InuYasha Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Dragon Half Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Words Worth Fan Fiction / Battle Angel Alita Fan Fiction ❯ On the Run ❯ Felonies ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

On the Run

By: bsmart (a.k.a. Tiek Mo Shet)

Disclaimer: Why the hell am I writing this? Nobody reads them and they have no legal weight. It's a complete waste of time and bandwidth and yet I'm still typing. If you're under the legal age where ever you are don't read this, but since you're going to anyways at least don't let your mommy catch you. This fic is very much NC-17.

Copyright? Ha! Don't be a dick and claim this as your own and if you got this anywhere besides mediaminer.org or the official Pokegirls Yahoo group then you likely haven't seen all of it as those are the only two places where this story is officially distributed.

Note: This is an Orange League fic. To be honest I don't know a damn thing about pokemon and I want to keep it that way. If I make a dumb mistake feel free to point it out. I've done as much research as I can into this to keep it consistent with what seems to be the accepted canon of the pokegirl world. Also no one that I know of has done anything with the Orange League so I'm making it up as I go along.

"…" Normal Speech

`…' Thought

Chapter 11: Felonies

"She needs to go to a pokecenter now if we're going to save her," Washu said.

"We can't do that," Nikolas said.

A half dozen indignant "What?"s greeted his statement.

"You're just going to let her die?" Ceres demanded as her voice broke and her eyes started to tear.

"No, no. I didn't say that," Nikolas said indignantly. "Think about it, she's been reported stolen and if we take her to a pokecenter they'll scan her and ID her in an instant and when that happens we're all screwed. Now just give me a minute to think this out." Nikolas stood up and began to pace. "What about `balling her?"

"It'll slow down the process but it won't stop it," Washu said.

"What about a medical store or a pokestore, would they have something that can help her?"

"No, the kind of antibiotics we need aren't sold in a store, you can only get them at a hospital or pokecenter."

Nikolas crouched down and rubbed his temples for a few moments. "What about a healing cycle?"

"She needs antibiotics," Washu said forcefully, "What about that don't you understand?"

Nikolas growled and smacked a fist into the ground. "I get it! I'm just trying to find a way to help her without getting my ass caught! FUCK!" Nikolas snatched his hat off his head and ran his hands roughly across his face and through his hair before standing up and walking over to Ceres and Washu to look down at Delta. `She almost looks peaceful,' he thought. `For a demon she has a sweet face.' Then his gaze swept across the bandages on her arm and the frustration came roaring back.

Yerella stood to one side watching her son as he stared at Delta and then off into the distance. Washu stood up and was about to say something until she placed a hand on her son's alpha's shoulder and quieted her. Nikolas paced a few steps away from the group and pulled out his pokedex. For a few minutes he worked its controls until he seemed to find what he was looking for and snapped it shut. He turned back towards the group and walked up to Isabella. "Drop the pack shorty," he told her quietly. When she did so he rummaged around inside it and pulled out two cardboard boxes and sat down with his rifle across his lap. "The pistols, I need them back," he said to no one in particular as he removed the magazine from his rifle and started to reload it from one of the boxes.

Faye walked over and handed him the pistol she had taken and a few seconds later Nina dropped the pistol Ceres had used into his lap. "Nikolas," Nina asked, "what are we going to do?"

With the magazine topped off Nikolas slapped it back into the rifle and cocked it. Before he pulled out his pokedex and brought up a map of the area. "We're here," he said pointing to their position on the map as the girls started to gather around. "We're about five kilometers southwest of Cordale. There's a pokecenter there that'll have what we need to heal Delta, I'm going there to get it. I want you all to head directly north. There's a river about seven kilometers north of here and when you reach it follow it to the west until you reach these falls," he said as he traced the route on the map. "When I'm done I'll meet you all there. Oh, and ball Delta." Nikolas shut the pokedex and started to top of the pistols' magazines.

"They aren't going to just give you those kinds of antibiotics," Washu warned him.

"I know," he said as he slipped the pistols back into their holsters and pulled the knife on his belt out to examine it quickly before putting it back into its sheath.

