InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Time Warp *Revised* ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's POV
 
"So tell me again, why don't you want to talk to mom yet?" I asked, curious and confused. Aki looked at me thoughtfully before playing with his ring again.
 
"I'm not ready to see her yet." He said, obviously lying and stalling at the same time. He begun to play with his ring again, not content with its placing.
 
"What is that ring from?" I asked him. He looked up startled and smiled brightly.
 
"I got it from a… group of some sort. It was a group of fox youkai who felt threatened by humans. I originally thought they were horrible, until I met your mother. I quit the group and made some enemies of them when I did quit. That's actually part of the reason I left." I frowned but smiled at him again,
 
"Well, you're home now, and that's all that matters." Aki smiled at me and patted my shoulder.
 
"Almost my dear." I frowned as he put the ring on another finger,
 
"Weren't you wearing it on your other hand earlier?" He look down and frowned,
 
"Oh, yes. Excuse me, I seem to be doing that a lot lately." He laughed and put the ring back on his other hand. I laughed lightly before standing and leaving to find Kurama.
 
Kurama's POV
 
'I don't like him.' Youko said as we were sitting and pondering about Kagome's father.
 
`Neither do I, I don't trust him.` I replied. To be honest, I didn't believe his whole story about wanting to come back and not being able to return. And who is this Loriden?
 
`Youko, I'm going to go talk to Koenma about this,` I paused and looked around
something just, doesn't add up right.'
 
'Which part? The fatherly figure or the mystery man?' he asked I frowned
 
"Both." I said aloud, feeling both determined and suspicious of it all.
 
"Both what?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Kagome, I smiled as she walked closer and I took her into my arms.
 
"Nothing, love, nothing at all." I leaned in and kissed her passionately.
 
'We'll figure this out red, don't worry.' I ignored him because inside, I completely agreed.
 
 
 
Hiei's POV
 
I climbed into Kurama's window and sat on the window sill until he returned to his room. Sango was mad at me for being 'two-faced', and I needed advice. Minutes passed, maybe hours, until he finally came into his room. Unfortunately, he wasn't alone, straddling his hips was Kagome and their lips were locked like some kind of lock. I felt my self flush as they noticed me.
 
I opened my mouth to come up with a statement, but found none; I was startled. Kagome started to blush before she kissed him once more and whispered in his ear,
 
"I'll see you tonight." with a sly smile she walked out of his room.
 
Kurama turned towards me, obviously angry and definitely not pleased.
 
"You better have a really good explanation for this Hiei." feeling embarrassed, I looked away. Kurama sighed and motioned for me to talk.
 
Kurama's POV
 
'You cock-blocker!' Youko yelled through my mind at Hiei. I was amazed at how often Youko and I were agreeing lately. Hiei looked at me with calm and yet sad eyes. He looked more unbalanced and uncontrolled than ever.
 
"I need you help, Kurama." He said. He sounded so lost and confused. I nodded and smiled.
 
"What are friends for?" I asked. For one of the fist times I've seen, I saw him smile.
 
Later That Day~
 
Hiei's POV
 
"Sango?" I asked. She looked at me with her piercing brown eyes and nodded. I struggled to find the words I wanted to say.
 
"I was wondering," I paused, "If you wanted to go with me on a," I paused once again hoping she would get an understanding of what I was trying to say.
 
"What are you trying to ask?" She asked me. I felt my self get embarrassed.
 
"A date?" She blushed and smiled. She brought her face closer to mine and I felt relieved.
 
"Of course." she answered. I smiled at her and brought my lips to hers.
 
Even Later that Day~
 
Author's POV
 
Sitting together in a tree sat Sango and Hiei. Silence filled the air around them, but in the silence, slight contentment could be felt. Without uttering a single word to one another, they felt loved.
 
Kurama's POV
 
After Kagome & Hiei left, I went ahead and got ready to hang out at Genkai's with Kagome.
 
'Red, why are we going to go to Genkai's when we could take her here? Or somewhere else that's isolated and quiet?' I laughed
 
`Youko, you know we aren't doing anything like that! We're going over there to ensue that nothing should happen to Kagome or our friends.` I felt Youko pouting in the back of my head.
 
'Fine.' he replied snidely and pouted again. I couldn't help but chuckle. I locked my front door, and headed out for Genkai's.
 
Yusuke's POV
 
"Keiko! Do we have to go tonight? Why not tomorrow? Or this weekend?" I begged as she dragged me to Genkai's.
 
"I want to meet her Yusuke, and I'm not just going to show up without you and let myself in." She replied angrily. I sighed and decided arguing was futile. Besides Kagome wouldn't mind meeting her anyway.
 
