. Birdie. You won't win. Fierce but not just enough.” He laughed. I was not giving up. I concentrated on my other defense, the collection of attack on the mental barriers. I screamed loudly into their heads, they clutched their temples, groveling on the floor.
 
I made for the windows, but shit. It was locked. Violet lunged for me. I could not move. Lestat! I cried out, my vision blackening. Violet was squeezing me so tightly I could not move!
 
His presence moved into action, and I felt my head clear. I gasped for oxygen. The golden hair angel! He grabbed Violet by the collar and swung him against Drug Addict. The intruders slummed down, dazed.
 
“Wait here. I will finish them,” Lestat said coolly, lifting them up with little effort. They smashed through his window. I watched, now back to human form. I could never stick to my shape when I was under duress. Below at the courtyard, Lestat walked gracefully, tossing them with both physical and mental propellation.
 
Miss Bianca is a Shapeshifter. We don't touch their kind. get it? Learn this lesson, you assholes! Do you want to die?
 
No no have mercy on us. Who are you?
 
Lestat held Violet by the collar, ripped his shirt front. He cowered in front of the Immortal. He pressed his foot on the guy's chest. I will tell you now. I am the Vampire Lestat and this is my property. You will leave here immediately, or face my wrath and rest assured, I will kill you. Or, I can tell your sniveling boss Rishak. -------- my friend answered, his rage reverberating, but under control.
 
Fire! The flames licked Grish's hair. They screamed in agony, running blindly out of the compound. Fire licked at their asses. Lestat laughed, sweeping his soft hair. He looked up and smiled, rising into the air.
 
 
 
I sat down on the soft cushioned chair, drinking the hot chocolate the vampire had made.
 
“Why did you not stay at home? I was delayed because of problems. It is not safe here,” he asked, watching me intently. He was in all white, except for his shoes, French ones with buckles. I felt like crying, my eyes stung. It's so embarrassing, my family…. How could I tell Lestat all these problems? I don't even know him, only 2 weeks.
 
He prompted me, opened a box of tissues. I sighed, my hands shaking and cold. Lestat went to a cabinet and took some linen, tenderly wrapped my arm where a red gash was bleeding.
 
“Thank you. You are so kind,” I stammered, my vision blurring. He was not taking my blood but nursing my wound.
 
“It is alright. You don't have to worry, what you tell me stays here Bianca. I will keep a secret. You have plenty of stress? Tell me.”
 
I tried to talk but could not. So I showed him picture images. We conversed entirely by mind talk. I don't want to go. Any where. We've always been moving. It's not stable. So he slapped me. it is true isn't it? Why don't they understand that I am me? I hate my father! Hate him!
 
Lestat was a great listener, as he had been in the restaurant and at the park. He did not interrupt, only when my hands were trembling he took the hot drink and placed it safe. He was so concerned for my safety and welfare. After some time, maybe eleven, I was totally exhausted. He brought me into his bedroom and bade me lie down. I tried to say no, I could go home but must have dozed off.
 
I dreamt again of the scenes, of Lestat's sudden assault that had saved me, of him flying, fighting with them. He's so strong. He is dangerous. But he saved me. Were it not for him I would be a meal now. I sat up, disoriented at the lavish surroundings. My host was reading a thick green book. He smiled, urged me to sleep.
 
“You will be alright cherie. I won't bite. And you are under my protection now.” Next thing, he was reading me the story. I relaxed, totally immersed in it. Well I cannot recall the story, but I think it was a romance, and Lestat read with his French accent. At some points I did not get the plot and we talked. His voice was purring, brotherly to me.
 
 
It was six am when I came to. Lestat was asleep beside me. The vampire gentleman was on his side, turned away from me. Yea he knew how fearful I was of being bitten, so he must have done this, and at the same time I would be reassured that I'm not alone.
 
Thanks so much, man. I thought. He did not stir. I kissed his cheek, brushed some hair from his forehead. Then I noticed the sheet of paper, written quite untidily, I think coz he was tiring. Lestat told me when sun comes up their strength fades away.
 
I managed to understand it though.
 
Bianca, you may stay here. A servant will knock on the door at seven. Do not let her in, as she will see me and be frightened. Please veil the bed.
I did not go into my coffin because you wanted my company. Tell her what you need, food, clothes, bath. All will be arranged.
Sleep more if you want. As long as you're here nobody will dare to touch you. I think it's better you wait for me next dusk before going back. Just to be safe, all right?
 
Good morning now.
Lestat.
 
I pulled the blankets over his slumbering figure. He did not move. He's so vulnerable and young up close, not intimidating because his ethereal eyes are shut. The lashes are golden too, fine brows arched over. White skin. I draped the bed over as he requested and checked. Good. The curtains were drawn.
 
