InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's POV
 
Together, Sango and I walked to my shrine; it was roughly thirty minutes away from Genkai's. As we were walking, Sango's silence stumped me.
 
“Sango, are you ok?” I asked. Curiosity was driving me mad; never before had Sango remained so quiet on a walk.
 
“I'm fine, Kagome.” She replied as she continued to quietly ponder to herself again. I frowned, but decided to push her no further.
 
I sighed to my self and began to think about how kind Kurama had been to Shippo. `He'd make a great father and mate' I thought to myself as I felt a small blush and a smile appear on my face.
 
I was snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed Sango staring into my eyes “I'm sorry, what did you say?” I asked at her. She grinned, “What's up with you and Mr. Fox?” She asked as a blush found its way to my face.
 
“I, it's not like that, he's just,” I paused as I grew even more flustered,
 
“What about you and Hiei, hmm?” I asked grinning, as it was her turn to blush and be flustered. We both stared into each other's eyes in triumph.
 
“I'll tell if you tell.” Sango said with a grin. I blushed but nodded.
 
Kurama's POV
 
I sat below the trees pondering what had just occurred.
 
`She teased me.' I thought feeling both pleased and disappointed at the same time.
 
/Well, that much is obvious/ Youko said in the back of my mind.
 
`Youko, what should we do?' I asked him feeling lost and confused
 
/Well, we should play her at her own game; if she wants to be playful, be playful. If she's flirting, flirt back. We need to play to her emotions. Make sure she knows we want her! If some one else takes her from us, I'll kill you!”/ He answered
 
[Fox, we need to talk.] Some one whispered in my mind. I looked up to see Hiei in the tree above me.
 
“Hello Hiei.” I said looking up at him as he glared at me. “What seems to be you problem?” I asked him as he jumped down and sat besides me.
 
“The onna, Sango, she is different than most humans.” Hiei said sitting quietly waiting to hear my reply. I quietly sat and digested what he said.
 
“And? Is there a question behind all this-” I cut my self off and grinned. “You're growing feelings for her, aren't you?” My grin grew wider as he remained silent and continued to stare. “If you needed advise, you should have just said so.” I continued, waiting for his response. “So what do you intend-” I was cut off by Hiei.
 
“Silence fox.” He paused as a grin appeared on my face. “I am confused. She makes me feel different; she understands my pain. I am unsure of what to do.” He said. I smiled realizing this must be hard for him to admit.
 
“Well, Hiei, if you're attracted to her, find out how she plays and play along.” I said coyly. He raised an eyebrow at me, obviously confused. “Hiei, most card games are strategy rather than luck. If you play your cards right, then you often times get the prize you desire.” I explained as he nodded silently.
 
Hiei looked up at me with a small smirk. “So how are things with the Kitsune?” he asked. I sat there for a moment unsure of how to answer. As I opened my mouth to reply, Kuwabara made his way over.
 
“Did you see how hot Kagome looked?” Kuwabara asked us. I felt a growl escape my throat, /don't let him talk like that, she's ours!/ Youko yelled inside my head. I stood up and stared into the detective's eyes as I glared hatefully at him. I growled low in my throat, but he heard it well.
 
Kuwabara backed up with his hands in the air, “Hey, She's all yours.” He said. I felt guilt rise in my self as I immediately calmed down and breathed.
 
“I- I'm sorry Kuwabara. I lost control for a moment. Please forgive me.” I said feeling utterly ashamed. I felt horrible, of course Kuwabara hadn't meant anything by the statement, `God, I'm such an idiot.' I looked over at Hiei who was silently chuckling at me. Kuwabara nodded in understanding.
 
“I get it man, you like her.” He said with a grin, “Just don't hurt her; Yusuke will kill you.” I nodded in agreement and understanding. And with that I wondered off and decided to wait until five.
 
Sango's POV
 
Me and Kagome arrived at her shrine and went to her room. Together we packed clothing and personal items. After packing, we sat down on her bed and began to talk about what girls talk about best; boys.
 
“So how do you feel about Kurama?” I asked her. She blushed but nodded. I jumped up and down, and squealed gleefully. “I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! As soon as you saw him, I could tell you were totally into him!” I yelled feeling very triumphant.
 
“What ever! Who cares, god! What about you? Hmm? How do you feel about Hiei?” She asked me. I blushed, how was I supposed to reply to that?
 
“I- I, um,” I paused as my blush grew deeper, “Fine! You got me, I like him.” I said in a whisper. I looked up at her and saw grinning.
 
“So what happened between you two?” She asked me. I blushed.
 
“Well, we were fighting, and he is really fast too, seriously, but anyway, and after about fifteen minutes I couldn't fight anymore. But the way he fought was honorable, and he was so fun to spar with, I couldn't help it.” I paused, “Also, he, complimented my speed and strength; and I get the feeling that from him it's rare. He really seems hard and cold on the surface; but once you get through all of that and find out who he is, he is trustworthy and kind. And, he shares a similar past with me, and he understands how I feel! Kagome, I really like him.” I admitted guiltily.
 
She smiled and patted my back. “Just show him how strong you are and show him who you are. Let him know that you're there for him if he needs it. Plus, he obviously admires your strength and feels a connection with you!” she said
 
I smiled and nodded, “Thanks. I guess we should head back to Genkai's now, I mean Its almost five, you wouldn't want to miss your date with Kurama.” I said slyly. She blushed and playfully shoved me. “It's not a date; we're training.” She insisted, but I refused to agree instead I just nodded and sarcastically answered “Mhm, of course.”
Kagome walked out of her temporary room at Genkai's dressed in black mid-thigh shorts and a red tank-top. As she walked out the door, she grabbed her sword and a few daggers that she placed on her hip. As she walked out of Genkai's home, she approached the training grounds and saw Kurama standing with his back to her in his fox demon form. She grinned and slowly crept towards him as silently as she could.
 