"What are you going to do?" Nina asked.

"Its better for everyone that you don't know, now hurry up and get going." He reached back into the pack and pulled out a length of rope followed by a pair of binoculars.

"Know what?" Faye demanded.

When Nikolas looked up at her he felt a sudden overwhelming desire to tell her but he quickly overcame it and said defiantly, "What I'm about to do."

"Why?" Ivy chimed in.

Nikolas was beginning to get annoyed. "Because if I'm caught I just go to jail for the rest of my life, I've already got a murder two conviction coming so whatever I do doesn't really matter. On the other hand they put down pokegirls who commit felonies." Nikolas tossed the rope over his head and left shoulder before slinging his rifle over the opposite. "Now get moving, all of you. You've got a long way to go and not a whole lot of daylight left. I'll meet you as soon as I can." Nikolas stood up and did his best to make it obvious that the discussion was over.

"Nikolas," his mother intoned, "what exactly are you going to do?"

Against his better judgment Nikolas looked at his mother when he felt her hand on his shoulder. `I never could lie to her,' he thought as he looked at her. "I'm about to go commit about three felonies I figure."

"I said exactly."

"I'm going to go break into a pokecenter, steal what we need, and kidnap a Joy to heal up Delta."

Yerella was taken aback a moment and tried to cover it up by straightening her dress. "Well then."

"Yeah."

"You should get going."

"Probably." Nikolas took a step before adding solemnly, "Watch after `em for me."

"That's your job," Yerella answered softly.

Nikolas nodded and headed off quickly leaving the girls to fend for themselves for the time being. The area along his path to Cordale was relatively open plains with only a few scattered trees and Nikolas hoped to make good time. After a few minutes of hurried walking he heard a dull thump followed by a hissed curse. Turning quickly Nikolas saw a flash of red dropping into the grass and Faye's form disappearing as if it had been made of smoke. A whisper could just barely be heard above the wind whistling through the grass.

Nikolas walked up and looked down at Washu. "Can I help you?"

Washu looked up from her crouch and flashed Nikolas a smile that went from ear to ear. "Just making myself useful."

"You and Faye go make yourself useful with the rest of the girls."

"I told you you weren't fast enough." Washu grumbled as she stood up and dusted off her khaki shorts.

Faye reappeared out of thin air with her hand on her hip. "Like you were any faster."

Nikolas sighed. "Both of you get lost, you can't come with me," he said quietly.

"The hell we can't," Washu shot back determinedly as she fixed her ponytail and bangs, "You obviously can't take care of yourself." Satisfied with the condition of her appearance she looked back at Nikolas with a smirk, "You need adult supervision."

Nikolas locked eyes with Washu and scowled at her as he told both of them, "You come with me and if we get caught the both of you get put down so get out of here."

"No."

Both Nikolas and Washu looked at Faye questioningly.

"I doubt you're a much better criminal then you are a tamer so you need somebody who knows what they're doing with you," Faye explained. "If you get caught we're all in trouble and Delta dies."

Between the disinterested look Faye wore and Washu's defiance Nikolas knew he wasn't going to get rid of them. "I don't suppose either of you are actually going to listen too me will you?"

"No," Washu said flatly.

When he didn't hear anything from Faye Nikolas turned to her. "Will you?"

Faye hesitated a moment before shaking her purple hair out of her face and saying, "No."

Nikolas quickly turned his back on them and stormed off through the grass. "I don't believe this shit."

"We know what we're getting into," Washu told him as she hustled to catch up.

"What about Mihoshi?"

"What about her," Washu asked as she adjusted the straps to her pack. "She's a big girl, she can take care of herself."

"Fine," Nikolas muttered and for nearly half an hour they walked along in silence. The gentle rolling hills of the plains started to flatten out as the sun started to sink into the horizon.

Finally Faye couldn't stand it anymore, "So are you just gonna walk in there with your rifle hanging out or what?"

"Well it'll be late and dark by the time we get there so it won't really matter. Exactly what are you hoping to accomplish by coming along Washu?"