Kagome's POV
 
I was sitting on Genkai's couch watching TV before Genkai strolled in, talking to my father. They sat themselves down and began to ask about my adventures in the past. To say I was uncomfortable about this discussion was an understatement.
 
I explained some parts of my time traveling, but not others. I left out a whole bunch. At six o'clock Kurama showed up, with a green bag over his shoulder and a dainty bouquet of flowers. I smiled as he handed them to me.
 
"Thanks Kurama." I said with a faint blush on my cheeks. He smiled and bent down to kiss me, before my father coughed. We looked to my father who didn't seem to be paying attention at all.
 
We started the night out by watching a movie, not just any movie, we watched Saw 3. In the middle of the movie, when the man was walking through the hallway, the door was knocked on. We all jumped, but only I screamed. I clung to Kurama's arm before blushing madly.
 
Genkai went to answer the door.
 
Yusuke's POV
 
Keiko rang the doorbell and I, impatiently, waited for someone to answer the door. When the door opened, I opened my mouth to ask for Kagome, but The opener spoke first.
 
"What are you doing here dimwit?" It was Genkai. Before I could reply snidely, Keiko beat me to the punch, what is up with females these days?
 
"We're here to see Yusuke's Cousin!" She said excitedly.
 
Genkai smiled at her and let us in.
 
I walked up to the living room before an unfamiliar scent reached my nose,
 
"Who the fuck is that?!" I yelled when I saw a strange man sitting in the corner of the room. Before anyone could reply, Keiko hit me in the back of the head.
 
"Yusuke, that was rude!" She walked forward and found Kagome,
 
"Hello Kagome, I'm Keiko, Yusuke's girlfriend." I smiled as Kagome shook her hand and smiled.
 
"But seriously who is that guy?" I asked again, this time in a less forward way.
 
The man who sat in the corner stood and looked at me. With a gracious smile he bowed.
 
"I am Kagome's Father, and it has come to my awareness that you are my nephew?" I looked at him with a cold stare.
 
"Bull shit. Her father is dead. Who the hell are you?" This time my anger rose violently, and I felt myself transform.
 
Taken aback, the man frowned and tried again.
 
"Yusuke, I am her father. There is no denying it. You were dead at one point too, remember?" I growled threateningly before stepping closer to Kagome.
 
"Then where were you her entire life? What evidence do you have?" I was on the verge of attacking him. Its assholes like him that leave their families behind and that ticked me off.
 
Kurama's POV
 
"There is a reason for it, I assure you, its just not an easy situation to explain. When the time is right, you will get to know, but until then, I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you" He answered. There was no way in hell I was leaving without an answer, Yusuke was right. I stood besides Yusuke and stared the man down.
 
"Then answer it for me." I heard Kagome say. Her father looked at her in an offended manor.
 
"Your siding with him? You trust him more than your own father?" He asked her. I watched as her eyes darkened before she stood up angrily.
 
"Of course, He was by my side for the majority of my life, you weren't. You were never there for me, I have a reason to trust my cousin, more than I do you." I looked at Yusuke and could tell he was proud.
 
Kagome's father sat down and with a dark face he began to speak.
 
"It is a long story, but I'll start from when I met your mother. Several years ago, twenty to be exact, I met her at a book store. She was reading some mythology book, and looked nothing but normal. However, I knew that not everything was what it seemed. I started to talk to her and discovered she knew of demons. Two years later, we had you. Long before I met your mother, I met Lance; the leader of an organization that was against the human population. We existed in Ningenkai, but then Reikai discovered us. We had plans to escape of course, but only Lance and I got away." He paused and looked at his hands to play with his ring.
 
"Before I met your mother, Lance had talked of a beautiful human woman who stole his heart without the knowledge of his feelings or him. When you were six and Souta was three, Lance found me out and accused me of betrayal to the demon race. He threatened to kill your brother and your mother, but not you. Years after I left, I realized that the woman he fell in love with was you. You know how you traveled to the past?" Kagome nodded and he paused
 
"Well, that was when he found you, right before the final battle. He knew you were in love with that stupid mutt, but he couldn't understand why you didn't love him instead. He was with you until the moment you jumped into the well. Once you jumped into the well back to the future, he vowed to find you, no matter how long it took, and to make you his. He found you, but before he found you, he changed his name to Loriden. He enslaved shadow foxes and silver foxes alike to be his minions until you were in his arms or until he was dead."
 
I narrowed my eyes in suspicion, the details he used were so… descriptive. How did he know how Loriden felt? How had he found the whole story?
 
'Red, I think we should contact Koenma, soon.' I heard Youko say. I once again agreed.
 
`You're right, something's weird.`