InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ Comming home ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A silent night in the month of May found the captivating Sunset Shrine amongst tall green trees. Under the gaze of the shrine, an old wooden shed sat proudly and held a magic unimaginable to the human mind.

As the wind gently blew, the leaves of the Goshinboku Tree whispered to one another in an excitement. The trees knew something that the humans, save two, did not. As the leaves were dancing amongst themselves, a blue light lit from inside of the shed that held the magical Bone Eater’s well. The leaves whispered in excitement, but as the shed doors opened, they hushed down with one last whisper, ‘They’re here.’

Two young girls slowly made their way to the shrine doors in both tears and blood. The trees whispered their words of comfort knowing of their losses as the wind carried comfort to the girls. Footsteps echoed across the court yard as electrical lights lit up the windows. Upon reaching the door, the girls were confronted by an older woman whose eyes shone with confusion, love, and worry.

“Kagome?” The elder woman’s voice asked. A soft smile played on the younger girl’s lips as she leaned on her friend for support.

“Yes, momma, I’m home.” The young girl closed her eyes as tears began to leak from the corners. Kagome was ushered into her home by her mother and with the aid of her friend, Sango.

The woman quietly helped the girls to the couch and pulled out a medical kit.

“Momma, this is Sango. She’s a friend.”  Kagome whispered quietly before she succumbed to the sleep she desperately needed. Mrs. Higurashi examined Kagome’s injuries and found that she was unable to imagine the pain her daughter had gone through. On her arms and legs, thin deep scratches bled red as blood oozed from the deep scratches reaching from her left shoulder to the right side of her waist. Mud decorated her uniform and many of her injuries. Tears fell from her eyes as she rested her gaze upon her daughter’s innocent face. She glanced at the girl recognized as Sango and saw she was injured as well.

“Mrs. Higurashi, I think we should work on Kagome’s injuries first. She can explain the situation to you once she wakes up.  But I can tell you that it’s over.” Sango’s hand reached over to hold the hand of the elderly woman whose tears fell freely. The woman nodded as they began to clean and bandage the wounds.

As she was working, Mrs. Higurashi felt a tugging at her shirt. She looked down to find a small little child with pointed ears sticking from the sides of his head. His cerulean eyes were filled with tears and fear as he twirled his tail between his paws.

“Is momma gonna be ok?” He asked. Mrs. Higurashi looked down at him with a smile. “Of course, are you Shippo?” The little fox nodded and yawned. “

“Well Shippo, You should rest for now, Kagome’s going to be just fine.” The kitsune nodded and curled up next to the two tailed cat. Upon finishing the bandaging of both Kagome and Sango, Mrs. Higurashi carried Kagome to her room, with Sango following behind holding Shippo and the Kitten tightly. She gently placed Kagome in her bed and smiled as Shippo curled up next to her. She led Sango to the guest bedroom and bid her a goodnight. With all of the lights in the shrine diminished, silence was once more found at three in the morning.

-- Kagome’s Pov. --
-Dream Sequence-

We were on the battle field. Around me the blood curdling screams of demons erupted violently as they were perished from existence. I looked around and saw blood, guts, and fighting. Being as used to it as we were, none of us were squeamish about seeing such things. I glanced to my left to see Inu-Yasha hacking through demons, next to Kouga who was slamming his feet into his opponents and using his claws to shred them. Sheshomaru was on my right as calm as ever as he severed the heads of challenging demons. Sango and Miroku were fighting side by side. Kirara was settled besides me and Shippo in my barrier. Naraku sat grinning maniacally as his pawns did his dirty work.

Naraku grinned in my direction and I immediately shivered. I turned around and saw Kagura and Kanna. They were grinning as well. I felt my anger rise as I stared them down.

“What do you want?” I demanded. Kagura let out a loud laugh as she whipped out her fan.

“You know very well what I want, little girl.” My eyebrow furrowed in anger and I felt a small growl emit from the back of my throat. Kagura’s gaze shifted to something behind me, before an arrow whizzed past my head, shattering the barrier I created. I quickly turned to see Kikyo glaring at me. ‘Kuso!’ I thought to my self as I involuntarily stepped backwards. Before I could act, Kagura lifted me from behind and flew me to Naraku with a small hint of regret in her eyes.

“Kagome!” I heard Inu-Yasha yell. I looked down to see Kikyo missing. ‘Figures.’

“Kagura, don’t do this. We can help you!” I begged. She looked at me sadly,

“I'm sorry, it must be done.” She landed swiftly in front of Naraku. Naraku looked down at me with a grin of malice and evil intent. I flinched as his tentacle gently grazed my face.

“Kagome,” he paused, “Give me the jewel. It would be a shame for me to have to kill you. With me, I can cure you of your weakness and make you something stronger. Forget your friends, you don’t need them. Together, you and I can rule all that we see.” He leaned his face closer to hers as his dark red eyes stared into hers. I felt anger rise within me as my miko ki rose dangerously around my body.

Naraku backed up slightly and retracted his tentacles. The Miasma around me dissipated and I stood on shaky legs. My face remained calm, but my eyes were the window to my anger. I threw my head back and laughed. Behind me, I could hear my friends yelling at Naraku, trying to breach his barrier.

“I will not join you Naraku. As long as you exist in this world, I will fight you. As long as this cursed jewel exists, I will seek its destruction.” I stepped forward. Naraku glared darkly and charged. His tentacles thrashed against me as I was slammed into the earth.