“Hello, Kagome.” Kurama said as he turned with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a red rose in the other. Kagome stopped her approach, and stared at him in confusion. Suddenly, he disappeared. She turned around to come face to face with him; his single red rose was now a whip and the bouquet of flowers were gently laid on the steps behind him. He smirked.
 
“You should never put your guard down,” he whispered as he attacked with the whip. Kagome jumped to the side just barely escaping its wrath. She turned and held up her sword, just as it struck again. As Kurama pulled back, Kagome went on the offense and dove in to slice him. Kurama jumped back and snapped the whip once more, this time cutting her cheek. Kagome halted her attacks and looked up with anger in her eyes.
 
She quickly changed into her demon form, as her grip tightened on her sword, he snapped the whip again. Kagome reached out and grabbed the whip as it slipped past her face, and then quickly pulled Kurama to her by surprise.
 
As Kurama let go of the whip, she sliced his cheek and grinned. Kagome quickly did a hand-spring backwards and pulled out two daggers, as she placed the sword back at her side.
 
Kurama advanced as Kagome threw the daggers, one dagger missed, while the other sliced his arm. Kagome charged with her sword raised, and as she was about to strike, vines crawled up her legs and arms, successfully knocking the blade out of her hands. Kagome frowned and realized she was stuck.
 
“What the- How did you do that?” She asked him in awe as the vines unwrapped themselves. Kurama only grinned as he stepped closer to her. His silver locks gently blew in the wind behind him. His golden eyes were laced with emotions she couldn't read. She stared into his eyes before he finally replied.
 
“With time you will learn how to do what I have done. As a Silver kitsune, you, like me, can control plants, force them to obey your every whim. They will follow your demand, as long as you treat them with the love and respect they deserve.” After he finished speaking their lips were only centimeters apart. As Kurama's feel Kagome's breath on his lips, he quickly turned from her, with a small smirk on his face.
 
Kagome stood there dumbfounded and lost, before she suddenly turned angry once she realized what he did.
 
 
Kagome's POV
 
`That jerk just teased me. How dare he? Granted, I did it to him earlier; payback's a bitch huh?' I looked back and saw him sitting on the steps calmly with his eyes raised to the darkening sky. I walked over and sat down next to him.
 
“What are you thinking about?” I asked him curiously. He looked at me with those stunning golden eyes, and in them I saw confliction. I grew more curious as I waited for his reply.
 
“The past; the present; the future,” he paused as a small smile appeared on his face. “I do wonder if things had been different in the past, how it would affect me now and later. Part of me wishes it hadn't happened, but the other part of me is glad it did.”
 
“Why are you glad?” I asked. Honestly I wouldn't want to be trapped in my body with another soul; it would anger me.
 
“If I hadn't acted as I did then, I never would have met Suichi, Hiei, Yusuke,” He paused as he looked at me again, “and you.” I blushed at his words as I slowly thought of what to say.
 
“I'm glad you did too.” I shyly responded, wondering what he would say to that. He smiled again. One of his hands reached up and tilted my head, while the other wrapped itself around my own hand.
 
He stared into my eyes as his lips covered mine. He nibbled on my lower lip, and I inhaled sharply. His tongue gently slid into my mouth and slowly explored its entity. I felt my self groan inwardly as he gently massage my lower lip with his teeth. As he pulled away, he rested his forehead on mine as we both caught our breath. He looked into my eyes and smiled.
 
After a few minutes he stood up with my hand still in his and helped me up. With a blush I stood up, and he handed me the long forgotten bouquet of flowers. He led me to a grassy area underneath the trees and started to teach me how to manipulate plants.
 
Hiei's POV
 
I sat in the trees not far off from where Sango was sharpening her katana. As she was bringing the blade down, she accidentally sliced her hand open. As the blade fell from her grasp, I watched as she winced and I frowned as the inhaled the scent of her blood. I narrowed my eyes and jumped down besides her.
 
“You should be more careful.” I stated as she jumped. Her hand was wrapped around her wrist in an effort to halt the bleeding. She cringed and turned from me.
 
“I know; it was my fault.” She answered as she tried to pick the sword up again. I grasped her arm and turned her towards me.
 
“Release the sword, onna.” I demanded so she wouldn't cut her self again. She pulled away and glowered at me.
 
“I have a name, you know it; use it!” she yelled at me. I frowned and pulled her towards me again,
 
“Sango,” I paused as I enjoyed the feeling of her name rolling off of my lips. “Let go of the sword and give me your hand.” I calmly insisted. She reluctantly lowered hand to mine and watched me carefully.
 
I brought her hand to my lips and licked up the cut. It slowly closed and the blood was all gone. I looked at Sango and noticed her surprise. I smirked as she pulled her hand back and inspected it carefully. Her eyes came back to mine and were filled with gratitude.
 
“Thank you, Hiei.” She said as a smile lit up her face. I couldn't help but to notice how lovely she looked when she smiled. When I snapped out of my thoughts I realized her lips were mere inches away from mine.
 
I leaned in closer and placed my lips on her. She looked into my eyes with her chocolate ones and she slowly closed them as she hungrily responded. As I pulled away I smirked as she panted with a grin of her own, plastered on her face.
 
We stood there together in silence, enjoying each other's company, before we were back at it again.