"Do you know what you need from the center?"

Nikolas opened his mouth to say something but closed it just as quickly and sighed, "No."

"So you just walked off without really knowing what you needed?" Faye asked stunned.

"Not much of a planner either apparently," Washu teased.

Nikolas growled, "Give me a break alright. I was going to have the center's Joy tell me what we needed."

"I could have told you if you'd just asked," Washu said as she followed Nikolas over the top of a hill.

"I screwed up ok? Damn." The silence returned and the plains gave way to crop lands as night fell over them. A while later Nikolas asked, "So where did those things in the woods come from you think?"

"They were probably there the whole time in some form or another and whatever made the forest that way made them that way too," she explained.

"The blast?" Faye asked.

"Most likely," Washu said.

Nikolas fell back until he was between the girls. "I've read a lot of the histories of the world before Sukebe. I don't remember ever hearing of anything like those. Nothing that big hunted in pack and sure as hell nothing I ever heard of looked like that."

"Did you ever read of trees that looked like those did and that could survive and explosion that could scrub hills off the face of the planet?" Washu asked skeptically.

"Well no."

"Then there you go." Washu scowled as she continued, "I wish I could dissect one of the bodies. I could have described an entirely new species. Do you know how rare it is to find an animal of that size in the wild?"

"Yeah, I've never heard of anything that size off of a farm," Nikolas answered.

"We killed more in ten minutes then most people see in their lives," Faye said. "How does something like that survive?"

Washu thought about it for a moment before saying, "Well individually they are almost a match for a pokegirl and they hunt in packs large enough to overcome a harem full of girls. You'd need a group of pokegirls our size to have a chance against them probably."

Nikolas looked off towards a house in the distance with its lights on. "If those things ever came out of the woods….," he said ominously.

"Since people tend to disappear from the surroundings I would suppose they do from time to time but because no one has ever described one I would say it's not common and they don't go far."

"Then why didn't they follow us?" Faye asked.

"The light? They had big eyes, and no iris that I saw just a wide open shot to the back of their eyes. They're probably blind in mid day light," Nikolas offered.

Washu smiled. "Smart boy," she said patronizingly, "all the people who disappeared in the surrounding areas disappeared at night. Between the eyes, very astute I might add, and their pale skin they probably can't stand direct sunlight. The brightest it ever gets in Murkwood is twilight which makes it a perfect habitat for those things."

"Lucky us to find them," Faye muttered as she rolled her eyes.

Nikolas snorted, "I don't think we were the first people to find those things, just the first to get away."

Two hours later the three of them were lying on top of a hill over looking Cordale. "This looks like it could be a nice place to live," Washu whispered as she accepted the pair of binoculars Nikolas was handing her.

"Yeah, sure," he muttered. "The pokecenter is right down there on the main road. Two story, brick, big white and red sign out front."

"I see it," Washu said as she made to pass the binoculars to Faye.

She shook her head no, "I can see it fine, how do you want to get in?"

"We'll use the ladder around back to get up to the roof and the use the roof access door to get inside, unless you have a better idea that is."

"No, that sounds fine," Faye said as if giving a child permission.

"Glad you approve."

"So when do we go?" Washu asked.

"We'll give it another hour to make sure everyone's asleep and then we'll go."

The alley was dark as a pair of purple ears poked around the corner of a building followed by the rest of a Catgirl's head. The head disappeared quickly and a moment later it reappeared as the girl sneaked around the corner and started down the alley. Quickly after her came a young man in a pair of olive drab cargo pants, a red t-shirt, a black jacket, and a bright yellow wreckball cap pulled down so far that when combined with how far he was bent over the only part of his face that was visible was his scruffy chin. Bringing up the rear was a young redhead with khaki shorts and a black t-shirt pulled over a long sleeve white sweater.

The group stopped at the base of a ladder behind a brick building. Leaping straight up the Catgirl easily cleared the grate that was protecting the bottom half of the ladder and caught hold of it. She reached down and pulled the redhead up onto the ladder who immediately scampered up it and onto the roof.