“Join me or Perish.” He yelled. My body shook as I forced my self to stand.

“No.” Naraku seethed. He threw me to the ground in his human form and continued to beat me. I refused to give in. As his kicks continued I remained silent.

“This is your last chance,” He whispered as he lifted me off the ground, “Join me.” Blood dripped from my mouth and several cuts around my body. I brought my face closer to his and stared into his eyes. I closed my eyes crashed my lips upon his. His eyes filled with surprise before he wrapped his arms around me. I felt a small victorious grin rise as he pulled away.

“Never.” I whispered as I forced every ounce of purification powers I had in me into his body. The barrier around us disappeared as Naraku began to burn. I bent down and immediately purified the jewel shards. I fused the two pieces together and smiled in triumph; the jewel was finally complete. I turned to my friends and laughed victoriously.

“It’s over.” I whispered.

-End of Dream Sequence-

I awoke with a small smile on my face, remembering how Naraku was defeated. I looked down and remembered what had happened before returning home. I cringed as I sat up and let out a small gasp of pain. Besides me, Shippo opened his eyes in worry.

“Kagome, are you ok?” He asked with childhood innocence. I let out a small smile and nodded.

“Yes sweetie.” I gently caressed his ears and sighed. I slowly made my way out of bed and crept into my bathroom with an extra pair of clothes. As I showered I pondered the events after the battle.

-Flashback-

I stared at the tiny Jewel that had caused so much pain and suffering. Something so small, worth so much. They say that anything worth having is worth fighting for, but did they ever consider the fact that maybe some things are too troublesome to fight for? I scoffed as Inu-Yasha carried me back. I could feel exhaustion setting in, but I couldn’t fall asleep yet.

Upon arriving at Kaede’s, Kouga approached me and lowered himself to a knee.

“Kagome, I know you aren’t taken with me as I am with you, but let it remain clear, that I love you, and if I can’t love you as a mate, then I will love and cherish you as a friend, a sister, and an ally.” I smiled and wrapped my arms around him as he stood.

“Kouga, that’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever said to me. Thank you for your assistance today. I would be honored to be your sister, friend, and ally, only if you would be mine.” Kouga wrapped his arms around me in a brotherly embrace.

“Alright you two, break it up! Get off of her you flea bag.” Kouga growled and looked down at me.

“You could do so much better than him.” He whispered. I laughed as Inu-Yasha fumed.

“Thank Kouga. I’ll hopefully see you soon.” He grinned.

“Of course, who else is gonna look after you.” with a wink he turned and ran to the East. Inu-Yasha snorted.

“Stupid wolf.” Inu-Yasha came close and wrapped his arms around me in a comforting embrace.

“Would you walk with me, Kagome?” I blushed but nodded as he led me away from camp. I could feel my heart jumping for joy as he intertwined his fingers with mine.

“Kagome, I love you. I have loved you for so long. Would you accept me as a husband?” I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as I smiled as brightly as I could.

“Of course!” He wrapped his arms around me and crashed his lips upon mine in a loving manner.

“I was thinking we could get married Next week at the same time as Sango and Miroku.” I smiled and nodded hopefully. We then walked hand to hand back to camp.

-End Flashback-

I turned off the faucet and wrapped myself up in my towel. I stared into the mirror and lightly brushed the cuts that would surely become scars.  I placed my hand over the exposed flesh of my back and gently poured my energy through it, closing the wound, leaving light scars behind. I repeated the healing on my arms and legs, where not a single scar was left behind. I smiled and pulled on a black mini skirt that ended at my mid-thigh and a blue long-sleeved sweater. I slowly descended the stairs to the kitchen where my mom sat quietly drinking tea with Sango, Shippo, Ojii-san, and Souta.

I smiled softly at everyone and refused to be sad. Souta ran up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I held back my own tears as he sobbed into my shirt.

“Kagome. I missed you. It’s been over a year. We weren’t sure if you were even alive.” He cried as he desperately clung to my side.

“It’s ok Souta. I missed you too. But I'm back now. It’s over.” I whispered as I gently stroked his hair. He looked up at me with a grin.

"Does this mean you'll play with me later?" He asked. "You did, after all; miss two birthdays in a row." I felt a small sting of guilt enter my mind as I hugged him.

"Of course! I'll have to make up a lot. So I think maybe we'll have to go out sometime and get ice-cream." Souta's eyes lit up as he danced around the room in victory.

"Did you hear that mom? She's going to take me for ice cream!" I laughed as my mother shook her head at his childish antics. Sometimes, he reminded me of Inu-Yasha. I felt a small twinge of sadness rise but I forced it down and narrowed my eyes. 'No. Inu-Yasha reminds me of Souta.' I forced a smile as I sat down next to Shippo and my mom.

"Good morning sweetie, did you sleep well?" My mother asked me. I smiled and nodded, not quite trusting my voice.

"That’s good dear; you might want to think about going shopping for Sango and Shippo. I'm sure they might get strange looks from what they wear at the moment." I blushed and nodded.

"Of course. Do you guys want to go after breakfast?" I asked. Sango smiled appreciatively at me and nodded.

"That would be very much welcomed." We shared a laugh. I could see through her eyes, that she still missed Miroku. I cringed inside but shook it off.

"Well, Kagome, if you would, could you please take Souta too? I think he needs to spend some quality time with you as well." I smiled at him,

"I don't know he can be quite obnoxious…" I teased. I felt laughter tickle the back of my throat as he sent me a pleading look.

