I My Me!(Ai Mai Mi!) Strawberry Eggs Fan Fiction ❯ Distant Hearts ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
" Distant Hearts "

by

Mill - chan

" I My Me Strawberry Egg’s " Fan - Fiction
Rated : PG - 13 ( first chapter )
Romance / Drama
Disclaimer : I do not own any part of the series or wish to violate it’s rights , it is originally distributed by FX , a Japanese company . I only own the original Japanese DVD collection , episode 1 - 13 .

A / N : All I wish is that somebody out there enjoys this work of fiction , as always not everybody does , but please , read the prologue or summary first . It can save you from reading something you don’t like .
Note : This fanfic may contain some Japanese terms such as : Sensei ( Teacher ) & Otoko ( Man ) .


Prologue :

Kuzuha Fuuko reflects on everything that happened since Hibiki Sensei walked into her life , detailed descriptions & both POV ‘s in later chapters ( mostly Kuzuha ) . The first chapter contains important flashbacks but my original writing mostly begins in chapter 2 & up .

Summary of 1st chapter

" Silence ...... haunting memories "

Fuuko’s inner thoughts about her Sensei , the love that blossomed inside of her for him & the almost eternal wait for his return .

~ º ~
[ A sudden flash of lighting was followed by the shattering noise of thunder ]

" No , don’t go , Sensei ! " yelled a woken up feverish girl .

" Hibiki Sensei " , she whispered .

* I feel so sick , Oh Kami - sama how I wish Hibiki Sensei was here with me . Like the other time I got sick with a fever just like this one , but that time Sensei was
here , right next to me , protecting me . *

+++

" Hibiki Sensei "

* He was always there for me , in good times & bad . Sensei was nice enough to even take me to see my mother's grave , he always made me smile . *

A small burning tear ran down her flushed cheek .

* Has it really been 10 months already ?

10 long months since she last saw Sensei’s bright smile , his emerald green eyes filled with tears , returning the sweet smile she had given him from the distance . I could never forget that moment , as if it only happened yesterday .

Come to think of it , who could forget Sensei’s face , he had very attractive features,
he was gorgeous as a woman & as handsome as a man .

I can still remember . As a woman Hibiki Sensei had long straight chestnut hair that her longest strands reached her wide hips . Long , shinny bangs covered her face , 2 small strands of untamed hair came out of her head giving her a more cheerful appearance.

She didn’t have much jewelry but only wore a black choker with a silver heart in the middle that she never took off . For clothing most days she wore a yellow long - sleeved shirt with a purple tight blouse under it that never failed to get some boys excited . For her small waist a stylish mini skirt with a silver belt over it . Brown pantyhose covered her very long legs & finally yellow pumps .

Other day’s she either wore a full gym uniform or short bloomers .
It all looked great on her since " she " had such a fantastic body .

With her attractive face ; bright green eyes , rounded cheeks , wonderful smile & striking body measurements made Hibiki Sensei very convincing as a woman .

But still , even if I was certain Hibiki Sensei was a woman , I always felt a certain attraction towards her , as if something inside told me she was really a he .

On the contrary , Hibiki Sensei as a man was the complete opposite .

Long shiny black hair on a loose ponytail reached his waist , he wore a red & green T - shirt , light brown loose jeans & snickers . From what I could remember , he had a very masculine slim figure fit for an athletics teacher & a very handsome face .

Hard to believe that by just adding a touch of make up such as eye - liner , blush & lipstick , some tight close with bra filling & brown hair spray can completely change a persons appearance .
Still both the female & male versions of Hibiki Sensei shared that same caring & fun personality .

Without forgetting , the choker on his neck really made the difference , it contained a special device that changed his male voice before coming out into the female voice he would have had if he really was a woman . It worked for screams , sighs , yelps just like a real female voice . Even tough she did kind of speak sometimes with a very deep female voice .

The truth is , I got at a bad start with male Hibiki Sensei since I saw him wearing a pink woman’s bra that night in the apartments . For me " Bra - Otoko " seemed very creepy to me .

If you really think about it , has anyone ever seen Hibiki Sensei & “ Bra - Otoko " together right next to each other ? *

+++

* I remember the time when the class went to the pool , Sensei had a tight one piece purple bathing suit & her hair tied up in a high pony - tail . That was at the time the girl’s & boy’s were fighting each other .

Luckily Hibiki Sensei found a way to loosen them up a bit , by letting out their anger playing ruff games in the pool , Sensei’s plan worked perfectly since they finished up enjoying their selves . Comes to show how much a teacher can help resolve student’s problems .