"This might easier if you'd just get big you know," Faye hissed.

Washu didn't bother responding as disappeared from view.

"Little help here?" Nikolas asked from the bottom of the ladder.

"Awww, I thought you were a big boy," Faye teased.

"Just give a hand damn it!"

Faye reached down and pulled Nikolas up easily as she huffed.

"Thanks," he mumbled as he went up the ladder.

"Don't mention it," Faye grumbled.

When they made it to the roof they found Washu crouched by the door busily hooking her lap top up to the door's security panel. "Just give me a minute and I'll be through this," she said as she untangled a cable.

Faye walked up to the door and reached through it with her right hand. A moment later the door slid open and Faye grinned as she gestured towards the open doorway. "After you," she said sounding sweet and sarcastic simultaneously.

Nikolas unlimbered his rifle and started down the stairway behind the door. After Nikolas passed Faye's smile got even larger and more self satisfied as she looked down at Washu. The little Supe-Bra Genius quickly packed up her things and flicked Faye off in passing as she hurried after Nikolas. At the bottom of the stairs they found Nikolas slowly walking down the hallway at the bottom of the stairs. Washu tapped Nikolas on the shoulder and whispered into his ear, "This floor is going to be recovery rooms and storage. The clinic will be on the first floor." Nikolas nodded and quickly moved to the end of the hall at the back of the center and down the stairs there.

At the bottom of the stairs were several curtained doors to their right and a couple of regular doors to their left. Washu quickly scanned the signs above them and went to the one closest on their left. "This one, the pharmacy," she whispered as she tried the door. "Damn it, it's locked."

Nikolas nodded towards the door. "Faye."

She nodded and quickly opened it in the same way she had gotten them in the building.

"What? Come on," Washu muttered as she saw the cage enclosed counter just inside the door.

Faye sighed and held Washu's collar as she walked through the enclosure pulling Washu with her.

"Nice trick," Nikolas said as he stood guard at the door.

Washu glanced down at her body and ran her hands over her chest. "Wow."

"Would you stop that and find what we need," Faye snarled as she began looking through the shelves full of bottles and boxes.

"Damn that's a lot of drugs," Nikolas said slightly in awe of the number of pills, creams, and syrups behind the counter.

"Most of them lethal to humans," Washu said off hand as she started to check the tags on the end of the shelf. "Here we go." She went two thirds of the way down the aisle before stopping and looking up. "Damn." Washu rapidly grew to her full size and rifled through bottles of pills and serums.

Nikolas allowed himself a moment to admire the way that Washu filled out her clothes in this form. `Almost as built as Mihoshi,' he thought as he grinned.

"You're not supposed to be here!" a high pitched female voice squealed from out in the hallway.

Immediately everyone's eyes snapped around to the doorway and the unmistakable form of a pink haired Nurse Joy standing in it. Almost immediately Nikolas lunged forward and grabbed a handful of the Joy's nightshirt and drug her forward into the small pharmacy waiting area he was crouched in. He dumped her unceremoniously to the ground and against the wall below the counter. Nikolas quickly covered the Joy's mouth with his left hand as he allowed his rifle to fall and hang by its strap and drew a pistol with his right hand. He didn't point the pistol at the Joy, instead he stayed in his crouch over her and propped his right elbow on his knee with the pistol held straight up in the air making sure that she could see it. "Be quiet!" he snarled as she started to struggle and tried to talk through his hand. "You be quiet and nothing bad happens, got it?" Nikolas kept his eyes locked on the Joy's as he said, "Sweetie?"

Washu caught on quickly, "Yes?"

"Grab anything that looks useful."

"Got it," she replied.

"Now are you gonna stay quiet if I take my hand away?"

The Joy looked back and forth between Nikolas' face and the pistol in his hand before nodding yes. "Good girl."

In the enclosure Washu told Faye, "Bandages, disinfectant, things like that, as much as you can stuff in here," she said while she tapped her back pack. A few moments later both girls stood before the enclosure and Washu caught Nikolas' attention by waving a hypo-spray. When she had it she pointed the injector down at the Joy and raised her eyebrows.