"I guess." I laughed as he jumped up and grabbed Shippo,

"Come on Shippo, I'll give you something to wear." They scampered away and I sighed in relief and closed my eyes for a moment as I continued to ponder the events of the past.

-Flashback-

Two days before the wedding, I sat talking to Sheshomaru. Although his exterior is cold and distant, he is more than he seems. I flashed him a small playful smile as he mocked my decision to marry Inu-Yasha.

"Well, Sheshomaru, He's more than what people know and even think. Kind of like you," I paused as I glanced at him teasingly, "You're cold and harsh on the exterior, but deep down you’re just as much my friend as any of my friends." Sheshomaru looked baffled, as a small blush settled on his cheeks.

"Miko-" he began, "Kagome." I interrupted. He glanced at me in irritation, "Kagome, I don't understand you. I never have. You embrace those that have hurt you even with the chance that they could do it again. You're very foolish," I flushed angrily, but before I could respond he continued, "But I wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled brightly and took his hand.

"I wouldn't change you either," I paused, "brother." Sheshomaru smiled down at me and helped me stand.

"If he hurts you, I'll kill him." he whispered as he embraced me. I laughed and embraced him back. Before he pulled apart, I grasped his shoulder.

"Wait. I want to give you something." Sheshomaru raised a single elegant eyebrow and nodded for me to continue. I smiled as my hands began to glow blue. I placed my glowing appendage into his empty sleeve and gently restored his arm. When I finished, I pulled away panting with a victorious smile on my face. Sheshomaru looked at his arm in shock as he stretched his fingers. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Thank you, sister." He then turned and walked away.

-End of Flashback-

I stood outside as my mom pulled out a pair of keys.

"We had hoped you would have been finished with your quest before you turned eighteen, so we got you a car to celebrate your birthday. Unfortunately, you weren't here. But you are now, so that’s all that matters." She handed me the keys and I smiled as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Thank you mom. I love you so much." She nodded and began to cry.

"We're so glad you're back, sweetie. Be careful out there." I laughed and nodded.

"I will be." I walked down the stairs with Sango, Shippo, and Souta in tow and I gaped when I saw my car. It was a black Mustang GT. I giggled as both Shippo and Sango warily glanced at it.

"Is it... Safe?" she asked me I grinned.

"Of course." I laughed as I got in. Souta ran for the front seat but I shook my head.

"Nope, Sango stays in front. Strap Shippo in for me, would you?" Souta grumbled and buckled his seatbelt.

As we finally arrived at the mall, I was reluctant to leave my car. I put on the alarms and kissed the hood of it. "Be good." I heard laughter and I scowled realizing Souta was laughing.

"What's so funny squirt?" He blushed as he fidgeted nervously.

"Nothing." he looked away and I grinned knowingly.

We made many stops inside the mall, purchasing many outfits and shoes along the way with many thanks to momma's credit card.

As we were walking I heard someone yell out, "Souta." I turned to see a little girl about Souta's height.

"Oh, hey Mina, this is my sister, Kagome." His face was stained red as he fidgeted under my gaze. I giggled and shook Mina's hand.

"Hello there. Are you Souta's girl friend?" I asked teasingly. She blushed and looked at the floor.

"I- um... yes." I giggled and patted Souta's head.

"It seems I missed more than you said." I whispered to Souta. He blushed a dark shade of red, before taking Mina's hand.

"We were just going for ice cream, if you wanted to join us." Her eyes lit up.

"Ok, I'll have to ask my sister though." She ran over to a group of girls and I twitched realizing whose sister she was.

"Kagome!" three girls yelled in unison. I inwardly sighed.

"Eri, Ayumi, Yuka." I whispered with a fake smile. Sango looked just about as irritated as I was.

"Who’s this? And who’s that adorable little guy." Shippo blushed as Sango stuck out her hand.

"Hello, I'm Sango; I'm her… half cousin." Sango said quickly.

"This is Shippo," I paused and gulped, "He's my son." Their eyes immediately bulged.

"Your son?! He has to be at least Souta's age!" Eri screeched. I laughed.

"He's adopted; his parents were killed in a car accident." Yuka and Ayumi looked sadly at Shippo.

"Sorry little guy." Yuka said. Ayumi nodded.

"He's so cute!" Eri giggled. I laughed and nodded.

"Well, we better be on our way, we're going to get ice cream." I hurriedly said.

"Oh, we'll come with." I sighed.

"Very well. Let’s go guys." After eating our ice cream, we finally managed to evade the trio of giddy girls and got to my car. I gently placed the bags in the trunk and grinned as I started the car. We drove off back to the Shrine.

--Author's POV--

After two months of adjusting to the new era, Sango and Shippo found themselves enjoying a magical box of images called a Television.

--Kagome's POV--

We were sitting in the living room watching television, when my mom walked in while talking on the phone. After hanging up the phone, she turned to me with a giant smile and sat down.

"Kagome, your cousin is coming for a few weeks. Can you prepare the guest bedroom? He'll be here tomorrow afternoon. I grinned as I remembered our colorful past.

"Sure mom. I'll do that." I stood and grabbed Shippo.

"Come on my little trouble maker, you and I have things to do." with a sadistic grin I left the room, leaving Sango and my mom to wonder what I was up to.

-Three hours later-

Three hours later found Kagome putting the finishing touches into Yusuke's room. With a grin Kagome picked Shippo up and nuzzled him.

"We're done my kit, and once Yusuke gets here, he'll be in for a big surprise." Shippo giggled and squeezed out of my grasp.

