InuYasha Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ War of the Three Worlds ❯ Chapter 4 of Day1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Inuyasha, Ranma and Yuu Yuu Hakusho don't belong to me.

Authors Note: I'm posting this story in the hopes that once it's out of my system I'll be able to continue K: TJC.

Kagome - 20

Ranma - 18

Yusuke - 15

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shippo finally made eye contact between himself and Cologne; the auras flaring around them suddenly gave Ranma the urge to be elsewhere. As soon as he was gone, a defeated sigh left Cologne's lips.

"What do you want Genkaku-san?"

"What do I want Ku-Lon? I'm sure you already know." Shippo snarled, finally letting his anger show. "I want you out of my territory. For two years I've tolerated Xian-Pu's pursuit of Ranma because I knew he could defend himself, however this attack on my sister is the final straw!"

"Genkaku-san, please; our laws demand that Xian-Pu return with Ranma as her husband or else my family will be disgraced!" Cologne all but begged.

The fur on Shippo's tails bristled, and his eyes began to bleed red.

"When your great-granddaughter is out of surgery, you will tell her what a stupid thing she has done. Then you will contact your fellow Elders with my ultimatum. Either they allow you to return with your honour intact or I will contact the Lord of your province and inform him of the offence that has been given me and he will destroy your village. You will be given until one week after Xian-Pu is released from the hospital to leave. During that time you are forbidden from harassing Ranma and making a general nuisance of yourself."

With a growl and a whoosh of displaced air as he turned with his long hair and five tails lashing through the air behind him he stormed back into the stairwell. It was time to end the chaos.

But before he entered the building he paused and spoke without turning his head.

"Ku-Lon. I am not a heartless demon, I understand that your village has it's laws and that those laws include destroying yokai. However you must realize it is no longer the 1500's, and that in order to survive we have adapted to the modern world. Perhaps it is time for your village to adapt as well."

Using the stairwell, he moved from one wing to the other before he entered the roof again. While he was in the proper frame of mind to take vengeance for his sister Shippo reached into the inner pocket of his jacket and whipped out the mightiest weapon known to modern man, his cell phone. Hitting the combination for speed dial 3, he waited as the connection on the other end rang and was finally answered.

"Hanta! Get me everything there is on the Kounji and the Kuno clans, I don't care what means you use to get it!" Shippo barked, before pausing to hear what it was that Hanta had to say. His mood lightened considerably.

"So her name's Amherst Maeko and she's got a business on the side, a sanctuary and veterinarian for exotic animals? Excellent, send me the address." There was a series of beeps as his underling uploaded the address of his dream woman to his cell.

Unable to keep it bottled up anymore, a shit-eating grin spread across his jubilant face and sparkling green eyes before punching his fist into the air.

"YES! SHE'S SINGLE!"

Ranma leaned against the outer wall of the hospital and did something he rarely had the time to do, he thought about the situation. The roaring of passing cars and earsplitting wail of incoming ambulances failed to produce even a twitch from the martial artist. This was because for the second time in his life, he was angry enough to truly hate someone. Shampoo.

He was disturbed at the extremes she was willing to go though not just for him, but for her stupid, archaic laws. Once hanging loosely at his sides, his hands clenched into tight fists and slammed the wall behind him hard enough to create a small crater with spider webbing cracks surrounding them in the cement.

Damn you Shampoo! He fumed. Damn you and your laws! I didn't mind you attacking me, I can defend myself. But a baby! And not just any baby, Kagome's! This has gone too far! Ranma's heart wrenched painfully as he thought about his gentle cousin, how she'd nearly lost her last reason for living.

He shook his head of those dark thoughts, Shampoo had paid dearly for her near misdeed, indeed she'd paid with her blood. There was no reason to pursue her over it now, she had suffered enough. He allowed the Soul of Ice to wash over him, bringing forth happier memories of the past.



It was Yusuke's 2nd birthday and aunt Atsuko had invited them all to join the festivities. 5 year old Ranma, 7 year old Kagome with her 2 year old brother Sota and their families had come to the party. For hours the four of them had run amok in the backyard while the adults talked. Play fights and tickle fights had degenerated to the boys throwing mudballs at each other while Kagome, as the oldest, kept an eye on them.

Ranma's brow furrowed in concentration as he remembered what happened next. Somehow . . . he'd fallen and cut his arm on a piece of glass. Before he could really start wailing Kagome had called a time-out and put him on her lap with Sota and Yusuke looking on as she rocked back and forth hugging him and inspecting his cut.