I cannot wait for you to wake up again.
 
At 7 am sharp, the woman knocked, which I hurriedly intercepted. I asked for food, and clothes. Yes. There were many dressed, which she had got from her cousin. Dresses. Yuck. But I could change into them. I also bathed, watched tv inside Lestat's room. I took care to turn the volume soft, in case I woke him. Not to worry coz he did not even stir. Really sound sleeper.
 
 
 
In between when I was sleepy I slept. I gained on sleep in the afternoon. The Frenchman awoke at 5.30pm. He rubbed his eyes, rustled the blankets. I turned around. The door opened. My friend lay down while I blocked him.
 
 
“Missy your dinner is ready. Do you wish me to come in?”
 
 
“No thank you. I can eat by myself. Thank you,” I said, holding the tray and the door shut. I tucked in ferociously, the bread, roast chicken, thick soup that smelled heavenly, grapes, berries. I licked at my fingers, sorry it had to finish so fast. I sat beside him, stroked his blond locks. He suddenly caught my wrist, not pressing but I could sense his strength already.
 
 
“Bon appetite, cherie?”
 
 
“Yup.” The man sat up against the soft pillows, curls tossing wildly, bright emerald-blue pupils ---------I could see myself reflected there. He finally let go.
 
 
I thought you had left already.
 
You told me to stay, and how can I resist free food? --- I said, grinning. Lestat laughed out loud.
 
Free huh? I see… those vampires were real idiots. Fancy trespassing on my property, and not knowing who I am. Their coven leader Rishak did not teach them etiquette. They took advantage of your sadness. That is unacceptable. Now shall we talk?
 
I was more than ready to. Lestat stretched himself, began to walk about his bedroom. He turned on the dim lights, which would brighten as the darkness fell.
 
 
I want you to come to me when you're feeling down
 
Knowing I can count on you during hard times
And you say the magic words and everything is fine again, baby
 
You just touch me like I love and everything is new again
 
Sometimes I can get kinda low and I just wanna walk away
 
Then you say the magic words -oh baby-
 
and I feel the sun shining on me again.
 
 
(CoCo Lee's Magic words)
 
Though I'm not in love with him, mind you, I wanted to stay and learn more about the differences between my kind and theirs. Lestat waited expectantly.
 
“You suggested hypnotization…. I don't see how it works out?” He held my gaze steadily, but without the effects of dizziness or pushing at full strength. “You have many powers. Um how did you set fire on them?”
 
The vampire folded his arms, smiling. “To the first question, let me talk to them for you. I can discuss the issue as a third person, so that you won't feel so angry and frustrated. Second question: as we get stronger, we have more abilities. Flying, scanning minds at speed reading's ease, flinging people from high buildings-------- fire too.”
 
He demonstrated, snapping his fingers. The fireplace lit up with the new flames. I warmed my hands. No kidding!
 
“Whoa.”
 
“Come again?” he was surprised, sent me a horse- braking. Cute.
 
“Whoa as in omg. Admiration,” I explained. “So, we take the plan. Thank you. You know, you don't need to help me. you've already done so much.” He smiled and kissed my head. His cold touch to my face thrilled me in an adrenaline way. But I can't forget the danger.
 
That night, I said Lestat was over as a guest. The spell was cast the minute he came in and made himself comfortable. He did not even raise a finger but they were mesmerized and silent. Lestat had memorized what I had drafted out. He was using what all his kind were gifted with, telepathy by the unconscious:
 
I want to learn more about the islands and remain here. I do not wish to argue with you. Let's settle his peacefully. I am making plenty of close friends, hence you do not need to worry about me. I agree that we're a family and I love you. *this was added in by my friend, so mushy and not my style* I am sorry I shouted at you. It was not intentional. I was too rash.
 
I assure you that I can cope here by myself. Mum will come back and visit occasionally. My brother is here too. If I were to leave, I would be very unhappy.
 
Did it work? When the preternatural sat back, he gave the ok sign. My parents were still dazed, but were coming out of it now. Mum yawned, stretched like she was in a deep sleep previously. Father walked away to his bedroom.
 
“Hello Monsieur.”
 
“Madame. You still remember me? I am impressed.” Lestat talked to her for a while. There wasn't any indication that she remembered what he had said to them in their hypnotization.
 
Yes they do. When it is time to leave, there will be no resistance. Don't worry, Bianca. I am a veteran at this skill. Hey, may I see your room? I'm really curious.
 
I was surprised. He looked at me like a baby pleading for his milk. I know and understand if it is your personal territory.
 
Ok, you can. Come on. I led the way to the stairs.