"Can I go play videogames with Souta now?" he asked with his cerulean eyes filled with hope. I laughed and ruffled his hair,

"Of course." He bounced out of the room leaving me to my thoughts. Over the past two months I frequently had thought about my past, and forgetting it is far easier said than done.

-Flashback-

One night before the wedding, found me sitting and talking to Sango.

"I can't wait!" Sango said excitedly. I laughed and couldn't help but to agree.

"Me either." I smiled as I remembered what Sheshomaru had said about mating.

"Hey Sango, I need to go talk to Inu-Yasha, I'll be right back." With a grin I stood and dusted myself off. I turned towards the forest and knew instinctively where he would be. As I neared the Goshinboku Tree, I heard the obvious murmur of Inu-Yasha's voice.

I stepped closer into the clearing to the scene of Inu-Yasha and Kikyo wrapped in each other's limbs. The wavering sound of their pleasure echoing in the clearing.

"Inu-Yasha, do you love me?" I heard Kikyo ask him.

"Of course, Mate." Inu-Yasha responded. I felt tears fall down my face as he said that. Kikyo glanced over at me.

"If you love me, will you wish me back my soul?" She asked him. I stiffened. 'Please say no, Inu-Yasha. Please.' I thought to myself.

"Anything for you, mate." He stood and turned, but as he saw me his face expressed shock and guilt.

"How could you?" I whispered. He closed his eyes.

"Do it for me Inu-Yasha." Kikyo whispered to him. His eyes opened and shone red. I stumbled backwards as Inu-Yasha stepped closer. I turned and ran before yelling a string of sits. Behind me Inu-Yasha growled viciously as he plummeted into the ground. I took off to the village and found Sango, Shippo, and Miroku sitting quietly around a fire.

"Sango, I have to go, I have to leave. I'm never coming back, I love you guys, but I can't stay. Inu-Yasha, he-" I was cut off by Inu-Yasha coming through the trees.

"Kagome! You bitch, get back here!" I stiffened. Shippo jumped into my arms,

"Take me with you!" he cried. I nodded. Miroku stood in front of us as Inu-Yasha drew Tetsusaiga. Fortunately, it didn't transform. He threw it aside and flexed his clawed fingers.

"Keh, I don't need that anyway. I have my claws." He leapt forward and Miroku whacked him in the head with his staff. Inu-Yasha fell to the ground and stood.

"Stupid, damn monk." Inu-Yasha leapt again, this time landing a blow on Miroku's side.

"Inu-Yasha, stop it!" I yelled. Miroku turned,

"I love you Sango, run!" As Miroku turned around, Inu-Yasha began to attack again. I grabbed Sango's arm and we both fled to the well. As we ran, the branches cut into my exposed arms and legs. We finally broke through the trees to the well. Before we could Jump in Inu-Yasha sliced my back open. I crumpled to the ground in Agony but didn't scream. I closed my eyes and waited for the end of my life, but it never came. I opened them to see Sheshomaru standing above me with Inu-Yasha's neck wrapped in his hands.

"Go home Kagome, I'll find you in 500 years." I nodded as Sango and I jumped into the well with Shippo in my arms.

-End of Flashback-

I shook my head and went into my own room. Sometimes, the past is just too much to think about.


Yusuke’s POV –

Keiko and I were sitting at a table, enjoying each other’s company, when Botan suddenly appeared,

“Yusuke Koenma needs you, it involves your cousin.” I immediately stood and looked at her.

“What’s wrong with Kagome?” I demanded. Botan shivered under the intensity of my glare, but she shook her head.

“She’s fine, sort of, it’s complicated. We need you.” I nodded and looked at Keiko.

“Looks like time has been cut short again.” I whispered as I pecked her on the lips.

“Stupid, damn toddler.” I murmured as I put money on the table. Keiko giggled and waved. Eventually, after my leaving so often, she adapted to our shortened dates, as much as we both hated it, but she understood.

I walked with Botan into a portal and walked into Koenma’s office.

“Start talking, what’s going on?” I demanded of him. Koenma sheepishly laughed.

“It’s a long story, we’re not exactly sure,” he paused glancing around the room at Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara, “We believe she has spiritual powers and we also believe she came into contact with a powerful artifact.” Everyone stood silently watching me as if waiting for my reaction.

“So?” I asked Koenma sighed, “She may have the powers we need to rebuild the barriers. I have several theories about her, but it’s up to you to reveal her past and find out if she is truly what we are looking for.” I stared at him in irritation.

“I don’t want you involving her into this mess.” I whispered as I controlled my anger.

“Yusuke, if she isn’t directly involved already, she will be involved.” I looked up in confusion, “What do you mean, ‘already involved?’” I asked. Koenma sighed.

“The artifact she has is impossible for her to have without contact to demons on a daily basis.” I was about to answer back but Kurama beat me to it.

“If we may ask, what artifact does she posses?” Koenma narrowed his eyes at the thief.

“You would know it well, and you would do well not to go after it. It is the Shikon no Tama.” Hiei and Kurama shared a glance.

“Who cares about the damned jewel, we just need to talk to her right? I’ll call her and we’ll visit no problem.” I picked up my phone and dialed her number.
“Hello?”  Came the fragile voice of my aunt.

“Hey auntie, a few of my friends and I were going to be looking at colleges over in your side of Tokyo, and I was wondering if we,” She cut him off.