And let’s not forget the time of the physical exam , I had always been the smallest girl in class on every aspect ; height ( only " 4 " 7 inches at the time ) , weight , bust & curves .

To think about it really made me feel bad since on the other hand Hibiki Sensei had everything I didn’t have especially her tall height of "5 " 7 " inches . Desperate to impress her I put on like 20 bra fillers that really made me look ridiculous in front of everybody .

Sensei being so nice started talking about how breast are not everything a guy looks for in a girl , how was " she " supposed to know that ? *

+++

[ Rain stopped falling outside ]

* How I wish I would have reached the train station on time *

The fact of missing the train by a minute still haunted her .

As much as she suffered she still forced a smile on her face , as her mother always told her , but deep inside her heart still remained loneliness of not having anyone by her side .

She had shed so many tears on lonely nights like this . Any memories before Hibiki - Sensei other than her mother ’s were a blur to her . Sure , her friends meant allot too but other than that , there was nobody else .

She rarely saw or spent any time with her " business father " , that found his work much more important than his only child . He never even knew about Hibiki - Sensei .

But for the first time in many years , someone was there to take both her parents place , the first person she ever looked up to , felt really physically attracted to , the person she could never stop thinking about , none other than her Hibiki - Sensei .

At that moment , the urge to be close to her Sensei reached it’s highest points .
Would she have to spent the upcoming " Family Class Day " alone this year ?

This thought never bothered her before , but this year it mattered more than anything .

+++

* Would he ever come back to me , to us his students that have missed him so dearly ?

[ Sudden silence of thought ]

Why do I doubt Sensei ' s word ? , of course he will come , he promised us . *

Even thought it made her sad to think about their times together , it never failed keeping her warm inside .

Suddenly her cheeks flushed a bright pink & a sad feeling filled her . That time in camp .....

[ Beginning of very long Flashback sequence ]

It was our first day at camp & the girls were talking about resort romance , at that moment a very freaked Sensei appeared with a love - crazy Aoki not far behind .

" Hibiki - chan " , he cried out like the love lust teenager he was .

" I think Aoki wanted to propose to you " I said .

" WHAT ? , That’s no joke ! , I’m a ma .. .. I mean a teacher " he said nervously .

" Ooh , a teacher & a student going out ! ............... the forbidden love ! , Just like a story in resort ! .... & when you come back i’ll be all love " recited a dreamy Ume - chan .

+

* I never forgot Ume - chan’s words , a teacher & a student in love ? , could it really happen , even between two girls ?

I felt so confused to think about it , but would anything prepare me for what would almost happen that special night ? *

I felt my cheeks flushed even a darker tone of pink & my crimson eyes filling with sadness .

+

That night , as I was ready to go to sleep ......

I heard someone calling my name , it was none other than Aoki & his friend . They politely asked me to deliver 2 love letters , one addressed to Seiko & the other one to Hibiki - chan . As I heard Sensei ' s name I didn’t know what to think .

I kept my word & delivered the love letters .

As I gave Seiko her letter , Ume - chan took Hibiki - chan's letter out of my hand thinking it was for her .

" It’s time for love " she said . Later on , she would be very disappointed to find out the letter came from Aoki .

+

* Not being able to sleep I asked Hibiki Sensei out for a walk & told her all about the letter . *

" Sorry for calling you out . Where you busy ? " I asked .

" It’s ok , I wasn’t doing anything " she answered .

* I was silent for a moment , worried *

" Are you going to go meet Aoki ? "

" Of course not "

* I sighed in relief *

* We decided to lay down in the ground next to the lake to watch the star filled sky . There , I decided to ask Sensei about something that really concerned me . *

+

" Sensei ? "

" Yes ? "

" I wasn’t sure if I should have told you "

* Sensei looked up at me *

" About the letter ? "

* I timidly answered *

" Yeah , ....... when I got it from Aoki .... my heart was beating when he said it was for you . Perhaps it was because it was a love letter for you ".

* There was silence , I got so nervous I kept talking *

" Right now ... I’m feeling the same thing "

* I heard Sensei sitting up & getting closer to me *

" Why is it ? " I asked .

" Why does my heart beat faster when I think about you ? "

* I remember him being so surprised at my words , then that certain question came up . *

" Sensei , am I weird ? "

" Th ... That’s not true " he answered very concerned .

* Right after his last words I got lost in his gaze , my cheeks were burning up , Sensei only inches away , eyes so warm , getting so closer to me . *

" Kuzuha " was the only thing he could say at the moment .