While Faye and a now young Washu walked back through the solid counter and grate Nikolas asked the Nurse, "So, how long have you worked here?"

"Wha….I've work EEEP!" the Joy exclaimed as Washu pressed the hypo-spray against her neck and triggered the spray. The girls pupils quickly dilated and she slumped over unconscious within seconds.

Washu held up the hypo-spray, "Aladrazine, she'll be out for hours and wake up with a hell of a headache. With any luck she won't remember a thing either."

"Do we need anything else?" Faye asked.

"To wipe our faces off the record," Washu said as she pointed to a camera at the end of the hallway.

Nikolas grimaced and shook his head. "Where?"

"Any computer will do," Washu answered, "The lobby is sure to have one."

The three moved quickly down the hallway to the front of the center and its lobby. As Washu disappeared behind the reception desk and began to set up her computer Faye and Nikolas wandered about the lobby examining things. When Nikolas walked by the entrance to the pokecenter something on the bulletin board beside it caught his eye. "What the hell?"

"What is it," Faye asked as she walked up beside him.

Nikolas pulled a notice off the board. "I don't believe this!"

Faye glanced over his shoulder and saw that he was holding a wanted posted of his self. "I know, that's a horrible picture."

Nikolas shot Faye a disapproving glance, "Well yeah but five thousand? That's it?"

"Five thousand isn't chump change," Faye told him, "That'll keep your average bounty hunter in the black for two months or better."

"Yeah but look at this," he reached up and tapped another pair of wanted posters. "These two goons are another one of those "Team whatever-the-hell" clones who haven't done much more then harass some tamers and steal a few pokegirls and they've each got a ten thousand credit bounty on their heads."

"Organization has its benefits."

Nikolas folded his wanted poster up and stuffed it into one of his thigh pockets. "There is no justice."

"If you're done feeling sorry for yourself can we get going now?" Washu asked.

Faye was a little surprised, "Done already?" she asked.

Washu was incredibly pleased with herself, "It wasn't hard," she explained, "all I had to do was wipe out tonight's security logs and shut down the cameras."

"Then let's get out of here," Nikolas said before heading for the stairs at the back of the center.

Faye was almost to the first landing and Nikolas was just starting up the stairs when Washu's delighted squeal caught their attention. Nikolas quickly spun towards her with his rifle up only to see Washu disappearing into one of the exam rooms with a huge smile on her face. Nikolas quickly chased after her and found her examining a shoebox sized piece of equipment on top of a table. "Washu what the hell do you think you're doing, we have to get out of here."

"I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it." Washu rambled as she fell over the machine and started to hug it and stroke it.

"What is that?" Faye asked as she came in and saw the cause of Washu's enthusiasm.

Washu squeezed the machine harder for a moment before letting go of it and starting to fiddle with the controls and cables attached to it. "It's a Czerka Corp. mobile healing center," she gushed. "Oh we have to take it."

"Mobile? I thought a healing machine was the size of a closet," Faye said.

Washu snatched the machine's plug out of the wall before dragging a case off the shelf built into the bottom of the table and loading the machine into it. "Normally yeah but that's because a normal unit's programmed to deal with everything that could come up." She pulled a wallet off a shelf over where the machine had been and opened it up showing Nikolas and Faye the I.D. card sized cards inside it. "This machine only fixes the problem you program it too with these. It takes longer because you have to change out cards and everything but just look at!" She held up the case holding the machine. "A portable healing machine!"

"It could be useful I suppose." Nikolas said.

Washu looked at him as if he was insane, "Useful? Of course it is! Don't you get it? Anytime we're somewhere we can plug this in we can heal everyone! We'll never have to come to a pokecenter again!"

"Be quiet!" Faye hissed, "There might be other people still in here."

"I'm guessing that thing's not cheap," Nikolas observed dryly.

"Let's just say that the bounty on your head wouldn't even make the down payment for one of these," Washu explained.

"Alright grab it, it'll be useful. Now let's get out of here, no more distractions."