“Of course you can stay over. When are you visiting?”  I smiled, “In a week or two?” “That sounds just find, Yusuke. We’ll see you soon.”

“Alright, bye auntie.” I hung up and grinned, “So, what do we need to find out again?” Koenma twitched and Hiei walked out the door. Kurama smiled.

“Worry not, Yusuke. We’ll discus it again later. For now, go home and make arrangements for our visit.”

Two weeks later, found Yusuke rushing up the shrine steps to greet Kagome who was running down them.

“Kaggy!” I yelled. A giant smile erupted on her face as she raced down the stairs. “Yusuke!” She suddenly tripped and before she hit the ground I rushed forward a bit and caught her.

“How’s my favorite female cousin doing?” I asked her with a grin. She playfully pushed me and grinned, “You’re only female cousin is good and wishes you’d stop calling her Kaggy.” I grinned.

“Ah, yes, but not all wishes come true.” Her smile faltered but she shrugged it off and placed a fake smile on.

“Isn’t that the truth?” she joked and straightened out her clothes. “Who are your friends?” She asked as her eyes scanned them all. I grinned and turned.

Kagome’s POV –

“Isn’t that the truth?” I laughed bitterly to myself as I forced a grin. “Who are your friends?” I asked as he turned around.

“I am the great Kuwabara! And I think I'm in love!” he declared. I laughed as I instantly thought of Miroku. As I laughed tears escaped my eyes in my hidden depression.

“I'm sorry, you just remind me off one of my good friends.” I whispered as I wiped the tears away.

The tall red head smiled in understanding and stepped forward. He grabbed my hand and left a soft kiss on it. “My name is Suichi Minamino, and it’s a pleasure to meet you.” he whispered with a wink. I felt a blush rise as I withdrew my hand. ‘Hmm, he’s a fox youkai.’ I thought to my self I grinned.

“You’re as shameless as a fox!” I whispered to him and laughed as he stood shocked. I winked and looked at the next one. He opened his mouth slightly and said his name. “Hiei.” I smiled and nodded.

“I am Yusuke’s cousin, Kagome. It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” I brought them all inside and lead them to the guest bedrooms. We had two extra rooms, making them have to share.

“Kuwabara, you can stay in here with Yusuke, Hiei and Suichi, you can share that room across the hall.” I said with a smile. Yusuke and Kuwabara both yelled in outrage, seeing as there was only one bed in there.

“Hell no! I'm sleeping in you’re room Kags, kind of like when we were younger!” He said with a laugh. I laughed as well.

“Fine, but you’re going to have to leave your bags in there. Oh, and you all need to meet Sango! She’s in one of the other rooms.” I grinned as I ran to another room.

“Sango!” I yelled in excitement. She came rushing out with a giant pillow as if I were under attack.

“What’s wrong?!” She asked. I laughed.

“Nothing, I just wanted to introduce you to my cousin and his friends. Where is Shippo?” I asked her. Sango laughed and pointed to her door.

“Shippo quit playing with Kirara and come here!” I yelled in false anger. I laughed as he came bouncing out of the room.

“I’m here momma!” he cried and hugged my leg. I picked him up and grabbed Sango’s hand.

“Yusuke! This is Sango, she’s my best friend, and this is Shippo. He’s my son.” I whispered as I hugged Shippo. Yusuke stood silently and stared at Shippo.

“He’s your… you were… who…” Yusuke fainted. I giggled as I kneeled next him.

“Oh Yusuke, he’s adopted! His parents were killed and I couldn’t just leave him to die!” Yusuke lifted his eyelids and sighed in relief. Shippo walked over to Suichi with his illusion still up and smiled up at him. He stuck his ‘hand’ out,

“Hi, I'm Shippo! You and I are a lot alike. I like you. Do you want to color with me?” He asked. Suichi smiled down at him and shook his hand.

“I am called Suichi, we do look similar don’t we, kind of like foxes, ne?  I’d love to color with you.” Shippo dragged Suichi off to the living room with a grin. I smiled and then helped Yusuke up.

Suichi’s POV –

“I know what you are, please don’t hurt Kagome! She’s been through a lot and lost a lot of friends because of the Jewel. Please help me protect her.” Shippo pleaded. I smiled at Shippo.

“You’re smart. We aren’t here to harm her. We are here to ask for her help. But we just need to make sure she is who we are here for. So you are a fox, correct?” Shippo nodded enthusiastically.

“Yep, Momma says I’m her favorite fox in the world!” He said with glee.

“You’re a kitsune too, right?” He asked. I nodded. “I am a silver.” Shippo looked at me with awe, but before he could ask any questions, I cut him off.

“Does Kagome know about demons?” I asked. Shippo grinned and nodded.

“She spent the last three years of her life fighting them, of course she does.” Suichi was baffled. How had she come into contact with them?

“Shippo, how did she come into contact with them? There are barriers that keep them out of the human realm.” Shippo fidgeted.

“If I tell you, you have to promise me not to tell anyone or anything. A pinky promise!” he declared. I smiled and let Youko surface.

“Indeed.” He said as he stuck out his finger. They linked fingers as golden eyes clashed with cerulean and Shippo began speaking.

“Have you ever heard the story of the Jewel of Four Souls?”

Kagome’s POV –

Yusuke, Kuwabara, Sango, Souta, and I sat in the living room playing video games. Mom walked in and sat next to me.

“Kagome, perhaps you’d like to show them around and point out several of the colleges to them.” I laughed and looked at Yusuke.