" Sensei " I whispered .

* Why was it that at that moment being so close to a female Sensei didn’t feel wrong at all, as if something inside me told me she was a man .

As he looked deeper into my eyes , a sudden flash of light that came from behind us blinded us , it was an old woman in a red motorcycle . She took off her helmet & smirked at us , I wondered who she was .

Whoever she was , she ruined the moment that almost turned into a kiss . I went back to my tent & fell fast asleep dreaming of what could have been . One question still haunted me though , did Sensei like me too ? *

+

* That next morning our Vice - principal was furious at Sensei for allowing Fukai - kun & Himejima to sneak out together the other night .

Sensei was at their side & knew nothing really happened between them , but the mean Vice - Principal cancelled the other day’s hike for some boring sex education , boys & girls separated .

Since the VP was a feminist at heart , you can just imagine her long speech about boys & sex . *

+

* The day of our departure finally came & as the Vice - Principal was preparing her boring speech Sensei quickly snatched the microphone away from her .
Since Sensei was really a man there was no way the VP could be strong enough to steal it back .

Hibiki Sensei gave a heart worming speech about love & being with your special person . He told us to keep our memories about that person in our hearts with care , I was so inspired by his speech .

I was so excited to tell Hibiki Sensei that she was my special person . I quickly ran up to him .

Sensei seemed distracted but I didn't notice .

" Sensei , My Special person is ......."

The last word didn’t come out of my mouth because the events of that night flashed trough my eyes at that instant .

I got so confused at that moment that I forgot that Hibiki Sensei was still waiting for me to finish my sentence .
He looked down at me , a serious face & just left me standing there .
How could he be so cold ?

* Why did he just leave without saying a word ? *

[ End Flashback Sequence ]

" Sensei ... "

* Have I been awake for all these hours ? , it's almost morning but I just can't sleep .

+++

* I still remember the events that followed after that camping trip *

[ Beginning of 2nd long Flashback Sequence ]

* Back at school Sensei didn’t talk much in class . Sometimes when I looked strait at him he did the same to me , his cheeks began flushing & his face looked worried .

In gym class I didn’t have an exercise partner so the only person left was Hibiki Sensei . He seemed unsure next to me & I felt uncomfortable around him . Somehow his touch felt so good . *

My thought’s at that moment :

* I wonder if I’m normal ? *

[ I looked up at Sensei , but she was blushing back at me with a nervous smile , I smiled back at her . ]

+

* That afternoon while I was walking trough the hallway’s of the school I found Fukai - kun . What I never expected to hear from him was that he was confessing he liked me & invited me out .

I couldn’t do that , I liked someone else , I unfortunately ended up braking his heart. I was so confused .

I did get that weird feeling Hibiki Sensei was near , but that couldn't be . *

That conversation .......

[ Rain was falling hard against the ground ]

" Sorry I .. "

" You like someone else ? " Fukai - kun asked .

" I , don’t know "

" Ok , I’ll be waiting until you do know "

* tears flowed down his eyes *

" I wont give up until then Kuzuha "

* I couldn’t say yes to him because I only liked Sensei . *

+

[ That night I decided to go for a walk . ]

At the bridge I started thinking .

* Normally you like boys ..... right ? *

Right then I saw "Bra - Otoko " walking towards me , he looked so sad .

Since I evaded him , he just kept walking with his dog .

* I have no right to hate the bra wearing man , I am more weird than he is *

+

* The next morning Sensei told us to walk in groups because of kidnappings . He seemed unmotivated . As our eyes met , he just looked away .

I couldn’t tell my friends because they would think I’m weird .

The other day I decided to visit the fortune teller to get a reading early in the morning . I guess time went by without me noticing & class already started .

In the middle of the reading Hibiki Sensei suddenly appeared & hit the fortune teller thinking he was the kidnapper . As I told Sensei the truth we didn’t notice that a candle had fallen to the floor & started a fire .

Even in the midst’s of the fire I couldn’t believe that Sensei cared so much to go & look for me . As a large piece of wood was falling right towards me , Hibiki Sensei took my hit .

A hurt Sensei in my arms I decided to confess my feelings for him , thinking Sensei was still a woman . Before that , he told me to leave him there but I could never do that . *

" Kuzuha ... why wont you leave ? " he whispered in pain .

" Sensei , it’s time I’ll protect you . I’ve figured it out , even if your female ..... & even if you reject me .... Even if .... even if I .... I like you Sensei " I bravely said .