Moving quickly they made their way back up to the roof and down to the ground. They made their way through alleys and small streets eventually making their way into an industrial park on the edge of town. The park consisted of dozens of two story warehouses arranged in rows. Most were closed up but a few were left open to the night. Flood lights placed near the roofs of each warehouse illuminated the concrete parking lots and loading docks around each warehouse. Nikolas paused at the corner of one warehouse and let Faye and Washu pass him so that he could check to see if they were being followed. After spending several seconds scrutinizing the area behind them Nikolas was just turning back to follow the girls when a flash of blue and green caught his eye. When he looked back he didn't see anyone behind them and was about ready to dismiss it until he saw a long thin human shaped shadow on the ground at the corner of the last warehouse they had passed.

Nikolas' face paled as he hustled up to Faye and Washu. "Both of you, get out of here, now!"

"What do you think we're doing," Washu asked sarcastically.

"I mean run," he told them.

Faye raised and eyebrow and asked, "What got into you?"

Nikolas pulled the pistol out of his left holster and handed it to Faye. "The bounty hunters found us again," he deadpanned, "Make sure Washu gets back with that medicine; I'll make sure these guys don't catch up."

"What? What if they have a pokegirl?" Washu asked.

"They didn't have one last time, and I doubt they've gotten one in the last four days."

"I'm not just leaving you here," Faye insisted.

Nikolas shook his head, "Just do it."

Faye tried to disagree with him but when she looked in his eyes her body refused to cooperate. "I'll get her out of here and hide her but I'm coming back to help you."

Nikolas decided to leave it at that, he wasn't entirely enthusiastic about facing the bounty hunters again by his self anyway. "Alright then, hurry up and get out of here." Faye nodded and Washu and she rapidly disappeared from sight.

`Ok, first to make sure they see me,' Nikolas thought. Moving to the corner of the nearest warehouse with an open bay door he tried to make it look like he was checking the group's rear to make sure they hadn't picked up a tail without actually looking to where he was fairly certain the hunters would be. `I can't believe these guys are still after me, they know I have a rifle and that I'm willing to use it and they're still willing to come after me for a measly five grand.' Nikolas paused as he realized where his thoughts were heading. `If these guys are willing to keep after me when they know I'm armed and they're good enough to have found us again just wounding them is pointless. They'll just keep coming.' Deciding that he'd given the hunters enough time to spot him he turned and headed into the warehouse moving quickly amongst stacks of structural steel and crates of large metal machine parts. He found what he was looking for when he ran across a stack of crates chest high with a clear view of the door over them. Nikolas settled his rifle on top of the crates and sighted the door down the barrel. The three meter high eight meter wide opening was back lit and Nikolas reckoned it would make an excellent spot for an ambush.

`If I don't do something I'll never be rid of them and eventually they'll get lucky…'

In the doorway a tall thin man appeared moving cautiously. A half second later an equally tall but much heavier built silhouette appeared. Nikolas aimed low on the men, hoping to hit them in the legs. `Unless I do something,' echoed in his head as his aim point rose towards the center of the large one's chest. Nikolas muttered to himself, "You should have just let us go," as he tightened his finger down on the trigger of the rifle.

Nikolas' Girls

Nina - Catgirl

Ceres - Vampire

Washu - Supe-Bra Genius

Mihoshi - Bunnygirl

Gally - Battle Angel?

Faye - Cheshire

Mink - Dracona

Sango - Kunochi

Delta - Daimon

Ivy - Boobisaur

Harley - Ocelolita

Kaya - Wildcat

Naga

Billie

Author's Notes

Acknowledgements:

Lighthawk - My designated pre-reader, who subjected himself to this every way too often.

Warpwizard - Who's given me a lot of advice on the mechanics of my writing.

Notes:

Feedback: bsmartfanfic@yahoo.com

Wanna get pissy in person? Come on over and bitch me out: http://s87753679.onlinehome.us/forums/index.php?act=idx

For updates and just my general bitching: http://www.livejournal.com/~bsmart

You don't need to tell me I suck, I'm well aware of that.