“I never thought Yusuke would make it to college.” I said laughing. I stood as Yusuke leapt at me, and ran. I giggled and ran out the door to the shrine and saw Suichi and Shippo sitting and coloring. They turned to look at me in amusement.

“Suichi! Hide me!” I yelled as I hid behind him. Suichi looked at Yusuke slyly.

“And what would I get in return?” He asked as his eyes shaded with golden specks. I paused.

“What do you want?” I asked cautiously. He grinned.

“A favor of my choice; when I want it.” I pondered it.

“Deal, but it has to be within reason.” Suichi grinned and leapt at Yusuke, holding him down. I giggled and ran off behind the shrine. Minutes later I heard Yusuke run from where I came. I grinned from my hiding spot in the Goshinboku tree.

“Kagome! Are you in that tree?” I let out a sheepish smile and laughed.

“Maybe!” He walked to the base of the tree.

“I demand you come down now!” He yelled. I giggled, before sticking my tongue out at him,

“Never!” I yelled with another laugh. Yusuke frowned but began to climb the tree. I yelped and began to climb higher. As I lifted my foot to another branch, my foot slid and I began to fall.

“Kagome!” Yusuke called. As I fell, I closed my eyes and cursed my luck. Just as I felt I was about to meet my doom, I landed in the arms of Hiei. As I landed in his arms, my mind suddenly viewed every single memory of the feudal era I went through. As tears poured down my eyes, I could tell that Hiei saw them too. I looked at Hiei’s face in shock and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I remember you,” I whispered to his ears, “brother.”

- Flash back -

I sat in the hot springs soaking my aching body with Sango. As she stood to leave, she looked at me,

“Do you want me to wait with you?” I shook my head, refusing to get out.

“No I'm fine. I’ll head back soon.” I whispered as I closed my eyes. After she left I opened my eyes and sighed.

As I went to stand, a demon fell from the sky, and into the water. I blushed and grabbed my towel. After realizing the youkai was not about to rise from the water, I jumped in to save him.

I dragged his soaking body out of the water and pressed my head to his chest, waiting for him to take a breath. The youkai didn’t breathe, so I did the one thing I knew I could do for him; I gave him CPR. After a few minutes, the youkai started coughing up water and I let out a sigh of relief. He looked up at me with his ruby red eyes, and I smiled.

“Are you ok?” I asked in concern. The Youkai simply stared in confusion.

“You saved me…” he whispered, “Why?” I laughed as I sat down, still in my towel.

“I couldn’t sit back and let someone die, especially not when I knew I could help.” I said with a smile. He frowned and stared at my face.

“But you’re a miko!” He declared. I laughed again and looked down at my hands.

“Just because I was born to kill youkai, doesn’t mean I have to.” I said as I thought of Kikyo. The youkai snorted,

“I'm sure that’s what you all say, right before you smolder us up.” He accused. It was my turn to scoff.

“Fine! Next time I’ll just let you die!” I stood up and turned to leave, but his hand stopped me. I turned calmly and looked at him.

“I'm a forbidden child. Everywhere I go, people try to kill me or capture and torture me. I live my life in distrust because I don’t know who I can trust. I can never be accepted for who I am.” I frowned down at him as tears slid down my face.

“I’ll accept you.” I whispered into the young boy’s head. He closed his eyes, but refused to let any tears fall but one. As it hit the ground, it turned into a pretty orb. He handed it to me and cuddled his head into my stomach.

“I don’t normally cry! But I wanted you to have that, just incase.” He stood and held my hand in his. “I'm on a mission to find my sister. I have to leave now.” He turned to leave but he stopped, “My name is Hiei.” He whispered, and he was gone. “Kagome.” I whispered to the wind, knowing he would hear.

‘We ran into each other several times after that, he would often time give up pieces of the jewel shard, for a meal. He eventually asked her to be his sister. She hadn’t seen him for over a year after that, and then she was gone from that world.’

-End of Flashback-

Hiei looked at me softly and nodded before replacing his cool demeanor.

“Kagome, are you alright?” I heard Yusuke ask. I nodded and wrapped my arms around Yusuke. He grinned and then held me down.

“Good, because now its pay back time!” He yelled as his fingers skillfully began to tickle me through my shirt. I wriggled around and giggled as my shirt lifted and he continued to tickle me. After a few minutes he stopped and his fingers grazed over the scars all over my back.

“K-Kagome? What happened to you?” he whispered. I cringed and let tears drip from my eyes. I looked into his eyes and I hugged him.

“A lot happened Yusuke; A lot that you, momma, and Souta couldn’t help me with. I know you are aware of what exists in this world, so am I. I want to tell you, but I can’t bring myself to do it. I could show you,” I hesitated as I looked at Hiei who nodded in understanding. Hiei closed his eyes and grabbed both mine, and Yusuke’s arms. Together, the three of us saw my past again.

Yusuke clenched his fists and held me tighter.

“I'm sorry, Kagome.” He whispered. “You should have called, or came over. I could have helped you.” I sniffled and laughed.

“It’s ok, Yusuke. I'm fine. I’ve had plenty of friends to help me along the way.” I held his hand as we all walked back to the shrine.

“So why are you really here?” I asked him. Yusuke blushed and rubbed the back of his neck.

Koenma’s POV –

I sat at my desk, doing a regular day's worth of paperwork. The only difference with today is the bad feeling I’ve had since I called the detectives in. As I finished a stack the door opened. Without looking up, I smiled.