Then the hand, which was on his wound had glowed a gentle light purple before vanishing.

That had been the first manifestation of her Miko powers, and when they told their parents, it had all been chalked up to their imaginations.

Shippo's yoki tickled his senses and Ranma looked up just in time to see the Eastern Lord walk out of the hospital. Their eyes met for a moment.

"She'll live. Now let's go. We have several stops to make." Shippo's black limousine pulled up to the door and they climbed in.

Once they were in the mainstream traffic Shippo pulled out his cell phone.

"Ranma, call your mother and explain everything to her, tell her to put her affairs in order and to pack enough clothes for the next few months. Then call Akiko-obasan and tell her to do the same for herself, Great-grandfather, Sota-ojisan, Mama and Rei-chan. You all will be my guests in my home for the time being."

Ranma gaped at Shippo.

"Why?!" He sputtered.

Shippo paused in the dialing of his head maid, face grim.

"In case the Amazons decide I'm bluffing and retaliate."

Ranma paled as his imagination kicked into overdrive and immediately began dialing his mother.

"What about Yusuke?" Ranma asked as the phone rang. A dark chuckle escaped Shippo's lips.

"Don't worry about him, he's got powerful friends in high places who have a vested interest in the well being of him and his family."

Ranma gave him a look that showed his confusion and concern all at once.

For the next half hour Ranma spoke to his family and Shippo barked orders to his underlings. The poor driver of the limousine could feel the tension building in the air and prayed to any Kami listening that this wouldn't end in war.

When the limo pulled up to the door of Shippo's home and they stepped out the Eastern Lord turned to Ranma.

"I need your help now. I have an item in my collection that will help Mama, but I can't touch it, only she can. Originally I planned for Rei-chan to receive it when she was older, but circumstances have changed." Shippo paused in his speech as he led Ranma down a set of stairs. "Now, Mama needs it more. She needs it to keep other, higher parties from taking her from us. If those people see that she is in control of her yokai blood, they'll leave her alone." He finished as they reached a vault.

Ranma clenched his fist at the thought of his family being taken away because Kagome had only been protecting her daughter.

"Shippo-san . . ."

"Please, we're family. Just call me by my name."

"We can protect her and Rei-chan! I don't want her to need some magic item when she's got us! I mean, look at us. I'm the best martial artist in Japan and you're the Lord of the Eastern Lands and a full demon ta boot! Not even the Amazons'll mess with us both!"

"Dealing with these people is not in my capacity." He saw the look on Ranma's face and continued before the young martial artist could say something rash. "Nor is it in your capacity. The people I fear are those of the Reikai, the Spirit World." He sighed as he input the code for the vault.

Ranma blinked as it sunk in, then he exploded.

"Aw dammit!I knew the Kamis were out ta get me! An' now they're after my family . . ." He trailed off as the vault opened and it's contents were revealed.

Every hair on his body stuck straight up, even his pigtail, he could feel the magic oozing like gelatinous slime from the vault.

"Ranma, I know it's unnerving. But you must be strong for your family, for Mama." Shippo watched as Ranma employed his chi to calm himself and stroll into the vault, and stop beside him in front of an ancient sword.

For the first time in just over 500 years, give or take a year or so, the heartbeat of Tetsusaiga was felt. The kitsune and the human could feel it thrumming through their chests and vibrating their ribs as though a Boeing 747 had passed hardly a foot from them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It awakened.

Two beings, one human and one demon had come within it's proximity. Almost tentatively it had pulsed, feeling their blood, their very souls. It pulsed again, reaching farther this time, reaching for its master. Another pulse swept over the Earth and into the Reikai, finally finding its master. But he was out of reach, unable to wield it once more. The blade within the sheath sang loud, clear and sharp as a newer part of itself woke, and made it pulse again, searching once more, not for it's master, but for the bonds of its master's family. In this new search, it sensed family ties of blood and spirit. Of one of the ties it found the mate of its master and his offspring, and it knew that it was needed once again. A final pulse was sent that swept through the beings close to it, judging them.

Yes, it would allow the human to take it to the mate of its master.

a: I know I know. But I wanted some doctor lingo and, well, lets just say now I know what an abdominal aorta is ...

Taiki: Thanks for reviewing!

elisteran: I was aiming for about 1000 words per chapter because when/if I got writers block I would still be able to keep posting for you guys until I get over it. As for my sentences, well, I can't really help what ff.net does to my chapter structure when I upload.

Ranko Urameshi: Cool! Thanks! I'm glad you like it!