* As the fire got worse , it suddenly stopped . We were saved by the old lady with the motorcycle - mecha & Kurage - chan her dog . I proudly came out holding an unconscious Sensei at my side . *

+

* The other day in the hospital, I came to visit Sensei at his room addressed as
" Amawa Hibiki " . I brought him some fresh flowers to enlighten the room .

Hibiki Sensei was awake but seemed very weak . He had a bandage covering his forehead but didn’t have any burns . *

" Sensei , your awake , I’m so relieved " I proudly said .

[ There was silence ]

A sudden look of concern filled his face .

" Kuzuha , are you hurt ? "

" It’s only a little burn " I answered .

" I see "

* As I apologized to Sensei about the inccident , he told me it was his misunderstanding . I later explained how Kurage - chan & the old lady had saved us .

Just when I was about to put the flowers in the little table beside' s him , I heard Hibiki Sensei yelp in pain , his head hurt very much . *

" Sensei , are you ok ? " I screamed concerned .

* As I reached out to his shoulder, somehow he tried to evade my touch, but that sudden movement just made me fall right on top of him .

Yet again , our faces were only a few inches apart . Our surprised eyes met .
This time the situation was way more intense .

Slowly , Sensei lifted his hand & touched my right cheek . His touch burned my
skin , I felt a weird feeling inside my body , it was overwhelming .

Weird thing was that Sensei actually looked handsome for a moment , I must have seen trough his clever disguise . I felt so attracted to him , without feeling weird at all .

As he got closer I realized I was still on top of him .

Our eyes closed , & as we were just ready to kiss , the sliding door opened ! *

" Fukai ! " I yelled .

* I jolted backwards as I felt Sensei push me forward , did he really regret what was happening ?

Our attention went directly to Fukai - kun , he seemed shocked but quickly hid that expression behind a frown .

Sensei invited him in , I looked one last time at his face & left the room to buy some juice . *

+

* After that , Fukai walked me home . We talked but I ended up hurting him making him madder at me .

I entered my home , the girls looked at me worriedly .

I mentioned that Sensei would be back from the hospital soon .

Upstairs , while I was thinking , Himejima came to comfort me , I cried in her embrace.*

[ End 2nd Flashback Sequence ]

The first rays of the sun were slowly coming out .

" I guess I didn’t get to sleep anything last night "

+++

* What would happen next would be much worse .... *

[ Beginning of Final Flashback Sequence ]

* The other day Hibiki Sensei returned . The Vice - Principal called a sudden
announcement .

Then she said it , in front of all the students & teachers , she declared that Hibiki Sensei was a MAN !

Of course without any proof no one believed her , until she showed pictures taken from a near by hospital window .

It caught me by surprise , but at least she was really a him .

The pictures were so clear , Bra - Otoko was really Hibiki Sensei .

It just didn't make any sense whatsoever .

The VP started talking about how Sensei only wanted to be a teacher to get closer to girls . Deep in my heart I knew all her words were a bunch of lies , but still I didn’t know what to believe .

At that instant the VP showed the picture of the moment when we almost kissed in the hospital . I was so embarrassed , everybody looked at me in disgust.

Suddenly , Hibiki Sensei disconnected the laptop & told us that I didn’t have anything to do with it .

The VP ripped Sensei ' s choker off his neck , she knew he couldn’t talk as a female without it .

Then , without saying a word , Sensei bowed at us , looked one last time at me & left out the door .

After everyone left , I was still there , paralyzed . Only Himejima stood worriedly besides me .*

" I really liked her , even if she wasn’t a woman , even if people think it’s sick , or whatever anyone says .... I still liked her . It’s true "

" Are all the emotions I had fake ? "

I said with almost no feeling in my low voice .

* I think I could have forgiven him , but Himejima told me not to .

The other day there would be a parent meeting to turn the school into an all girls school .

Even in his side , I couldn’t help that feeling that Sensei really was a Hentai .

Now I’m sure it could never be true , but it took me a while to figure out . *

+

' That person in the beginning ,

A beautiful and wonderful woman ...

Appeared in front of me ...

From time to time , I could feel my heartbeat quicken ...

But we were both female ...

So that feeling was ...

Something different , I thought ...

But I was wrong ...

I love that person ...

No matter what anyone else says ...

But even then ...

[ Flashbacks of the Vice Principal revealing Hibiki ' s real identity ]

That person was a man ...

But even then ...

Woman and men are both humans ...

However , my feelings can’t just suddenly be appeased ,

What’s happened up until now ...