“Ah, George, great timing, take these papers to the filing cabinets.” I ordered. George made no answer I looked up and saw an irritated Lord of the Western Makai standing silently above me. I gaped and started to stutter.

“L-l-lord Sheshomaru! What are you doing here! Is there something wrong?” I asked, hoping he wasn’t here because of my latest objective. Sheshomaru simply growled in annoyance and held out a packet of papers.

“What is this, Koenma? I believe we had a deal. I do not invade Reikai and destroy you and the barriers, and you tell me when Kagome is done with her past and leave her alone. She has already saved your ass several times from me. Now is not the time to mess around. Why are the detectives at my sister’s home?” Koenma shuddered. He had forgotten just how scary the lord could be.

“I-I um, she, we, the barrier needs her help!” I blurted out. Sheshomaru narrowed his eyes. “I am sorry for not telling you, but please, we needed to get a hold of her, as soon as we could, besides, we weren’t even sure if it was her.” Sheshomaru scoffed,

“This Sheshomaru does not like being disregarded and uninformed. I demand you grant my demands, understood.” I cursed my luck and nodded.

“Very well, name your prices.” Sheshomaru grinned and I fought to suppress my shudder.
Yusuke’s POV –

“So Kagome…” I paused as she looked at me, “How would you feel about being trained?” Kagome’s eyes lit up.

“I’ve been trained physically in every weapon imaginable, but I haven’t had spiritual training, I think that would be fantastic!” She yelled in excitement. I grinned and pulled out my cell phone.

“Well, I guess I’ll make some calls. I know a very good trainer.” He grinned slyly, eager to find out how Kagome could handle the wrath of Genkai.

“Hello Dimwit.” Came the voice of Genkai. I grinned and answered,

“I have someone who needs to be trained, she’s my cousin.” The other side of the phone was silent.

“Does she know about youkai? Her powers? How to fight?” genkai asked. I laughed.

“Yes, yes, and yes.” Genkai snorted.

“Very well, bring her by Monday at seven.” She then hung up.

“Seven?!” I yelled. I sat down grumbling and looked at Kagome.

“She wants to see you on Monday, at seven in the morning.” Kagome smiled, “I get to sleep in!” She declared. I looked at her like she was insane, before she laughed and walked away.

-Monday-

Kagome’s POV –

I walked up the many steps of the shrine and laughed as I heard Yusuke moan and complain. I walked in step with Suichi and smiled at him.

“Hello there, Suichi.” I said. He smiled,

“Just call me Kurama.” I smiled, “Very well, Kurama.” He smiled in return. His eyes suddenly changed from emerald green to a cold, crisp gold, as long, silver locks replaced his luscious red ones. Suddenly, his tail was wrapped around my waist and his arm was wrapped around my shoulders. I blushed as he lifted my chin. With a grin, he placed his lips on mine and began to kiss me. Suddenly, he was changed back into Suichi.

Suichi pulled away blushing as brightly as his hair, and he immediately began to apologize. I laughed and he was silent. I placed my hand on his chest and trailed it up and down his collar bone.

“You shouldn’t have stopped, I wasn’t angry” With a wink, I turned and continued to walk up to the top of the stairs, leaving behind a very, confused teenager, and a kitsune howling in unheard laughter.

At the top, I was greeted by an old woman. I smiled and bowed respectfully.

“Hello, my name is Kagome Higurashi. I am Yusuke’s Cousin.” The woman cracked a smile and bowed as well.

“I am Genkai; I like you better than Yusuke already.” I laughed at Yusuke’s yell of outrage.

“I am glad.” Genkai gestured for me to follow so we all stepped forward. She stopped and turned towards us.

“Just her.” I followed her as she walked into her shrine, leaving everyone behind to wait.

Inside the giant shrine, genkai lead me to a room in which she tested my spiritual levels. Then she led me to a room of boxes and pulled out a stack of boxes. She looked at me with a serious face and asked me what was in the box. I closed my eyes and felt for an aura. I frowned.

“Nothing?” I asked. She narrowed her eyes.

“Are you sure?” I blushed and nodded. She smiled,

“You are right.” She pulled out another one and grinned.

“What’s in this one?” I frowned.

“A… demonic weapon?” Genkai grinned and nodded again.

“Close enough.” She opened it and pulled out a sword.

“Do you remember your father?” she asked me. I frowned and shook my head.

“He made you this blade with his fang. He left it here for you, because he knew when the time came, you would need to make the choice.” I frowned. “What choice?” I asked. She sighed.

“You are a full human miko. But your father was a full blooded kitsune. You are both. You must choose; do you wish to destroy your youkai blood and be completely human, or do you want to become a demon with control of your miko powers?” I frowned.

“I will never deny who I am.” I whispered. Genkai smiled.

“Good. Close your eyes and picture a bright light, the light of your soul. In it, you will embrace it into you. Let it become one with yourself.” I closed my eyes and obeyed. Within minutes, I was surrounded by silver light. I looked at my hands where dull fingernails once sat, and saw long pointed nails. I grabbed a lock of hair and pulled it in front of my eyes. Silver, silky locks replaced my black ones, and when I looked in the mirror, my eyes were mostly gold with rings of blue. I held the blade close to my chest and smiled at Genkai.

“Thank you!” I yelled and hugged her. She smiled and patted my back. “Training will be everyday, from six to two. It is likely, that Kurama will volunteer to teach you. I suggest you accept.”

“Umm… How do I hide my form around humans?” I asked. She smiled and handed me a leaf charm. I laughed. “Thanks again. See you tomorrow.” I said and walked back outdoors where everyone was most likely training or sleeping.

