InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Spirit ❯ Return to Paradise ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inu-Yasha is not my character. He is the love child of Rumiko Takahashi. Same for Kagome and all the other characters we've come to know and love. Knowing this, please enjoy my little spin on the plot.

Tainted Spirit

"Tantalus…" a voice calls from the darkness.

"Yes, my lord?" Tantalus responds, keeping his head bowed. He is knelt in front of the gaping darkness that is the ceremonial chamber. It was always a bit uncomfortably dark in here. The voice spoke again, this time the words going straight into his mind, sending chills down his spine.

**You have a new mission… failure will result in dire consequences.**

Tantalus knew that tone. He was serious. He brakes into a minor cold sweat, waiting for his mission.

**It has come to my knowledge that the Shikon Jewel has resurfaced. Currently, it is shattered into pieces, but there's a mongrel demon traveling with a human collecting the pieces. Go out, and get these shards from them. Once they are out of the way, find the rest of the jewel.**

Tantalus nods, and sparks begin to rise from the ground and spin around him. The sparks completely envelope him in a blinding light. Suddenly, the sparks disappear, along with Tantalus.

As he teleports, he wonders what kind of a fight he was in for.***_________________________________________***

"Kagome!" Shippo shouts as he jumped into her arms, nearly knocking her back down the Bone-Eater's Well.

"Shippo! I missed you, too!" She says, squeezing the little kitsune in a bear hug. She looked around, hoping to see another familiar face. "Where's Inu-Yasha?"

Inu-Yasha's ears prick up a bit upon hearing Kagome's voice. It had been several days since he'd last heard that voice. He'd missed her more than he would like to admit. From atop a nearby tree, he sits up and looks down at her.

`Kagome…'

"Well, aren't you going to come down and say hello?!?" She shouts.

"Why should I?" he retorts, turning back towards the clear sky. Shippo, deciding it's a good time to bother Inu-Yasha, hops from Kagome's arms and scampers up the tree. Just as he's about to reach him, he takes a new shape.