Everything ...

was a lie ? '

+

* The news of Hibiki Sensei leaving the next day spread like wildfire .
I’m sure he felt horrible .

All my friends only believed the lies of the Vice - Principal , forgetting how much they learned & loved Hibiki Sensei .

At the pool I thought , was I really Sensei ' s target ? , it couldn't be .

The boys & girls stayed away from each other , constantly fighting over who was the better sex .

That afternoon , while we were walking down the road , I never expected to see Hibiki Sensei , never the less , as a man .

I really wanted to talk to him , I had limited time since my friends didn’t want me close to Sensei . *

" Was everything up till now a lie ? , did a teacher named Amawa Hibiki never
exist ? " I asked .

" Yeah , I didn’t have money & I needed the job .
That was it ... I’m sorry , just forget about this ... "

* I couldn’t believe his reply , he seemed so down , I knew there was more than
that , it just couldn’t have been for the money only .

My friends quickly pulled my hand & left him just standing there , all alone .

That night I really felt sad . I couldn’t sleep . *

+

* Next morning at the meeting all the parents were there , ( except mine ) .

They were all filled with hate for Sensei , they also forgot how he helped them get closer with their children in Family Class Day .

As once again the Vice - Principal began to talk lies about Hibiki Sensei , I found the courage in my heart to stand up against her .

I really loved Sensei no matter what anyone else said .
Just before standing up , I had a wonderful vision , a vision of Hibiki Sensei , as a woman , all dressed up giving me that heart warming smile .

I couldn’t stay sitting there , I had to protect his memories .

The VP was startled to see me running right towards her & taking the microphone out of her hand . In front of everyone , I began my speech . *

" At the time , in that moment , that was not a lie ,

Hibiki Sensei ....

Hibiki Sensei helped me run my first ever 50m without tripping ,

Hibiki Sensei worried about us ,

Hibiki Sensei cleaned together with the boys ,

Hibiki Sensei spent Family Class Day with me ! ,

Hibiki Sensei tried hard ,

Hibiki Sensei fought for us ... "

* In the peak of my joyful speech the VP tried to take the microphone away from
me , but I still kept talking * .

" Hibiki Sensei , Hibiki Sensei believed in us !

Sensei isn’t a fake !

Sensei isn’t a liar !

It really seems that .... I love Sensei ... "

I yelled with loving tears in my eyes .

* The VP really got furious & just when she was about to hit me all my friends stood up for Sensei ' s sake too .

Very soon all the kids & their parents in the audience stood up . We all wanted Hibiki Sensei back , even if we had to fight .

Fukai - kun gave the VP the punch she deserved . All my friends screamed their apology to Sensei trough the mike .

Somehow Sensei heard us from the distance .
Suddenly we heard Sensei 's female voice coming from the ceiling , we all ran up but when we got there the voice really came from the apartments down the road . *


" Minna ... thank you , for calling me teacher one more time .... thank you .

I’m sorry I lied ... but I loved all of you :

Himejima , Aoki , Fukae , Iwaya , Oumono , Fukushima , Deyashiki , Ashiya , Nishinada , Noda , Yodogawa , Ooishi , Naruo , Shinzaike , Amagasaki , Mikage , Manase , Uozaki , Kasuganomichi , Umeda & Kuzuha .

Thank you .

For now , I think that it’s best for me to leave .

Teachers & students , men & woman , we are all human , but ...
there’ s still remain many thoughts about the differences ...
if you allow yourself to be confined to your own world ,
you wont be able to let yourself go ...
I have decided ...
someday I will definitely return .

Next time , I’ll be my real self .

Minna , thank you , I’m really glad I bacame your teacher ... "

* No ! , I wanted to be near Sensei right then , everybody was crying .

I screamed his name as many times as I could .

My dear friends helped me get to the train station but we were too late , the train had already left us a few seconds ago .

I ran to the side of the bridge , I caught one last glimpse at him trough the train window .

He looked at me so sad , but my teary face turned into a warm smile .

He smiled back at me with shinny teary eyes & then he was gone . *

[ End final Flashback ]

* As I open my eyes it’s already 7 : 30 AM , a Saturday .

I jump out of bed , take a bath , get dressed & smile at myself in the mirror.

" I have no other choice but to wait , at least he left me with a smile ".

~ º ~
End of 1st chapter .


A/N: I hope you enjoyed it , I know you’ll be happy to be informed that you read this fic without even 1 grammar error .
The 2nd chapter is already done but I have to pass it , after that there’s about 5 other chapters I have to make . So this will take a few months to finish .

Mill - chan : " BYE , BYE "