Kurama's POV

I was showing Shippo how to summon a whip; his whip was made of fire. As he summoned it I looked behind Shippo after recognizing a new presence. Behind Shippo, there was a beautiful, female, fox demon. Her thick silver locks were blowing behind her in the wind. I immediately snapped my self out of shock as Shippo began talking.

“Look Kurama! I did it! Its made of fire!” He exclaimed. I smiled down at him and patted him on the head. “Well done Shippo, we'll have to show your mother what you can do when she comes back.”

I looked back up at the female, and saw she was coming closer. As she grew closer I inhaled her sent; it was just like Kagome's, but it had a more nature-induced smell to it.

“Hello, Kurama.” She said as she kneeled down next to Shippo. Shippo looked up at her in awe, “Mamma?” he questioned. She smiled and nodded to him. Shippo immediately began to jump up and down, begging her to explain what had occurred.

She sat down and motioned for me to sit down as well, behind her, every one else was listening intently. “Well,” she began, trying to think of where to start “Genkai showed me a box, and told me to tell her what was inside. I was stumped because it didn't feel like anything; so that's what I told her. Apparently I was correct. She then pulled another box out, and it had demonic energy from that of a kitsune. I realized it was a sword. On the sword were five stones. Each stone stood for an element. The fifth stone was different.”

She paused and let the information seep in. Shock filtered my entire being as I grew more confused. I felt Youko's curiosity rise in him as she started to continue. “The fifth stone, allowed my true nature to be revealed. It seems that though I am full human miko, my ancestors were demons. Being such, I was given the choice to keep remain full human, or to become full demon and inherit new abilities. I decided that I wouldn't mind being able to protect myself, as well as Shippo.”

As she finished she had a bright smile and she was looking down at Shippo whom was staring at her, still in awe. I gently chuckled at Shippo's awe-struck appearance catching both his and kagome's attention.

“Well, Shippo, wouldn't you like to show your mother what you can do?” I asked him, as everyone started to return to what they had been doing before. Shippo jumped up eagerly, and nodded. He summoned a whip, and as before it was made of a blue flame.

“That's amazing Shippo!” Kagome applauded him, and then giggled, “now you just have to learn how to fight with it. Shippo grinned and looked up at me.

“Thank you Kurama! After you teach me, you should teach mamma.” He said with a goofy expression on his face, almost as if, he had devised a plan. His grin went unnoticed by Kagome, who was currently surprised by his out burst.
Noticing she was about to reject, I immediately accepted. “But of course Shippo! I will teach both you, and your mother. It would be my honor.” I said as I seductively kissed her hand.

A faint blushed appeared on her face and I grinned even more. “Thank you Kurama.” She said looking above me and not into my eyes.

“Good.” I stated as I straightened myself out. “When should we start practicing?” I asked, trying to hide the eagerness of both Youko and I. She blushed again, “well, I am also being trained by Genkai, so do you prefer to do it early or later?” she asked me.

I immediately turned her words, deciding I could enjoy making that blush resurface. “Well, the closer to night time the better; it's always more fun at night. What about training?”

As predicted her face lit like a Christmas light as she immediately sent me a glare. I felt the playfulness radiating of her as Youko was starting to gain even more control.

Suddenly, she placed her hand on my chest; slowly, letting her fingers slide along every curve through my thin shirt. Her blue eyes were staring into my green ones that were now laced with golden specks. As Youko was close to the surface of control, I shuddered as she delicately ran her fingers down my collarbone.

She then smirked and pulled her hand away. She bent down and grabbed Shippo, “I guess I'll see you tonight at five then.” She left, throwing a wink over her shoulder. I felt my self staring at her hips as she walked away, almost in a trance.

I watched as she went to Sango and left toward her home.

Hiei's POV

Sango and I had been fighting for a good fifteen minutes before she gave in. I was surprised she lasted that long, most humans would have fallen after five. She seemed to be exhausted, and I couldn't blame her; I was probably one of the strongest and fastest opponents she had faced. Not to be conceited of course.

Most humans angered and disgusted me, but she was different. She had spunk, she could fight pretty well, and she was endlessly loyal to those who she considered family or friends. She would rather die in battle, than let a friend die, when she knew she could have done more to save them; that was admirable.

I noticed that her speed was better than the average human, an advantage she would undoubtedly need in the future. She also was very strong and determined. When we were fighting, there was this look in her eyes; she refused to give in until her body couldn't function. I glanced at her from the corner of my eye and noticed she was bleeding from many cuts; none were deep enough to cause damage though.

I sat down next to her as she panted heavily, she looked at me with a grin, “You're pretty damn fast!” She exclaimed. “You are faster and stronger than the average human, onna.” I stated as I stared at my katana. I wasn't used to complementing anyone, but it was true, and though I normally wouldn't have responded in such a way, I did. I felt that she deserved the respect. I noticed her breathing had regulated as she sat there astonished at the complement I had given her.

We both stood as Kagome approached us. I was shocked that she had become a fox, but needless to say, it didn't surprise me after thinking about it. She was very mischievous and sly. She had a funny sense of humor that was very fox like.

“Hello Sango, Hiei, can I borrow Sango? We must return home to get our stuff.” She stated with a small smile. I nodded and left to go see Kurama. He was the only one who would truly understand him and accept what he felt. He needed to talk.


Converting /tmp/phpasXrg2 to /dev/stdout